PDA

View Full Version : So Philly STH gets to pick their seats...

pekduck
01-15-2010, 05:36 PM
And their SG controls the SC tickets...

If you are choosing seats in the Supporters Section, you will not be able to choose your seat location through the virtual viewer. You will receive a call from a Union representative to walk through the selection process and confirm that you are a registered member of a recognized supporters club.

for what it's worth.. we'll see how it unfolds.

troy1982
01-15-2010, 06:07 PM
video of their stadium going up

http://mlsinsiderblog.com/?p=945

4evared
01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Lucky Sods.

rocker
01-15-2010, 06:39 PM
they are really learning from the experience of the previous expansion teams.

Oldtimer
01-15-2010, 09:01 PM
they are really learning from the experience of the previous expansion teams.

Exactly.

Before TFC came along, no MLS club had sellouts, so the need to have SGs control their own area was less pressing.

"Supporters Sections" were to move the more enthusiastic element away from bothering the soccer moms + kids which were who MLS used to focus their energy on.

canadian_bhoy
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
It makes no difference.

When we started, even if you had to be a member of a recognized supporters group, that would have only filled 10 rows of 112 (for RPB). Then the team would have sold tickets to everyone else (just like they did).

It takes a while to get groups going, but I appreciate the approach they are taking.

All I'm saying is that if we had 3000 registered members, TFC would have been quite accomodating to us too.

jimiv
01-15-2010, 11:09 PM
This viewer is pretty awsome...

http://philadelphiaunion.io-media.com/

pekduck
01-16-2010, 07:55 AM
It makes no difference.

When we started, even if you had to be a member of a recognized supporters group, that would have only filled 10 rows of 112 (for RPB). Then the team would have sold tickets to everyone else (just like they did).

It takes a while to get groups going, but I appreciate the approach they are taking.

All I'm saying is that if we had 3000 registered members, TFC would have been quite accomodating to us too.

last time i heard, they have 300 seats confirmed in supporters section, that was last november, not sure about the numbers today