PDA

View Full Version : Serioux Injured?

Gixmo
01-25-2010, 10:03 PM
I hate to stir the rumor mill, but caught this on Twitter...

24thminute (http://twitter.com/24thminute)
Chasing this now: Serioux out of contract and facing 'pretty bad' injury. Had 2 people tell me.

Anyone have any insight?

Nuvinho
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I saw that earlier on twitter.

There were rumours last year about him retiring.

ArmenJBX
01-25-2010, 10:07 PM
ahhh fuck...

werewolf
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
His neck/back was bothering him last year.

Gixmo
01-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Who cares, get the man some help - He's a gangster on the back line!!!

Get Well Adrian, Don't leave us yet!

Derko
01-25-2010, 10:14 PM
That is too bad, but If he is injured badly....... fill in the blanks

Joe Kool
01-25-2010, 10:14 PM
His neck/back was bothering him last year.

I heard the same thing about his neck and the fact that he wasn't returning this year but nothing official.

Phil
01-25-2010, 10:15 PM
He was at one of the pub crawls and was getting pretty ancy about resigning. He was waiting for TFC to offer him a contract. Seemed to be in good health at that time.

I hope he is okay, all I have heard are probably the same rumours.

werewolf
01-25-2010, 10:16 PM
I heard the same thing about his neck and the fact that he wasn't returning this year but nothing official.

We should start a blog, think of the money we could make.

FluSH
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I hate to stir the rumor mill, but caught this on Twitter...

24thminute (http://twitter.com/24thminute)
Chasing this now: Serioux out of contract and facing 'pretty bad' injury. Had 2 people tell me.

Anyone have any insight?

When was Serioux not injured? That guy played through any possible pain... I do hope he's not out of contract though... We need him.

FluSH
01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
He was at one of the pub crawls and was getting pretty ancy about resigning. He was waiting for TFC to offer him a contract. Seemed to be in good health at that time.

I hope he is okay, all I have heard are probably the same rumours.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... tell me it ain't so!

Gixmo
01-25-2010, 11:35 PM
When was Serioux not injured? That guy played through any possible pain... I do hope he's not out of contract though... We need him.

That's somewhat my point, The man is iron back there and shows heart. He's gangster.... and he takes shit from no one.

oxygenatedbrain
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
He fell and damaged his elbow...ask Dino (VPjr)

Nuvinho
01-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Serioux named to Hart's squad for the game on Sunday.

FluSH
01-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Well, I've fallen and damaged my elbow putting up Christmas lights... that would not be a career ending injury I would say...

Mikey
01-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Well, I've fallen and damaged my elbow putting up Christmas lights... that would not be a career ending injury I would say...

Yeah, but how often do you use that elbow on an attacking strikers ribs in the 18 yard box!!

FluSH
01-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Yeah, but how often do you use that elbow on an attacking strikers ribs in the 18 yard box!!

hmmm... maybe about 3 times a year after each match, against people pushing me through the Go Train tunnel.

Carts
01-26-2010, 08:43 AM
An elbow probably won't end your career - but it can hurt like hell, take a long time to heal...

I'm glad its just an elbow & he's ok... Not lying in the hopsital after getting slammed by a truck or something...

When you see these "twitter" updates they could mean anything from 'falling putting up xmas lights' to being in hospital from a serious car accident...

Twitter causes more rumors and probs than its worth - but I guess Perez Hilton would disagree with me...

Carts...

Gixmo
01-26-2010, 08:52 AM
... Which is why I hate to stir it, however the source is generally spot on and trust-worthy as it is.

As for your Go Train situation Flush, Get a move on or get out the way !! :)

Can you hear the Eastbound Sing.. NOOOOO NOOOOO

Pachuco
01-26-2010, 10:02 AM
damn this would be horrible news. We are going to end up with a completely new back line (except for Nana) by the time we start the season. Then we'll have Mo giving us the excuse that the back line is new and needs time to gell.

STB
01-26-2010, 10:07 AM
TBH would it be that bad,

According to the trial reports you have Said and Andrade training.

Personally they would be my first choice center backs even if everyone was fit.

Nuvinho
01-26-2010, 10:10 AM
damn this would be horrible news. We are going to end up with a completely new back line (except for Nana) by the time we start the season. Then we'll have Mo giving us the excuse that the back line is new and needs time to gell.

Nana-----Said-----Andrade-----Jazic

I pulled the name in bold out of my a**.....dobson and JDG seem to like him on TFC as per twitter.

mastermixer
01-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Nana-----Said-----Andrade-----Jazic

I pulled the name in bold out of my a**.....dobson and JDG seem to like him on TFC as per twitter.

Ok... this twitter crap is getting out of control! :facepalm:

VPjr
01-26-2010, 01:05 PM

The way I heard it, the elbow injury is pretty bad but the worse part about it for Adrian is that he doesn't have a contract and might be out for a while so the timing could not be worse for him from a career standpoint. I'm sure he'll eventually recover from the injury but, if TFC finds a suitable replacement, he might have to find work somewhere else (sadly).

Phil
01-26-2010, 01:14 PM
The way I heard it, the elbow injury is pretty bad but the worse part about it for Adrian is that he doesn't have a contract and might be out for a while so the timing could not be worse for him from a career standpoint. I'm sure he'll eventually recover from the injury but, if TFC finds a suitable replacement, he might have to find work somewhere else (sadly).

I think it would be a mistake not to get him back. His status as a Canadian makes him worthwile in terms of roster spots alone.

I know he had a tough couple of games near the end of the season but he was pretty solid for the better part of the year.

Roogsy
01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
If he has to take a year off to recover, I am sure Vancouver or Montreal will look at him next year if TFC don't pick him up. Proven Canadian players are going to find work, period.

VPjr
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I think it would be a mistake not to get him back. His status as a Canadian makes him worthwile in terms of roster spots alone.

I know he had a tough couple of games near the end of the season but he was pretty solid for the better part of the year.

I agree that Adrian is a worthwhile player to have on the roster. Not only is he Canadian :canada: .... but he's also a pretty versatile guy and that can not be undervalued in a league with such tiny rosters.

I wish him well and hope he gets well and finds work (preferably in Toronto, but I have no doubt he'll be in demand if he's healthy....for the first 6-7 games last season, I thought he was TFC's best player but then the injuries started to mount)

Wooster_TFC
01-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I believe that TFC would own his MLS rights for 2 years unless he is traded to some other team, so next year would not be an option in Vancouver/Montreal, assuming they are both in the MLS.

It would be interesting to see what might happen if he were to sign in Vancouver this year, whether they would get rights or TFC would retain them (I believe Seattle had the first right of refusal for their USL team members, if not all USL players)

rocker
01-26-2010, 01:59 PM
I wonder how long he'll be out?

Obviously it'd be foolish to sign him now if he ends up being out for half a season or more. Might be a wait and see thing.

Hitcho
01-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I dunno, he's Canadian, good and versatile. He can play anywhere across the back line and as a DCM (his natural position). Unless his career is now going to be shot as a result of injury, I'd be very disappointed if we didn't pick him up. At least give him a one year contract with some options to renew. I'd hate to see him go to Van Caps or Limp Act - nightmare!

jloome
01-26-2010, 03:00 PM
My understanding is he was already considering retiring at the end of the season, due to ongoing chronic pain from prior injuries. This likely just adds to that.

Roogsy
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
He's had a rough couple of years. At some point, the body just says "enough".

Nuvinho
01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
not to be disrespectful of Serioux, but if he isn't back....that's $119K more we have in capspace.

As well, could that also be why we haven't got rid of Garcia yet.

FluSH
01-26-2010, 03:32 PM
not to be disrespectful of Serioux, but if he isn't back....that's $119K more we have in capspace.

As well, could that also be why we haven't got rid of Garcia yet.

If Garcia stays over Serioux... so help me God.

Roogsy
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
If Garcia stays over Serioux... so help me God.

:lol:

Nuvinho
01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
If both Serioux and Garcia are gone, that $300K saved.

Gixmo
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
.... and some fresh air saved from Nick, as well as 2 pylons & half a KFC Drumstick!

Redcoe15
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
AAAAAUGHHHHHH!!!!! :willy_nilly:

Auzzy
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I think this is another example where it sucks that there are so few guaranteed or long-term contracts, or other safety nets in MLS, even for senior players. Serioux wasn't always perfect, but he played his heart out last season, played through injuries, picked up more injuries fighting for the team, etc. So now he suffers once because of those injuries, and again because he's between contracts, while TFC might not even re-sign him if they think the injuries are too serious. All this after a salary of about $120k or $130k, not exactly enough to squirrel away millions for the future. Now he's age 30, been playing soccer for a long time, and maybe out of a job for a while (or longer if the injuries are serioux). There's gotta be a better way to take care of guys like that, w/o bankrupting a team or a league like Garber & Co are always pretending.

Heart of Stone
01-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm interested to see how Serioux plays this Sunday ... he is playing right?

deschamp86
01-27-2010, 01:56 PM
No he's injured