PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, Canada crazy about soccer

Dozitwin
06-15-2008, 09:28 AM
If haven't seen this posted, sorry if it's out there already. Here's an article I found on the MLSnet.com.

Oh my, Canada crazy about soccer

Wheat Ridge native Todd Dunivant loves playing before the big Toronto FC crowds.
By Brian Forbes
Special to The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 06/13/2008 01:08:40 AM MDT

COMMERCE CITY — For Todd Dunivant, there's no place like far from home.
Dunivant, a defender with Toronto FC who graduated from Dakota Ridge High School in 1999 before college at Stanford and Major League Soccer stops in San Jose, Los Angeles and New York, is loving his second season with the expansion club. Especially its vibrant supporters.
With a diverse urban population feeding the turnstiles and four passionate fan groups in full voice, BMO Field is in a class by itself when it comes to atmosphere and ticket demand in MLS.
The Reds (5-4-2), who are unbeaten at home this season, welcome the Rapids (5-6) on Saturday as a depleted Colorado team tries to snap its three-game road losing streak. "The fan base that we have is just incredible. It's a demographic that is unique to our team," Dunivant said. "I think MLS in general has to cater a lot to youth clubs and families. I think our crowd is a lot more Eurocentric. . . . You get a passion you don't necessarily get when you have the families."

read more (http://www.denverpost.com/rapids/ci_9569487)

Bloor West FC
06-15-2008, 09:32 AM
NIce article! It always put's a smile on my face when I read things like this! :)
Thanks for Posting

Broadview
06-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Dunny had a great game yesterday.

I think the haircut makes him faster.

Super
06-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Dunny had a great game yesterday.

I think the haircut makes him faster.

Much like Brent when he had his haircut.

http://www.sootoday.com/uploads/content/Brent_Butt.jpg

jabbronies
06-15-2008, 10:24 AM
HA! He hasn't seen this cities full passion for soccer just yet. Wait until the Euro's get deeper and If Italy and Portugal are still playing, then he'll see some more passion that Toronto has to offer the sport!

TFC OZZ
06-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Carver was incredibly unhappy with Dunivant for stretches of the game. One particular instance that I recall vividly had Carver screaming at Dunivant for holding the ball up instead of playing it forward, and sending a long ball to Ricketts. Carver screamed, "THAT'S THREE FUCKING TIMES TOOD!" to which Dunivant sort of put up his hands in a manner like, "I don't know what you mean"... I was pretty sure he was gonna get subbed. Speaking of which, he did similar things with Robert for his weak challenges.

Either way, I thought they both played pretty well.