PDA

View Full Version : Who is Jason Gavin?

[NBF]
01-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Who is Jason Gavin? Does he play centre-half?

Jason Gavin, 29, Irish, and former Ireland under-21 defender, played for Middlesbroughs, countles other clubs in L1, L2, and League Of Ireland. He last played for Shamrock Rovers, Drogheda Utd., and St.Patrick Athletic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Gavin

Yay or nay? Lots of experience:rolleyes:

Oldtimer
01-13-2010, 07:45 AM
He hasn't played enough at a high level to make him a "shoo-in." He should be a trialist.

Voodooman
01-13-2010, 11:37 AM
have to give everyone a trial before signing from now on, or else we will get another vitti

trane
01-13-2010, 11:43 AM
This cannot be answered without having seen him play. He played at high enough competition that if he looked good for those sides I would sign him. But if no one has seen him play then he needs to be put on trial. There certanly shuld be some video of his games for the TFC staff to watch. My concern is that it does not look as if he has played in while. He has been on squads but has not gotten any playing time.

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
? Has he been linked with the team?

Headed for the Australia State League:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sunny-side-up-for-delaney-down-under-2002656.html

Darlofletch
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Meh!

Andy Welsh's career looks glittering compared to him. no need to be using international spots on such mediocrity.

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-13-2010, 02:29 PM
If we want a LOI player, Ryan Guy was released along with Jason Gavin. He's a solid winger. Bohemian have a player named Killian Brennan who's a good winger player as well. There's some talent in the Irish League, I just don't think a player who's looking to play semi-pro football in Australia has the ambition the team's looking for.

Canadian Blue
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
L1, L2 and the League of Ireland......seriously? L1 is comparable to MLS, L2 only slightly below and LoI.....may as well be amateur.......therefor no really experience at all. Remember that useless twat Ricketts that was on the payroll of Arsenal and Tottenham??

UltraSuperMegaMo
01-13-2010, 11:02 PM
LOI has some quality players. They players I mentioned, Ryan Guy turned down the MLS and Killian Brennan is being tracked by a couple of Championship sides. A good team looks for players everywhere.