PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season?

cementhead
01-23-2010, 10:28 PM
I would love for GOLTV to show all the TFC pre season game since it is a MLSE network and it is TFC station that the Disney Tournament and Charleston Cup Challenge plus it would be a good time for RPB to get together?:

Jitter
01-24-2010, 01:03 AM
You never know...

Gol TV broadcasted a number of 'out-of-market' matches this past year and playoff games so it wouldn't be the biggest surprise.

Here's hoping!
*Fingers Crossed*

poppamidnight
01-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Highly doubt it,
They'll prolly stick to inexpensive low-budget commentary internet stream on TFC TV.

How would they attract any advert's? Casual TFC fans won't even watch it, numbers won't be that high (only the diehards).

Nuvinho
01-24-2010, 12:01 PM
isn't the Disney tourney an ESPN thing? Then ESPN may have coverage, which means that GolTV may also have it as well....it depends how much ESPN/MLS charges GolTV to carry the games.

I remember that for the Draft this year.....the MLS wanted alot of money just to show the draft on TV.

Carts
01-24-2010, 10:31 PM
isn't the Disney tourney an ESPN thing? Then ESPN may have coverage, which means that GolTV may also have it as well....it depends how much ESPN/MLS charges GolTV to carry the games.

I remember that for the Draft this year.....the MLS wanted alot of money just to show the draft on TV.

I think this is one of the few business mistakes Don Garber has made (assuming it was MLS asking for high carriage fees for the draft, and not ESPN)...

The draft should have been on GOL TV here in Canada - and made available relatively cheap as the league needs the exposure. They need people to see it covered like the 'big-4' to attract new fans...

My thought, and I'm just guessing, is ESPN might have been asking for the big bucks for GOL TV to simulcast the feed. The reason, with live streaming on the internet, they knew that all the Canadian viewers went straight o ESPN.com (other than the illegal streams) and watched online...

Its the goal of the all the big market stations now, they use their programming to drive viewers to their online content - gets annoying to be honest LOL...

Carts...