PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Bernier to Houston?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1306164
Itd be nice if he came here, we are in need of filling that position

Damien
01-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Houston really does have a Canuck fetish

Nuvinho
01-23-2010, 11:03 AM
does TFC have a discovery claim on him? MLS rules are so hard to figure out. I would figure that we would put alot of discovery claims on Canadian Internationals just in case they come to MLS.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Patrice Bernier is soild....would love to have him at TFC

twistedchinaman
01-23-2010, 04:29 PM

My thoughts exactly! I think they want to be South Canada FC. :lol:

Still, would be a good pick up for them; we do need a wing though so I would say if we have discovery rights...we better be fighting this tooth and nail.

rocker
01-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Houston needs somebody badly.. losing both Ricardo Clark and Stuart Holden. That gives them about $280,000 to spend on the cap. I'm guessing Bernier would probably want at least $180,000 to return (Gerba-Brennan range).... probably more. TFC already has a very expensive roster (1.3 million I think?), particularly in the midfield, so he's probably too expensive.

Keegan
01-23-2010, 05:21 PM

They really do I honestly have to think its Pat Onstad having so much influence at that club. Being 42 this year hes probably a lot closer to the coaching staff than other players would be. Also every canuck they've brought in so far has been a star or has been good so far for them, obviously Onstad, DeRo had crazy years there, Serioux was solid and Hainault is going to be a star.
Too bad their luck with canucks is going to change with Kevin Harmse... hahaha but Bernier is an awesome player when hes at his best, really inconsistent for the NT though

Keegan
01-23-2010, 05:23 PM
"He has delivered the best stamina test result in the history of Tromsų Idrettslag, surpassing even former Tromsų player Morten Gamst Pedersen (now with Blackburn, in the Premier League). After performing an amazing autumn season and a fine spring for the Tromsų side, they refused an offer of 10,000,000 NOK (approx. 1,3 million Euro) for him from the Turkish club Beşiktaş."

I don't think he'll have a problem in Houston or MLS

rocker
01-23-2010, 05:47 PM
how much would you pay for him though? Is he worth 200K? 300K? 400K?

There are many players we'd like to have. but it comes down to price and cap space. I'm guessing Houston has more cap space than TFC does.

ArmenJBX
01-23-2010, 05:49 PM
Too bad their luck with canucks is going to change with Kevin Harmse... hahaha but Bernier is an awesome player when hes at his best, really inconsistent for the NT though

ahem.......With our luck and reputation for players who leave, Kevin Harmse will be an MLS All star midfielder this year..

Shway
01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Houston needs somebody badly.. losing both Ricardo Clark and Stuart Holden. That gives them about $280,000 to spend on the cap. I'm guessing Bernier would probably want at least $180,000 to return (Gerba-Brennan range).... probably more. TFC already has a very expensive roster (1.3 million I think?), particularly in the midfield, so he's probably too expensive.

TFC would certainly be able to afford him no?
with the realease of Vittis 300, and guevaras 300k,
we have the cap dont we

(if my numbers are wrong sorry:rolleyes:)

rocker
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
TFC would certainly be able to afford him no?
with the realease of Vittis 300, and guevaras 300k,
we have the cap dont we

(if my numbers are wrong sorry:rolleyes:)

from what people have said before, TFC was already above the cap, paying down players with allocation. but we don't know for sure. For all we know, much of Vitti's salary could have been paid for with allocation.

According to my rough calculations (not applying all of JDG's salary and guys like Ricketts), TFC spend more than Houston did on players even if you subtract Vitti and Guevara's salaries from the total.

[NBF]
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
from what people have said before, TFC was already above the cap, paying down players with allocation. but we don't know for sure. For all we know, much of Vitti's salary could have been paid for with allocation.

According to my rough calculations (not applying all of JDG's salary and guys like Ricketts), TFC spend more than Houston did on players even if you subtract Vitti and Guevara's salaries from the total.

I guess thats the downside of being a club without an identity. I hate to sound like a prick but its like they only do enough in the transfer market to keep the beer sales high.:drinking:

I'm not too keen on Bernier, but he was pretty decent in the Gold Cup. Also did anyone check the list from IFFHS about the best leagues in the world? I guess Norway might be off the list for Canadians to go and apply their trade since the MLS is listed higher than the Norway league.:hump:

Macksam
01-23-2010, 11:12 PM
;862482']I guess thats the downside of being a club without an identity. I hate to sound like a prick but its like they only do enough in the transfer market to keep the beer sales high.:drinking:

I'm not too keen on Bernier, but he was pretty decent in the Gold Cup. Also did anyone check the list from IFFHS about the best leagues in the world? I guess Norway might be off the list for Canadians to go and apply their trade since the MLS is listed higher than the Norway league.:hump:
Canadians aren't going to Norway for competitiveness.

twistedchinaman
01-23-2010, 11:49 PM
ahem.......With our luck and reputation for players who leave, Kevin Harmse will be an MLS All star midfielder this year..

I highly doubt that -- even before coming, he wasn't exactly lighting it up for the Galaxatives; what makes the leopard will change his stripes now?

Shway
01-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Canadians aren't going to Norway for competitiveness.

damn straight...

money talks

Macksam
01-24-2010, 10:27 AM
damn straight...

money talks
That's all there is to it.

ag futbol
01-24-2010, 11:07 AM
T
I can't really say I've got a full opinion on him yet. I've seen games where i thought he should be starting every game.... and others where I thought "this guy is crap!". So after seeing that kind of up-and-down thing for the NT, i'll be interested to see how he plays weekly in MLS.