PDA

View Full Version : All hail Danny Dichio

bhoybobby
06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
What a game DD played, what a goal, his passing & lay-offs were superb.

Too bad he's partnered with that Tit Cunningham. Way to go DD & TFC, good game to watch:taz:

Leprechaun
06-14-2008, 10:28 PM
DICHIO WHAT A FUCKING GOAL! WOW! just amazing....Cunningham on the other hand played like shit and its frustrating just watching him.

yanggoh
06-14-2008, 10:31 PM
jesus christ that was a quality goal...the best of the three imo

Red CB Toronto
06-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Danny did it again, what a night for the legend scoring another amazing goal.

Roogsy
06-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Not just Danny's goal...but his play as a target man tonight was superb. ESPECIALLY when you consider that he played hurt all night.

That man is an animal and I swear the next time somebody sit next to me and puts down Danny Dichio, I am going to slap some sense into him.

CretanBull
06-15-2008, 12:38 AM
He played a great game, one of his best...imagine what he could do if he had a strike partner who could finish.

Laurignano
06-15-2008, 01:00 AM
we need to get another quality striker out there to play with DD!

bhoybobby
06-15-2008, 01:12 AM
3 weeks ago, folk were saying DD was done & Cunny was the man.

Well, each game Cunny Shows he's done & Dichio, plays the fiddle, dishing passes winning headers, scoring goals, defending.

DD's only fault is that he's woefully slow. But he has a great brain & positional sense,

NateDoGG
06-15-2008, 01:40 AM
DD proves again why he is tfc's STAR

DeAd
06-15-2008, 01:42 AM
i think dichio should consider retirement at the end of this season he seems to be a tad slow and gets injured alot all them years are catching upto him but he is clearly tfc's best striker right now. but cunny is so lazy when robert created an amazing chance for him and he didn't run and take it :(

hrvat87
06-15-2008, 02:42 AM
DD is Mats Sundin of TFC...always will be loved by fans,and will be apart of TFC for a long time...

Oblio2
06-15-2008, 03:25 AM
More like Wendal Clarke!

CretanBull
06-15-2008, 03:28 AM
More like Wendal Clarke!

Exactly...my friend said the same thing earlier tonight.

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 04:00 AM
i think dichio should consider retirement at the end of this season

jza4X4ma1Yw

twistedchinaman
06-15-2008, 04:18 AM

Too bad he's partnered with that Tit Cunningham. Way to go DD & TFC, good game to watch:taz:

We are not worthy...we are not worthy...

:D

twistedchinaman
06-15-2008, 04:20 AM
we need to get another quality striker out there to play with DD!

I wonder how much Wesley Sneijder would set us back -- the guy is pretty bloody good for the Dutch. Even for half a season...with our own Danny...

He ain't van Nistelrooy, but hey...

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Dichio has a magic foot,

It's like a compass tht is always pointed toward the goal, he doesnt need to even shoot, the ball just hits his foot and off it goes into the goal.

His goals look like flukes, because nobody else would score them,

Fucking magic! What a beautiful goal last night!

Brooker
06-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Dichio has a magic foot,

It's like a compass tht is always pointed toward the goal, he doesnt need to even shoot, the ball just hits his foot and off it goes into the goal.

QFT :taz::taz::taz:

Ron Manager
06-15-2008, 08:07 AM
I think there is a strong argument for that goal being the sweetest strike by a TFC player in franchise history. The only other contender would be Guevara's free kick.

Blazer
06-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Degree of difficulty + low percentage volley = magical goal!

Blazer
06-15-2008, 08:13 AM
I think there is a strong argument for that goal being the sweetest strike by a TFC player in franchise history. The only other contender would be Guevara's free kick.

It’s really difficult to compare two very different goals. Both deserve equal recognition but hoofing a ball on the volley the way DD did is a much different skill than any dead spot free kick. Hard to gage IMO.

Yeoman
06-15-2008, 08:13 AM
and my theory of 'anytime I go to the pisser/food I miss TFC's first goal of the game when I am in attendance' has now gone to four games
so I wish I saw this goal *sigh*

Ron Manager
06-15-2008, 08:23 AM
^^^^ Bladder taining my friend. Bladder training.

Yeoman
06-15-2008, 08:27 AM
what and make it longer for TFC to score?
when you do the amount of pre game drinking like I do, bladder training goes right out the window

Bloor West FC
06-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Danny Dichiooooooo played an amazing game yesterday! wow he was running pretty dam good to. I think his fitness level has improved greatly from last year!

Fort York Redcoat
06-15-2008, 09:09 AM
DD was amazing. When he went down I thought it might be it for him for a while but the way he keeps coming back is incredible. He was a Hulk that game that couldn't be contained. I'll enjoy him as long as he can last. I hope this Ibrahim kid is not the starter for next year or something. we still need that dp striker.

Jack
06-15-2008, 09:15 AM

3 weeks ago, folk were saying DD was done & Cunny was the man.

Well, each game Cunny Shows he's done & Dichio, plays the fiddle, dishing passes winning headers, scoring goals, defending.

DD's only fault is that he's woefully slow. But he has a great brain & positional sense,

This is some serious truth.

ExiledRed
06-15-2008, 09:29 AM
The man is a geometrist, he has all his angles worked out long before the ball reaches him, so that he doesnt need to trap the ball, dribble a bit, and fuck around some before taking his shot, he just strikes the fucker right there, and goal.

He is truly a master at one touch football, I'm not sure I've seen a player with attributes like he has ever before.

Truly unique, he deserves all the worship we've thrown his way and more.

bhoybobby
06-15-2008, 09:32 AM
i think dichio should consider retirement at the end of this season he seems to be a tad slow and gets injured alot all them years are catching upto him but he is clearly tfc's best striker right now. but cunny is so lazy when robert created an amazing chance for him and he didn't run and take it :(

What times the brain surgery scheduled for?:D

Dichio's got a year, maybe two. He's a bonafida footballer, a nasty piece of furniture that is awkward for the opposition, comfy for TFC teamates. A hold up man, scorer, he's a treat to watch.

Retire getaefucktyabassa:D

Jack
06-15-2008, 10:01 AM
The man is a geometrist, he has all his angles worked out long before the ball reaches him, so that he doesnt need to trap the ball, dribble a bit, and fuck around some before taking his shot, he just strikes the fucker right there, and goal.

He is truly a master at one touch football, I'm not sure I've seen a player with attributes like he has ever before.

For sure. When he's healthy and fired up like he was yesterday, he's a force.

canadian_bhoy
06-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Everytime you wanna doubt him (too old, too slow, bla bla bla) he does something like this AGAIN.

On top of that, he is one of the classiest sportsmen that has come to Toronto in recent memory.

TFC Tifoso
06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Spectacular goal by Danny D...pure magic

werewolf
06-15-2008, 11:55 AM
5 shots on target this year = 5 goals. Epic.

Northern Soul
06-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Danny doesn't waste his chances that he gets. Cunningham wastes most of his. Dichio partnered with another quality striker would be a lethal combination.

Oldtimer
06-15-2008, 03:32 PM
He's slow and at times awkward, but DD has an amazing sense of position and a true goal-scorer's instinct. He seems to always know where the net is, even when it's behind him! He is such a hardcore tough footballer, he always seems to be playing with such emotion and grit. He terrifies a lot of defenders. Yet, if you meet him off the pitch, he's one of the nicest players you'd ever meet.

Chevy
06-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Exactly...my friend said the same thing earlier tonight.

Danny, Wendell and Doug Gilmour could run around town robbing banks and nobody would give a shit.

Broadview
06-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Danny, Wendell and Doug Gilmour could run around town robbing banks and nobody would give a shit.

Ahhh...1990's Leaf analogies.

I'll compare DD to Dave Andrychuck. The goals ain't always pretty, but in a way, they are. Slow, awkward, gangly beauties.

James Oliphant
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM

You forgot Joe Carter and Paul Masotti.

greatwhitenorf
06-15-2008, 08:32 PM
An icon for everyman. Dichio is indispensable. A heart and soul player who makes everyone around him just that little bit less fearful and willing to battle harder. He makes a difference even when he isn't scoring.

tfctillidie
06-15-2008, 10:28 PM
after Danny D scored..If I read his lips correctly..he was saying "that's what I'm about"

Roogsy
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
The only jersey that I have a name and number on is my authentic long sleeve with ROOGSY 12 on it.

I am now getting a Dichio 9. No doubt about it.

flatpicker
06-15-2008, 10:59 PM
He sure was good to watch out there. I will admit that I complained to my friends a couple of times about the inefficiency of his quick short passes. He could have done better in that department but otherwise he was terrific.

NF-FC
06-16-2008, 06:11 AM
Dichio has a magic foot,

thats exactly what i was thinking. He has had so many "fluke goals" that maybe they aren't flukes, maybe he's just the best pure finisher in MLS. i'd love it if he had Wynne's speed and Ricketts dribbling but then we wouldn't be able to afford him

TOBOR !
06-16-2008, 06:59 AM
It was discussed on Saturday that Cunningham got most of his goals during the infancy of MLS when the overall player quality was lacking. Factor in his age and fitness level at the time and he must have been quite prolific. In the current environment (all things being as they are) it would take him 20 years to score 100 goals.

You saw what DeRo did last Sunday - that's what Cunningham's supposed to be doing for us. I just haven't seen it.

Somebody do up a DD daredevil style shirt and I'll likely buy one - or maybe I'll just goto the local comick shoppe and get one there.

NF-FC
06-16-2008, 08:28 AM
^Cunny scored 16 goals the year before we got him

trane
06-16-2008, 12:12 PM

I fully, agree. He is a great striker. He understands the game very well.

TFC Tifoso
06-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Hopefully I won't have to deal with people saying that football IQ is irrelevant anymore....Dichio proves game in and game out that there is absolutely no substitute for using your brain first and foremost while on the field....I am proud to have his name on my back every time I wear TFC's colours!

jloome
06-16-2008, 07:26 PM
I wonder how his career would have been if he hadn't been forced into a pure target man roll from an early age. He never scored much in England, but he never shot much, either.

Blizzard
06-16-2008, 08:37 PM
I wonder how his career would have been if he hadn't been forced into a pure target man roll from an early age. He never scored much in England, but he never shot much, either.

No, he wasn't the most prolific scorer putting one in every four games for QPR, Barnet, Sunderland, West Brom, Derby, Millwall and Preston North End but one in four isn't really all that bad either but certainly not the 11 in 28 he has for us although he did score 5 in 5 in for Millwall when on loan from WBA in 2004.

nascarguy
06-16-2008, 08:42 PM
so now danny has 11 goals so far 7 more goals and I'm going to have to make him a new banner