PDA

View Full Version : Fuad Ibrahim

[NBF]
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I take it that Fuad will most likely be a backup for Patterson since TFC traded for him, but what role will Fuad have with the team other than subbing for Patterson?
:canada:

UltraSuperMegaMo
02-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Subbing for the other strikers, playing wide left.

werewolf
02-03-2010, 02:40 PM
at least now we can play Fuad without any hesitations.

T.Reis
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I think Fuad plays a lot more this year.

I was shocked to see what little time he got last season but then I read that it may have been due to a clause in the deal that brought him over here that if he saw a certain amount of game time we would owe Dallas something else.

If that's out of the way there is no reason Faud shouldn't get more playing time.

jloome
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
From what I've seen -- and I could be horribly wrong here -- he's likely not developing at the rate they want, to play this year anyway. We hardly saw him last year, but his timidity and his size (very narrow frame) would both be concerns.

But that's probably more his age and physical maturity. He's only, what, 19? If he's going to make it, might take another couple of seasons.

jenkinsm
02-03-2010, 03:15 PM
From what I've seen -- and I could be horribly wrong here -- he's likely not developing at the rate they want, to play this year anyway. We hardly saw him last year, but his timidity and his size (very narrow frame) would both be concerns.

But that's probably more his age and physical maturity. He's only, what, 19? If he's going to make it, might take another couple of seasons.

It's also likely due to his limited game experience. You can only go so far with practice and scrimmaging.

VPjr
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM

I think it is more accurate to say that he wasn't developing quickly enough to justify giving him enough playing time to warrant having to cede another 1st round draft pick to FCD.

Now that there is no risk of losing yet another draft pick, I expect Faud will be given lots of opportunities to win or lose his place on this team. I fully expect he will play far more this year so they can detemine if this guy is the real deal or if he is a bust.