PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy vs. San Jose [R]

S_D
06-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Buddle with 3 goals for the second time this season, and there is still 20 minutes to go. :eek:

Where was this guy last year lol?

rocker
06-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Buddle with 3 goals for the second time this season, and there is still 20 minutes to go. :eek:

waitin for beckham to serve it up for him ;)

S_D
06-14-2008, 10:46 PM
That's what I thought too but I don't think Beckham has done anything this match. His last goal was a beauty header from a Jazic cross.

MFBODD
06-14-2008, 10:58 PM
So, that's 8 goals for the season? 6 in two games? He could have had 4 tonight. Becks lofted a perfect ball for him and he sent it wide of the far post.

A tad streaky!!! Still, impressive....

rocker
06-14-2008, 11:12 PM
well becks mere presence can open things up.
he certainly didn't have the service from diff teammates that he has now. and he has a better coach.

Roogsy
06-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I can't believe people STILL question Beck's value...

This guy makes BUDDLE look good...BUDDLE!

Red CB Toronto
06-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Edson is on fire of late, two hate tricks, great for him having Becks moving the ball up.

ensco
06-15-2008, 07:57 AM

Getting service from Andy Welsh

kdzb
06-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Buddle was good and he is still good. The problem last year is the Team, it was shit.
I'm sure that if Mo didn't trade Buddle and added Guevara, Robert and Ricketts to feed him the balls, he will play as good as he is in LAG possibly better.

S_D
06-15-2008, 10:21 AM
SJ had this left winger come on in the second half who is competing for a starting spot. I think his name was Salinas. He was full of energy and whenever he had the ball he caused all sorts of problems for LA and was one of the reasons Beckham didn't see too many touches in the second half.

With all of this scoring happening makes you wonder if Ruiz will be expendable. They sure could use some of his salary on the defense.

But then again if you are averaging 3 goals a game matbe you don't have to worry about the D too much. :D

Steve
06-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Buddle is the kind of striker that didn't fit in with us at all last year (not that any striker could have). He is a predatory striker that requires service. If he needs to come back to get the ball, he is useless. Who was going to give him service, Welsh? Ronnie O (from the sidelines)? Robinson? I ragged on his laziness a lot last year, but he was part of the Dichio 23:13 (in fact, he created the goal), so I can't hate him too much.

And scoring 3 goals in 2 different games is huge, I don't care who you have giving you service.