PDA

View Full Version : Did Chad Barrett break his foot?

Brooker
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I noticed on his facebook somebody back in December said to Chad ''sorry to hear about the broken foot." Chad Barrett also said he was "laid up" just before Christmas. I didn't think anything of it until Preki said he broke his Fifth Metarsal.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Yagbod
01-29-2010, 01:39 PM
He couldn't have waited until the season began?

(kidding, kidding)

ArmenJBX
01-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Preki said it on Toronto FC TV today. He's not gunna be at camp.

pekduck
01-29-2010, 01:56 PM
but is coming back soon.. i hope

might be a blessing in disguise tho... time for preki to evaluate him after recovery and assign him a role that he fits too.. if that's the wing, that's wing. right now chad still thinks he's striker forced on wing and tries too hard to prove that yet to no avail

Wolfe
01-29-2010, 05:13 PM
I think since both Chad and Preki have said that he did, it is pretty obvious. Why does the title for this thread have a question mark? I was hoping to come here and place a bet, but was very disappointed when I read it. :(

TFCRegina
01-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Too bad we don't have a release clause due to career ending injury...

Damien
01-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Too bad we don't have a release clause due to career ending injury...

I wish!!

I hope White and Gerba/Imbrahim are our starting strikers anyway...

Auzzy
01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
I heard he was practicing with a barn door. By the time he was close enough to hit it with the ball, he ended up kicking it with his foot as well...

Kidding, kidding, wishing him a quick recovery....

Brooker
01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I think since both Chad and Preki have said that he did, it is pretty obvious. Why does the title for this thread have a question mark? I was hoping to come here and place a bet, but was very disappointed when I read it. :(

It's just odd how Preki scimmed over it like it was nothing. He's hard enough to understand in the first place before he says he broke his Fifth Metarsal which took me a few tries to figure out what the hell it was on google.

TFCRegina
01-29-2010, 06:14 PM
It's just odd how Preki scimmed over it like it was nothing. He's hard enough to understand in the first place before he says he broke his Fifth Metarsal which took me a few tries to figure out what the hell it was on google.

Perhaps he skimmed over it, because it's no big loss to the club...

Brooker
01-29-2010, 06:21 PM
LOL! Zing!

Nuvinho
01-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I doubt Preki will be giving "highlight reel" press conferences this year......no JC rants.....no CC's "to be honest"......hahaha!!!

Looks like his interviews will be very straight and to the point, not giving away too much.

DOMIN8R
02-02-2010, 06:55 AM
^ Agreed.

I'm not sure that it's his style though. I think it's more like he hasn't benefited from the media training managers undergo in Europe.