PDA

View Full Version : BMO Speakers

Bloor West FC
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Do you think we should somehow have a louder speaker system in our home? So we can actually hear the Anthem play and sing properly to it rather than too fast or just off pace with the rest of the stadium. And hear the other announcements.

FluSH
01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
You will always hear the Anthem too fast or off pace.... I'm not sure if it's the way sound travels, but this happens at all major soccer events (outside of TFC) that I've been to.

Southsider
01-07-2010, 07:15 PM
From 104 my opinion is that the speakers are waaay too loud. It's hard to hear anything from the bunker or 127 whenever they play crap.

Wolfe
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
The only way to keep everyone on pace would be to add more speakers. By the time the sound travels from the north end to the south it puts everyone in the south off pace. I sit near the north side of the press boxes and I can hear both the sound from the speakers as well as the south end and it is always off. I don't think louder is the key, but I don't know why they couldn't put a few speakers on the two light standards at the south corners as they are in the north

MrHawk
01-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I think we should hook up Flush to the speaker system.

mlsintoronto
01-07-2010, 07:21 PM
The only way to keep everyone on pace would be to add more speakers. By the time the sound travels from the north end to the south it puts everyone in the south off pace. I sit near the north side of the press boxes and I can hear both the sound from the speakers as well as the south end and it is always off. I don't think louder is the key, but I don't know why they couldn't put a few speakers on the two light standards at the south corners as they are in the north

because then you'd get a cacophony. in that scenario you'd hear the south speakers first then the north ones a full second or so later. The only solution is centre-hung speakers (which some stadiums have), or those fortunate to have a roof - they hang speakers from the roof pointing back toward the stand.

Wolfe
01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
because then you'd get a cacophony. in that scenario you'd hear the south speakers first then the north ones a full second or so later. The only solution is centre-hung speakers (which some stadiums have), or those fortunate to have a roof - they hang speakers from the roof pointing back toward the stand.
Well then what are you waiting for? Get on with the roof and suspended speaker solution. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

CretanBull
01-07-2010, 08:14 PM
We don't need louder speakers, we need a roof to carry the sound :D

mlsintoronto
01-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Well then what are you waiting for? Get on with the roof and suspended speaker solution. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

I'm not done planting the grass seeds yet and then I gotta start building the north stands. Anyone got a socket wrench?

flatpicker
01-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you think we should somehow have a louder speaker system in our home? So we can actually hear the Anthem play and sing properly to it rather than too fast or just off pace with the rest of the stadium. And hear the other announcements.

It's not really an issue anymore.

Ever since we started singing the anthem without the loudspeaker, things have gone a lot better.
We must continue doing the same thing again this season - have the loudspeaker start the anthem, then turn off as we take over.

Aside from the anthems, the only other thing that having more speakers would be good for is announcements of goals and red/yellow cards.
It wouldn't hurt to have an extra speaker or two in the south end for that situation.

But, better than adding more speakers for announcements... I would like to see the names and faces of players who score goals to be put up onto those video boards on either side of the north section. Not the big screen, but the two smaller ones. It would be nice for those of us who can't hear the announcements, plus it doesn't hurt to post names of goalscorers so that some new fans can get to know the players better.

Blizzard
01-07-2010, 09:16 PM

McMahon Stadium in Calgary and Commonwealth in Edmonton are examples of the former. The nice thing is that the sound doesn't have to travel as far so it doesn't have to be as loud. Also, it won't deafen any spectators as the source is so far away.

http://www.fussballtempel.net/concacaf/CAN/McMahon_A.jpg

http://www.premier.alberta.ca/royalvisit/images/commonwealth_a.jpg

The negative is that the ball can hit the speakers on occasion. I recall seeing that happen at Commonwealth.

Hitcho
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not done planting the grass seeds yet and then I gotta start building the north stands. Anyone got a socket wrench?

Geez, these MLSE guys, all they do is piss and moan to us supporters about putting grass down, building a north stand, getting a roof on... :D:D:D

Blizzard
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM

But they don't play the anthem anymore. They play only the start and then they fade it out as the south end leads the stadium through the rest of the song!

Has everybody forgotten this???

Hitcho
01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
But they don't play the anthem anymore. They play only the start and then they fade it out as the south end leads the stadium through the rest of the song!

Nope, and it's fucking brilliant. I love the way they do that now.

:canada:

Chevy
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
+1. Love it!

flatpicker
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM

See my comment above...

billyfly
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Bay Bloor Radio has a sale on now but if you miss it, you miss it.

boban
01-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Makes us the fortunate ones Paul.
You see for yourself roofs are better. Now make the case to those that sign your cheque.

rocker
01-07-2010, 11:16 PM
i've never had a problem hearing the speaker system.

i actually get annoyed by all the goddamn announcements the guy makes before the game.. I'm thinking "shut up!!!!!!"

i also kinda wish they'd stop playing songs earlier and let the supporters chant up to the anthem point. i love ACDC but I don't need to hear it and other bands right up to near gametime.

And to be honest, I hate that song that talks about De Ro. But then, I'm a rocker so no wonder. I just find it so monotone and it drags on and on. at least give me some melody!!! ugh.

Gobi
01-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Nope, and it's fucking brilliant. I love the way they do that now.

:canada:

++++2

Parkdale
01-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm not done planting the grass seeds yet ....

http://www.econet.sk.ca/sk_enviro_champions/images/sowing_seeds.jpg

FluSH
01-08-2010, 10:20 AM
We don't need louder speakers, we need a roof to carry the sound :D

THANK YOU

This is the answer my friends... Can't we get a Sponsor for the Roof... I don't care how it's paid... We need it.

Pookie
01-08-2010, 11:07 AM

No but I'll loan you a plumber's pipe wrench in order to get to work on installing more urinals.

I'll even supervise the installation... which is big of me to offer since I have no plumbing experience whatsoever.

Anything to support the team.

TOBOR !
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
From 104 my opinion is that the speakers are waaay too loud. It's hard to hear anything from the bunker or 127 whenever they play crap.

sorry, did you say that you're in 104 ? Will you be sitting there this coming season ? (I'm taking a census).

flatpicker
01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
^ Don't respond Southsider! Tobor is cult leader! If he tries to give you a pamphlet, just say no!

Blizzard
01-09-2010, 03:58 AM
See my comment above...

Yes, you beat me by less than a minute I see.

Blazer
01-09-2010, 07:34 AM
THANK YOU

This is the answer my friends... Can't we get a Sponsor for the Roof... I don't care how it's paid... We need it.

Avenue Raod Roofers maybe? Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... :rolleyes:

http://www.adrants.com/images/red-roof-inn-logo.jpg

flatpicker
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, you beat me by less than a minute I see.

Actually, you beat me to it, but then I used my Tartis to travel back in time and post my comment first.

TOBOR !
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
^ Don't respond Southsider! Tobor is cult leader! If he tries to give you a pamphlet, just say no!

Here... drink this... now let's talk about your sig again...

flatpicker
01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
^ stop trying to influence my thoughts and actions!

TOBOR !
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Actually, you beat me to it, but then I used my Tardis to travel back in time and post my comment first.

fixed. Unless you really do have a Tartis - whatever that might be.

:D

Bargs7
01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Bay Bloor Radio has a sale on now but if you miss it, you miss it.

That actually made me laugh out loud :)

jazzy
01-13-2010, 07:33 PM

FInally someone brings this up, like everything their they are just adequate, only at one end. We can never hear the substitutions or team intros at times BUT I do not want it like a raptor game where the sport takes a back seat to the perpetual teenage party, just another set of speakers at the south end would do, and not much music just at the beginning and half time would be OK

jazzy
01-13-2010, 07:35 PM
It's not really an issue anymore.

Ever since we started singing the anthem without the loudspeaker, things have gone a lot better.
We must continue doing the same thing again this season - have the loudspeaker start the anthem, then turn off as we take over.

Aside from the anthems, the only other thing that having more speakers would be good for is announcements of goals and red/yellow cards.
It wouldn't hurt to have an extra speaker or two in the south end for that situation.

But, better than adding more speakers for announcements... I would like to see the names and faces of players who score goals to be put up onto those video boards on either side of the north section. Not the big screen, but the two smaller ones. It would be nice for those of us who can't hear the announcements, plus it doesn't hurt to post names of goalscorers so that some new fans can get to know the players better.

wow, well thought out.