PDA

View Full Version : That was the best Game Ever....

FluSH
06-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Or at least very close to it!!!

- Great atmosephere at the Tailgate!!! I was eating burgers, shrimp, and some kick ass Paella! man that was good

- I was happy that everyone respected the moment of silence... For a second there I thought people didn't know or would continue chanting.

- The Who's Your Daddy Banner made an apperance... not once but THREE times at the game... 3 GOALS!!!! Ricketts probably has Goal of the year!

- The chant unison was GREAT (not all the time)... but great nonetheless... at times I could see 114/115 chanting the same chants we were doing... that in itself was amazing!

-The Post Drumming session was spectacular! One of the best ones to date. There must have been 50 people there chanting with us... T.O. Moose and Maswary drumming away... I truly love the post drumming session... (although this time 2 TV crew cameras came to film us, which drove the crowd into a frenzy as they wanted to be on TV... that part I did not like as it interrupted the chanting =P )

- Unfortunately I missed Shoeless Joe's due to prior committments but I'm sure it would have been great.

- One last thing.. AL-MO called me around 12:00am as he was back at BMO Field to get his car... he called to tell me the BUDGIE banner was left untouched at BMO Field... hanging from the rail by itself in an empty stadium... at peace to say the least.

H Bomb
06-15-2008, 10:33 AM
An absolutely flawless gameday. And fathers day weekend to boot. They've started a good tradition on this weekend. Beautiful weather and a dominating win.

Broadview
06-15-2008, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=FluSH;48204- One last thing.. AL-MO called me around 12:00am as he was back at BMO Field to get his car... he called to tell me the BUDGIE banner was left untouched at BMO Field... hanging from the rail by itself in an empty stadium... at peace to say the least.[/QUOTE]

That's really poignant and touching.

Craig Forrest said that during the momment of silence (which wasn't aired) you could hear a pin drop.

Great job people.

Ageroo
06-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I am glad the banner was still left there....and very fitting.......one last time alone on the pitch for Budgie!

jabbronies
06-15-2008, 10:42 AM
That's a picture perfect moment, too bad no one got that on film.

Ageroo
06-15-2008, 10:46 AM
That's a picture perfect moment, too bad no one got that on film.

Parky might have got it on his vid for the game......

mclaren
06-15-2008, 12:17 PM
i watched a home game at home on tv for the first time in a long time (gave my ticket to a friend who had family visiting). Thoughts:

1) Fans don't sound anywhere near as loud on tv as in person for some reason
2) Last 10 mins or so of the game the East End looked pretty empty - you could clearly see the Maple Leaf.
3) I guess it's just me but the reactive chants sound so much better than the constant chants that go on no matter what happens on the pitch.

Just a few observations - great game last night though.

bhoybobby
06-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Nah, the best game ever was Celtic humping Inter Milan in the Euro Cup final 1967.

It was certainly the most entertaining TFC game I can recall

Stencils
06-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I am glad the banner was still left there....and very fitting.......one last time alone on the pitch for Budgie!

I'm so glad for this as well. Kudos to the BMO guys.

J .
06-15-2008, 03:27 PM
definately fantastic, the goals were just great!

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 03:36 PM
FluSH: "How MUCH...do you spend on gas?"

- One last thing.. AL-MO called me around 12:00am as he was back at BMO Field to get his car... he called to tell me the BUDGIE banner was left untouched at BMO Field... hanging from the rail by itself in an empty stadium... at peace to say the least.

The Hoolies and I were some of the last out of the South Stand...the Hoolies banner was hanging next to the Budgie banner, which we only saw for the first time after the game. After taking down the Hoolies banner, all that was left was the Budgie tribute. We walked to the beer garden to kill some time while waiting for the trains. I had a look back down the south, and there it was...by its lonesome. Very fitting.

RIP Budgie. Hope we did right by you.

FluSH
06-15-2008, 05:32 PM
[quote=James Oliphant;48717]FluSH: "How MUCH...do you spend on gas?"
[quote]

Haha... usually I don't get involed in the West Go crowd vs East Go crowd chant (as I always go to Shoeless)... but I had to stand up as the West guys were slaughtering us!!!

Good Times! and Cheers to the West Go crowd...

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah man...we were totally outnumbered in terms of people actually participating.

I was tempted to chant something about Hazel McCallion, but I just respect the woman too much. :D

AL-MO
06-15-2008, 05:59 PM
That's really poignant and touching.

Craig Forrest said that during the momment of silence (which wasn't aired) you could hear a pin drop.

Great job people.

Yeah Longsleeve and I made the decision to leave the banner. I honestly didn't think that it would still be there that long after the game. I tried to take a pic with my phone but it didn't work at all..

Leprechaun
06-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Great game, great atmosphere, fun times...only bad part was waiting for the GO Train afterwards...it got a little stupid because little kids and their parents were waiting for the train and some people were yelling some pretty awful shit beside them (which I usually have no problem with and actually find funny as hell). But a mom told them to stop and the mom was called a slut and other pretty mean stuff.

Parkdale
06-15-2008, 06:57 PM
dig it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_6o9qxF3mU

AL-MO
06-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Just watched a bit of the video(will watch the rest tomorrow @ work) but it gave me chills seeing the budgie banner....that was our first 'tribute' banner...and it worked out pretty well.

NF-FC
06-15-2008, 07:11 PM
J it gave me chills seeing the budgie banner....that was our first 'tribute' banner....

hopefully we wont need any more tributes

Steve-Tor
06-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Nice to see the moments silence.

In some parks the fans are so ignorant they have to clap for a minute now so as not to make it insulting.

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice work Parkie....glad to see you got the footage of McManus dragging a "hurt" Colin Clark back onto the pitch in an effort to stop a TFC scoring chance.

You should send that video to the league...so long as you don't show Wynne's shoulder barge. :D

(5 minute mark or so, for those who don't know what I'm talking about)

T_Mizz
06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Anyone see what Cunnigham got the Card for?
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080614&content_id=165624&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280
I knew he was an elf but...

Nodoubtguy
06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
- Great atmosephere at the Tailgate!!! I was eating burgers, shrimp, and some kick ass Paella! man that was good

hahahaha...yeah, I saw Flush loving the tailgate. Burger, Shrimp, Rice, and "beverage" in hand......

NF-FC
06-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Nice work Parkie....glad to see you got the footage of McManus dragging a "hurt" Colin Clark back onto the pitch in an effort to stop a TFC scoring chance.

You should send that video to the league...so long as you don't show Wynne's shoulder barge. :D

(5 minute mark or so, for those who don't know what I'm talking about)

i definitely need to find an animated gif of this

greatwhitenorf
06-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Wynne clocked that Colorado wimp big time and we were laughing our asses off watching him pathetically crawl his way back onto the field to get the refs to pay even the slightest attention to him.

What a bozo! What a wonderful moment. Atta boy, Wynner!! Bringing it big time, baby!

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Anyone see what Cunnigham got the Card for?
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080614&content_id=165624&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280
I knew he was an elf but...

MLS' all-encompassing term for embellishment/diving? *shrug*