PDA

View Full Version : DSG to get terraces

deltox
01-12-2010, 12:21 PM
i just read on BS that the rapids are installing terraces behind one of the goals...

standing only would work for us

Oldtimer
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
i just read on BS that the rapids are installing terraces behind one of the goals...

standing only would work for us

I don't think that would be legal in Ontario. I believe that the code for stadiums require all-seaters.

stugautz
01-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Didn't the rapids chase out some of their fans for being to vocal or something like that?

Toronto Ruffrider
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't think that would be legal in Ontario. I believe that the code for stadiums require all-seaters.

Really? The ACC has always had standing room; it consists of a single row at the top of the upper bowl. Perhaps actual terraces are not to code in Ontario, but I'd be very interested in reading some specifics.

Toronto Ruffrider
01-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Didn't the rapids chase out some of their fans for being to vocal or something like that?

Yep. I still believe that this move has more to do with containing the supporter "problem" than providing an actual outlet for supporters.

Canary Canuck
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
It's just those dinky little temp stands in the open end of the stadium. They're sticking the hard cores there to isolate them on an island and keep them away from the soccer moms. And yes, they have been hostile to supporters in the past and complained that the hardcores made certain sections "unsellable".