PDA

View Full Version : Should We Re-Sign Rohan Ricketts?

James17930
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
He's available.

He's a true winger.

He now lives in Toronto (from what I understand).

Seems a perfect fit for what we need, no?

Obviously there were past issues . . . I suppose it depends whom those issues were with. If they were with Mo, then I guess this would be impossible.

If they were with Carver or Cummins, then with those two gone, maybe a reconciliation with the club would be possible.

What say you?

billyfly
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
F*ckin wicketts idea!

TFCtoMUFC
01-21-2010, 09:13 PM
If the price is right.

canadian_bhoy
01-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Maybe the Lynx can sign him.

Pachuco
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
If the price is right.

Problem is, he'll still take up an international slot.

Canary Canuck
01-21-2010, 09:40 PM
He's living here?????

trane
01-21-2010, 09:43 PM
BC will love this.

colman1860
01-21-2010, 09:47 PM
He's probably out of shape, no?

Gixmo
01-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I dunno man.. Rohan's football is fairly solid, but the baggage that accompanies it can be a bit much at times..

dantdot
01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Just sign his shoes.

ArmenJBX
01-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Just sign his shoes.

Clever my friend :D

TFCRegina
01-21-2010, 10:26 PM
I believe what a fellow TFC supporter said once (actually many times) sums it up nicely:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW RICKETTS?

prizby
01-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Problem is, he'll still take up an international slot.

not if he becomes a permanent resident of canada no?

BakaGaijin
01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
He's available.

He's a true winger.

What say you?

I thought a true winger was supposed to be able to cross the ball?!?!

No thanks.

TFCRegina
01-21-2010, 10:46 PM
I thought a true winger was supposed to be able to cross the ball?!?!

No thanks.

Also supposed to be talented, and not lazy.

Ricketts was a true winger aside from the fact he's without talent, was lazy and couldn't cross the ball.

Great guy in the community though.

TFCRegina
01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
not if he becomes a permanent resident of canada no?

Great idea, then we can have the Whitecaps take him to fill a domestic quota when they enter the league and have them waste money and capspace on a talentless player who has one claim to fame...Rollin' With Ricketts. Oh yeah, and he spent some time with Arsenal before getting cut.

Hitcho
01-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Not even remotely interested. And somehow I don't think Preki would be either.

Damien
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
he played on my old pickup indoor team... the guys said they played better without him!

Canadian Blue
01-21-2010, 11:12 PM
no f'in way.........I would rather resign Welsh or Pozniak, at least they ran. But all honesty I don't want any of them

Bloor West FC
01-21-2010, 11:14 PM
NO!!!!! :) Sign him as a media corespondent that's it.

King Tut
01-21-2010, 11:53 PM
NO!!!

Marco2K
01-22-2010, 01:41 AM
I cant beleive 27 people VOTED YES. That is some fucked up shit.

Ricketts STINKS.

You guys love him cause he loves the fans. he loves the attention. But he Stinks. If you want this team to win he cant be here.

Dirk Diggler
01-22-2010, 01:54 AM
This thread has to be the "jump the shark" moment of this board. It was nice knowing ya'll.

Don Julio
01-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Anyone that follows his twitter realizes he's seriously lost the plot. He's got a lot of potential as a PR hack, though.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-22-2010, 06:23 AM
no.......lol what a joke!...seen enough of him the first time around

Voodooman
01-22-2010, 06:32 AM
he should be in the announcers booth

Brooker
01-22-2010, 06:33 AM
http://www.redstaplerchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/just%20say%20no.jpg

TFC Tifoso
01-22-2010, 07:35 AM
epic no.....

Mikey
01-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Hahahahahaa re-sign Ricketts!! ahahahahahahhaaaa :picard:

Is this a follow on from re-sign O'brien? If there's going to be one of these threads for all the players we have ditched, they'll need a seperate forum!!

Phil
01-22-2010, 08:24 AM
For some reason I don't think he would like life under Preki, especially if he couldn't make the cut under Cummins.

stugautz
01-22-2010, 08:25 AM
He's better than Nick Garcia

ManUtd4ever
01-22-2010, 08:49 AM
This guy was the greatest enigma that ever laced up the cleats for the Reds. Ricketts showed flashes of brilliance only to be overshadowed by prolonged periods of mediocrity. I doubt his work ethic would cut it under the leadership of Preki...

Section 117
01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
We can sign him to be a pylon in practice....

At this point why not sign Colin "I love pie" Samuel

Nuvinho
01-22-2010, 09:04 AM
All these threads about bringing in new players and old players (I actually wanted ROB back) is good for discussion, but its the players that Preki wants to bring in. I am sure no one would of figured that Preki wanted Peterson. I think Preki has a few more lesser known guys on his radar.

koryo
01-22-2010, 09:05 AM
We must forwards, not backwards.

Upwards, not forwards.

And always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

In other words, thanks but no.

Phil
01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
All these threads about bringing in new players and old players (I actually wanted ROB back) is good for discussion, but its the players that Preki wants to bring in. I am sure no one would of figured that Preki wanted Peterson. I think Preki has a few more lesser known guys on his radar.

That was the whole idea about having a manager who knows the league. It will be intresting to see how this all plays out.

Parkdale
01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
This guy was the greatest enigma that ever laced up the cleats for the Reds. Ricketts showed flashes of brilliance only to be overshadowed by prolonged periods of mediocrity.

He's got nothing on Laurent Robert.

Robert was 10x times the player Rickets was, with 100x the lack of motivation.

I'd rather bring him back (again, if he was actually going to play)

zeelaw
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
nope absolutely not

sweetlemon69
01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I actually play football with rickets now, and I can tell you he's not out of shape. He has a ridiculous amount of talent and is 100% level headed. Not sure where you guys are getting all this 'drama' perspective from. JC and friends blew at managing and had no clue how to utilize his talent. Anyone with talent for that matter. I'm a possession, oriented style player myself, play with the ball, and love that style, 100% on resigning him.

FluSH
01-22-2010, 11:43 AM

YES!

Voodooman
01-22-2010, 12:15 PM

a 5 year old is better than Nick Garcia, at least they know which net to score on.

Hitcho
01-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I actually play football with rickets now, and I can tell you he's not out of shape. He has a ridiculous amount of talent and is 100% level headed. Not sure where you guys are getting all this 'drama' perspective from. JC and friends blew at managing and had no clue how to utilize his talent. Anyone with talent for that matter. I'm a possession, oriented style player myself, play with the ball, and love that style, 100% on resigning him.

Maybe we should sign you instead then! :D:D:D

jloome
01-22-2010, 12:27 PM

He has great technique but is easily distracted and makes very poor decisions on the pitch.

For god's sake people, the man started for Tottenham for half a season before his manager was fired and he lost favour. He's not crap.

It's not that he's not good enough, it's that people have been blowing smoke up his ass about his "brilliance" since he was a youth player at Arsenal (not cut, by the way, he controversially defected to Tottenham).

His ego took over, he stopped concentrating on the game and he went into auto pilot.

Watch his earliest performances for us (including that two-goal game, where his intensity was nuts) then look at his last month or so, where he was basically a PR clown. He went from realizing his chances as a pro football player were at stake to thinking he was an icon again. He went from concentrating on beating his man and crossing from the touchline, to being kind of a low-grade "entourage" character, with folk like his cousin cheering on ever stupid move.

Early in his time at TFC, I got ripped for stating in a thread that he should stop shooting and concentrate on getting good crosses in. Bruva and various others ripped me for assuming that was a poor thing for a winger with two career goals to focus on.

But focus is very important.

I suspect under Preki he would be a good player for us, at worst a serviceable support/backup player. Whether his ego would allow for that, however, seems unlikely at this point.

When he was at Barnsley briefly, the word on their message boards (their fans go to most of their practices as well as games) was that he has great talent, zero work ethic.

He thought too much of himself and it caught up to him. Could that be remedied at this point? Unlikely.

sweetlemon69
01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
He has great technique but is easily distracted and makes very poor decisions on the pitch.

For god's sake people, the man started for Tottenham for half a season before his manager was fired and he lost favour. He's not crap.

It's not that he's not good enough, it's that people have been blowing smoke up his ass about his "brilliance" since he was a youth player at Arsenal (not cut, by the way, he controversially defected to Tottenham).

His ego took over, he stopped concentrating on the game and he went into auto pilot.

Watch his earliest performances for us (including that two-goal game, where his intensity was nuts) then look at his last month or so, where he was basically a PR clown. He went from realizing his chances as a pro football player were at stake to thinking he was an icon again. He went from concentrating on beating his man and crossing from the touchline, to being kind of a low-grade "entourage" character, with folk like his cousin cheering on ever stupid move.

Early in his time at TFC, I got ripped for stating in a thread that he should stop shooting and concentrate on getting good crosses in. Bruva and various others ripped me for assuming that was a poor thing for a winger with two career goals to focus on.

But focus is very important.

I suspect under Preki he would be a good player for us, at worst a serviceable support/backup player. Whether his ego would allow for that, however, seems unlikely at this point.

When he was at Barnsley briefly, the word on their message boards (their fans go to most of their practices as well as games) was that he has great talent, zero work ethic.

He thought too much of himself and it caught up to him. Could that be remedied at this point? Unlikely.

is everyone here fixed on the traditional game that JC and friends were trying to deploy here @ tfc? long ball this, cross this, all that's crap. Those are tactics used for certain times in a game, not all the time. players like ricketts play a completely different style game that nobody in NA gets and bairly even the premiership, except arsenal. I'm glad you know so much about him to say his ego kicked in.

seankeay
01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
50k for Rohan Ricketts??? Hell yes.. are you guys crazy??

Obviously he isnt going to be paid 200k anymore as he clearly hasnt proven that worth, but if there was an option to bring him in on a 50k salary then bingo. International slots are going to be used to fill this winger spot anyways so dont go saying hes costing us a spot.

If we can get him for cheap, fine.. if not my life isnt going to fall apart

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-22-2010, 02:07 PM
8 YEARS...7 Differnent teams..there is a trend here......

NOt even on the cheap would i bring him in.......He has no desire for the game.....if he did he would be playing somewhere to get back on track.

Canadian Blue
01-22-2010, 02:11 PM

So he plays well in a non pro, indoor league that I assume is for recreation. How exactly does this equate to being a professional footballer?

YearsTeamApps†(Gls)†2001–2002Arsenal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.)1(0)2002–2005Tottenham Hotspur (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C.)30(1)2004→ Coventry City (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_City_F.C.) (loan)6(0)2005→ Wolverhampton Wanderers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverhampton_Wanderers_F.C.) (loan)7(1)2005–2007Wolverhampton Wanderers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverhampton_Wanderers_F.C.)44(0)2007→ Queens Park Rangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C.) (loan)2(0)2007–2008Barnsley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnsley_F.C.)10(0)2008–2009Toronto FC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_FC)39(4)

Here are his career stats, take away the fact that many people were originally blinded by the fact that he has Arsenal and Tottenham on his resume, if the club tried to sign anyone else that could not hold a place on the teams like Coventry, Wolves (prior to being in the Prem), QPR and Barnsley (prior to being in the Prem) we would all be against it.......therefore I repeat...........no f'n way!!!!!

TFC07
01-22-2010, 02:13 PM
50k for Rohan Ricketts??? Hell yes.. are you guys crazy??

Obviously he isnt going to be paid 200k anymore as he clearly hasnt proven that worth, but if there was an option to bring him in on a 50k salary then bingo. International slots are going to be used to fill this winger spot anyways so dont go saying hes costing us a spot.

If we can get him for cheap, fine.. if not my life isnt going to fall apart

Exactly! I mean I would rather have him ($100K or less) than recent injuried and non-skilled winger we just got from the trade. Ricketts actually has soccer skills! He fits our need.

ag futbol
01-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Credit to Rohan, he is a great guy and solid member of the club off the pitch. He's always doing community work and what not.

That being said, the above is the only reason this topic even flies. This is 1/2 a level above "bring back Colin Samuel".

Section 117
01-22-2010, 03:14 PM
is everyone here fixed on the traditional game that JC and friends were trying to deploy here @ tfc? long ball this, cross this, all that's crap. Those are tactics used for certain times in a game, not all the time. players like ricketts play a completely different style game that nobody in NA gets and bairly even the premiership, except arsenal. I'm glad you know so much about him to say his ego kicked in.

Excuse for me sounding like a jack ass, but you play in a mens league....

I am coming from a back ground where technical skill over powers brute strength I understand what you are saying, but to say that Rohan failed cause they didn't use his skills properly is a utter shite. He was more concerned about promoting himself then imprioving his game. He had the potential to do well, but his lack of ambition on the pitch is what cause his demise.

ag futbol
01-22-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it would be a bit off base to say RR was technically sound but lacking the athletic goods. Is he more skilled than athletic? yes. But he's not THAT skilled where he can be effective (even in the right system).

That being said John Carver's idea of football is shit.

Hitcho
01-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow - I'm amazed this thread is still going. I expected it to get a couple of "Meh" comments and die.

Bottom line is that overall while he was here he failed to impress. There's nothing that has happened since he left to suggest things would be any different if we re-signed him. So why bother? New coach, new direction.

seankeay
01-22-2010, 03:32 PM
This is the thing guys, Rohan did not fail as a squad player. He failed to live up to the high price in which he signed to. That right there is Ricketts' fault... and he got cut. BUT If Rohan was on a cheaper contract he would still be on TFC and still be a guy we wouldn't mind having on the field.

I dont think this will end up happening, but its like Rohan told all you guys to f off and that he hated toronto by the way you are all acting. The guy loved the city, the people and even when we cut him he still lives here because he loves it!! IF he could come in for cheap, you take it and see what comes from it because at this point he would bring more then Jacob Peterson does and hes making 100k next year and blew his knee out.

TFCtoMUFC
01-22-2010, 03:36 PM
What if we signed him to a two week contract, trial kinda thing for the Disney tournament? No risk, high reward. He impresses then we sign him cheap, if not then we never discuss this again.

brad
01-22-2010, 03:59 PM
What if we signed him to a two week contract, trial kinda thing for the Disney tournament? No risk, high reward. He impresses then we sign him cheap, if not then we never discuss this again.

Don't need to sign anything for that - it's called a trial.

TFCtoMUFC
01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Don't need to sign anything for that - it's called a trial.

Sorry, was thinking of NHL/MLB kinda terms. Give him a trial. Doesn't hurt.

MartinUtd
01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
I voted yes.

Of course it'd have to be on a third of what he was making before and coming off the bench. You could definitely do a lot worse and its not as if an MLS contract is unbreakable if it doesn't work out.

Jack
01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Re-sign him?

No

Give him a trial and see what Preki makes of him?

I'd be up for that.

Pookie
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Anyone that follows his twitter realizes he's seriously lost the plot.

Who has lost the bigger plot?

Ricketts on twitter or the guys following Ricketts on twitter?

Ossington Mental Youth
01-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Re-sign him?

No

Give him a trial and see what Preki makes of him?

I'd be up for that.
yep me too, i wonder if he'd wanna come back

Shway
01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
definatelyy!!!

hes out of work

Pookie
01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
^ there is a reason

Oblio2
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
If he's committed, fit and willing to work hard AND play for a lot less than before under Preki, then why the hell not!

MUFC_Niagara
01-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Credit to Rohan, he is a great guy and solid member of the club off the pitch. He's always doing community work and what not.

That being said, the above is the only reason this topic even flies. This is 1/2 a level above "bring back Colin Samuel".

Colin Samuel has scored 10 goals in 32 league games for St.Johnstone and 14 goals in all competitions. The people saying Ricketts has no talent need to give their head a shake. The guy played and contributed at the highest level and fell out of favour with a new coach. Maybe the problem isn't the players....maybe its the GM and coaches. Ricketts won't re-sign as long as Mo is our GM. Fact.

TFC FORZA RPB
01-22-2010, 06:23 PM
personally i think a trial would be ok, but then i think about what would happen if he made the team,

the only way i could see him on the team, is if the club cut's ties with garcia, other then that i would not want to see him on tfc, and would much rather see someone from the academy step up, if at all possible

Pookie
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
^ I don't have anything against his play.

I don't think that building a "cohesive, no-nonsense coach in charge" dressing room is enhanced by bringing in someone who has had a very public (negative view) of management.

That environment certainly isn't helped by someone with a history of running to a very public social networking tool to express his views (rightly or wrongly).

That has red flags all over it. Ricketts is fine as a player. But Ricketts brings all kinds of baggage that could be very counterproductive towards changing the climate.

jloome
01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Colin Samuel has scored 10 goals in 32 league games for St.Johnstone and 14 goals in all competitions. The people saying Ricketts has no talent need to give their head a shake. The guy played and contributed at the highest level and fell out of favour with a new coach. Maybe the problem isn't the players....maybe its the GM and coaches. Ricketts won't re-sign as long as Mo is our GM. Fact.

Yes, I'm sure the stress of having a wanker for a boss made him incapable of beating a fullback on the dribble.

Marco2K
01-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Give my head a shake.

Thank god there is not chance of this.

He would be out of breath in the 10 min of a game.

No secon chances for losers like this.

v00d00daddy
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
All of the Ricketts v. Carver/Mo/Cummins stuff aside....

I (like many others) watched this guy play, day in and day out, and he did not look good on most days.

I could care less if he's ex Arsenal or Ex Newcastle.....that means very little when he plays the way he played.

Even re-signing him at a lower salary is a bad idea.

Dirk Diggler
01-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I didn't like Carver at all, I didn't think much of Cummins as a coach and I definitely have no trust in Mo but I still absolutely abhor Rohan Rickets. The guy was a clown of the highest order. There are about 5 other ex-TFC players that I wouldn't mind seeing again and Rohan is most definitely not one of them.

MUFC_Niagara
01-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Yes, I'm sure the stress of having a wanker for a boss made him incapable of beating a fullback on the dribble.

??? People on here think he couldn't beat people....which games were you watching.

What a terrible piece of skill this is...:rolleyes:

F9rhwRMDG6Q

AL-MO
01-22-2010, 11:42 PM
NO..

Batman
01-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Man, some of you guys are harsh.

I'd be all for it if he decided to be all football, and less PR.

FluSH
01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
??? People on here think he couldn't beat people....which games were you watching.

F9rhwRMDG6Q

I voted yes... but clearly his work ethic needs to change... and as some have mentioned his focus needs to be redirected into his game.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Give my head a shake.

Thank god there is not chance of this.

He would be out of breath in the 10 min of a game.

No secon chances for losers like this.

how true:D

Nuvinho
01-23-2010, 11:35 AM
let's also start a thread about bringing back Marco Velez, since we have one alreayd for Ricketts, O'Brien, etc.

TFCRegina
01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Favourite line from last season regarding Velez:

"We're putting Velez in? It's only the 70th minute and we're only up by two!"

ag futbol
01-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Colin Samuel has scored 10 goals in 32 league games for St.Johnstone and 14 goals in all competitions. The people saying Ricketts has no talent need to give their head a shake.
Past tense, not now. Guy HAD played at a high level and contributed, now he's scrubbing it. Abel xavier had 10x the career of RR and guess what? He can't cut it today. Maybe we can re-write that as: the talent that RR is going to be using on the field for the club isn't good enough. RR had a few good games but otherwise was largely invisible.

Chris Pozniak and Kenny Deuchar also seem to be able to contribute at an SPL level. Draw your own conclusions.

BakaGaijin
01-23-2010, 03:44 PM
I can't imagine that MLS would ever buy out a players guaranteed contract and then let that player re-sign with the ANY team in the league, let alone the same one that he was with when he was bought out.

Wouldn't they want the message to be that if you force MLS to buy out your guaranteed contract, that you are done for life in this league?!?

Yup, I think so.

Canadian Blue
01-24-2010, 12:01 AM

Good for you, you found a clip from the "one" good game he played for TFC

Inklink
01-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I'd rather have Mo suit up and play.

koryo
01-24-2010, 03:22 PM

Let's be fair. He played a good one-and-a-half games for us.

ginkster88
01-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Exactly. Most games he was transparent on the field, apart from his blunders.

Keegan
01-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Ricketts is total shite! Hes an awesome guy but this team is finally headed in a new direction why bring back a player from dark times?

We used to have players like Robert, Ricketts and Welsh and now we have De Rosario and De Guzman!! Lets find a winger who can get the job done!! We haven't had one YET

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Past tense, not now. Guy HAD played at a high level and contributed, now he's scrubbing it. Abel xavier had 10x the career of RR and guess what? He can't cut it today. Maybe we can re-write that as: the talent that RR is going to be using on the field for the club isn't good enough. RR had a few good games but otherwise was largely invisible.

Chris Pozniak and Kenny Deuchar also seem to be able to contribute at an SPL level. Draw your own conclusions.

Didn't Pozniak only play in the Scottish First division and not the SPL?

Workie
01-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Why has this been given air time?

Keegan
01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Why has this been given air time?

Seriously are people here for real? Has no one noticed that the best teams in MLS are always the teams with PRIME talent? Not the teams with guys who can say "Oh I once played for blank and blank and I was capped for blank and I played for blank and I once scored against blank".... so if you're soooo great why are you coming back to MLS for non DP money?

The only players who've really come from Europe and are worth anything are either guys on DP money (not all DPs obviously but De Guzman and Beckham are two who came after actually playing in Europe and starring for their clubs not after a layoff where they dropped down two divisions for a couple years and then came over). Or south american players...

Look at the best teams.... Houston, DC United, Real Salt Lake, Chivas USA... teams built on North and South American talent! European players just dont shine over here and Mo doesnt get it! You arent going to attract decent european players for LESS money to Toronto... period unless they are Canadians and take a home team discount. Why would an english player come here for less money than he could be making back home and inferior footy?

Ricketts is useless and thats why hes here. He would be playing blue square premier in england

Oldtimer
01-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Seriously are people here for real? Has no one noticed that the best teams in MLS are always the teams with PRIME talent? Not the teams with guys who can say "Oh I once played for blank and blank and I was capped for blank and I played for blank and I once scored against blank".... so if you're soooo great why are you coming back to MLS for non DP money?

It's funny you say this... then someone else starts a thread on scouting the CSL (which most definitely is not "prime talent").

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19845

:rolleyes:

This board is funny at times.

Keegan
01-26-2010, 01:27 AM
It's funny you say this... then someone else starts a thread on scouting the CSL (which most definitely is not "prime talent").

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19845

:rolleyes:

This board is funny at times.

How is that funny? That guy has the right idea at least! Prime talent must be young talent first and many good players have come out of the CSL. Wouldn't you love to have the next Tomasz Radzinski on TFC? .... or we can just stick with Rohan Ricketts

Gixmo
01-28-2010, 11:45 PM
After some of his recent 'tweets' I finally got fed up and moved him off my list.

Rohan's a good guy, funny and a real hoot - But his focus is in PR and his clothes/shoes etc. He did well at times for TFC, but then again so did many others who aren't here.

I'm not footballing pro but to go from Arsenal to unemployed, Something is up there.. (Although, his Twitter page did still say he was with TFC...)

Marco2K
01-29-2010, 12:12 PM
This post should be closed.

Rickkets could not even play at the hanger!!

Bloor West FC
01-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Rickkets could not even play at the hanger!!

Agree, although he is much better than me, still not worthy of wearing the red again.

JuliquE
01-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes.

/discussion

LAUL

MartinUtd
01-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Its generated apt discussion, why should it be closed?

And I just checked his twitter.. holy crap that's a lot of whining. He better have donated a large sum to Haiti to justify all that.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Rohan seemed like a really good guy, but as the team improved, he couldn't earn back his first team place. We should be looking forward, for someone better.

JuliquE
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Are you for cereal?! I'm only kidding, man. :yellow:

Anyway, I don't think he's serioux about life (Rohan, that is).

/serious puns

Gixmo
01-29-2010, 02:57 PM

And I just checked his twitter.. holy crap that's a lot of whining. He better have donated a large sum to Haiti to justify all that.

Not only that, just his constant whining on Twitter & every other social medium about being left out, and then throwing out props for his various endeavours.

He somewhat, in my eyes, sold out

yellowkitten
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
He would be an awesome mascot. Good PR, good with the ladies, and probably knows a few soccer tricks.
But in the game of football/soccer, teams don't have mascots. Oh well.

Luca
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
No. He was awful. A genuinely nice person, but an awful footballer.

JuliquE
01-30-2010, 12:50 AM
He would be an awesome mascot. Good PR, good with the ladies, and probably knows a few soccer tricks.
But in the game of football/soccer, teams don't have mascots. Oh well.
I think I plopped a little, laughing at this analogy.

Sadly, though, there are quite the many teams in England with mascots. :facepalm:

But I digress. What were we talking about, again?!

TFCtoMUFC
01-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Not a real source, but I talked to him on facebook and he said he has an upcoming trial. Wouldn't tell me with who though....

AL-MO
02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Surprised this thread made it to 4 pages.

NO.

AL-MO
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Rickkets could not even play at the hangar!!

HA. He isn't THAT bad.

Voodooman
02-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Not a real source, but I talked to him on facebook and he said he has an upcoming trial. Wouldn't tell me with who though....

Knowing him, TFC Academy lol

NateDoGG
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
all u people hating on ricketts should just stfu. where were u the day ricketts netted 2 goals in the 2nd half and gave us a massive win 3-2 at home?
he is a talent in football and would be a great player to have on the pitch at any point

ricketts needs a coach and a skipper that will work him hard, its that simple. he needs a professional backing and having it 100% of the time.

prekie would be a great manager for rohan

Marco2K
02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
all u people hating on ricketts should just stfu. where were u the day ricketts netted 2 goals in the 2nd half and gave us a massive win 3-2 at home?

yes i was there. Were you there for every other game that he did nothing?
Were u there when he was struggling for air after 15 mins into the game?

COME ON MAN

We want the team to get better. Not worse

AL-MO
02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
What's done is done, lets move on.

Lets say he went to the USL, tore it up and was looking for another opportunity I might be open to it. But not now. That ship has sailed.

ua-kozak_TFC
02-03-2010, 08:04 AM
He's available.

He's a true winger.

Obviously there were past issues . . . I suppose it depends whom those issues were with. If they were with Mo, then I guess this would be impossible.

If they were with Carver or Cummins, then with those two gone, maybe a reconciliation with the club would be possible.

What say you?
YOu are missing one very important point... HE SUCKS...

ua-kozak_TFC
02-03-2010, 08:11 AM
No. He was awful. A genuinely nice person, but an awful footballer.
i am not too sure about that...
In my eyes it seemed that he just wanted attention to impress the fans and become an untouchable like Dichio... and thus easy paycheck... The difference is that danny worked his butt on the field... rickets was all talk and show... but his mind was somewhere else when he was on the field..

James17930
02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
YOu are missing one very important point... HE SUCKS...

I was simply putting up the topic for discussion.