PDA

View Full Version : Projectiles Again!!

Derko
06-15-2008, 08:34 AM
WTF is wrong with people, I counted no less than 4 water bottles hurled at the Colorado keeper from the 'Supporters' section, we are up 3-nil and still these assholes want to throw water bottles on the field. If the referee was to stop a match because of it, imagine how bad these jokers would feel. We have to police ourselves or shit will hit the fan. The fans sitting around these idiots should be doing something about it, call security up and have them removed. If it were to happen in section 110, there are enough of us real supporters that would remove the individuals ourselves, don't be complacent and say 'look at that asshole throwing a water bottle', do something about it. Yes we have the best supporters in the MLS, don't spoil it. I know RPB does not condone such behaviour, but RPB does have big voice.

And please people don't lecture how throwing water bottles shows your support and how it is O.K. in other countries and leagues, because it shows how lame and narrow minded that response would be.

Nuvinho
06-15-2008, 08:37 AM
I remember some sections they won't give you the bottle when you order water, they pour it into a cup. They should do that all around the stadium.....and why??? b/c of these fools!!!

At least no one ran onto the field yesterday.

Broadview
06-15-2008, 08:43 AM
I imagine the fact that it was a night game (more time for drinking), a Saturday (more time for drinking and nursing hangovers while not at work), and a big win (more reasons for drinking) had a lot to do with the impared judgement.

On tv I saw cops and securitysuddenly springing to attention when the bottles were chucked. Did they find the guys?

justin
06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
it was ridiculous how much shit was thrown at burpo last night. way too many drunken retards in this town.

denime
06-15-2008, 08:48 AM
IDIOTS,IDIOTS,IDIOTS,IDIOTS,IDIOTS,IDIOTS
Sec. 114/115 has too many wannabe supporters that can't handle alcohol.

I would understand if we were losing and someone is frustrated,but in this case where we are leading and playing great soccer some morons think it's ok to throw bottles on the pitch.

:out:

Bloor West FC
06-15-2008, 08:52 AM
You are all correct. Those are fools who are throwing these objects. This is not the way it is meant to be. They will be cought soon. More security is on the way.

bdrs
06-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Dumb dumb dumb.
Always the few simpletons that ruin it for everyone.
asses.

Fort York Redcoat
06-15-2008, 09:03 AM
I saw the beer thrown. I make sure to shout how stupid it is when it happens. It shuts people up around me but I just say that's what we don't want on youtube. People in a crowd think they can get away with it but if it looks bad on all of us we should call out idiots around us.

Loved to see the streamers, though. Even better post the announcement to not to...

Parkdale
06-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Personally, I think throwing things on the pitch is a sign of disrespect towards YOUR OWN TEAM.
Visiting teams should get crushed on the field of play by our players and by our support for them,
not random pieces of garbage that get thrown in. I think that 'This is Our House' means you should
show some damn respect for the place, and trowing your trash is pure disrespect.

Jack
06-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Serious idiocy.

Respect to the Ultras who I saw chanting at the assholes who were throwing and giving them shit.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I remember some sections they won't give you the bottle when you order water, they pour it into a cup. They should do that all around the stadium.....and why??? b/c of these fools!!!

At least no one ran onto the field yesterday.

cups are just as bad a few filled with beer went flying as well, this must stop, there is talk of all beer must be drunk before you take your seat in the supporters end?

Parkdale
yeah, it's a shame that shit comes from 114 and causes problems for the Ultras.
I'm seeing that 'bangwagon-jumper' article in a new light.

ExiledRed
Beer is the last issue.

I saw their keeper get utterly showered, and as he went back to the goalmouth to take a kick, a coke can came spiralling out of the stands, (obviously not an empty one either) and missed his head by a fraction.

What do you guys (who throw shit) want? to injure an opposing player?

Thats not what being a fortress is all about you dumb fucktarded bastards, we'll lose points soon, and the netting is becoming an inevitability.

Blazer
06-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Season tickets should be removed from these fuckwads and re-distributed to whomever comes forward and rats him out right after it happens. Point the fuckers out to security people!

Blazer
06-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Last year I couldn't reach over two rows far enough to punch out one fucker who thought that pelting police and secutiry with peauts was a gas?! I screamed at him to stop because he would get our section tagged as shit disturbers only to see a fucking net up in our faces soon there after. I bought a bag of penuts myself and everytime he threw one at security/ police I pelted him in the back of the dome with my own. Wanker.

canadian_bhoy
06-15-2008, 09:50 AM
these people are an embarassment to the club, plain and simple.

How much you wanna bet, these are the same donkey's who stand the whole match with their hands in their pockets, never chant (except to start a this is our house when everyone else is singing something else).

Chevy
06-15-2008, 09:54 AM
it was ridiculous how much shit was thrown at burpo last night. way too many drunken retards in this town.

I agree. For you fuckwads who think its a good idea to throw shit, let me tell you it totally deflates the rest of the stadium when that happens.

Marc"2L"
06-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I wonder how much it would cost/money they would lose if they could put up nets around the south end and not sell any beer for 1 game.

rocker
06-15-2008, 10:10 AM
i could see the nets going up like that crappy one at Saputo stadium... but all the way along.

Pinkie
06-15-2008, 10:11 AM
oh man, there was a poor ballgirl that looked absolutely TERRIFIED when one of the beers were thrown

people can be such idiots.

like the dude that told adam to put his flag down because he couldn't watch the game, only to leave ten minutes before half time to get beer.

Dozitwin
06-15-2008, 10:16 AM
cups are just as bad a few filled with beer went flying as well, this must stop, there is talk of all beer must be drunk before you take your seat in the supporters end?

That wouldn't be unheard of. I was at a match at Upton Park and there is not beer allowed in the stands, not to mention the back to back line up of bobbies when you come out of the stands to the concourse levels.

BBKING
06-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Guys the problem is very easy to sort out. If you see someone throwing shit report them to security or the cops.

ACSertL
06-15-2008, 10:42 AM
I am in 114, near the top, and when I see the shit flying from my section I get embarrassed, although I don't think most people are stupid enough to try to throw something from near the tops of the section so its not coming from anywhere close to where I am standing. And most times I only sort of catch something out of the corner of my eye beacuse I am too busy watching the game and cheering on the team (novel idea that is).

I'd also like to think that real supporters aren't the ones throwing shit onto the field at a backup keeper when we're 3-0 up. And being drunk is no damn excuse for acting like a total wank.

mw83krk
06-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately, there are too many morons who consider the opportunity to go to a sporting event an excuse to get wasted... :confused:

I watched last night's game on TV and when I saw that beer land just next to the keeper in the 85th minute I thought to myself that this happens EVERY game and eventually one of those will be on target (so far they've all missed... the lack of aim tells you the morons throwing are drunk) and then we will have big problems.

werewolf
06-15-2008, 11:27 AM
at what point does it become ok to be a 'rat'? I don't like being a snitch anymore then the next guy, but if the something hits a keeper and the game is abandon, what good does a forfeit do anyone?

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 11:37 AM
at what point does it become ok to be a 'rat'? I don't like being a snitch anymore then the next guy, but if the something hits a keeper and the game is abandon, what good does a forfeit do anyone?

Rat?

I actually pay to attend BMO.

Im not in prison, school or the army here, Im paying money to watch a game. Putting on a red shirt doesnt make you immune to being pointed out for anti social behaviour, why the fuck should it?

Security arent prison wardens, teachers or officers. They are not the enemy, and wankers who throw shit at football players on the pitch are not my friends, or 'brothers' or whatever. They're a threat.

The term 'Rat' or 'snitch' doesnt apply one iota here.

rocker
06-15-2008, 11:48 AM
ya, if you don't know the guy and he tosses shit you're not ratting out somebody.
just because he's at a TFC game doesn't mean he's your "brother". That "stop snitchin" stuff is for closed-knit groups where everyone knows each other like brothers.
I would hope if somebody did see their buddy do this kind of thing they'd smack the guy around a bit at LEAST and tell him what a fuckin idiot he is for doing that. Of course the guy's buddies are probably all with him on it and havin a laugh.

BC101
06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Rat?

Im not in prison, school or the army here, Im paying money to watch a game. Putting on a red shirt doesnt make you immune to being pointed out for anti social behaviour, why the fuck should it?

Security arent prison wardens, teachers or officers. They are not the enemy, and wankers who throw shit at football players on the pitch are not my friends, or 'brothers' or whatever. They're a threat.

QFT we have to "rat" or stop these idiots at the source before it gets out of hand. BELIEVE me if watching footy from behind a net is not cool. Its like having a track around the pitch it makes you feel far away from the match. Seriously those in 114 and 115 you see someone tossing summat you point them out to security... These IDIOTS are probably day trippers who saw it done once and felt like emulating.

Can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would wanna throw anything when you're whooping the other team senseless. Or at any time really...

Thanks a lot you fuckwits that shit took down the experience of the day for me.

CenturySam
06-15-2008, 11:55 AM
if ya want to throw something, throw your voice. use it as a weapon. but don't throw that other projectile type bullshit.

Maybe everyone around them should pick them up and throw them on the pitch, serve them up to security,and start chanting "NOT IN OUR HOUSE" end of story!!

v00d00daddy
06-15-2008, 12:04 PM
This behavious is idiotic and it's just a matter of time before the FO puts a camera on a suspected section and starts throwing people out even after they think they've gotten away with it.

Myself and all the people around me in 115 get really pissed when something come flying out or our section or a section near us. The only problem is we can't tell who threw it because it usually comes from behind us or from several seats/sectionss/rows over so we just end up turning around and screaming "You fucking idiot" in a general direction. It's getting frustrating.

The Kingpin
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
What ever happened to buggery with sharp objects... I know... I know... I threw something once in NY... But we were getting hammered, taunted and I was wasted. But to do this when you're up 3-0 in your own stadium is far beyond my ranting and raving capacity. I admit at one time I said we shouldn't have to police the stadium, but I think the time is coming when the supporters have to manage The Bunker.

katatonic
06-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I hate to watch a match through a protective net like saputo stadium. People gotta stop the projectiles.

NateDoGG
06-15-2008, 12:48 PM
predicton: booze will not be sold at bmo field next season
prediciton: south end hooli's will have to do a breathalyzer b4 entering the stadium, if drunk wont be allowed in

cmonyoureds
06-15-2008, 12:52 PM
this is one instance where cc tv would actually be useful. i'd go so far as to say take away the tickets, and even if it wasn't you, but the guy you brought to the game. For that matter even the guy you gave the tix to when you couldn't make the game!!!

i will give one thought to the fact that there are still scalper seats in that end and those sections. i'm pretty sure the ones we're ranting about are probably not there next week anyways, so what do they care? which would make my suggestion above carry even more weight.

Dirk Diggler
06-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Rat?

Exactly. The mere fact that some fuckers are getting away with it every game displays a failure of the fans around that guy. If I saw someone throw shit, I'd report him, no doubt about it. Its not being a "rat". I love how that is used as an excuse.

The Kingpin
06-15-2008, 01:57 PM
this is one instance where cc tv would actually be useful. i'd go so far as to say take away the tickets, and even if it wasn't you, but the guy you brought to the game. For that matter even the guy you gave the tix to when you couldn't make the game!!!

i will give one thought to the fact that there are still scalper seats in that end and those sections. i'm pretty sure the ones we're ranting about are probably not there next week anyways, so what do they care? which would make my suggestion above carry even more weight.

Never! That is an awful idea. CCTV is a joke, they have it here and it does nothing. All it is useful for is monitoring movement and looking at innocent people. How will I get caught if I wear a scarf on my face? CCTV is a grotesque invasion of privacy and a by product of incompetent policing tactics.

Broadview
06-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Never! That is an awful idea. CCTV is a joke, they have it here and it does nothing. All it is useful for is monitoring movement and looking at innocent people. How will I get caught if I wear a scarf on my face? CCTV is a grotesque invasion of privacy and a by product of incompetent policing tactics.

I'll disagree with you here, at least in a stadium.

If you're at a televised event as a spectator, you shouldn't expect much in the way of privacy.

If a camera is always pointed at you there and you know it, you probably won't do something stupid. And if you do, you're stupid, period. And caught. Problem solved.

ThunderBaby
06-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Watching the game through a net would totally suck. The jerks that throw crap should be smacked upside the head!
I agree report them if you can.

CretanBull
06-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Sadly, I think this is a preditable reaction to banning the throwing of streamers....people can't throw streamers, get pissed off and end up throwing something else. I realize that people threw objects when streamers were still allowed, but it was obviously much worse yesterday.

The Kingpin
06-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I'll disagree with you here, at least in a stadium.

If you're at a televised event as a spectator, you shouldn't expect much in the way of privacy.

If a camera is always pointed at you there and you know it, you probably won't do something stupid. And if you do, you're stupid, period. And caught. Problem solved.

Hooliganism is rampant here and CCTV is everywhere, there is very little if any in Canada and there is no CCTV. Somehow that doesn't add up... And like I said, wrap a scarf around your face and CCTV is useless... If someone wants to be an ass they will find a way, dodgy cameras with poor visual angles will do very little. Accepting cameras is an awful idea, and suggesting "if you have nothing to hide what is your worry argument" is the next course of action, ask yourself this... Would you let one be put in your home, in your back yard... I mean, if you have nothing to hide...

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 03:11 PM
^^ Hooliganism was rampant in Britain before the CCTV revolution. The level of hooliganism you are experiencing is much less of an issue than it was before CCTV, and to suggest that CCTV has done nothing to curtail hooliganism in England, is ludicrous.'

Like Broadview says, CCTV in a football stadium isnt an invasion of privacy any more than the TV cameras are, and when some guy attacks me in the stadium and I defend myself (As happened to Craiger) , unless Im on CCTV, there's nothing to tell the police that I wasn't the aggressor.

Broadview
06-15-2008, 03:20 PM
No, no...I don't want cameras in my home. I don't wanna get caught...uh...reading. But I don't mind the one pointed at the door down in the lobby :)

I actually like the idea of "self-policing" in the supporters section, but that seems like an awfully radical idea to my Canadian sensabilities so I can't imagine it would fly. It could help solve the scarves over faces deal though. I heard DC supporters somehow managed to pull that off...anyone know how that all came about?

The Kingpin
06-15-2008, 03:40 PM
^^ Hooliganism was rampant in Britain before the CCTV revolution. The level of hooliganism you are experiencing is much less of an issue than it was before CCTV, and to suggest that CCTV has done nothing to curtail hooliganism in England, is ludicrous.'

Like Broadview says, CCTV in a football stadium isnt an invasion of privacy any more than the TV cameras are, and when some guy attacks me in the stadium and I defend myself (As happened to Craiger) , unless Im on CCTV, there's nothing to tell the police that I wasn't the aggressor.

Fair enough re: The first point. But the quality and ability to nail someone via CCTV is low. I was speaking to a forensics professor regarding general evidence and he suggested in many cases CCTV evidence had to be thrown out due to quality. Being front and centre in Liverpool when hooligans were pelting the Newcastle caravan with stones and front and centre in Newcastle when Mackems and Geordies clashed big time it seems to me that hooliganism is still on the go big time... But when you look at the outfits, you see that they know what they are doing. Hoodies, Scarves, Glasses... everything. Like I said, if you don't want to get caught via CCTV you won't as evasive measures are easy. So to reiterate the point, only the decent citizens are the ones watched, and that I find to be very creepy. It's one thing I really dislike here, I'm watched everywhere... And I don't feel any safer than Canada. I mean honestly, why does my boutique vegetarian shop in York need a camera... It becomes an epidemic and replaces lazy policing with even lazier tactics... This is what I have seen anyway...

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 03:49 PM
. So to reiterate the point, only the decent citizens are the ones watched, and that I find to be very creepy. It's one thing I really dislike here, I'm watched everywhere... And I don't feel any safer than Canada. I mean honestly, why does my boutique vegetarian shop in York need a camera... It becomes an epidemic and replaces lazy policing with even lazier tactics... This is what I have seen anyway...

Not going to disagree with this at all, nor to the point that the hooligan element has probably adapted to the CCTV since it's introduction.

My point is that there are a huge number of identified 'hooligans' who are not allowed to attend matches, are prevented from travelling abroad during european games, and that british hooliganism just isn't as bad as it was in the mid eighties because of an intensive culling that took place following the introduction of close capture at the stadiums.

I have to admit that I have no problem being 'watched' in a football stadium though, If someone wants to enjoy themselves over a coffee watching me scream my head off, that's fine.

I think with increasing high resolution photo technology, the argument against grainy and unreliable footage is surely only a temporary one though.

The Kingpin
06-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Not going to disagree with this at all, nor to the point that the hooligan element has probably adapted to the CCTV since it's introduction.

My point is that there are a huge number of identified 'hooligans' who are not allowed to attend matches, are prevented from travelling abroad during european games, and that british hooliganism just isn't as bad as it was in the mid eighties because of an intensive culling that took place following the introduction of close capture at the stadiums.

I have to admit that I have no problem being 'watched' in a football stadium though, If someone wants to enjoy themselves over a coffee watching me scream my head off, that's fine.

I think with increasing high resolution photo technology, the argument against grainy and unreliable footage is surely only a temporary one though.

I think were they capture certain culprits is with the hand held video cameras as they are face on and immersed into the action. No doubt that this also has an effect on the selective expulsion. It's not like I'm up to criminal activity... It's the slippery slope argument that I would insert here. First the club district, then certain street corners... stadiums... and voila vegetarian boutiques... I think an old fashioned smack in the mouth from a few hardened supporters would manage the situation in my books. But hey, I was brought up by an army drill sergeant who fought in Korea - two tours, the second one chosen.

J .
06-15-2008, 04:13 PM
CCTV has proven not to solve crime rates or hooliganism. The fact is when you allow someone to take away your liberties it is much tougher to get them back. In fact, crime rates in England have not changed since the introduction of CCTV. It didn't stop the bombings.

I would never ever ever want government or police forces to be able to have CCTV control. Why do you want the government to be able to do that?

Why do you want to live in a police state? That is what you are heading towards.

PS. People will never stop from throwing stuff onto the pitch. So buy some kleenex, take it to the next game. If they are caught by police they are caught and kicked out, fine. We are not the police and shouldn't abet them the way the treat us. To be honest, the police already have too much power.

Why give less than 1% of the population the ability to apply (possibly deadly) violence to resolve a situation? That leaves 99% of the population open to persecution and oppression.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 04:19 PM
CCTV has proven not to solve crime rates or hooliganism. The fact is when you allow someone to take away your liberties it is much tougher to get them back. In fact, crime rates in England have not changed since the introduction of CCTV. It didn't stop the bombings.

I would never ever ever want government or police forces to be able to have CCTV control. Why do you want the government to be able to do that?

Why do you want to live in a police state? That is what you are heading towards.

PS. People will never stop from throwing stuff onto the pitch. So buy some kleenex, take it to the next game. If they are caught by police they are caught and kicked out, fine. We are not the police and shouldn't abet them the way the treat us. To be honest, the police already have too much power.

Why give less than 1% of the population the ability to apply (possibly deadly) violence to resolve a situation? That leaves 99% of the population open to persecution and oppression.

So you want us to leave the shitheads to the police, but you dont want the police to have any ability to identify the shitheads?

Good idea.

If you're cool with people throwing shit on the pitch, and it sounds like you are, then you're cool with all the countermeasures that will be taken against the supporters.

Why should I suffer 'collective punishment' which basically means a net, alcohol restrictions oh and MORE police btw.

If you dont like the police, and who does, why give them the excuse to ride your arse?

J .
06-15-2008, 04:25 PM
So you want us to leave the shitheads to the police, but you dont want the police to have any ability to identify the shitheads?

Good idea.

If you're cool with people throwing shit on the pitch, and it sounds like you are, then you're cool with all the countermeasures that will be taken against the supporters.

Why should I suffer 'collective punishment' which basically means a net, alcohol restrictions oh and MORE police btw.

If you dont like the police, and who does, why give them the excuse to ride your arse?

So we need to have our civil liberties taken away to catch one or two people?

Some guy gets too drunk and makes a mistake so he should be banned for life or his tickets taken away, that he paid for?

I highly doubt they will stop selling alcohol. People streak once or twice a year at SkyDome, do they stop selling booze?

Ever go to a Ticats Argos game? Fights after those, ever see booze stop being sold?

The sky is not falling fellas.

I am not giving the police to ride my ass, I am saying if someone else or I fuck up, last thing needed is the police involvement. They should be out stopping serious crime. Not throwing bottles at a soccer game.

That is a waste of rolex sponsored time and money.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 04:34 PM
^^ Im not sure what point your making.

The issue here is that players are being put at risk on OUR pitch. This is a serious issue, and if left, will inevitably lead to higher security and all the things you hate.

Our team is at risk of losing points, the fans are at risk of losing drinking priveleges, a net is looming.

Your statement that people will 'never stop throwing shit onto the pitch' wont ring true when it is physically prevented by a net, will it?

You dont like the police everywhere, but if we ignore the shitheads then the police HAVE to respond for us, and the more they HAVE to respond the more numerous they will become.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Encouraged by the condemnation…it is quite simple to identify culprits if people chose to.

The net is coming people!

It is up to us to police ourselves…I have said this on many occasions and had a discussion with an veteran RPB last night after the game…our support is extremely immature! There is a GROWING element of our support who think getting shitfaced…throwing objects onto the pitch…ridiculing fellow supports…and urinating in public is perfectly expectable…sorry lads…it isn't!

We need to grow up…

Also those fans who chant…”where you going…games not over!”…shut the fuck up and watch the game!

London
06-15-2008, 04:57 PM
while sitting at the game yesterday, i commented to my dad the eventually we might get into a situation where they have NFL style field goal nets that come up whenever there is a corner or throw in!
that would suck

ilikemusic
06-15-2008, 05:00 PM

People will never stop throwing stuff? Where do you get that idea? How many water bottles do you see thrown at keepers when youre watching footy on TV? I think i've seen one thing (a single streamer) thrown towards that pitch in the last week and a half of the most passionate and important football matches that exist.

Im not sure I know what this is a reference to. Im sure police forces account for far less than 1% of the total population of the world (or at the grounds,or anywhere), and what does the application of deadly force have to do with the use of CCTV on football ground? You think cops are going to point people out using CCTV and then start firing rubber bullets and tazer shots into the crowd?

Some guy gets too drunk and makes a mistake so he should be banned for life or his tickets taken away, that he paid for?

Ill bet the guy in Columbus who was/is being rooted out by the league and the Crew front office used the exact same reasoning ('I was drunk and got caught up in the moment').

I highly doubt they will stop selling alcohol. People streak once or twice a year at SkyDome, do they stop selling booze?

Ever go to a Ticats Argos game? Fights after those, ever see booze stop being sold?

Ive seen it stop being sold at the Air Canada Centre. Granted it wasnt for rowdy behavior but for selling to minors or something, but it is certainly not unprecedented for sports venues to stop the taps.

Cutting off beer sales entirely isnt the real threat anyways. Its far more likely that they just ban alcohol from the stands so they can still make their money in the beer garden and in the concourses without worrying about drunk people in the crowd throwing objects. Obviously a drunk who wants to throw something will likely still find a coke bottle or whatever to throw; but for covering their asses purposes, the stadium will ban alcohol from the stands.

The sky is not falling fellas.

I am not giving the police to ride my ass, I am saying if someone else or I fuck up, last thing needed is the police involvement. They should be out stopping serious crime. Not throwing bottles at a soccer game.

That is a waste of rolex sponsored time and money.

Well the police at the stadium are there as their job. They have got to be there for insurance and liability reasons. People throwing things at other people (fan to fan, fan to player, player to fan, doesnt matter) is basically what they are there to control. If you dont think thats fair then you really arent cut out for much of anything involving public space.

Nets are on their way and the more people apoligize for morons throwing crap the more a reality they become.

Roogsy
06-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Not in the same level as throwing beers/drinks on the keeper, but in 117, some idiot threw a streamer right at our players warming up.

I would love to pound on him a little...

Dirk Diggler
06-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't think CCTV is a logical alternative (atleast not yet). That should be the last resort if you ask me. If the supporters groups can police themselves, it would be much, much easier. Granted many assholes throwing shit on the pitch are probably not even members of the groups but the section in general should take care of the guy through whatever means necessary.

And to J., in case you didn't know, I'm quite certain that the Rogers Centre staff has stopped selling booze in the 500 level because of the excessive drunken behaviour taking place earlier in the season. In addition, I don't even know why that is a concern for the majority. I personally wouldn't give two shits if they stop selling booze. My only fear is that such behaviour would only lead to stricter restrictions in other facets of the game, such as netting in front of the supporters section and what not.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Also we are much higher profile than the Ti-cats, and more likely to see a backlash due to that higher profile.

Nobody gives a fuck about the Ti-Cats.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Season tickets should be removed from these fuckwads and re-distributed to whomever comes forward and rats him out right after it happens. Point the fuckers out to security people!

thats the best statement yet.....point them to security, if not they may
ruin the fun for the real supporters.

MisterMacphisto
06-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately, there are too many morons who consider the opportunity to go to a sporting event an excuse to get wasted... :confused:

You know, it is possible to get wasted, and not be an asshole.

Richard D
06-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Anyone that says not to rat out the people throwing bottles etc can go shake their hand when the net goes up. And it will go up. Trust me. They're not going to wait until someone gets clocked flush on the skull.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2008, 09:41 PM
predicton: booze will not be sold at bmo field next season
prediciton: south end hooli's will have to do a breathalyzer b4 entering the stadium, if drunk wont be allowed in

No booze at BMo would be fine by me, the breathalyzer would be good also,...wanna drink stay at home...i know most of the drinkers behave themselves, but unless someone starts fingering the cup throwers
option 1&2 would be a good place to start!!

rocker
06-15-2008, 09:45 PM
don't forget there was a time where you couldn't get beer at all at Exhibition Stadium. so it's not far fetched.

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/topics/611-3276/

Nodoubtguy
06-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I was ashamed to be in the southend when stuff when flying at Burpo. We've done so well to be the best fans in the league for a few fucktards to come along an screw this up for us!!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2008, 09:57 PM

because someone is sooner or later going to hurt, player, fan,security,Kid?
the other option like they do in Europe is play a game behind closed doors,
no fans period, that i could see coming soon too, if you see someone throwing anything inform on them, it could be your enjoying of a football match that could be ruined.

Rocco
06-15-2008, 10:04 PM
No, no...I don't want cameras in my home. I don't wanna get caught...uh...reading. But I don't mind the one pointed at the door down in the lobby :)

I actually like the idea of "self-policing" in the supporters section, but that seems like an awfully radical idea to my Canadian sensabilities so I can't imagine it would fly. It could help solve the scarves over faces deal though. I heard DC supporters somehow managed to pull that off...anyone know how that all came about?

from the other thread

guys, lets not point fingers to what section it came from and focus more on how to prevent this from happening again. We all are a bunch of educated crowd and i think many know the consequences of the fans not coporating but keep in mind that the league can and will dock points if the fans don't coporate. We're the first canadian team and we should show the league that they can count on more canadian teams. We are the ambasadors so to speak.

My suggestion is that durring the game or before the game starts, have a chat with the person beside you if you don't recognize them or think they're new to the section and simply explain the consequences of throwing streamers at players or other objects. Otherwise this will escalate and b4 u know it, security is ejecting half the stands, no beer or anything in the supporters section.

Also the ref has every right to eject fans. YES as a fan, you can be red carded. I can't recall when i've seen this happen but on more than one occasion, i've seen or heard about refrees cancelling the games and rescheduling a "no spectator" game. I think the league is serious about this and it's about fucking time that they should too!

it's not really self policing, it's more like peer pressure.

J .
06-15-2008, 10:10 PM
People will never stop throwing stuff? Where do you get that idea? How many water bottles do you see thrown at keepers when youre watching footy on TV? I think i've seen one thing (a single streamer) thrown towards that pitch in the last week and a half of the most passionate and important football matches that exist.

Im not sure I know what this is a reference to. Im sure police forces account for far less than 1% of the total population of the world (or at the grounds,or anywhere), and what does the application of deadly force have to do with the use of CCTV on football ground? You think cops are going to point people out using CCTV and then start firing rubber bullets and tazer shots into the crowd?

Ill bet the guy in Columbus who was/is being rooted out by the league and the Crew front office used the exact same reasoning ('I was drunk and got caught up in the moment').

Ive seen it stop being sold at the Air Canada Centre. Granted it wasnt for rowdy behavior but for selling to minors or something, but it is certainly not unprecedented for sports venues to stop the taps.

Cutting off beer sales entirely isnt the real threat anyways. Its far more likely that they just ban alcohol from the stands so they can still make their money in the beer garden and in the concourses without worrying about drunk people in the crowd throwing objects. Obviously a drunk who wants to throw something will likely still find a coke bottle or whatever to throw; but for covering their asses purposes, the stadium will ban alcohol from the stands.

Well the police at the stadium are there as their job. They have got to be there for insurance and liability reasons. People throwing things at other people (fan to fan, fan to player, player to fan, doesnt matter) is basically what they are there to control. If you dont think thats fair then you really arent cut out for much of anything involving public space.

Nets are on their way and the more people apoligize for morons throwing crap the more a reality they become.

1. In South America I've seen stuff thrown on the field and I recall someone once telling me of how they use to throw bags of piss on the field. They would have to put a net around all the field to have any chance of something getting onto the field.

2. Have you ever had to deal with the cops? They tend to go overboard. Also, they do have guns so if you decided to defend yourself against brutality, well you can't because they would kill you.

3. He fucked up and I hope he knows he did. He should apologize for his remarks.

4. Irrelevant

5. Doubtful they will do that either. There are too many people responsibly drinking. I drink a ton, more than most and many people I've seen drink a lot as well. Unlikely because 3 or 4 people out of 20,000 throw something they will stop people from taking their beer into the stands.

6. No I dont think it is fair to have police with guns and whatnot there to guard over peoples behaviour like that. Police should be to settle major problems. Gun crime is one. Theft is another. I can settle my own minor problems verbally or using violence, but I prefer to use my words. Ever heard of logic or reason? Only if someone attacks my person, I will defend myself using violence. I do not need John Q Law to do it for me. if you think I am not fit to be in public, you are likely fit to only live in a bubble with your mom.

I am not apologizing for them, I am simply stating the sky is not falling. Taking away peoples civil liberties over people throwing bottles and using CCTV is ridiculous.

No people should not throw projectiles with the intention to hurt others. Do I want to have people banned for life and all these other ridiculous suggestions? No.

J .
06-15-2008, 10:12 PM
don't forget there was a time where you couldn't get beer at all at Exhibition Stadium. so it's not far fetched.

http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/topics/611-3276/

People use to also be able to take their own beer into Exhibition Stadium as well.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Using CCTV at a public, televised event is not an infringement on civil liberties, nobody is talking about sticking one up your arse to see what you ate.

"I recall someone once telling me of how ..."

Use facts when debating, not second hand recollections, and dont draw comparisons between south american policing and canadian. Things are different here if you hadnt figured that out.

We are not here to debate the virtues of anarchy over the oppressive forces of capitalism or how the fucking illuminati controls us through the media, we are also not debating the armed status of the police. We are here to discuss how to prevent drastic countermeasures being taken against us that will RUIN the excellent atmosphere we currently enjoy.

Even if the police were the nicest force for positivity in the universe, you would still be a fucktard for throwing dangerous shit at players, and you should still be banned from anywhere that your lack of self control can put others at risk, and you are still devaluing my ticket.

Countermeasures against fans are normal all around the world, the insistence that none will be taken against us boggles the mind.

By the way, point 2 is ridiculous, and has no bearing on this discussion, and point 5 is something that will be in the hands of the ministry of health and safety soon enough, and they dont profit from beer sales.

LucaGol
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
BMO will be so bad ass with huge nets in front of the South End.

Actually, f the nets...let's get those crazy ass cages like you see in South America...

Then we climb up them or break them down and have the cops beat us down with the batons.

That'll show all these Euro snobs what MLS is all about. Crazy mofo Canadians.

(insert sarcastic roll of eyes here)

Blizzard
06-15-2008, 10:46 PM

Since when are civil liberties carte blanche? We all have civil liberties ....... within the law.

Throwing objects at people, whether drunk or sober, could very easily considered to be an act of assault.

Since when is drunkeness an excuse for this type of behaviour? If you break the law whether drunk or sober, you still broke the law.

Getting drunk is a voluntary action! If you can't control your actions when drunk, don't get drunk. It's your choice. If your stupid enough to break the rules while drunk, it's your own fault for getting drunk.

So what if he paid for his ticket! I pay for my ticket and live within the rules of BMO Field. I didn't buy a ticket to get hit in the back of the head with a bottle or to be showered with beer or water from a thrown bottle or cup.

When you purchase your ticket, you agree to abide by the rules of admission. The ticket sellers are totally within their rights to remove you if you break their rules. Drunk or sober, you pay the price.

J .
06-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Prove CCTV actually fixes the problems you are claiming it will. Aside from that your blowing hot air. CCTV solve nothing but gives police more power. It also does infringe on your rights to not be videoed or photographed without consent. It will lead to people being subjected to profiling and so forth.

Just because you are a fucktard one day, doesn't mean you should be punished for your whole life. That is absurd. To claim your ticket is devalued shows how far off your logic is.

People who do throw stuff should be kicked out of the match, sure and if caught they are.

The countermeasures aren't taken when 3 or 4 people do stupid shit, it is when many people do it. Take a Valium. This isn't Europe, South America or anything like that.

Best remedy is to talk to people beside you. If someone does throw something don't run over and cussing acting like your some hard ass supporter, there are not many of them and likely anyone here isn't. Just mention the consequences of what may happen, be nice and joke around. Maybe befriend them and that would give you leverage in convincing them to not do it again.

J .
06-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Blizzard, they should be banned for life?

What if someone is "caught" throwing a bottle, banned for life and it comes out they didn't throw it.

Roogsy
06-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Snitched or not. Caught by camera, by cops, by security or by the freakin' mascot...I care not.

But I hope that whoever gets caught throwing beers or worse on the pitch get banned for life, period.

Anyone who is risking having a net put in front of me, I couldn't care less if on top of getting banned, they get sterlized as well. In fact...this should be an option.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 11:05 PM
You take a fucking Vallium yourself, your the one getting all bent out of shape about the fucking 'oppressors'

Just because you are a fucktard one day, doesn't mean you should be punished for your whole life. That is absurd. To claim your ticket is devalued shows how far off your logic is.

This is debatable. If you drink and drive and kill a family on the road, should you not be banned from driving forever?

Standing in BMO and watching TFC is a paid for privelege, not a right. If you fuck it up, then I wont cry when you lose your ticket, for life. There are plenty of people without tickets who want them, and arent going to bring down the whole experience for everyone by acting like an utter spastic.

If your actions put a net in front of my eyes, or reduce my ability to carry a beer into the stands, or necessitate a 'no standing' policy, then you are DEVALUING my ticket period.

I dont want my ticket devalued, and I dont want to have to break your fucking face either, so my solution is to point you out to security and hope that solves the problem.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 11:07 PM

What if someone is "caught" throwing a bottle, banned for life and it comes out they didn't throw it.

This is when CCTV is useful. If they didnt throw it, the CCTV footage would prove they didnt throw it.

flatpicker
06-15-2008, 11:07 PM
QFT (that last couple of comments)

get rid of these fuck-ups!

J .
06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't want a net and I don't want people to throw things to hurt players, but this banning for life and CCTV stuff... Seriously. I offered a solution and you ignored it. Cops or fighting is all you can come up with? Did you mix that Valium with alcohol? We can deal with the situation without going totally overboard and making someone live the rest of their lives in regret because of one fuck up.

Comparing drinking and driving to throwing a bottle onto the field...Anyways...

On a side note, instead of standing and watching, try standing and singing. Moving your lips to the words doesn't count.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
On a side note, instead of standing and watching, try standing and singing. Moving your lips to the words doesn't count.

What are you fucking talking about?

rocker
06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
BMO already has CCTV.
Look up and you'll see.......

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 11:39 PM
It's just a bloody camera.

You waive the right not to be photographed or filmed when you enter the stadium, otherwise we could all sue CBC for royalties couldnt we?

Richard D
06-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Once the net goes up the sad part is it will never go down. To be honest there is no way people are going to stop throwing shit at the players. Its impossible to control that many drunk people no matter what you tell them when they're sober. Ask and bouncer at a club...lol

Expect shit to continue to come down every game, then expect the net to go up. Its completely unavoidable.

(I feel like an asteroid is about to hit earth and there is nothing we can do...lol)

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Once the net goes up the sad part is it will never go down. To be honest there is no way people are going to stop throwing shit at the players. Its impossible to control that many drunk people no matter what you tell them when they're sober. Ask and bouncer at a club...lol

Expect shit to continue to come down every game, then expect the net to go up. Its completely unavoidable.

(I feel like an asteroid is about to hit earth and there is nothing we can do...lol)

It's sad, because I probably wont renew if the net goes up.

I would advocate a 'sit down shut up' protest that would entail the entire south end to take their seats and not sing, should that ever happen.

Marc"2L"
06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
It's sad, because I probably wont renew if the net goes up.

I would advocate a 'sit down shut up' protest that would entail the entire south end to take their seats and not sing, should that ever happen.

I only fear that when the nets go up, throwing shit becomes a go and a lot more people do it because...there's a net.

and if that happens, it's going to get really fucking ugly.

EverRedE
06-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J . http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=49293#post49293)

What are you fucking talking about?

Obviously realises he is talking shite and has no valid points so tries to detract by changing the subject. ;)

ExiledRed
06-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Well he tried calling me a nazi in the other thread, so I dont care what he has to say any more.

Ageroo
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM

I know what you mean...things seem to be going well...we are winning and then shit starts flying.....being at the bottom of 115 I am getting a shower from all angles....114, 115 & 116.......I really couldn't tell you where shit is coming from, but all I know is I get the spill over from where ever they come.....one of the disadvantages of sitting behind the net I guess....

Laurignano
06-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I have said it before and ill say it agian, people drink way too much at these games. Its just a big party for a lot of people! I goto Toronto FC matches for one reason, and one reason only, to support them! Thats the reason why I dont throw things on the field, or even drink at Toronto FC games. I personally find a drink in my hand makes it a little hard for me to clap! haha!

Brooker
06-16-2008, 01:00 AM
wow.

we just had an awsome game lastnight.... which featured Ricketts coming out party...

and some people here are worrying and bitching about things that are unavoidable?

yup, drunk fans do stupid shit.... welcome to the world of sporting! think you can stop them? not a chance. it's going to happen.

it's sad you can't enjoy the moment yet prefere to bitch/whine about this stuff.

you're only fooling yourself if you think making one or two posts on a message board actually changes anything. at the same time fooling yourself even worse if you think there can be a damn thing we can do about it.

self policing? pffft wake up people.

you can play mr security while i enjoy our win.

i wonder who will have more fun? :D

Cashcleaner
06-16-2008, 01:13 AM
No point in bitching or whining or anything like that. Simply put, if we cross the line we'll see a net go up in front of the Supporters Section. The people doing the throwing likely and probably aren't a part of any organised group.

Most people in the RPB, U-Sector, or NEE know what could be at stake if projectiles continue.

Brooker
06-16-2008, 01:18 AM
^^

nothing can prevent drunk people from throwing shit on the field....

camera's... self policing... more security.... no dice.

it will ALWAYS happen. dont fool yourself.

SilverSamurai
06-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Put cameras up and then kick out the drunken idiots. I'd even go so far as to ban them. Makes room for real fans.
Being drunk is no excuse to act like an idiot.
Although the one that looked like it came from 114/115 was a nice toss.
But it's so childish.

Barbarez
06-16-2008, 06:42 AM
I wish there was a cry baby smily. I'd use it all the time on this board...

Bobo
06-16-2008, 06:44 AM
Sadly, I think this is a preditable reaction to banning the throwing of streamers....people can't throw streamers, get pissed off and end up throwing something else. I realize that people threw objects when streamers were still allowed, but it was obviously much worse yesterday.

Mos Def. Though the actions are wrong, I can't help but see a little right in it.

adamdz
06-16-2008, 07:31 AM
I think maybe someone didn't like their beer that's all. Getting served a warm beer can enrage a man.

denime
06-16-2008, 07:43 AM
I wish there was a cry baby smily. I'd use it all the time on this board...
is this one good enough : :cryin:

Mark in Ottawa
06-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Sadly the stuff being thrown on the field was often visible during the TV broadcast.
It certainly gives viewers a different impression of the TFC fans when this stuff happens right in front of the supporters banners and flags on the front of the supporters sections.

Bad reputation for the team, its fans and the city of Toronto.

Mark in Ottawa
06-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Worse still than the possability of netting... what if they decide
to expand the stadium and end up moving the seats back away from the field?

Now that would really suck.

KdotOdot
06-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Look.

This shit inevidable. We have a fledgling team in a fledgling league with a fledgling fanbase supporting a fledgling sport on a fledgling continent. Truth is some people just don't know how to react. When I bring someone to a TFC game, they usually freak out and can't believe whats going on in the stands. People standing, singing, partying...etc. For some it's a little overwhelming and they just don't know how to react. So you get the "chuckers" who express themselves by throwing things.

I have to admit that I'm a "chucker" at AWAY games. I can' help it. We're allways losing and getting smashed at "AWAY" I have no choice. It's like a sickness that I would compare to heroin dependence.

But the bottom line is "DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT!!!" Beams is our home. We should treat it that way!! If you're gonna throw shit save it for a goal, and then just throw it in the air! After the first goal I got showered by beer cups being thrown in the air as celebration!

KdotOdot
06-16-2008, 08:02 AM
P.S.

If you make a law then I can break law. A lot of you twats seem to be looking forward to more "rules" and "regulations"

Flipityflu
06-16-2008, 08:16 AM
P.S.

If you make a law then I can break law. A lot of you twats seem to be looking forward to more "rules" and "regulations"

because of twats like you who throw things. if you can't control your 'urge', don't go to games.

rocker
06-16-2008, 08:24 AM
lot of you twats seem to be looking forward to more "rules" and "regulations"

guess you didn't read the whole thread, since most people are asking for personal responsibility and restraint by the individual not more rules and regulations.

But people are warning those who have no self-control not to be surprised when "the man" starts clamping down when self-control disappears. If one looks around the world one sees the typical solution to these problems: nets, screens, fences.

Fort York Redcoat
06-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Look.

This shit inevidable. We have a fledgling team in a fledgling league with a fledgling fanbase supporting a fledgling sport on a fledgling continent. Truth is some people just don't know how to react. When I bring someone to a TFC game, they usually freak out and can't believe whats going on in the stands. People standing, singing, partying...etc. For some it's a little overwhelming and they just don't know how to react. So you get the "chuckers" who express themselves by throwing things.

But the bottom line is "DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT!!!" Beams is our home. We should treat it that way!! If you're gonna throw shit save it for a goal, and then just throw it in the air! After the first goal I got showered by beer cups being thrown in the air as celebration!

QFT. Home Chuckers shouldn't call it home.

djking2
06-16-2008, 08:27 AM
P.S.

You're right my friend laws are made to be broken. Unfortunately nets are made to insure nothing makes it on the pitch. Without any deterrent it only gets worse as evidenced Saturday. A solitary water bottle landed first but without any obvious disciplinary action taken a few more idiots felt free to do the same. I even saw a full beer launched from the top of 108 or 107 that didn't come close to the field but managed to spray beer over most of those in the section.

One thing I can suggest is if Toronto defended the north end in the first half and the south end in the second ( when fans may be a little drunker) it's unlikely we'll be throwing beer at our own keeper. Then again it probably just moves the problem to the beer garden

pat416
06-16-2008, 08:45 AM
I saw the cups being thrown too, no respect for the other team. Lets change it Next Sat

blackandwhite
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
fuck the stadium rules and regualtions and other laws... There is only 1 law you should care.. you don't cost TFC 3 points because of your drunk ass.

Jack
06-16-2008, 09:40 AM
fuck the stadium rules and regualtions and other laws... There is only 1 law you should care.. you don't cost TFC 3 points because of your drunk ass.

And this, my friends, is the crux of the argument.

Who cares if you get thrown out? Who cares if someone's day gets ruined?

The bottom line is, you could cost the team.

All these other arguments pale in comparison to that one.

Steve-Tor
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
i could see the nets going up like that crappy one at Saputo stadium... but all the way along.

It's only a matter of time mate the way some of these idiots are acting:(

Parkdale
06-16-2008, 09:49 AM
And this, my friends, is the crux of the argument.

the crux of the argument ?

I think that sentence has been copyrighted by TiT. Are you paying royalties?

WHITEY
06-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Just wondering if you could educate me as to the point of throwing shit on to the pitch and what it is that you seem to think you are achieving by throwing shit on the pitch? Are you trying to look like a "bad ass"? It doen't matter if it is an "AWAY" match or a home match you looking nothing more than a moron.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-16-2008, 10:24 AM

you should care for all of the above, they have rules obey them or stay home.

alexintoronto
06-16-2008, 10:26 AM

I wish I knew that sooner I wouldn't have jaywalked today.

Barbarez
06-16-2008, 10:26 AM
here we go again :cryin:

blackandwhite
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM

fuck off...

ThunderBaby
06-16-2008, 10:34 AM
What I don't get is with the price of beers at BMO, why are people tossing them?!?
I'd be savouring every precious drop.

The Kingpin
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
the crux of the argument ?

I think that sentence has been copyrighted by TiT. Are you paying royalties?

I only have 'Petulant Pukes' trademarked... You can use crux of the argument freely... :smilewinkgrin:

ExiledRed
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
^^ I liked 'self serving and altruistic'

If you trademarked that and put it on a T-shirt, Pat,. I'd buy it. :))

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Honestly.... if the guy beside me decides to light a flare....throw a beer on the pitch...GO NUTS!

Its not my job to question him on his actions..Thats why security is in place...let them deal with it! I might not agree!

BUt hell will freeze over before i shout at the security....and point the fooooker out ! For doing what he did!

The Kingpin
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
^^ I liked 'self serving and altruistic'

If you trademarked that and put it on a T-shirt, Pat,. I'd buy it. :))

It would certainly elicit discussion... :stogey:

ExiledRed
06-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Honestly.... if the guy beside me decides to light a flare....throw a beer on the pitch...GO NUTS!

Its not my job to question him on his actions..Thats why security is in place...let them deal with it! I might not agree!

BUt hell will freeze over before i shout at the security....and point the fooooker out ! For doing what he did!

Then you've no problem with standing behind a net and having even more police and security in the south end.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-16-2008, 12:53 PM
fuck off...

dude, you back??? thought you'd still be on a multi-day bender with the rest of the turkish contingent after yesterday ;)

Steve-Tor
06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I know we can't, but here is an ideal way to deal with a bottle thrower:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tCV3ItTr0

The Kingpin
06-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Josh Homme is my new hero...

Barbarez
06-16-2008, 02:04 PM
The kid is 14 and hes got the whole Norw. police force on his back....

ExiledRed
06-16-2008, 02:08 PM
^^Nothing on Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson

At the concert in Oxford I was at, he didn't say shit, he just dragged the guy up onto the stage, twatted him with the microphone stand twice across the legs then kicked him up the arse as security was dragging him away (to safety)

SilverSamurai
06-16-2008, 02:12 PM

That was awesome!

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 02:13 PM
hahah

Josh Homme always calls out douchebags throwing shit from the crowd.

On QOTSA's live album he stops the show, points out the guy who was throwing shit and tells everyone to say 'hey asshole' or something along those lines for the rest of the show.

Anyone here in favour of throwing shit please go tell Josh Homme your thoughts on the issue. He will set you straight. :D

Broadview
06-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Would have loved to see the next song in that set. Homme was fired up, I'll bet he killed it.

Cas87
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
One of these days when we see someone throw someting at an opposing player he should through that person right over the stands and out to the street!

Stencils
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Are we gonna ban the sky from BMO? That was some crazy hail. That could SERIOUSLY hurt players and staff. Streamers look tame.

el rojo fanatico
06-16-2008, 04:41 PM
because of twats like you who throw things. if you can't control your 'urge', don't go to games.
Kdot is a rock in 112. We in 112 have one of the tightest sections in the ground and that is because we DO have the numbers in there to self police. Away games are a nother story. We are not there to make nice, we support our lads in a hostile place.
Football is a dirty,messy and sweaty business, when our boys score I get water and beer over me, people jumping on my back my feet stomped on flag poles up against my head and people screaming in my face and I would have it no other way. But NOTHING goes on the pitch. If that is not your style get to the side-lines.
Lets not all freak out about phantom punishment

Oblio2
06-16-2008, 04:55 PM
CCTV in the UK has weeded out a lot of thugs. They focus in, find the person and get them out. That person is then(depending on the severity) banned form travelling to away games abroad and for the most part, banned from the Stadium.

CCTV works.
Englands hoolignism problems have gone way down. You wont eradicate it but England is an example to those countries who wont even admit they have problems....Italy etc.

CCTV would work here and if it got rid of those douchebags who think its ok to throw shit on the field or at players. It's wrong and dangerous and just you wait, as soon as one player gets hit...the League's fucking fury will come down on us and you muppets (who throw shit...or think its ok to throw shit) will be the first fuckers in-line complaining that we just had our points deducted or that Montreal/Vancouver just got into Champions League instead of us as punishment.
Grow the fuck up-Stop throwing shit.

You wanna throw bottles, go to a fucking Jays game!!!!

Toronto_Bhoy
06-16-2008, 05:10 PM

I think I've seen that kid at a couple TFC games!

ExiledRed
06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
CCTV in the UK has weeded out a lot of thugs. They focus in, find the person and get them out. That person is then(depending on the severity) banned form travelling to away games abroad and for the most part, banned from the Stadium.

And this Reduces the need to have Cops standing in the aisles.

Roogsy
06-16-2008, 05:29 PM
If CCTV means less cops in the stands...then I am all for CCTV.

But if it doesn't...then not so much.

But I really wouldn't care...I don't do anything that I would be scared of CCTV. Maybe those that don't want it are?

Blizzard
06-16-2008, 05:43 PM

It depends on the gravity of the offence .... and obviously there has to be some sort of proof ie a police or security witness or CCTV. If it comes out they didn't throw it, obviously the ban would have to be rescinded.

If a keeper gets hit in the head with a beer can and there is a witness, ya, life would be appropriate.

I support CCTV for the above reasons.

Steve-Tor
06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
I know I posted this clip, but if you watch it over again you really have to wonder if it is a setup.

He calls the guy out but then does fuck all once the kid gets near stage.

It's almost like he is just making sure nobody throws shit at him.

Anybody else think it could possibly be a stage act?

Still, if it's not, so be it.

And, fuck any prick that throws shit on the field:canada:

Dirk Diggler
06-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I know I posted this clip, but if you watch it over again you really have to wonder if it is a setup.

He calls the guy out but then does fuck all once the kid gets near stage.

It's almost like he is just making sure nobody throws shit at him.

Anybody else think it could possibly be a stage act?

Still, if it's not, so be it.

And, fuck any prick that throws shit on the field:canada:

He threw a water bottle at him. But yeah, that is almost the same as doing fuck all. If you are going to talk that much shit to a 14 year old kid, atleast do something worth mentioning.

NoNameboys
06-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Heres a better idea. You all put on security uniforms, guard the stairs, the entrances, patrol the sections, check tickets, make sure everyone is where there suppose to be, wear whistles around your neck and when you see trouble blow them and make a lot of noise and point out the trouble makers...
Or just watch the game and let the cops do their job. Thats what they get payed for.
And i agree, we need CCTV to watch us. Were causing riots in the stands, LOL.

el rojo fanatico
06-16-2008, 06:23 PM

CCTV works.
Englands hoolignism problems have gone way down. You wont eradicate it but England is an example to those countries who wont even admit they have problems....Italy etc.

CCTV would work here and if it got rid of those douchebags who think its ok to throw shit on the field or at players. It's wrong and dangerous and just you wait, as soon as one player gets hit...the League's fucking fury will come down on us and you muppets (who throw shit...or think its ok to throw shit) will be the first fuckers in-line complaining that we just had our points deducted or that Montreal/Vancouver just got into Champions League instead of us as punishment.
Grow the fuck up-Stop throwing shit.

You wanna throw bottles, go to a fucking Jays game!!!!
Lets all keep in mind that we are talking about the MLS. I have not seen anything close here to the problems that England Italy the rest of Europe or S.A. have had. Very few problems in the stands, no pitched battles with away supporters outside the ground.
This issue with debris thrown on the pitch can be handled before we resort to a big step in security like CCTV. I would rather a small step like a beer ban in the stands and have all beer drank in the concourse. Nothing has to be done at all if this can be cut out, it's not like it's every game and a constant flood of shit the whole game.

cmonyoureds
06-16-2008, 06:45 PM
so the cctv didn't go over so well i take it? LOL
but the reality is the whole "we should point the guy out" theory? lemme ask, how many have been pointed out given this has gone on for more than one game? i haven't seen any, and i've got a great vantage point from 110!!
So given CCTV is out, and pointing out people CLEARLY isn't working, what's the middle ground? a net? god forbid!

Broadview
06-16-2008, 07:00 PM

I doubt it. The guy's a notorious arrogant prick. If it were staged I doubt they would "cast" a little kid like that.

Steve-Tor
06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
I doubt it. The guy's a notorious arrogant prick. If it were staged I doubt they would "cast" a little kid like that.

Probably right mate:)

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Ya it wasnt staged. Homme just hates having shit thrown at his band.

He would face a whole whack of charges if he actually hit the kid.

Much like Akon the singer was charged when he gave some guy a body slam wrestling move thing off the stage at some concert.

Brooker
06-17-2008, 01:25 AM
Heres a better idea. You all put on security uniforms, guard the stairs, the entrances, patrol the sections, check tickets, make sure everyone is where there suppose to be, wear whistles around your neck and when you see trouble blow them and make a lot of noise and point out the trouble makers...
Or just watch the game and let the cops do their job. Thats what they get payed for.
And i agree, we need CCTV to watch us. Were causing riots in the stands, LOL.

apparantly thats what some people in this thread would like us to do.

if somebody throws a beer... oh well. theres nothing i can do to stop it and quite frankly im watching the play on the field. :noidea:

why let it spoil a great day?

i agree with a lot of you. and if i could wave a magic wand and have no debris thrown on the field i would do it. but it's impossible.

after every amazing home game it just blows me away that people would rather bitch and moan rather than talk about the game!

Kenny B. seems to be multiplying.

Parkdale
06-17-2008, 08:16 AM
I think this thread has covered all the possible angles.

Anything from here would just be going in circles.

moving on to higher ground....