PDA

View Full Version : Mixed feelings about next season. Is it just me?

trane
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
I am starting to think about TFC next seasons, not all the time as it is early, we do have not idea what our roster is going to look like. But I have very mixed feelings. On one hand I am looking forward to a what seems to be a proper manager, on the other hand I am dreading my reaction, if the season start with another 90 minutes of poor marking, poor passing, poor tackling, poor shots, no shots, poor tactical/position play, last minutes golas, blown opportunities, ect. , ect, ect,. I am getting a headake just thinking about all the piss poor play that we have endured over 3 seasons. There has been great moments. But I need a season of good solid footy. PLEASE.

Carts
01-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I am starting to think about TFC next seasons, not all the time as it is early, we do have not idea what our roster is going to look like. But I have very mixed feelings. On one hand I am looking forward to a what seems to be a proper manager, on the other hand I am dreading my reaction, if the season start with another 90 minutes of poor marking, poor passing, poor tackling, poor shots, no shots, poor tactical/position play, last minutes golas, blown opportunities, ect. , ect, ect,. I am getting a headake just thinking about all the piss poor play that we have endured over 3 seasons. There has been great moments. But I need a season of good solid footy. PLEASE.

That doesn't sound like mixed feelings, that sounds like mostly NEGATIVE feelings...

Its January of the off-season - instead of thinking about what might be 'poor' just think of all the things that will be better...

Have some faith, have some patience since we're in the off season...

If all the bad things start to happen when the season is underway, we'll all have plenty of time to feel shitty - for now, look forward, and come for beers tomorrow for a few good laughs with fellow supporters...

Carts...

Beach_Red
01-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I can't find it right now, but one of the commentators (Ives maybe) referred to TFC as "ambitious" when last season ended.

That's the way I see the team now. It was so good to get the coaching sorted out right away.

CoachGT
01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
The off season is the time when the slate is wiped clean and a new, fresh page of history is lying in front of us. If your new page isn't as white as the driven snow, if it has already turned black, then it's time to look for a new pastime.

Parkdale
01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
I honestly think this will be the best year of TFC yet.

The team is better than before (yes there are some soft spots, but there are also some amazing guys playing for us).
The support is only going to be better this year. We've gotten used to winning things, and we want MORE!

this is the year of 'piss or get off the pot' for a few players, and Mo too.
If we don't make the playoffs, MLSE had better be looking for a new 'Director of Soccer'.
I'm glad the pressure is on. Good things happen when people are fighting for their jobs.

Super
01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Meh. As piss poor as our play may have been last year, I'm reminded that we were only 1 point shy of the play-offs - and only 10 points shy of winning the league (supporters shield). My expectations are not as high as they were last year. I'm hoping for an overall improvement, but that's about it. No expectation of play-offs or anything - maybe then I'll be less disappointed if we shit the bed again.

trane
01-15-2010, 02:51 PM
That doesn't sound like mixed feelings, that sounds like mostly NEGATIVE feelings...

Its January of the off-season - instead of thinking about what might be 'poor' just think of all the things that will be better...

Have some faith, have some patience since we're in the off season...

If all the bad things start to happen when the season is underway, we'll all have plenty of time to feel shitty - for now, look forward, and come for beers tomorrow for a few good laughs with fellow supporters...

Carts...

I thought I had replied but, I see I did not. I see alot of positives, our chore is solid, I like most of our players very much; Attakora, Sanyang, Gomez, Cronin, JDG, De Ro, both keepers, Gerba, even Barret at winger, OBW; I like the direction they have gone with the manager. We have a very solid basis. I just cannot say that in my mind I am a clean slaight, the memories of the past seasons, from last game in NY to our first strech, haunts my mind.

But I do believe in the chore of this team and the direction we seem to be directed in.

Red CB Toronto
01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Each season is a fresh start for a team, regardless if they are coming off a championship or a last place finish. With Preki at the helm this year a new vibe will help shape this team for sure.

I also think a full season with proper training in the enviroment will make JDG far more effective, DeRo is DeRo and this team does have a good base of up and coming talent. I am always looking at a glass half full with a smile in situations that may comes up.

Enjoy it for your passion of the Reds, scream loud, sing proud and it will be a good one in 2010.

Two things I really think are key thought is the backline has to step up and Chad has to find that finishing touch, if that is even a consideration.

rocker
01-15-2010, 03:26 PM
i'm pumped for the new season!

maybe I was discouraged at the end of last season, but I miss my TFC now!

i need my TFC fix!!!

they better not strike/lockout. that would piss me off.

Wooster_TFC
01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
I think the reason you haven't seen anything done is because of the CBA. The league will (generally speaking) not be signing players with no CBA in place. And players will be holding out to see if the cap gets a bump before signing a contract.

TFCREDNWHITE
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Two words.

Julian DeGuzman !

This guy is going to carry our team, along with DeRo...on his shoulders!! Everyone should worship JDG....This guy is going to rip the league a "new" one within the confines of his position.

Julian DeGuzman !:canada:

dantdot
01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
No mention of grass here, I think that's going to be one of the bigger variables next season. I think the season will hang on whether Mo brings in competent players, maybe Preki's connections will save him.

TFC Bhoy
01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Maybe I am just the optimist and trying to forget all our troubles of the past seasons but I just can't WAIT to be sitting at BMO with everyone and watching us beat team after team after team!! I am so excited for the new season!!!

ManUtd4ever
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
I am definitely excited about the new and improved BMO Field. I hope TFC will be improved as well but that remains to be seen. To be honest, the current roster doesn't inspire any more optimism than last year's squad but I will reserve judgment until opening day...

Mikey
01-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Two words.

Julian DeGuzman !

This guy is going to carry our team, along with DeRo...on his shoulders!! Everyone should worship JDG....This guy is going to rip the league a "new" one within the confines of his position.

Julian DeGuzman !:canada:

That would be nice...He's been a waste of money so far. Here's hoping he gets off his ass and starts looking like he wants to play here in 2010

:scarf:

Oldtimer
01-15-2010, 06:22 PM
That would be nice...He's been a waste of money so far. Here's hoping he gets off his ass and starts looking like he wants to play here in 2010

:scarf:

He was not match-fit Mikey.

Oldtimer
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I feel fairly hopeful.

Having a more stable squad, with less churning by "Trader Mo" will greatly help with team dynamics. Preki knows he just has to add a few experienced pieces, so he asked Mo not to pull the trigger just to get another "gem in the rough" at the draft. Instead, Preki will be looking for trades or discovery picks.

TFCRegina
01-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Rain or shine, win or lose, I'll watch TFC. Yes, it's hard to watch them sometimes, but we've dropped some dead wood. Some remains, but every season we have the opportunity to retool the team. It's gotten better every season. I'm cautious in my optimism however. I'm no Maple Leaf fan which, by definition, is a blind optimist (I know enough, believe me, every year they're going to the Cup... right? :P).

The fact is, we have a solid squad assembled. There are some holes, but I have faith that we will fix these. I am cautiously optimistic about O'Brien White, who, despite being out of shape, performed admirably. Gerba will have a regime set up by two hardass coaches in Preki and his buddy Leo and this might help him become an effective piece of the puzzle.

We have 3 young defenders who've shown they can play better than out veterans at the back, and will get better.

But we also have holes in that defense. Our younger guys are getting better, but our older guys have been atrocious and need replacing.

Things will happen, moves will be made, and TFC will find some talent to fill those gaps. Of that we can be certain. Nobody can say there is a shortage of Canadian talent (we're using all of our international spots aren't we?) when we've seen a good number head to Europe. We will find someone, it's just a matter of looking for it hard enough, which i fear we've lacked the incentive to do.

With the stepping up of our academy program, we'll start to see some significant improvements overall in the team over time.

Keep the faith, and you'll be rewarded. Remember that MLS is a different beast than any other North American league.

Building a winning team for one or two seasons can be done overnight, but building a successful club for the long run is a marathon and requires heavily investment in all the successful elements. Buying up every piece your team needs is a stop gap. Building a successful program will ensure long term success.

We've gotten nothing but better and I sincerely hope it continues on this track.

AL-MO
01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I am looking forward to it. Offseason is WAY too long.

My thoughts are pretty much along the same lines as Parky. A little more pressure this year will hopefully lead to better results.

Oh and prep for the next season starts for some of us tomorrow! :D

TFCRegina
01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
I am looking forward to it. Offseason is WAY too long.

My thoughts are pretty much along the same lines as Parky. A little more pressure this year will hopefully lead to better results.

Oh and prep for the next season starts for some of us tomorrow! :D

:facepalm:

Yes, yes it does.

jloome
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
THis whole pre-season, aside from the labour issues, will feel very familiar.

1) We need a leading centre half.

2) We need a dominant striker.

3) Our wide play is weak.

Nothing has changed since last season aside from the coach, the impetus on the manager, the CBA differences, the DP, the fact that we have grass.....

We have the same issues to face. But we're better prepared to face them.

TFC Tifoso
01-15-2010, 09:29 PM
THis whole pre-season, aside from the labour issues, will feel very familiar.

1) We need a leading centre half.

2) We need a dominant striker.

3) Our wide play is weak.

Nothing has changed since last season aside from the coach, the impetus on the manager, the CBA differences, the DP, the fact that we have grass.....

We have the same issues to face. But we're better prepared to face them.

I agree with this...and I also don't really buy the clean slate idea....I see it more as a continuation from the previous season, and the fact is we still have quite a few roster spots to fill, and maybe still a player or two to let go.

I am looking forward to the season, and think Preki can bring some really good things to the team's tactics, providing he is allowed to fully control the team, but there are defintely causes for concern, and a need to fill them before the season starts.

Blizzard
01-15-2010, 11:29 PM
I honestly think this will be the best year of TFC yet.

The team is better than before (yes there are some soft spots, but there are also some amazing guys playing for us).
The support is only going to be better this year. We've gotten used to winning things, and we want MORE!

this is the year of 'piss or get off the pot' for a few players, and Mo too.
If we don't make the playoffs, MLSE had better be looking for a new 'Director of Soccer'.
I'm glad the pressure is on. Good things happen when people are fighting for their jobs.

Agreed. I've no mixed feelings about next year. I cannot wait for the season to start!

torontocelt
01-16-2010, 12:27 AM
It is impossible to judge how the team will do this season, there are way too many variables, variables that are outwith our own teams control. Preki is the most important step TFC have taken so far, a lot of how well we do will depend on this man, our success or our failure will depend a lot due to his management of the team.

Yagbod
01-16-2010, 12:55 AM
The CBA issue is choking the life out of this off season.

It chills me to the bone that we could have a work stoppage. My only hope is that the players realize how fragile this league thinks it is. I cannot imagine the MLS brass giving in to many of the union's demands right now.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the union's demands, but it seems that this league is built on a fear of failure. The players should wait until Philly, Whitecaps (perhaps Portland) and the Impact boost the league. Then they put their feet down and demand change. Now is not the time.

Extend the CBA for 2 years, and then push the league towards the global standard.

Whenever it is changed, I also expect a higher level of 'profit sharing' to be the trade-off. In a league where the cap is 2ish million, I bet even a small amount of revenue sharing would go a long way. With revenue sharing I bet the league would be much more amenable to skewing the parity in teams. Ultimately, this league will go the way of the european leagues, at least in terms of powerhouses emerging and weaker franchises slipping down the tables. I think profit sharing will grease that slide, while simultaneously allowing the players more security and freedom.

torontocelt
01-16-2010, 01:07 AM

It chills me to the bone that we could have a work stoppage. My only hope is that the players realize how fragile this league thinks it is. I cannot imagine the MLS brass giving in to many of the union's demands right now.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the union's demands, but it seems that this league is built on a fear of failure. The players should wait until Philly, Whitecaps (perhaps Portland) and the Impact boost the league. Then they put their feet down and demand change. Now is not the time.

Extend the CBA for 2 years, and then push the league towards the global standard.

Whenever it is changed, I also expect a higher level of 'profit sharing' to be the trade-off. In a league where the cap is 2ish million, I bet even a small amount of revenue sharing would go a long way. With revenue sharing I bet the league would be much more amenable to skewing the parity in teams. Ultimately, this league will go the way of the european leagues, at least in terms of powerhouses emerging and weaker franchises slipping down the tables. I think profit sharing will grease that slide, while simultaneously allowing the players more security and freedom.

The thing is if players wages go up will ticket prices go up? I would guess yes but how high can they go in Toronto? The MLSE I think are nearing the max they can charge, many people on this forum disagree, how much would people on this forum pay to see TFC?

ag futbol
01-16-2010, 02:06 AM
^ I don't think that really has much to do with it.

Much of what's being asked for isn't really monetary, it's contractual terms. Free agency, player rights, guaranteed contracts do not cost the league much more money. It just locks down the expense in place for a longer period of time. Players are asking for more money at the lower end (which i think we can all agree is necessary). MLS telling you they'd have to raise ticket prices to provide this is a crock of shit.

Downside: you can't cut Nick Garcia.
Upside: The droves of players who avoid MLS at the current time will give it a look, which in my opinion is a much better total package.

While striking might kill the league, failing to put a good level of product on the field while eyes are on soccer could have the same result. You can't always operate a business at your convience, you have to take advantage of the market conditions to control your destiny as well. The Krafts and Hunts of this league don't get it. They are still bitter they lost money on soccer in the 90's so they want this thing to grow at 1.5% a year forever. It won't work out that way.

djking2
01-16-2010, 08:36 AM
Whatever happens this year at least I won't have to read all the bitching about the turf.

So I'm good :)

Can't wait actually

koryo
01-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I just hope there is a season to be negative about :)

Oldtimer
01-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Ultimately, this league will go the way of the european leagues, at least in terms of powerhouses emerging and weaker franchises slipping down the tables. I think profit sharing will grease that slide, while simultaneously allowing the players more security and freedom.

Very insightful. That is actually how it happened in Germany. Originally, the Bundesliga had tonnes of roster restrictions, etc. and relative parity. Eventually the league dropped those restrictions, and powerhouses emerged.

canadian_bhoy
01-16-2010, 10:34 AM
This upcoming season is a win/win for the fans IMO. Mo doesn't have the wiggle room that he used to, it's time for results.

That's great for us because either TFC will be a success this year or Mo will get bounced and a big shake-up to the roster will happen.

either way, we win.

polak9pete
01-16-2010, 11:35 AM
man I'm super pumped for this season I can't wait anymore.

1. Preki
2. full season for de Guzman
3. hopefully O'Brian White breaks out
4. grass at BMO
5. definately some new players coming in since the roster is kinda short right now
6. hopefully Gerba finds his form

CAN'T WAIT for preseason

jazzy
01-16-2010, 01:38 PM

I don't think anyone playing in our league should be making 17,000 to 35,000. The minimum has to be raised.

jazzy
01-16-2010, 01:43 PM
This upcoming season is a win/win for the fans IMO. Mo doesn't have the wiggle room that he used to, it's time for results.

That's great for us because either TFC will be a success this year or Mo will get bounced and a big shake-up to the roster will happen.

either way, we win.

Dreamer, I can't see Mo being bounced but hope you're right, What execs actually know football @ MLSE? Remember our ownership and it's executive heavy. All the while the other newer teams are way past us. We will have to be very demanding!

TFC07
01-16-2010, 02:19 PM

either way, we win.

Agreed, even though last season was suppose to be like that....but instead, MLSE extended Mo's contract. :facepalm:

TFC07
01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Dreamer, I can't see Mo being bounced but hope you're right, What execs actually know football @ MLSE? Remember our ownership and it's executive heavy. All the while the other newer teams are way past us. We will have to be very demanding!

You're right. They might not know soccer at all, but they do know how important it is for TFC to make it to the playoffs this season so(causal) fans still have interest on this team. Right now, the interest is dying off, and MLSE knows that.

TFC07
01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
My feelings for this upcoming season: I too have mixed feelings about this season. We didn't really improve much at all. We still lack quality defenders, wingers and a striker (with speed and natural scoring ability). But on the bright side, we got a quality coach, grass and our core players aren't too bad at all.

Redcoe15
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I had high hopes last season, and they were grounded out. What's worse is just how much of a difference our side would have been if they were able to capitalize on half their scoring chances and were able to not give up goals past the 75 minute mark. What's more, the team that squeaked past us on the last day of the season, Real Salt Lake, went on to win it all.

So with a new coach, new turf, and some new players that came in later in the season, I'd like to have the same high hopes that I had last season. But, you never know. :(

Cashcleaner
01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm sorta mixed about the upcoming season as well. On one hand, I'm really glad the Johnston/Carver/Cummins coaching drama is behind us; but on the other hand, I'm still expecting more changes to the squad. We still have a feel of incompleteness with the team. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but we seem about 90% to the place we want to be.

The other factor I'm considering is the status of the NCC. As far as I'm concerned, things are still up in the air for the Impact and Whitecaps regarding their eligibility for the tournament. I mean, I think that they are most likely going to take part, but I don't think that's been 100% confirmed.

The main thing is that we've got the grass coming in and the Argos off our backs for the forseeable future. That should mean more effort devoted to putting together a play-off contention team.

rocker
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
The other factor I'm considering is the status of the NCC. As far as I'm concerned, things are still up in the air for the Impact and Whitecaps regarding their eligibility for the tournament. I mean, I think that they are most likely going to take part, but I don't think that's been 100% confirmed..

everything's OK on that front. the CSA has given its stamp of approval for the 2010 NCC with the Caps, Limp act, and TFC. The big question was whether CONCACAF would allow the winner of the NCC to go to champions league.. But now with the USSF approving of the new Div 2 (with Caps and Limp Act in the NASL conference/division) it should be fine.

We gotta hold up our unbeaten streak against Montreal... 3 wins and a tie! :)

TFC christened Stade Saputo with its first goal.. then won the NCC there... it's a good luck field ;)

Roogsy
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I start every season with no expectations but only hopes.

And with DeRo and yes even the overpaid DeGuzman, I see playoffs at least with this team.

And a manager that will be here for the entire season! Imagine that!

TFC may fumble and bumble...but sometimes even while in the midst of shooting oneself in the foot, you may find some success on the pitch. I think this is the year (finally) and if we get into the playoffs, we have some players that could carry us deep.

So I will choose not to be negative until we get closer to the first game and Mo still hasn't found us a decent defender... :D

TFCRegina
01-16-2010, 03:28 PM

And with DeRo and yes even the overpaid DeGuzman, I see playoffs at least with this team.

TFC may fumble and bumble...but sometimes even while in the midst of shooting oneself in the foot, you may find some success on the pitch. I think this is the year (finally) and if we get into the playoffs, we have some players that could carry us deep.

So I will choose not to be negative until we get closer to the first game and Mo still hasn't found us a decent defender... :D

I maintain the team we have now is better than the one we started the season with last year. And we have a manager that has proven he can make playoffs. It's just a matter of finding a few weapons to fill the gaping holes in certain parts of our team.

Mark in Ottawa
01-16-2010, 04:50 PM
While I am hopeful that TFC will improve their on field performance I also believe in setting personal expectations for the team and my own experience with them to come...
Do I expect them to win every game? No
Do I expect them to try and win every game... from kickoff to final whistle? Yes
Do I expect them to improve upon last season vis a vis late game performance? Yes
Do I expect that the team/franchise will truly care what the fans think? No
Do I expect that the franchise will worry if support, and cash flow, starts to drop off? Yes
Do I expect to enjoy myself supporting the team? Yes
Do I expect the team to improve to the point where they make the playoffs? Yes

Am I impatient for the season to start? Not yet... but I think I will be before long.

trane
01-16-2010, 05:07 PM

I am laying of Mo until the MLS contract talks are done, right now he has an excuse.

Roogsy
01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I am laying of Mo until the MLS contract talks are done, right now he has an excuse.

Yup. If we go into our first game like last year with him still "looking" for a defender...I am officially going into "Mo Blasting" mode.

james
01-16-2010, 06:00 PM
im actually really excited for this comming season. And all though MLSE in the passed decade havent reeally given a shit how there teams do i am starting to think MLSE is starting to feel the pressure a bit from Leaf, Raptors and TFC fans that Toronto seriously needs to get a winning team. I think Toronto has some good players, and got some great young players in the near future who might make a power house for TFC. This year i think will be a forsure inprovement from last season, Champions in 2010??? i dont know its MLS anyone can win once you make the playoffs. I truelly think tho few years from now we will be a great team.

Shakes McQueen
01-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Yup. If we go into our first game like last year with him still "looking" for a defender...I am officially going into "Mo Blasting" mode.

Same here. I assume some moves are still going to be made regarding our roster, once the contract dispute is settled?

If we walk into next season with the team as it stands now, I will be a very unhappy guy. All we've done so far is shed some talent, and pick up a 17 year old.

- Scott

Pookie
01-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Am I looking forward to the season in terms of performance on the field? I have mixed expectations and high hopes. Not sold on the Mo-Preki balance of power situation and that it won't unravel if times get tough. Not sold on our ability to score and defend a lead when it matters. But I am sold on the idea of change, a full season of JDG and the cap room that should translate into players to address the above.

But am I looking forward to a cold home opener? Seeing BMO in lights and the game played on grass? Of kicking the ball around in the parking lot with my kids? Of holding my daughter up to the sky when we score? Of watching my son wave his supporter's flag with pride? Of singing next to complete strangers and knowing they get "it" too? Of post game chanting in the summer heat? Of being in a parade (not THAT parade... not that there is anything wrong with it) of red and white marching to a stadium to ignite the masses? Of rain soaked humid afternoon games and late winter playoff chases? And of the lights being turned out at the end of it all and being incredibly thankful for being alive to have experienced it all?

You betcha.

ag futbol
01-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Does nobody have the plane tickets to brazil ready yet?

ArmenJBX
01-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Technically we can't even play in this league yet, because we don't have enough players to even field a lineup with subs.

I can see us bringing in a lot of players in the 25-29 age group this year. Maybe a guy like Will Johnson or Dejan Jakovic.

I'm also hearing rumbles of a Carlos Calvo from Spain.

TFC07
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Carlos Calvo?

Nuvinho
01-17-2010, 06:53 PM
^^ Calvo is a decent player....why would he leave Xerez?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Calvo_Sobrado

ag futbol
01-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Despite being a complete league dormat, I`ve seen enough of La Liga this year to say that Xerez has a few players. I assume he'd have a few options before coming over to MLS.

Where is the info coming from?

TFC_Junky
01-18-2010, 08:16 AM
But am I looking forward to a cold home opener? Seeing BMO in lights and the game played on grass? Of kicking the ball around in the parking lot with my kids? Of holding my daughter up to the sky when we score? Of watching my son wave his supporter's flag with pride? Of singing next to complete strangers and knowing they get "it" too? Of post game chanting in the summer heat? Of being in a parade (not THAT parade... not that there is anything wrong with it) of red and white marching to a stadium to ignite the masses? Of rain soaked humid afternoon games and late winter playoff chases? And of the lights being turned out at the end of it all and being incredibly thankful for being alive to have experienced it all?

You betcha.

Best. Post. Ever!

Manutd27
01-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Oddly just a few weeks ago I would have said I had mixed feeling about the upcoming season and that I was not very excited in truth. But in the past few weeks, and to be honest I have no idea why, I have been able to think of little else beside the coming season and I have become more excited than I can remember about TFC for quite some time. I think this season is going to be great, we have a proven MLS manager, grass!!!, hopefully a squad ( prehaps not yet complete ) but one that won't be changed every week so we can build consistancy and a good team chemistry, and we have the most passionate fans that any team could want behind them. Not to sound too ridiculous but really I have been thinking of match day in great detail, the smell of the food, the chants, the buzz of the home opener, the matchday programs ( hopefully these are a go ), just everything! I think sometime we take for granted how amazing it is that we have this team and sold out crowd every match, we get lost in the obsession for results and forget about the passion for the game itself. Here's to another great season for ourselves, our city and our club!
Cheers!

Manutd27
01-18-2010, 08:39 AM

You betcha.[/quote]

Great post!!!!:scarf:

trane
01-18-2010, 09:37 AM

Agreed.

mastermixer
01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
The thing with the MLS is that a lot of unknown (to most soccer fans) players come to play their careers here and its hard to see how they pan out until they are actually on the field. Remember how excited we were about Vitti and look how that worked out. I think we have a good base group of players (JDG, DeRo, Cronin, Frei) to build around but we need some of those unknowns to come in here and make a difference.

fetajr
01-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Have faith in Preki.

Guevara is long gone, which is a good thing b/c, 1) they have already begun defining this team, its strategy, its system and Guevara became a spare part, 2) Guevara would have been missing anyway for about a month during the world cup, causing headaches and instability on TFC's roster during that time.

I don't think talent was the issue last year (at least toward the end), it was the fact that we had clueless individuals running the team since day 1 in 2007.