PDA

View Full Version : All Philidelphia Union Games in HD

SteeltownBhoy
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Just the sign of an organization who continues to get it right. All games in HD. Can someone tell me how many TFC games where broadcast in HD last year??

I believe all our major broadcasters have HD channels!!!

Hitcho
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Source?

CBC have tried to get some games in HD, but (especially at away games) they say it;s too difficult and expensive to get the equipment down there. I think people on here who know a bit more about this stuff than I do have backed that up, but not sure. But I am pretty sure that you cannot broadcast in HD unless you have HD equipment at the game.

Are you sure it's not just all home games that will be in HD for PU?

JonO
01-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah -a re they going to be sending their own tv crew to away games? unless there's an overall commitment to HD this year...

JonO
01-29-2010, 03:53 PM
http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/Content1.aspx?cid=2.1

With the Major League Soccer schedule soon to be released, the commitment is for as many Philadelphia Union games as possible to be carried live on 6abc, and all games will re-broadcast on 6abc’s digital channel – 6.2 (also known as the Live Well HD Network).
So:
1) As many games as possible will be broadcast live
2) No mention of how many will be in HD, only that it will be on the digital channel..

daner90
01-29-2010, 03:55 PM
jeez the Philadelphia Flyers games arent even in HD but they are broadcast on Comcast not ABC

Cowboy905
02-01-2010, 12:38 PM
this is pure crap packed in nice wording. Live Well HD? .

Live Well is AVAILABLE in 25% of America's households....how many of them subscribe to that? and then on top of that, how many of them Subsribe to the HD feed assuming Comcast charges extra for Cable HD channels.

this is equivalent to TFC games being aired on Fox Sportsworld Canada...hardly any subscribers...except its not HD.

while it is nice to see games in HD, i'd rather have the games available in more households.

JonO
02-01-2010, 01:20 PM
^^ You're missing the point. Nowhere do they say all games will be broadcast in HD. Good for them if they do, but there's nothing to support that.

Hitcho
02-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd settle for all our away games to be on pitches that do not have gridiron crap marked all over them. That bothers me a lot mroe when watching TFC away games than seeing the game in HD. HD would be super sweet, but realistically this league has got a hell of a long way to go and grow before it gets enough viewers to justify broadcasting all games in HD.

I think they showed some TFC home games in HD last season, no? That would look pretty sweet with the new grass down. Although not as good as being there! :D

ForestGlade
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
CBC showed games in "HD", not HD. It was just widescreened onto the HD channels.

Anyone who flipped between the TFC match in Seattle between NBC West and CBC HD knows what I'm talking about

I've given up all hope with Sportsnet. Unless it's the Jays or NHL or the Memorial Cup, they don't give a crap

Here's hoping GolTV makes use out of their free time with HD in the summer and puts them on LeafsTV

Detroit_TFC
02-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Warning: I am going to suck Philly's knob here, and I don't care what people think about it. ;)

PUFC's deal is with the top rated local channel in the Philadelphia market, it's about the best deal that any MLS team has made for local broadcasts.

They just sold the stadium name rights to a major local utility company for $20mil/ten year deal, with significant ad tie-ins planned, according to Sports Business Journal.

They've pulled together one of the strongest expansion squads in league history, maybe stronger than Seattle's last year.

Ok, joking aside. It gives me a lot of hope for the league when expansions are rolling out this successfully. I hope it puts some pressure on the old guard teams to see how they might do things differently.