PDA

View Full Version : Sutton to NYRB?

Jitter
01-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Luke Wileman Tweeted this a couple hours back:

"Good news for former @torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc) goalkeeper Greg Sutton....off to Spain for pre season camp with New York Red Bulls."

TFC07
01-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, just wow. lol Good luck Sutton!

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Hmm...

The first thing that immediately springs to mind is being in the upper bowl at Giants Stadium singing, " There's only one Greg Sutton, there's only one Greg Sutton, like me and you, he hates the Red Bulls too..."

I'm happy for him that he's found a new team, but did it HAVE to be them? Better than signing for Columbus I suppose, but stull...

boban
01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Luke Wileman Tweeted this a couple hours back:

"Good news for former @torontofc (http://twitter.com/torontofc) goalkeeper Greg Sutton....off to Spain for pre season camp with New York Red Bulls."
Good for him.
Hope its more than camp and he sticks with the team.
I also think it would be awesome for him to pitch a shutout against TFC when they meet.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Good for him.
Hope its more than camp and he sticks with the team.
I also think it would be awesome for him to pitch a shutout against TFC when they meet.
I hope you're saying it would be awesome from HIS perspective there... ;)

TFCRegina
01-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Hmm...

The first thing that immediately springs to mind is being in the upper bowl at Giants Stadium singing, " There's only one Greg Sutton, there's only one Greg Sutton, like me and you, he hates the Red Bulls too..."

I'm happy for him that he's found a new team, but did it HAVE to be them? Better than signing for Columbus I suppose, but stull...

We should sing it anyway when we're on the road against the NYRB...get inside their head... :P

Shakes McQueen
01-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Yeah, our team losing a game would be fucking hilarious.

Best of luck to Sutton, but that still won't stop me from hoping he gets embarrassed by our team when we play New York.

- Scott

Canary Canuck
01-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Best of luck to Sutton. Hope it works out for him

jloome
01-20-2010, 07:43 PM
He's gotta be a step up from last year; Condoul is nuts and the other dude is a backup at best.

Good luck to him. I hope he's the second-best keeper in the league this year, except for against Toronto, when I hope he lets in 432 goals.

Redcoe15
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Great news for Sutton, and best of luck to him. It may be with the Red Bulls is Shite, but he'll be playing in that swanky new stadium.

Parkdale
01-20-2010, 07:55 PM
I know that Greg Sutton will always be a red in his heart (or possibly impact blue?)

Shakes McQueen
01-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I hope he lets in a soft goal against us this year, and then winks at the player that scored it, haha.

He could be the first double agent in soccer history!

- Scott

Parkdale
01-20-2010, 08:00 PM
He could be the first double agent in soccer history!

as opposed to some refs.... who are just single serving saboteurs

rocker
01-20-2010, 08:01 PM
TFC knows his faults by heart... if he plays against us, just shoot hard and low, avoid shooting up high, shoot in some crosses to see if he hesitates on picking them out of the crowd, and test him on his distribution.

Parkdale
01-20-2010, 08:02 PM
oh, and for the record, I will never be singing 'TO reject' to him.
He was one of our founding players, and gave us a lot of positives in that first year
(and trust me, we needed everything we could get).

We should come up with some witty, funny and good-intentioned chants to razz him.
He would expect it from us, but it doesn't mean we should be assholes when we do it.

Roogsy
01-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Good luck to Greg.

I will never sing "reject" to him either. It was not his choice to leave, he wanted to stay. He was happy here and wanted to fight for his spot.

Darlofletch
01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Good luck to Greg.

I will never sing "reject" to him either. It was not his choice to leave, he wanted to stay. He was happy here and wanted to fight for his spot.

Surely that means it would be a lot more accurate than singing it to a player we wanted to keep but who wanted to leave.

pedantry aside, i agree he should be treated well if and when he comes back to bmo.

Roogsy
01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
^ I suppose. LOL!

Hitcho
01-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Agreed. Original team member and Canadian to boot. Always be a fan of Gregor for what he did here. And let's not forget he played some blinders to keep us in games and/or stop the scoreline from getting embarrasing. Great shot stopper, great guy. Good to hear he's abck in the game.

Having said that, I still hope we thrash the shite bulls (although with sutts playing a blinder and keeping it to 3-0 instead of 15-0).

TFC FORZA RPB
01-20-2010, 11:43 PM
that is awesome news for the red bulls and Greg, I remember talking to him close to Jimmy B's, and it's good to see things are on the up for him

K1nG
01-21-2010, 01:11 AM
that is awesome news for the red bulls and Greg, I remember talking to him close to Jimmy B's, and it's good to see things are on the up for him
so you guys were telling the truth! was brennans wife really hot though? cans anyone vouche?

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-21-2010, 07:01 AM
Good luck to Greg.

Yep, I agree.

Gobi
01-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Hmm...
" There's only one Greg Sutton, there's only one Greg Sutton, like me and you, he hates the Red Bulls too..."

LOL! That's awesome.

Good luck to Sutts.
I'll never knock him down.

Roogsy
01-21-2010, 10:08 AM
We should sing it anyway when we're on the road against the NYRB...get inside their head... :P

:lol:

Great idea I love it!

JonO
01-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Not that I would sing it at him, but isn't this the very definition of a TO reject?

Parkdale
01-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Not that I would sing it at him, but isn't this the very definition of a TO reject?

yes.... technically, but it's better suited to people we DONT like. (like Cunny)

Roogsy
01-21-2010, 10:12 AM
^ Read above. You're late to the party Jonny boy. LOL!

JonO
01-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Fashionably late....

TFC FORZA RPB
01-21-2010, 11:31 AM
so you guys were telling the truth! was brennans wife really hot though? cans anyone vouche?

How and when did the mods let you back on the board, did they not learn from the last time. haha lol

:drum:

FluSH
01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
out off all the teams in the league... damn

oh well best of luck.... he will be treated with respect when he comes back to BMO.

Joe Kool
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Well at least he is closer to his parents now for babysitting than he was when he lived in Toronto. The last game I went to in NY I was tailgating with his parents and friends. They are all really cool. I am sure Greg is just as cool. Best of luck.

romburgundy
01-21-2010, 02:12 PM
I hope BMO remains a friendly place for Sutts. Glad to see him back between the posts even if its for Shite.

ua-kozak_TFC
01-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Good pick up by RBNY... Sutton by far the best SHOT stopper in the MLS... ground game is weak. But when it comes to stopping shots this guy is a monster. Too bad the management never gave him confidence. Saved us from a number of embarassements.. that's for sure...