PDA

View Full Version : What happened...?

David
06-15-2008, 12:37 AM
The massive at 14:00 was WEAK and it didnt even happen at 54...i thought it wasn't even going to happen but when it did we only got through it once? What happened? About 3 minutes later you guys did it with section 111...The cross end massive is sweet when it works and i don't think the timed start should be given up just yet...If it's because of that though we can make two Green flags, one for your section when you want to start it and one for us and we can wave it in 127 once we recognize that the massive is wanted to start and vice versa...I think that could work out well.

Ratven
06-15-2008, 02:12 AM
I don't know what happened, but when we tried it the first time, there was just too much noise in the stadium to hear any response.

Don't know about at 54', but I imagine we were just caught up in other things. Everyone loves the cross-stadium massive, but I think it should be reserved for when it gets a little quieter in the stadium and ther's a lull in the action, rather than having it at a set time, because like today, something could be happening on the pitch.

Flipityflu
06-15-2008, 07:12 AM
the reason that it wasn't strong was because of events on the field. the hazard of having timed events is just that...on field events will take your attention away.

def fret
06-15-2008, 07:49 AM
'on field events' is where your attention should be. its why we're there

David
06-15-2008, 01:50 PM
'on field events' is where your attention should be. its why we're there

i don't understand what your trying to imply here? No shit watching the game is important but i miss alot of the match chanting, looking up at the sections around me to see what theyre chanting so we can pick up on it and so on....And when during a chant something happens, there should always be at least a couple people keeping it going so that once the excitement dies down in oh lets say 3.5 seconds? The chant can keep on going strong.

Just my opinion...

canadian_bhoy
06-15-2008, 02:15 PM
The south end started the massive at 18, but the response wasn't close to what it has been the last couple of games...couldn't hear it back, couldn't see any hand motions back.
The play on the field can tear apart a timed chant. Even Dichio 24 sucked yesterday because the action on the field kept people's eyes off the time.

BTW, someone in 112 was screwing up the massive big time yesterday. we yelled the first bit and he'd yell the 2nd bit on his own, it really screwed things up.

CretanBull
06-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Dichio 24 was terrible yesterday...I didn't hear it at all (in 105). It was louder when NEE started it up again when he was subbed off.

David
06-15-2008, 03:52 PM
The south end started the massive at 18, but the response wasn't close to what it has been the last couple of games...couldn't hear it back, couldn't see any hand motions back.
The play on the field can tear apart a timed chant. Even Dichio 24 sucked yesterday because the action on the field kept people's eyes off the time.

Agreed but 127 managed to sing it on time....What's more important, tradition or 3 seconds of excitement that you can watch a replay of later.

J .
06-15-2008, 04:05 PM
It did suck yesterday. it should be renamed to Dichio 23:13.

colman1860
06-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Agreed but 127 managed to sing it on time....What's more important, tradition or 3 seconds of excitement that you can watch a replay of later.

Are you serious? Singing a song is suddenly more important than whats going on in the game? Personally, I'm a TFC fan first, an RPB second. How can he supporters group be more important than the team???

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 04:28 PM
colman: Since when is the Dichio chant about a supporters group?

FluSH
06-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Dichio 24 was terrible yesterday...I didn't hear it at all (in 105). It was louder when NEE started it up again when he was subbed off.

Ever since the start of the year... this chant has gone to the pits... it's soo bad now... with everyone screwing it up... that we are chanting the original Dichio chant from PNE...

Oooh and by the way The lyrics are:

Ooooooh Danny Dichio
Dichio!
Dichio!
Danny Dichiooooo

Please people get it right....

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
the heat was too much for chanting....

FluSH
06-15-2008, 05:27 PM
P.S. Even La Barra Brava has gotten this chant right....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySxGYn_HOSA

OOoooh Vamos United
United
UNited
Vamos United