PDA

View Full Version : TFC has smallest roster in MLS!!!!!

bgnewf
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Well it's official. I checked and Toronto FC opens camp for 2010 with the smallest roster of signed players in the league.

If we would have learned anything in the past three seasons it would be this. Why in the hell do we chose to run a roster so relatively thin compared to the rest of MLS. I for one think this is a huge mistake.

Chicago - 23
Chivas - 28
Colorado - 23
Columbus - 25
DC United - 24
Dallas - 26
Houston - 21
Kansas City - 27
Los Angeles - 27 (includes Landycakes and Becks)
New England - 20
New York - 26
Philly - 21
RSL - 23
San Jose - 23
Seattle - 22

Toronto (minus Serious I guess) - 19

We can't even practice a full 11 on 11 with these guys. Yes I know there are triallists there but there is no escaping the fact that we most likely won't have a full roster (if we do at all) until well into the regular season.

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Stop it...you're getting me upset.

I promised not to freak out until we get closer to our opening game.

It's hard.....sooooooo hard.

Gawd Mo is incompetent!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-03-2010, 03:53 PM
In MO we trust!

billyfly
02-03-2010, 03:54 PM
But the biggest fans in the MLS!

Pigfynn
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
The Galaxy and KC have almost ten more players than us signed? not good folks

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2010, 03:57 PM
still too soon to worry although i dont blame anyone for it, likely the players we'd sign are all back ups anyways

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
still too soon to worry although i dont blame anyone for it, likely the players we'd sign are all back ups anyways

It basically boils down to this Oss....would Preki do better with or without all his players in training camp sooner rather than later?

To me the answer is quite obvious, the sooner he has all the players he will be working with, the better.

So Mo is already handcuffing Preki's performance right from the start because of his own incompetence. Heading into training camp, you should be able to count on one hand alone the amount of players left to sign. That is not the case is it currently stands. Benchplayers or not, we should not be in this situation having endured an entire season of it last year and which the problems that should have been addressed have been with us since Season TWO!

Aw crap...I am getting worked up again...I am signing off. Mo is going to give me an aneurism. 3 years of the same crap before the season begins. This guy doesn't know what he is doing, end of story.

Nodoubtguy
02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Roogsy head explodes in 3...2....1....

Dirk Diggler
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Pfft ... roster depth is for losers. Real football teams only employ 11 players.

Section 117
02-03-2010, 04:30 PM
That is signed players.... From my understanding there will be anywhere from 8 - 10 players on trial when the boys gets to Florida

bgnewf
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Pfft ... roster depth is for losers. Real football teams only employ 11 players.

Yes, and they have to dress six substitutes on the bench. Today that theoretically leaves only one player you don't dress.

With due respect, we ran our roster thin last season and we are again in much the same boat. And last I looked we have Barrett, DeRo and Peterson injured.

This is unacceptable. Especially when this very same issue was identified this time last season. Perhaps Mo has to run the roster thin year after year because of some of his less than stellar spending of the salary cap dollars. Perhaps overpaying for a Garcia for example precludes him having enough money left over to fill out the spots. Only Mo know or sure I guess.

Parkdale
02-03-2010, 04:32 PM
TFC always brings in the players late. that's what happens when you bring in people from outside the NCAA system.

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 04:33 PM
And look at the grand success we've had employing that magnificent system.

Parkdale
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm just saying that it's not uncommon for us to be short staffed at this point in the season (you know, 2 months before any games start)

bgnewf
02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm just saying that it's not uncommon for us to be short staffed at this point in the season (you know, 2 months before any games start)

We are the most consistently understaffed franchise in MLS in the past three seasons Parkie.

If we were awash in trophies and playoff dates then I would not be questioning this too much. Since we are not sewing little gold stars onto our jerseys as of yet I think this is a valid point to discuss and something the team needs to address NOW. Especially when this shallow roster is significantly smaller than the rest of the league.

ManUtd4ever
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I am baffled by Mo's tendency to start the pre-season with an incomplete roster as well. It would stand to reason that the club would benefit from having all the pieces in place from the start to benefit from the implementation of strategies during practice and tournaments. It has been a very disappointing off season thus far...

Nuvinho
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
3rd keeper - Adam Street?
Said
Andrade
Smith
that Armenian Striker

IF they all pan out. I am waiting for Preki to bring in Bojan and Curtin please!!!

Nuvinho
02-03-2010, 04:42 PM
That is signed players.... From my understanding there will be anywhere from 8 - 10 players on trial when the boys gets to Florida

You probably can't tell us this....but do you know who? besides the obvious ones reported.

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-03-2010, 04:42 PM
We had the smallest roster in the league all last season. Mo et al. bitch about the small MLS rosters, yet TFC has never carried a full complement of players.

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Is it common to be consistently the most understaffed in the league at any given point? Off-season OR in-season?

Do you or do you now believe that has at least a little bit of influence on the final standings we have had these past 3 years?

And you didn't answer my question, would Preki benefit from having a larger portion of his players available right from the start, especially given this is his first year? I mean...it would be different if he ended last season with us and he is starting from where he left off.

Beach_Red
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Is it common to be consistently the most understaffed in the league at any given point? Off-season OR in-season?

Do you or do you now believe that has at least a little bit of influence on the final standings we have had these past 3 years?

Well, given how three quarters of the threads on this board are taken up with, "Get rid of___," if we had more guys on the roster we'd just have more guys people here want to get rid of ;).

Workie
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
In MO we trust!

and Bgnewf in 3...2..1 :D

Goddam he beat me to it....

Whoop
02-03-2010, 04:48 PM
It doesn't make sense. From a coaches' perspective you want to have a full team in camp to start implementing your tactics, ideas, etc in the players. Sure you leave a couple of spots open for others... but it always ends up biting us in the ass.

You can't blame being understaffed on the cap.

Section 117
02-03-2010, 04:50 PM
You probably can't tell us this....but do you know who? besides the obvious ones reported.

I don't have any names but I do know that there are 5 or 6 players from Europe outside of whose names have already discussed.

From my understanding a lot of the players are meeting them in Florida..

Whoop
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't have any names but I do know that there are 5 or 6 players from Europe outside of whose names have already discussed.

From my understanding a lot of the players are meeting them in Florida..

If Section 117 says so, I believe him. :D

reggie
02-03-2010, 04:55 PM
3rd keeper - Adam Street?
Said
Andrade
Smith
that Armenian Striker

IF they all pan out. I am waiting for Preki to bring in Bojan and Curtin please!!!
Adam Street is with the club??

Nuvinho
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Adam Street is with the club??

I got that from here:

KristianJack (http://twitter.com/KristianJack)

In case any1 is wondering who Stefan Frei is talking about as the 3rd goalie 'Adam' in TFC camp it is Canadian youngster Adam Street.

reggie
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM
cool...thx for the info

bgnewf
02-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Triallists are gambles. You can strike gold but you also end up with a lot of shite as well. Have we as a club had a lot of luck with triallists? I do not think that we have had any significant success with the triallist route. Yet here we are again, hoping for some help from a guy from Namimbia, an Egyptian player with a history of troublemaking who has been playing in the Libyan League and a Portuguese defender with a blown out knee.

At this stage of the year we should not have about 24% of our roster still up for grabs people. It is not fair to the players already here. It is certainly not fair to Preki as it makes his job of devising and instituting tactics that can succeed all the harder.

scooter
02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
it may have something to do with january transfer window cause a lot of players would not even negotiate with us until european teams are done
dont be surprised if 2 or 3 players come from across the pond

FluSH
02-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe we should have gotten our lockers CFL retrofitted!!!

TFCRegina
02-03-2010, 05:21 PM
We should sign four academy players...our max allocation, 2 on developmental and 2 on Gen A...heck, we need somebody to play on the team.

TFC07
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Oh man, I was trying to stay positive but this thread (which you're right btw) totally killed it for me. If we get off a slow start, I hope Mo gets fired right away so he can't do anymore damage to our team.

CoachGT
02-03-2010, 05:26 PM
We are the most consistently understaffed franchise in MLS in the past three seasons Parkie.

At least part of that is, IMO, because of salary cap issues. TFC has been better toward its players than some other teams, using fewer players so they can be paid more. Having 25 guys on a roster that can only dress 18 for a game, especially when we haven't had to worry about other games (outside of the league, such as Champions League) seems a bit of a waste. There isn't the kind of depth available at the dollars that need to be spent to get it.

And personally, I wonder if the status of the CBA plays any kind of role in this.

S_D
02-03-2010, 05:33 PM

QFT

Mo's idea is you sacrifice depth to have higher quality players. Didn't work out. Will he change his ways? I'd be surprised. Not like he may look at the more succcessful franchises and see the depth they had. Mo's problem is he has spent too much money on crappy players. LAst season, peel off 150 off of the argie, and 100 off of Barrett, and you have 2 more players you can pay.

Last year, we didn't have a big enough roster to play 11v11 scrimmages for almost the entire season.

There is a reason why we had to play so many players out of position.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-03-2010, 05:37 PM
It basically boils down to this Oss....would Preki do better with or without all his players in training camp sooner rather than later?

To me the answer is quite obvious, the sooner he has all the players he will be working with, the better.

So Mo is already handcuffing Preki's performance right from the start because of his own incompetence. Heading into training camp, you should be able to count on one hand alone the amount of players left to sign. That is not the case is it currently stands. Benchplayers or not, we should not be in this situation having endured an entire season of it last year and which the problems that should have been addressed have been with us since Season TWO!

Aw crap...I am getting worked up again...I am signing off. Mo is going to give me an aneurism. 3 years of the same crap before the season begins. This guy doesn't know what he is doing, end of story.

cant say i disagree with you at all, and it is a bit unnerving that this is far from uncommon with regards to our team, i do to a certain extent think that alot of factors come into this (especially this year with the CBA etc) but it doesnt defend that you see a boatload of players coming into other teams and we've heard of but a few trialists

rocker
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
the roster numbers Bignewf lists are incorrect. those come from the MLSNET site I think but MLSNET hasn't updated it to reflect the latest moves. For example, I took a quick look and noticed that FC Dallas has 3 guys (I think) listed in the MLSNET roster who are either gone or on the way out. As well, Chivas has Harmse still on its roster. Huckerby is still listed as with San Jose. And that's just a quick glance...

So the numbers are not accurate at this point. I don't know at this point if TFC indeed has the smallest roster in MLS.

dantdot
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I got that from here:

KristianJack (http://twitter.com/KristianJack)
In case any1 is wondering who Stefan Frei is talking about as the 3rd goalie 'Adam' in TFC camp it is Canadian youngster Adam Street.

That's interesting. Wonder if he's going to be on loan or what, I thought he was a success in the West Ham system.

Hitcho
02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I used to be a pretty staunch Mo supporter. I turned from that position a while ago and since then everything just seems to keep pointing towards his exit sooner rather than later.

No doubt Mo would say "Looook, ah'm no the one who identifies the players tae bring in. Preki tells me who and I try tae get them, and if he disnae want anyone then I am no going tae just bring someone in for the hell o' it" or some other shit to make it all seem like someone else's fault.

Still, Preki knows what he's doing as head coach so we just have to hope/assume there's some kind of plan in place that we do not yet know about.

19 players at the start of pre-season. Holy shit.

Hitcho
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
So to recap:

- smallest roster in the league to a worrying degree at this point in time;

- Serioux, potentially our best defender, may have to retire through injury;

- of the two CBs we are trialling, one is a head case and the other is trying to stave off retirement through injury;

- De Ro is out for a month and Barrett has a broken foot (make that 17 players at camp then);

- the only players we have signed to date are two low order draft picks (who in fairness may come good, but not this season you would think) and a relative rookie that doesn't really seem to have a fixed position, which means that we still have gaping holes in the squad for the wide positions. And at CB if Serioux is gone. And up front unless either Gerba or White suddenly becomes a 20 goal a season player.

Woooo! Bring on the season!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

bgnewf
02-03-2010, 06:46 PM
the roster numbers Bignewf lists are incorrect. those come from the MLSNET site I think but MLSNET hasn't updated it to reflect the latest moves. For example, I took a quick look and noticed that FC Dallas has 3 guys (I think) listed in the MLSNET roster who are either gone or on the way out. As well, Chivas has Harmse still on its roster. Huckerby is still listed as with San Jose. And that's just a quick glance...

So the numbers are not accurate at this point. I don't know at this point if TFC indeed has the smallest roster in MLS.

Point taken Rocker. I did indeed get these numbers from MLS.net.

However I think they are still valid in general terms to prove my point. Here we are with a new coach and a new team philosophy that he can't fully start to implement as he has nowhere near a full squad.

As this "thin roster" management style, for want of another term, has apparently become the norm at TFC under Mo I wonder if it is down to dollars? We can all point to various busts that costs us a lot of precious salary cap dollars (Laurent Robert & Pablo Vitti come to mind) that perhaps tie Mo's hands when it comes to filling out the roster.

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I used to be a pretty staunch Mo supporter. I turned from that position a while ago and since then everything just seems to keep pointing towards his exit sooner rather than later.

No doubt Mo would say "Looook, ah'm no the one who identifies the players tae bring in. Preki tells me who and I try tae get them, and if he disnae want anyone then I am no going tae just bring someone in for the hell o' it" or some other shit to make it all seem like someone else's fault.

Still, Preki knows what he's doing as head coach so we just have to hope/assume there's some kind of plan in place that we do not yet know about.

19 players at the start of pre-season. Holy shit.

You're like my brother from another mother Hitch...

ArmenJBX
02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
The Armenian striker came down to the Armenian community center yesterday. I got to talk to him, but he's not keen on releasing info. He told us that things were going okay though.

Mark in Ottawa
02-03-2010, 07:33 PM
it may have something to do with january transfer window cause a lot of players would not even negotiate with us until european teams are done
dont be surprised if 2 or 3 players come from across the pond
A distinct possibility. Lets wait until the dusk settles so to speak.

Mark in Ottawa
02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I wonder if the status of the CBA plays any kind of role in this.
Now that is an interesting question.

Hitcho
02-03-2010, 09:16 PM
You're like my brother from another mother Hitch...

Haha - careful what you say about my mother Roogsy! :D:D:D

I should have added that we still have Garcia to my list of concerns above, but I'm trying to block it from my mind and pretend it's not happening. :facepalm:

Pachuco
02-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Man anyone feel like we have the same discussions over and over every offseason? This is a vicious cycle Mo has the team in. FFS an expansion team has a bigger roster then we do already.

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Man anyone feel like we have the same discussions over and over every offseason? This is a vicious cycle Mo has the team in. FFS an expansion team has a bigger roster then we do already.

Hermano...hablas la verdad! LA VERDAD!

icecoldbeer
02-04-2010, 12:00 AM
We are really at 18 (Garcia doesn't count as a player to me)

Damien
02-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm not worried... if we're not doin well at the midway point of this season then we all know Mo's so effin' fired! It'll be a breath of fresh air :)

James Oliphant
02-04-2010, 01:21 AM
This topic needs more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are really at 18 (Garcia doesn't count as a player to me)

That took two pages...must be some kind of record.

Wooster_TFC
02-04-2010, 08:29 AM
So to recap:

- smallest roster in the league to a worrying degree at this point in time;

- Serioux, potentially our best defender, may have to retire through injury;

- of the two CBs we are trialling, one is a head case and the other is trying to stave off retirement through injury;

- De Ro is out for a month and Barrett has a broken foot (make that 17 players at camp then);

- the only players we have signed to date are two low order draft picks (who in fairness may come good, but not this season you would think) and a relative rookie that doesn't really seem to have a fixed position, which means that we still have gaping holes in the squad for the wide positions. And at CB if Serioux is gone. And up front unless either Gerba or White suddenly becomes a 20 goal a season player.

Woooo! Bring on the season!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Don't forget Peterson's out 2 months or so :P

Wooster_TFC
02-04-2010, 08:31 AM
It's interesting that these are referred to as signed players though. There are 6 teams on that list over the official roster limits, and another 2-3 that are at the cap, or right near it.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned that so far. Personally if we are aiming to pick up a couple more players, I'd rather not have to cut someone else just to get someone in (which it looks like half the league is going to have to do, according to that list).

Hitcho
02-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Don't forget Peterson's out 2 months or so :P

Crap so that makes 16 signed players who are fit and able to take part in traiing camp. Or 15 if you discount Garcia s a player like the poster above mentioned!

At this rate theyy won't even be able to hold six a side games between the signed players soon!

I'm not that hopeful for this season. I think after this season we could very well see the back of Mo and players like Jimmy and Robbo (much as I love them) will have their salaries cleared off the cap. At that point, Preki would have some serious room to play with and a new GM to help him bring int he players he wants/needs. Plus the likes of OBW, Nana, Frei and Cronin will all have settled even more into the first team. I'm not writing off 2010, who knows what preki can do with this squad, but there are a lot of holes in the roster right now and some overpaid playeers on the cap that we don't seem to be able to get rid of. So how much can really change with that going on? Not to mention the CBA hold up on player trades. :(

Fort York Redcoat
02-04-2010, 09:33 AM
There better be some new faces in the squad by Charleston. I don't want to see DeRo, Barrett, and Peterson reinjured.

icecoldbeer
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
That took two pages...must be some kind of record.

Surprised me too!:D

Shway
02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
It's interesting that these are referred to as signed players though. There are 6 teams on that list over the official roster limits, and another 2-3 that are at the cap, or right near it.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned that so far. Personally if we are aiming to pick up a couple more players, I'd rather not have to cut someone else just to get someone in (which it looks like half the league is going to have to do, according to that list).

there has been talk of roster expansion in the new CBA
so who knows.... everything will unfold on February 12th, and i guess Preki does know something and is using Garcia for concrete information. I assume whens the CBA is ironned out, Garcia will get the thanks, heres the door........atleast what we all hope!

wzhxvy
02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I am staying within myself and trying not to be too negative too soon..wooooozahhh

Nuvinho
02-04-2010, 10:47 AM
So far 19 players under contract - $2,164,404 spent

*Includes on $400K for DeGuzman, and the 3 GA contracts not included (Frei, Herold, Ibby-assuming he is still GA).

TFC Tifoso
02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
At least part of that is, IMO, because of salary cap issues. TFC has been better toward its players than some other teams, using fewer players so they can be paid more. Having 25 guys on a roster that can only dress 18 for a game, especially when we haven't had to worry about other games (outside of the league, such as Champions League) seems a bit of a waste. There isn't the kind of depth available at the dollars that need to be spent to get it.

And personally, I wonder if the status of the CBA plays any kind of role in this.

A salary cap that Mo is supposed to manage, and has failed many times up to and including the present.

Keep in mind the number of internationals, key members of the team, who have missed dates due to WC qualifying (which should have been planned accordingly), as well as injuries (admittedly you can't plan when they happen, but should always be accounted for since they always happen).....

Don't think the CBA played too much of a part in all of this, in Mo's eyes anyways, since there are more than a couple of players on the team with long term, guaranteed contracts.....which also ties in to the salary cap issue....

all this means to me is that MoJo has done a piss poor job of managing the team.

deltox
02-04-2010, 11:13 AM
chad barrett is injured too.

i know its still offseason....but lets calm the fuck down here.

the next two months are a rebuilding thing.

none of these players are game ready....no one in the league is.

lets let them do their pre season thing.....at least for a few weeks before we start ripping anyone apart.

deltox
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
de ro is injured too.......

jloome
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
So far 19 players under contract - $2,164,404 spent

*Includes on $400K for DeGuzman, and the 3 GA contracts not included (Frei, Herold, Ibby-assuming he is still GA).

So without releases, there's room for one, maybe two signings.

Eek.

Someone's gotta go soon. I'm guessing Nick Garcia's $199,000 or so will disappear as soon as the CBA is signed. I think they have an option on Gerba as well, if he isn't fit by the end of camp.

Nuvinho
02-04-2010, 10:59 PM
So without releases, there's room for one, maybe two signings.

Eek.

Someone's gotta go soon. I'm guessing Nick Garcia's $199,000 or so will disappear as soon as the CBA is signed. I think they have an option on Gerba as well, if he isn't fit by the end of camp.

We don't know how much in allocation money we have left. That is always a hard thing to find out, most teams keep it secret.

TFCRegina
02-04-2010, 11:09 PM
You could get more if we signed four players to dev contracts...TFC Academy anyone?

jloome
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM
We don't know how much in allocation money we have left. That is always a hard thing to find out, most teams keep it secret.

Ya, true. So maybe two to four players, since it can only account for 50%, right?

Roogsy
02-05-2010, 12:28 PM
chad barrett is injured too.

i know its still offseason....but lets calm the fuck down here.

the next two months are a rebuilding thing.

none of these players are game ready....no one in the league is.

lets let them do their pre season thing.....at least for a few weeks before we start ripping anyone apart.

That's the room TFC has been given every season and every season they do the same thing and go into the first game unprepared.

Section 117
02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
That's the room TFC has been given every season and every season they do the same thing and go into the first game unprepared.

Not to bad mouth previous coaches: Mo, Carver or Cummins but from my understanding they were all fairly unorganized and it doesn't help that Mo would bring in players every week....

Give Preki a chance he is a very disciplined coach and adheres to a very strict 4-4-2 formation. I was speaking to people around the team and they all agreed that it is a night and say difference in coaching styles and you will see a difference especially by the opening kick off in Columbus

deltox
02-05-2010, 01:05 PM
fine.

Mo must go....lets get rid of our GM now..... then we can write this season off and go for it for 2011

Roogsy
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM
fine.

Mo must go....lets get rid of our GM now..... then we can write this season off and go for it for 2011

Just out of curiosity, when is a good time to let a GM go?

deltox
02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
at the end of the season....or when a season is considered "finished"

that way a new guy can have the whole offseason and draft to help build the team.

Roogsy
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM
So despite his incompetence, we gotta go through another full season of Mo screwing up TFC because MLSE brass didn't have the brains to do it at the end of last season? That's a tall price to pay.

Of course your argument serves to prove the point that Mo needs to go. If the off-season is meant to draft and build the team, why is it Mo seems to be unable to do 50% of that job? We know he drafts well, but he can't seem to build anything at all.

JonO
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Hey, there's nothing wrong with having a small... um... roster... I'm sure all the teams that brag about their roster size are just insecure...

deltox
02-05-2010, 02:10 PM
im willing to let them actually play 1 game before i make a judgement.

maybe thats me being crazy.......... but it seems normal to me.

SteeltownBhoy
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey, there's nothing wrong with having a small... um... roster... I'm sure all the teams that brag about their roster size are just insecure...

One of the plagues of the MLS has always been

ROSTER ENVY!!

bgnewf
02-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I am not sure if am willing to put in the effort to do it, and frankly I would not know where to start, but does anyone have a clue as to how we could reasonably accurately figure out where we are with allocation dollars? I feel the general consensus here is that we are truly screwed with dollars coming off the books, but it would be great to know how screwed we might be.

It almost seems like we are praying for a tidy rise in the salary cap in order to afford to sign enough players to fill out the roster. That is a pretty dangerous gamble considering that the rest of the league plays under the same cap as we do, and there may not be much of a cap jump to begin with. In fact we may even see rises in minimum salaries that may see us having to spend even more precious cap dollars on players we already have under contract.

deltox
02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
doom and gloom .....doom and gloom

Beach_Red
02-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I am not sure if am willing to put in the effort to do it, and frankly I would not know where to start, but does anyone have a clue as to how we could reasonably accurately figure out where we are with allocation dollars? I feel the general consensus here is that we are truly screwed with dollars coming off the books, but it would be great to know how screwed we might be.

It almost seems like we are praying for a tidy rise in the salary cap in order to afford to sign enough players to fill out the roster. That is a pretty dangerous gamble considering that the rest of the league plays under the same cap as we do, and there may not be much of a cap jump to begin with. In fact we may even see rises in minimum salaries that may see us having to spend even more precious cap dollars on players we already have under contract.

Yes, it is. And I love dangerous gambles. Go big or go home.

Of course it's easy for me to say, it's not my money. But that's one of the reasons I like sports - you can get really involved in something that ultimately doesn't matter.

ua-kozak_TFC
02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
In MO we trust!
speak for your self...

Oldtimer
02-06-2010, 09:48 PM

GOL TV said that TFC has $600K in allocation left, and they should know (being owned by MLSE), so I'd say that's the number.

Beach_Red
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
speak for your self...

I think you must know everytime that is used on this board it's meant sarcastically.