PDA

View Full Version : DICHIOs ... Award for Nicest goal since TFC Inception

gtaguy
06-15-2008, 12:33 AM
tonights goal by Dichio was the nicest goal ive seen for any Tfc player.....

what do you think...

Laurignano
06-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I think guevera's free kick was nicer. But Dichio's goal was def. beautiful.

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Ricketts' second is right up there. Brilliant work to keep the ball from against two defenders and a shot into the roof of the goal...Dichio's was a lovely strike, but Ricketts did extremely well to put that second one in.

ilikemusic
06-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Dichio's goal wasnt even the best of the night. It was great and all, but Rickett's second goal tonight was probably the best individual effort/creation/execution of a scoring play in franchise history.

Now to be fair I havent seen the highlights yet, im only going by what I saw at the game. Dichio's goal was a beauty volley into the far side of the net, but Rickett's was just that much more impressive.

Taking nothing away from any of the goals tonight though. Three absolute beauties!!!

Flipityflu
06-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Ricketts second was my pick as well.

gotta say how great it was to see three fantastic goals all scored in open play.

tfc007
06-15-2008, 07:10 AM
It was a very nice goal!

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Why is Dichio's goal on MLS.net but Ricketts' arent?

In fact, where are the fucking highlights?

Ron Manager
06-15-2008, 08:02 AM
If you go to the quick kicks (http://www.mlsnet.com/quickkicks/)section, all the highlights are there.

ensco
06-15-2008, 08:04 AM
There have been a lot of comments lately along the lines of "we love him, but he'll be gone next year"

I don't think so.

His service to Cunningham was sensational, and the goal was the highest quality strike on the volley.

He was a house, and is a big part of why Ricketts (and sometimes Dunivant) had so much space out there.

Sure he's a great guy, but I think his quality as a human being gets in the way sometimes.

What a player.

(And back on topic, I vote for his goal against the Revs, as the greatest goal ever.)

Parkdale
06-15-2008, 09:26 AM
the Revs goal and this one were very similar, but the Revs was better IMO

His goals are nowhere near this nice.... but there are similarities:
bcsE_M19gVo

rocker
06-15-2008, 09:44 AM
http://mls.gotuit.com/?c=2008&p=216911&s=3036342&i=309908

Jack
06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Dichio's goal to end our season last year was pretty special too.

Shaughno
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM

It definitely was special, but it wasn't really a 'fantastic' goal per say. Not like Dichio's goal on Saturday and Rickett's second.

Rickett's second goal was absolutely beautiful.

Daveisonfire
06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Guevara's freekick, Brennan's blast against Columbus, Rickett's second, Danny's closer against the Revs, 23:13, Danny's low volly...all amazing in their own ways

Jack
06-16-2008, 09:27 AM
How nice is it we can actually have a discussion about which player has scored the nicest goal, instead of which player will score at all?

Shaughno
06-16-2008, 09:28 AM
How nice is it we can actually have a discussion about which player has scored the nicest goal, instead of which player will score at all?

I'm relieved. The board today, has been a breath of fresh air.

flatpicker
06-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Why is Dichio's goal on MLS.net but Ricketts' arent?

In fact, where are the fucking highlights?

ditto... why are the Rickett's goals not there!!!!????

BeachRed
06-16-2008, 09:34 AM

The goals have some things in common, you could almost call that type of goal for TFC, "The Dichio."

And yeah, it's great to talk about the best goal out of the three on the night...

rocker
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Dichio doesn't get a shitload of chances like Cunny but when he gets an opportunity he drains it. Think of the ball in LA for the first goal of the game (from the Guevara ball).. Think of the one against DC where he fought off the defender and trickled it in.. plus the goal on saturday.

Carts
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Dichio doesn't get a shitload of chances like Cunny but when he gets an opportunity he drains it. Think of the ball in LA for the first goal of the game (from the Guevara ball).. Think of the one against DC where he fought off the defender and trickled it in.. plus the goal on saturday.

We were talking about this Saturday night...

When Dichio gets a chance, he converts on a pretty impressive rate... Cunny's speed can generate more chances, but they are often not converted...

Carts...

Leprechaun
06-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Brennans free kick against Columbus is still the best goal I have seen by a TFC player.

MisterMacphisto
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
tonights goal by Dichio was the nicest goal ive seen for any Tfc player.....

what do you think...

Fully agree. As I said in another thread, for almost every other player in the league, that shots over the beer tent or in section 104.

The Kingpin
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Brennans free kick against Columbus is still the best goal I have seen by a TFC player.

Exactly, how soon we forget. Ah, the media generation.... :noidea:

ilikemusic
06-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Exactly, how soon we forget. Ah, the media generation.... :noidea:

Brennan's goal was a perfectly struck free kick, but I just dont look at goals from set-pieces the same as I look at a goal from play.

A beauty goal from play will always interest me more than a perfectly taken free kick. Just personal preference really but I see more creativity in Ricketts' goal than in Brennan's and in my view, execution is great, but creativity is irreplaceable on the pitch.