PDA

View Full Version : Serioux gone according to the star

GhostKiller
02-03-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/article/759983--injured-players-sit-out-toronto-fc-fitness-testing

"One of the familiar faces from 2009 who will not make the journey is defender Adrian Serioux. TFC did not renew the contract of the 30-year-old Canadian international from Scarborough who started in 25 games last season."

Parkdale
02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Baaaaa What???????

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
not surprised...at all!

his health has gone to shite...

FluSH
02-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Dissapointed to say the least... I wish I could have seen what he could do while not suffering through pain.

Warrior for sure...

GhostKiller
02-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Would have been nice to hear it from the club. If this is true its a twat move. Can we get our 4th pick back please.

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
One of the few warriors we had is now gone. That is really disappointing.

I know his health is a major concern, but sometimes you take a chance on someone who gave his all and was an example of how to fight game in game out.

This really does upset me.

Phil
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Would have been nice to hear it from the club. If this is true its a twat move. Can we get our 4th pick back please.

The only thing is, he is a free agent so I guess they feel they don't need to issue a statement.

I hope TFC does pick him up, you never know, maybe the whole CBA thing is holding up making signings like this until they know how much they can risk?

tfcmanu
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
"One of the familiar faces from 2009 who will not make the journey is defender Adrian Serioux. TFC did not renew the contract of the 30-year-old Canadian international from Scarborough who started in 25 games last season."

Remember the trade: Toronto FC acquired defender Adrian Serioux from FC Dallas in February 2009 in exchange for Toronto’s natural first round 2010 MLS SuperDraft pick and allocation money....Okay was he a rent a player too bad I really liked the way he played the game.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/article/759983--injured-players-sit-out-toronto-fc-fitness-testing

http://canadiansoccerblog.ca/2010/01/28/its-called-football-january-27-2010/

UltraFootyKWC
02-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Dissapointed to say the least... I wish I could have seen what he could do while not suffering through pain.

Warrior for sure...

I agree, true warrior for sure. Battled through the pain of several different injuries last season.

That being said, it doesn't suprise me that they didn't renew his contract after hearing that his neck is still giving him problems.

Fort York Redcoat
02-03-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm glad he got here at all. I'm glad I saw him for both Toronto and Canada.

TFC07
02-03-2010, 02:14 PM
His injuries must be that serious huh.

denime
02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Merged

Lucky Strike
02-03-2010, 02:26 PM
Very disappointing but I don't "feel crummy" because we knew this could very well be the result if the injury was severe enough.

Shway
02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
one of the few TFC players that literally went to WARRR for this team

T.Reis
02-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I dunno, I'm not taking this as proof that he's not on the team anymore. I would have rather him said that someone had confirmed that he wasn't coming back. For all we know this guy might have just noticed that Serioux wasn't there, knew that he hadn't been re-signed yet, and put two and two together.

If It's Serioux choice not to come back cuz of injury or whatever then fine, but i don't see TFC not wanting this guy back for a number of reasons, even if he did dissapoint a few last season.

Thinking the hold up might be related to TFC and/or Adrian wanting to see what the new league/union agreement will look like.

bgnewf
02-03-2010, 02:36 PM
If someone's contract deserves not to be renewed it should be Michelle Lissel's and not Serioux's. She is incompetent in her role IMHO but she seems protected from any criticism from upon high. Where is the press release Michelle????

The only reason Serioux should not be renewed would be some sort of, god forbid, career ending injury.

But again, who knows at this point. We have no freaking press release.

And as an aside. If this is true then we are opening camp with 19 bodies officially on the roster.

billyfly
02-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Hmmm...interesting development. Not unforeseen but I didn't expect it either. I thought they'd sign him after all was said and done.

Darlofletch
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
well that really really sucks. probably my favourite tfc player so far.
booooooo!

TFC07
02-03-2010, 02:49 PM
If someone's contract deserves not to be renewed it should be Michelle Lissel's and not Serioux's. She is incompetent in her role IMHO but she seems protected from any criticism from upon high. Where is the press release Michelle????

The only reason Serioux should not be renewed would be some sort of, god forbid, career ending injury.

But again, who knows at this point. We have no freaking press release.

And as an aside. If this is true then we are opening camp with 19 bodies officially on the roster.

Agreed.

TFC FO is very slow releasing news. Something needs to be done on this. Very amateur of them.

Lucky Strike
02-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Also agreed.

reggie
02-03-2010, 02:56 PM
welcome to the secret world of tfc...i love this team,but to get any news out of this club is crazy..

Super Cereal
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM

I know his health is a major concern, but sometimes you take a chance on someone who gave his all and was an example of how to fight game in game out.

My thoughts as well.

Really a shame.

DurhamAthletic1
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Is rory delap available maybe? lol

rocker
02-03-2010, 03:23 PM
I actually think it's wrong to say "we will not be signing Serioux" or "we will be releasing Serioux." The Impact do this all the time in their press releases and I find it a big insult to the players in question. It's like saying outloud "This guy sucks, hey everybody, we're dumping him, buh-bye!"

I think it's a journalist's job to investigate and report, not the team's to make a big deal out of it. Plus, we don't know if Serioux could be back at some point. If it's a "wait and see if he recovers" situation you wouldn't send out a press release about it.

johnmolinaro
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM
a very reliable source told me today that Serioux is is facing a potentially career-ending neck injury.

I'm not sure if he suffered the injury before or after TFC's decision to not sign him to a new deal, though.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/02/03/sp-tfc-preki.html

John

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
a very reliable source told me today that Serioux is is facing a potentially career-ending neck injury.

I'm not sure if he suffered the injury before or after TFC's decision to not sign him to a new deal, though.

John

this neck injury is no secret....there was a time lsat season where he was close to retiring during the season...

Oblio2
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM

John

Wow.
That sucks for him.
Even with a broken neck (ish)-He'd be a warrior for us!

johnmolinaro
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
this neck injury is no secret....there was a time lsat season where he was close to retiring during the season...

this is a new neck injury, from what I've been led to believe.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
this is a new neck injury, from what I've been led to believe.

hmmmmm....

hopefully you can dig some more info up on this...

thanks John

TFCRegina
02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
CBC.ca said he had a career ending neck injury. I don't blame the guy if he is done over that...

I see Johnny M beat me to that...

Hustle
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I will miss him. This is really bad news.

Hitcho
02-03-2010, 06:05 PM

First of all, I am gutted about this and if true, I wish Adrian all the very best and a speedy and full recovery if he can make one. Stellar player for us in a lot of different ways.

Roogs - ordinarily I'd agree with you, but this is MLS and can we really afford to be carrying that much dead weight on the cap when we struggle to get a decent squad out anyway within the boundaries? Sadly it's one of the harsh realities of our salary cap system.

ag futbol
02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
^ But what's the alternative really? Due to roster restrictions it will have to most likely be Canadian and cheap. Not a very long list. But if he does make a recovery we can pick him up, sad way to treat the guy though.

From an on-field POV, I'm a little sad but i could see why the coaching staff might make the move. TFC not putting out a press release is shameful stuff though.

Hitcho
02-03-2010, 06:21 PM
ag - completely agree with you. I don't think it's sensible, fair or right, but the reality is the staff have to look at it and weigh up his chances of being able to contribute vs the cap space it will chew up.

Agree re the press release, or at least a clarification for the fans, but after Dichio-gate (Danny fucking Dichio for christ's sake) are we really surprised? Someone in the TFC FO is a real c*nt (that's not implying anyone in particular, I'm just saying that it seems to be the case).

Pookie
02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Class guy.

I wrote in the newsletter about the way he interacted with my son and 2 other players from the team I coach at the Scarborough Pub Crawl. They were wide-eyed looking back at him as he talked about working hard all the time and never quiting, regardless of what people will tell you.

I loved the way he played the game enough to put a #15 on the back of my TFC Jersey. I wear it with pride knowing the impact he had on the boys.

Class act and I'll miss seeing him play.

ag futbol
02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
ag - completely agree with you. I don't think it's sensible, fair or right, but the reality is the staff have to look at it and weigh up his chances of being able to contribute vs the cap space it will chew up.

Agree re the press release, or at least a clarification for the fans, but after Dichio-gate (Danny fucking Dichio for christ's sake) are we really surprised? Someone in the TFC FO is a real c*nt (that's not implying anyone in particular, I'm just saying that it seems to be the case).
Yeah i agree 100%. As much as it would be the "right thing to do" from a moralistic POV you can't have dead cap space in MLS for a guy who may or may not be available.

Just a crappy situation overall.

Mark in Ottawa
02-03-2010, 07:36 PM
The club has made no statement have they?
There may be insurance implications involved in all of this.

Redcoe15
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
If it's a serious neck injury, I can see why. Nevertheless, this bites large! Serioux wore the badge with pride and layed it out on the line each and every game. He'll be leaving a huge hole in the lineup. :sad:

jazzy
02-03-2010, 08:01 PM

+1 Absolutely.....BIG BALLS, when the chips were down he kept punishing, and his interviews were always intelligent, and soft spoken. If he is hurting so bad he can't play then MLS are shitheads, if they think we don't need toughness at the defence they are stupid......We stiil have Garcia right?
Does this mean Said is staying?

TFCRegina
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
If he's hurt, and it'll be a career ending one, we should probably try to bring him in to coach...maybe he can help inspire a new generation of David Beckham hunters!

Derko
02-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Too bad, but if it is the neck injury, I don't blame either party.
Let's wait and see.

Pachuco
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Terrible news. Garcia is still on the team and Serioux is gone. Wow, I don't know what to say. We'd be lucky to get another player with Serioux's qualities on this team.

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-03-2010, 10:46 PM

WHOA...

That... sucks. :facepalm:

Roogsy
02-03-2010, 10:51 PM
According to 24thminute twitter:

De vos sent me a message regarding serioux. Broke elbow walking his dog.

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-03-2010, 10:57 PM
According to 24thminute twitter:
.................................................. ...................................

A thousand facepalm smilies simply would not adequately express the sheer facepalmery of that news.

ag futbol
02-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Tell me this isn't true, and as if all that wasn't enough .. .

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/02/03/12730311-qmi.html

This does not look good.

Dozitwin
02-03-2010, 11:16 PM
He's still listed on the roster on the site. It's been updated with our new players so.....who knows for sure.

MartinUtd
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Looks like his dog is the bigger warrior

In all seriousness it's too bad he's (allegedly) leaving. If they end up signing Andrade it would be too risky to have two injury prone CB's on the roster so I can see how the decision was made.

Cashcleaner
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Shitty news. We lose a guy with the heart of gold while Barrett still remains...

sully
02-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Terrible news! In a team that lacked heart and committment last season, he stood out as one player who did try to give everything he had...

TFC Tifoso
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM

This does not look good.

And if the info from this article is true, then Serioux's apparent injury is not that bad/non-existant....

sounds to me like promises were broken and our vets are being treated like shit (what else is new?), and that's creating a pretty bad environment within the team

but I guess we can blame the captain for that, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hitcho
02-04-2010, 09:10 AM

This does not look good.

There's nothing actually new in this article - nothing at all. It's basically just Wanker Wheeler stirring up shit and looking to take another jab at TFC.

I can't wait for us to win the MLS Cup and have the city all cheering for the team, just to see what wankers like Wheeler do. Will theys till throw shit at TFC and the sport of soccer or will they jump on the bandwagon to get some column inches? Actually - who cares! :D

Hitcho
02-04-2010, 09:11 AM
And if the info from this article is true, then Serioux's apparent injury is not that bad/non-existant....

sounds to me like promises were broken and our vets are being treated like shit (what else is new?), and that's creating a pretty bad environment within the team

but I guess we can blame the captain for that, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wouldn't put too much stock in what that tosser writes when it comes to TFC...

TFC Tifoso
02-04-2010, 09:12 AM
There's nothing actually new in this article - nothing at all. It's basically just Wanker Wheeler stirring up shit and looking to take another jab at TFC.

I can't wait for us to win the MLS Cup and have the city all cheering for the team, just to see what wankers like Wheeler do. Will theys till throw shit at TFC and the sport of soccer or will they jump on the bandwagon to get some column inches? Actually - who cares! :D

why is Wheeler a wanker? to me he's the only one (or one of the VERY few) to actually challenge Mo and what he does.

ManUtd4ever
02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Very disappointing news. Serioux was probably our best all around defender. I wish him the best in his next career path...

bgnewf
02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
...As much as it would be the "right thing to do" from a moralistic POV you can't have dead cap space in MLS for a guy who may or may not be available....Just a crappy situation overall.

We already have a ton of dead cap space.

I would submit that the extremely poor way Mo has managed our salary cap from day one is perhaps the primary reason for a move like this. If you take Wheeler's comments at face value that Serioux is gone as a money move, and that his injury is not the reason for cutting him, then you have to ask where the money has all gone???

All of Mo's wheeling and dealing in and out over the last three years has seen us almost consistently overpay for players based on what we receive in return. He dealt and dealt for allocation dollars (which do expire by the way) that artificially allow us to go over the theoretical salary cap. But once those dollars come off the books and you are locked into higher than needed contracts you are left with the tough choices like cutting a serviceable Canadian defender who at the very least provides us depth and cover. And you are forced to run your club's depth chart very thin as you do not have enough dollars left to pay additional players.

In my humble opinion if there is anything that Mo Johnston has done wrong since he got here that has ben a bigger failure than his management of the cap I would like to hear it.

trane
02-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Nick Garcia stays, Serioux is gone. That in itself is not great news. But lets see what happens here on in.

rocker
02-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Serioux has a broken elbow according to De Vos, by way of Rollins.

De vos sent me a message regarding serioux. Broke elbow walking his dog. about 17 hours ago (http://twitter.com/24thminute/status/8606932251) from txt (http://twitter.com/devices)

They shouldn't sign Serioux now. Sorry.

rocker
02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
why is Wheeler a wanker? to me he's the only one (or one of the VERY few) to actually challenge Mo and what he does.

Wheeler doesn't get his facts straight.

The ends (Mo Jo criticism) don't justify the means (screwing up facts).

If he got his facts straight he'd have a much more compelling argument. But I can't trust Wheeler when screws up the simple facts.

And news flash: when athletes don't want to talk to a journalist, often it's because they don't like the journalist. It's not necessarily a sign of something else. But Wheeler assumes if players don't talk to him it's because of something else, not him.

Beach_Red
02-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Nick Garcia stays, Serioux is gone. That in itself is not great news. But lets see what happens here on in.

Yes, it'll be interesting to see if another MLS team picks up Serioux and at what price.

scooter
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
this would be bad news if it was news
too much speculation here for my liking
maybe front office has not said anything cause both adrian and tfc have not made a decision yet
adrian may be waiting for tests who knows
i do agree he is a warrior---soft spoken gentle man but a fiend on the pitch

bgnewf
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
...And news flash: when athletes don't want to talk to a journalist, often it's because they don't like the journalist. It's not necessarily a sign of something else. But Wheeler assumes if players don't talk to him it's because of something else, not him...

DeRo and Robinson did not just not talk to Wheeler...... They talked to nobody on media day, the one day of the season when they are generally obligated to make themselves available to the press. DeRo has been on Wheeler's show before for example. Wheeler asked him some tough questions and DeRo answered them.

So to use your argument DeRo and Robinson have suddenly gained a total hate for the entire Toronto media? Remember they did not say a word to a single soul yesterday. I don't buy that there are no problems with these two guys. Up to this point they have been relatively accommodating to just about every journalist who covers the team in Toronto.

TFC Tifoso
02-04-2010, 11:48 AM
DeRo and Robinson did not just not talk to Wheeler...... They talked to nobody on media day, the one day of the season when they are generally obligated to make themselves available to the press. DeRo has ben on Wheeler's show before for example. Wheeler asked him some tough questions and DeRo answered them.

So to use your argument DeRo and Robinson have suddenly gained a total hate for the entire Toronto media? Remember they did not say a word to a single soul yesterday. I don't buy that there are no problems with these two guys. Up to this point they have been relatively accommodating to just about every journalist who covers the team in Toronto.

People just have a hate on for Wheeler since the "Columbus article" last year......hey I don't agree with every he says all the time either, but a lot of what he says makes sense to me.

Pachuco
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I find this quote from Preki really interesting:

“We’re not going to fix the team in one day or two days, it’s a process that will take us some time to get the team we want here,” Preki said.

Interesting. So basically Preki is saying this team needs some fixing and it will take some time to get the team we want here. I appreciate what he's saying, but the last thing i want to hear mid-season is that we are rebuilding because we have a new coach. Mo's been here from the beginning, if this team needs a major overhaul then there is only one person to blame.

jloome
02-04-2010, 02:09 PM

“We’re not going to fix the team in one day or two days, it’s a process that will take us some time to get the team we want here,” Preki said.

Interesting. So basically Preki is saying this team needs some fixing and it will take some time to get the team we want here. I appreciate what he's saying, but the last thing i want to hear mid-season is that we are rebuilding because we have a new coach. Mo's been here from the beginning, if this team needs a major overhaul then there is only one person to blame.

He didn't say don't blame Mo, did he? Guy's just being honest. It won't be fixed overnight. If we don't make playoffs this year but just miss again, I'll have hard time blaming Preki for it.

Beach_Red
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
He didn't say don't blame Mo, did he? Guy's just being honest. It won't be fixed overnight. If we don't make playoffs this year but just miss again, I'll have hard time blaming Preki for it.

How will you feel is we miss the playoffs again because of giving up late goals and complete breakdowns in our end?

No, this year there are no excuses. Preki took the job knowing what the team was and knowing that we need to make the playoffs.

Roogsy
02-04-2010, 02:32 PM

Exactly.

Essentially it needs fixing because it was broke. And why was it broke? Because the guy who was put in charge of building in the first place (from scratch) took 3 years to build something that wound up not working at all. And for that he is rewarded with a contract extension. Marvellous. Such is the way MLSE works. :facepalm:

ag futbol
02-04-2010, 03:15 PM
this would be bad news if it was news
too much speculation here for my liking
maybe front office has not said anything cause both adrian and tfc have not made a decision yet
pitch
But it's not speculation at this pont ... it's been confirmed by the club directly by the MSM, they just aren't issuing a press release.

Hitcho
02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Is an elbow break bad? I mean career ending bad? How do you even do that? Sounds fucking horrible!

I hope he gets fit and re-signs with us. Aside from being a warrior and a good player, he's Canadian and a good utility player (VERY valuable in MLS), plus he's a good leader.

TFC Tifoso
02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Wheeler doesn't get his facts straight.

The ends (Mo Jo criticism) don't justify the means (screwing up facts).

If he got his facts straight he'd have a much more compelling argument. But I can't trust Wheeler when screws up the simple facts.

And news flash: when athletes don't want to talk to a journalist, often it's because they don't like the journalist. It's not necessarily a sign of something else. But Wheeler assumes if players don't talk to him it's because of something else, not him.

Which facts did he screw up?

And also, DeRo and Robbo were not talking to ANYBODY yesterday.....not just Wheeler...

bgnewf
02-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Which facts did he screw up?...And also, DeRo and Robbo were not talking to ANYBODY yesterday.....not just Wheeler...

Okay. I can understand who a lot of us feel about Wheeler the "journalist". However did anybody read or hear a word from Dwayne DeRosario or Carl Robinson yesterday?

I heard squat and read squat from two of our key players on media day when the ENTIRE team is supposed to be there for the media and the fans. Peterson and Barrett (both injured by the way) were there and talking. DeRo wasn't. So I call shenanigans on the injury excuse. Brennan was talking to everybody in sight as a team leader and original TFC player. As a fellow first year player and team leader, Carl Robinson was nowhere to be seen.

There can be no other reason other than they are pissed off. DeRo has already stated publicly I might add he felt that his deal would be renegotiated at some point and that certain promises were made to him by I guess Mo when he got here. A number of reports have come out that Robbo is being shopped around the league after he took a pay cut last year to stay.

As far as Serioux goes the jury for me is still out. Until we definitely know for sure what the extent of his injuries are we won't know for sure what went down. And I stand by my earlier point that I think it is a pretty classless move when Pablo Vitti gets a press release when he is shown the door and Adrian Serioux gets squat. So I call shenanigans on that too.

I agree that a lot of what Wheeler has reported can be debated and disagreed with. But he is far and away not the only scribe out there that is talking about the problems and dysfunction there is still apparently existing with Toronto FC.

Keegan
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
So it isn't a career ending injury and they are letting him walk....

I guess thats what happens when you over pay for europeans and don't have enough to pay your best domestic players... sad

jloome
02-04-2010, 08:18 PM
How will you feel is we miss the playoffs again because of giving up late goals and complete breakdowns in our end?

No, this year there are no excuses. Preki took the job knowing what the team was and knowing that we need to make the playoffs.

I disagree. I think there'll be no excuses for Mo. But you don't can a seasoned coach with a winning track record on his first year unless he's the reason you're failing.

I don't think that's the case. If it were just Cummins at fault, the 'fire mo" brigade would've been gone a long time ago. But it wasn't just an issue of coaching, so he can't fix it alone.

And if it doesn't get fixed, I'm a hell of a lot more inclined to blame Johnston than Preki, that's all.

Dirk Diggler
02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Wow ... I'm getting depressed reading this thread. It seems as if we are heading into this season in an even WORSE shape than any of the past 3 years ... didn't think that was even possible.

wzhxvy
02-04-2010, 09:08 PM
He broke his elbow walking his dog...uhuh...I am sorry but this is stupid. Why the f is Garcia still on the team, and there are doubts about Serioux returning...and the genius Mo gave a FIRST ROUND PICK FOR HIM....and gave Marshall away for free.

So Marshall + First Round Pick = Nothing.

Serioux was not the be all and end all but he is another back we will need to replace....we are short staffed and obviously short of ideas...PATHETIC

Batman
02-04-2010, 09:42 PM
A whole four days into training camp and it sounds like Mo's ongoing soap opera continues.

ginkster88
02-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Meanwhile... (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/335865-still-on-the-defensive-philadelphia-union-signs-michael-orozco)

TFC Tifoso
02-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Okay. I can understand who a lot of us feel about Wheeler the "journalist". However did anybody read or hear a word from Dwayne DeRosario or Carl Robinson yesterday?

I heard squat and read squat from two of our key players on media day when the ENTIRE team is supposed to be there for the media and the fans. Peterson and Barrett (both injured by the way) were there and talking. DeRo wasn't. So I call shenanigans on the injury excuse. Brennan was talking to everybody in sight as a team leader and original TFC player. As a fellow first year player and team leader, Carl Robinson was nowhere to be seen.

There can be no other reason other than they are pissed off. DeRo has already stated publicly I might add he felt that his deal would be renegotiated at some point and that certain promises were made to him by I guess Mo when he got here. A number of reports have come out that Robbo is being shopped around the league after he took a pay cut last year to stay.

As far as Serioux goes the jury for me is still out. Until we definitely know for sure what the extent of his injuries are we won't know for sure what went down. And I stand by my earlier point that I think it is a pretty classless move when Pablo Vitti gets a press release when he is shown the door and Adrian Serioux gets squat. So I call shenanigans on that too.

I agree that a lot of what Wheeler has reported can be debated and disagreed with. But he is far and away not the only scribe out there that is talking about the problems and dysfunction there is still apparently existing with Toronto FC.

Can't disagree with anything here newf.......our FO as a whole has shown many times how incompetent they are.

As far as Wheeler goes, I'll say that I enjoy the stuff he writes.....might not always agree with it, but he takes an angle that very few writers of the team take. Prior to "the article" last year, his opinions were well recieved, as far as I remember.....yeah, he wrote one ONE reeeeal shitty one, so now he's satan's spawn....I give him a mulligan for "the article". Mo on the other hand.......his tenure here has been one big mulligan. I can't wait for the day he is no longer with this team.

Pachuco
02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Exactly.

Essentially it needs fixing because it was broke. And why was it broke? Because the guy who was put in charge of building in the first place (from scratch) took 3 years to build something that wound up not working at all. And for that he is rewarded with a contract extension. Marvellous. Such is the way MLSE works. :facepalm:

That's exactly what I was trying to say. I'm my mind Preki is saying the exact same thing you just said. But he's saying it publicly and about his own boss:). If the coach admits the team is broke, when will MLSE do something about it?

Beach_Red
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I disagree. I think there'll be no excuses for Mo. But you don't can a seasoned coach with a winning track record on his first year unless he's the reason you're failing.

I don't think that's the case. If it were just Cummins at fault, the 'fire mo" brigade would've been gone a long time ago. But it wasn't just an issue of coaching, so he can't fix it alone.

And if it doesn't get fixed, I'm a hell of a lot more inclined to blame Johnston than Preki, that's all.

Well, I have zero faith in MLSE to have any idea what the reason is the team is failing. They'll evaluate each move independently - as is their corporate way - and come to a conclusion.

Let's just hope the team makes the playoffs.

Jeffro
02-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I've been told that Serioux was offered a new contract, but turned it down.

Derko
02-05-2010, 09:31 PM
So it isn't a career ending injury and they are letting him walk....

I guess thats what happens when you over pay for europeans and don't have enough to pay your best domestic players... sad

I thought DeRo and DeGuzman were TFC's best domestic players!! Yes Serioux was a beast and played very well for about half the season, and then injuries hit and he was being used very sparingly, that tells me that the injuries are more serious than have been reported.

felipe
02-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Not really much of a loss...he really wasn't very good...assuming the team is better, he wouldn't have gotten off the bench anyway

FootieChick
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
I spoke with Serioux at the 90th minute party and asked him why he had missed so many games. He said he slipped a disk in his back. I asked him what he was doing to treat it, he said nothing. He kept playing because he loved the game and for the fans. - good answer, right? - Anyway, he said he was in a lot of pain and he had 'hoped' it would be better for the following season but he was going through therapy. I guess it didn't work :( I'm gonna miss him on the field!

Ossington Mental Youth
02-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I've been told that Serioux was offered a new contract, but turned it down.

interesting, do you know why?
Thanks for the info, keep it coming (youve been a valuable source before)

TFC FORZA RPB
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
He is still listed on the roster, they updated it to add Jacob Peterson as well as Zac Harold though

Corpand
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I've been gone for a while but came back just to say that Serioux was offered new yet substantially low contract wages in his new contract. He didn't budge.
And just you wait till you hear what Carl has to decide at the moment. Ridiculous.

Pigfynn
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
^^ Please don't make us wait

Nuvinho
02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Probably Serioux got offered somewhere in the 75K to 85K range.

I bet Carl also got a reduced contract offer, or a trade offer to the red bulls?

Corpand
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Remember these players need to support their families. The bargaining that is going on right now is honestly just fucking absurd. Serioux is not gone yet. Robbo isn't going anywhere. Him going to NYRB was pre-draft nonsense. He is seriously being backed into a corner though, and its not by Mo.

Ossington Mental Youth
02-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I love Robbo but to be frank hes at the end of his career and most likely wont be a starting player this season, i cant say that i mind that hes being offered a lower contract...

ag futbol
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Remember these players need to support their families. The bargaining that is going on right now is honestly just fucking absurd. Serioux is not gone yet. Robbo isn't going anywhere. Him going to NYRB was pre-draft nonsense. He is seriously being backed into a corner though, and its not by Mo.
So you're saying Preki doesn't rate the guy?

Realistically what leverage does TFC have on Carl if his contract is guaranteed. They can tell him he's not going to play, but is that enough for him to budge?

ManUtd4ever
02-08-2010, 03:08 PM
It seems like there are a few bruised egos at training camp this year...

v00d00daddy
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM

Remember...Robbo's made a million dollars in the last 3 years. Should be enough to support his family.

Hitcho
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
^ half of which probably went to tax. And he only has one more year of playing salary left, so you can see why he would be reluctant to whittle it down.

Corpand - I'm waiting. What does Robbo have to decide? :D

Mark in Ottawa
02-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Preki needs to improve the team one position... ONE.
That would mean playoffs and anything less would be seen as a massive failure by the majority of the fan base.

Hitcho
02-08-2010, 08:26 PM
^ That's a bit simplistic Mark. It's fine to have a mean defence, but a series of 0-0 draws and the odd 1-0 loss won;t win you many points, and we've seen ebfore that when the team goes for long stretches without scoring, the confidence gets sapped.

I think Preki has a lot of work to do. we need to reshape the sqaud at full back, CB, wide midfield and up front. That's gonna take time. I'm hoping for him to turn us into a decent side by the start of the 2011 season (a lot of cap space will free up around the end of this season) and contenders by 2013. That would be reasonable in the circumstances!

H Bomb
02-08-2010, 08:39 PM
^^ I see this year as a one year at a time league. Sure it'd be nice to maintain but any good enough young players will leave.

I'd love consistency but its rare, especially when the cup is the only thing that is suppose to matter

Beach_Red
02-08-2010, 09:11 PM
It seems like there are a few bruised egos at training camp this year...

Well, given how many guys were so certain they'd make the playoffs last year, there should be some bruised egos.

The question is, what are they going to do about it?

BakaGaijin
02-08-2010, 09:17 PM

Then maybe they should go back to school or learn a trade. That's what the rest of do when our jobs have been made redundant and we need to find a new career.

Cry me a fucking river. You could have at least used one of the jobbers who make $20 000 as an example instead of an overpaid player like Robinson.

bignickel
02-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Then maybe they should go back to school or learn a trade. That's what the rest of do when our jobs have been made redundant and we need to find a new career.

Cry me a fucking river. You could have at least used one of the jobbers who make $20 000 as an example instead of an overpaid player like Robinson.

beautiful post!

ag futbol
02-08-2010, 10:27 PM

I can completely understand your gripe about Robinson being overpaid ( I think he is too) but i bet you all over MLS right now the same sort of scenarios are taking place.

From a team perspective, I understand why it's being done. But on a CBA level these kind of situations need to be eliminated because it really creates a ton of dirt against players coming to MLS and signing here.

anto7
02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, according to the article in the Globe and Mail in today's news section, Serioux was released last week !

denime
02-09-2010, 08:15 AM
^
That just mean James has no clue how MLS works.He wasn't released he is a free agent starting Feb.1st.