PDA

View Full Version : DON'T FORGET: The New Streamer Rule

Lucky Strike
06-14-2008, 01:39 PM
In case some of you have somehow missed it all, streamers cannot be thrown at/near players and this includes corner kicks. They still can be used for goal celebrations as well as before and after the match.

If you did know about the change, be sure to respect it and encourage others to do so as well. Columbus fans clearly have no class and have already knowingly broken the rules. We TFC are better than this. We're all tired of being labeled "hooligans" (even though we are from it) so let's not give the detractors any ammunition.

I hate to be THAT guy, but it needs to be stressed. :canada:

Parkdale
06-14-2008, 01:49 PM
simple:

THROW THE STREAMERS UPWIND FROM THE PLAYERS.

We can't be held responsible for what the wind does after it's left our hands.

Parkdale
06-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Xbo4Glu1EeA

every other team WISHES they had this problem.

Lenny Dikestra
06-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Xbo4Glu1EeA

every other team WISHES they had this problem.

why would they wish it ..
Its now banned , so I guess we wish ??

Lucky Strike
06-14-2008, 01:55 PM
It's so true, but we'd hate to be lumped in with the KKKrew gang members. That video made me smile.

Parkdale
06-14-2008, 01:58 PM
why would they wish it ..
Its now banned , so I guess we wish ??

They wish they had active fans in ever corner of their stadium. Clearly, you're looking for negatives.

Lenny Dikestra
06-14-2008, 02:02 PM
I am saying we wish we could have it back ..how is that negative ..
:)

Phil
06-14-2008, 02:11 PM
I am saying we wish we could have it back ..how is that negative ..
:)

Sounds good to me! :D

Hooligan69
06-14-2008, 03:04 PM
In case some of you have somehow missed it all, streamers cannot be thrown at/near players and this includes corner kicks. They still can be used for goal celebrations as well as before and after the match.

If you did know about the change, be sure to respect it and encourage others to do so as well. Columbus fans clearly have no class and have already knowingly broken the rules. We TFC are better than this. We're all tired of being labeled "hooligans" (even though we are from it) so let's not give the detractors any ammunition.

I hate to be THAT guy, but it needs to be stressed. :canada:

Thanks a lot for the reminder, keystone cop.

Azerban
06-14-2008, 03:18 PM
who cares it's not like every person who is throwing them reads the boards

they still play commercials with us covering people, and yet they want to stifle it? fuck'em

Lucky Strike
06-14-2008, 03:23 PM
who cares it's not like every person who is throwing them reads the boards

they still play commercials with us covering people, and yet they want to stifle it? fuck'em

For Lenny Dikestra: See, this is exactly what I was mentioning to you earlier.

Marco2K
06-14-2008, 03:25 PM
U want people to stop throwing streamers during the corner kicks..

GOOD LUCK!

Im in 114 tonight and i will be bombing streamers over.

Lucky Strike
06-14-2008, 03:28 PM

GOOD LUCK!

*singing* Estaaaablishment, estaaaaablishment! *singing*

Rebel without a cause, eh? :D

NateDoGG
06-14-2008, 04:11 PM
this song came on the radio..
keep on rockin in a FREE WORLD

i really doubt they will stop hundreds of ppl from throwing streaming during corners, they it happen in the first place, so they cant just stop it now, after allowing it for over a year and a half

footyfan
06-14-2008, 05:06 PM

GOOD LUCK!

immature.

Parkdale
06-14-2008, 09:07 PM
immature.

and proud of it.

TFC07
06-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Did someone throw a water balloon at Colorado's goalkeeper? Someone on BS is saying that..... It is obvious that some of the fans didn't get the e-mail from TFC regrading the streamers.

TFCtorcida
06-14-2008, 09:12 PM
now that some people stopped and only a few are still throwing them it just loooks stupid.... all or nothing

13CP
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Im not sure if it was a water balloon, but I saw atleast 3 things throw on the pitch near the end. From the west side, what seemed to be thrown at the goalie was really close to hitting him.

Nodoubtguy
06-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Streamers were fun, but throwing anything else is just fucking us over.....when things like water bottles and beers are thrown, its only a matter of time before we have a net put up infront of us.

MFG1
06-14-2008, 09:38 PM
It was clearly a beer that hit the goalie, way to go to the asshole that did it. Dont complain kids when they start cutting beer of earlier and putting more restrictions on fans. I dont care what section it came from, it was a stupid move

ilikemusic
06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I was there are three 'things' definitely got thrown at the Rapids keeper. One looked to be a water bottle, one looked like a beer, and there was one other thing that looked kinda like a bottle as well, but i couldnt tell, thats probably what the people think is a water balloon.

There is nothing any of us can do really. You can bet the people throwing that crap dont post here and more than likely are the typical e-baying, 'were all green street hooligans' morons. It will take time but eventually everyone will get the idea that throwing crap will get you tossed.

:noidea:

T_Mizz
06-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Nah it wasn't a beer it was a pop container and at least two water bottles. Good bye water thank you anonymous jerk-off

TFC Cityboy
06-14-2008, 09:58 PM
It's really not cool to chuck anything hard onto the pitch...preaching to the converted here, as much of it seems to come from 113 area.....
cut it out unless you want fences and no beer in the stands, you wankers.

T_Mizz
06-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Complete wankers indeed chances are it wasn't someone who actually cares but rather someone who got drunk and is a complete N00B and should be PWNED LOL

Ratven
06-14-2008, 10:11 PM
It's really not cool to chuck anything hard onto the pitch...preaching to the converted here, as much of it seems to come from 113 area.....
cut it out unless you want fences and no beer in the stands, you wankers.

Obviously you're confused. I have a pretty good arm and play baseball weekly, but I'd be a fucking major leaguer if I could get a full beer from 113 to the goalie in the 6 yard box. Way to lay accusations though. *golfclap*

They're coming from somewhere behind the net, and I wish security would crack down on it more and make some examples if need be, before we start having nets and shit put up.

Edit: Hah! And I just noticed that you're in 115, better look to your own house first, as more than likely that stuff came from your section or one of the ones beside you.

Cas87
06-14-2008, 10:53 PM
We can't throw streamers, but opposing players can kick balls right at our fans? (Conor Casey anyone?) WTF!!!!!!!

Rocco
06-14-2008, 11:15 PM
We can't throw streamers, but opposing players can kick balls right at our fans? (Conor Casey anyone?) WTF!!!!!!!

yes they can. It's printed on the back of ur ticket.

iansmcl
06-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Sitting in 114, I can tell you that a lot of it's coming from the right of me... so the 1-15 seats in 114 or 113... though I'm pretty sure the full beer came from the lower 114 area...

Pretty sure 114 is the most likely culprit here.

Rocco
06-14-2008, 11:40 PM
guys, lets not point fingers to what section it came from and focus more on how to prevent this from happening again. We all are a bunch of educated crowd and i think many know the consequences of the fans not coporating but keep in mind that the league can and will dock points if the fans don't coporate. We're the first canadian team and we should show the league that they can count on more canadian teams. We are the ambasadors so to speak.

My suggestion is that durring the game or before the game starts, have a chat with the person beside you if you don't recognize them or think they're new to the section and simply explain the consequences of throwing streamers at players or other objects. Otherwise this will escalate and b4 u know it, security is ejecting half the stands, no beer or anything in the supporters section.

Also the ref has every right to eject fans. YES as a fan, you can be red carded. I can't recall when i've seen this happen but on more than one occasion, i've seen or heard about refrees cancelling the games and rescheduling a "no spectator" game. I think the league is serious about this and it's about fucking time that they should too!