PDA

View Full Version : Ilia Javorijian to under go trial at TFC

Ossington Mental Youth
01-07-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Armenian-striker-Ilia-Javorijan-to-undergo-trial-with-Toronto-FC/4805/

never heard of him but nice to hear someones coming in for a trial.
wonder what happened to those africans we heard about last year

Gixmo
01-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Word had it they didn't impress... and well, when you break someone's jaw, that's a bit of an 'x' against you too :)

torfchamilton
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Mostly useful inside the box, as he is heavy and limited in his movement. He is a bit clumsy but a fairly good finisher in front of goal. He still hasn't proved that he can handle the pressure of playing for a big side."Sounds like another Dichio. Dichio did really well here, but needs that compliment around him. I hate saying it, but when Cunny first came here, Dichio and him were great together and had many chances. Too bad cunny didn't bury any of them.

Ossington Mental Youth
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
i think thats where OBW will shine, he showed a ton of promise last year, also it looks as if this guy doesnt have any probs putting it in the net

pekduck
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Sounds like another Dichio. Dichio did really well here, but needs that compliment around him. I hate saying it, but when Cunny first came here, Dichio and him were great together and had many chances. Too bad cunny didn't bury any of them.

well heavy + clumsy is really Gerba

dichio is heavy + slow runner but not clumsy with his first touches and turn speed to create quick opening and spaces

Gerba's first touch will see the ball bounce off at least a foot and by the time he turns around there won't be a space left

my opinion

icecoldbeer
01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
he looks like Dichio too

trane
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
From what I see he is 1 m 77 cm tall, that is hardly a prototypical target man.

Lucky Strike
01-07-2010, 10:45 AM
Hmm, interesting. Though it's difficult to judge from one article, the two Tel Aviv clubs he is/has played for are fairly big in Israel aren't they? And that Maccabi was willing to fork out $515K for him is a good sign. I wonder what dollars they are referring to though. I would imagine USD.

Lucky Strike
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
well heavy + clumsy is really Gerba

dichio is heavy + slow runner but not clumsy with his first touches and turn speed to create quick opening and spaces

Gerba's first touch will see the ball bounce off at least a foot and by the time he turns around there won't be a space left

my opinion

It depends on what they mean by "clumsy". A clumsy touch and him looking clumsy when he runs are two very different things. The first would be a concern, the second not at all. Who would care if he lurched around like a zombie if he scored goals?

I wonder why he's considered a disappointment if he's scored 4 goals in 10 games... And how does the Israeli league compare to MLS?

Lots of questions but good to hear that Mo's looking at guys. Well, we knew he would be but it's nice to actually hear about it.

pekduck
01-07-2010, 10:51 AM
^ i fear the article meant the first one, since they don't want to renew him and he doesn't want to play for other sides in the same league... 4 goals in 10 games is not telling much... may be he misses chances like cunny and barrett but gets 10 chances a game...

can't tell much at all...

Lucky Strike
01-07-2010, 10:52 AM
It depends on what they mean by "clumsy". A clumsy touch and him looking clumsy when he runs are two very different things. The first would be a concern, the second not at all. Who would care if he lurched around like a zombie if he scored goals?

I wonder why he's considered a disappointment if he's scored 4 goals in 10 games... And how does the Israeli league compare to MLS?

Lots of questions but good to hear that Mo's looking at guys. Well, we knew he would be but it's nice to actually hear about it.

And to sort of answer my own question, I tried looking at this guy's wiki and there isn't one. And looking at the team's article (Maccabi), he's not listed there either. Not in the current squad nor in the in/out transfers.

However, I did see that Scott Sealy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Sealy recently played for them though (who also played in the MLS). He had a good scoring ratio in MLS but not in Israel. Unless he was a starter in MLS and mostly a sub in Israel, it could indicate that Israel is a better league.

FWIW.

rocker
01-07-2010, 10:57 AM
prob just a guy to fill up numbers for training camp.
every year we've had some of these guys. everyone tries to pick their history apart but in the end it's pointless until they sign a contract.

trane
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Israeli teams are better then MLS teams.They better ones can play relatively competitive games with top European clubs. I dare say that none of the current MLS clubs could do that.

Damien
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
From what I see he is 1 m 77 cm tall, that is hardly a prototypical target man.

That's only about 5'8" - 5'9" ..... he's like Danny Dichio's mini-me

Lucky Strike
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
That's only about 5'8" - 5'9" ..... he's like Danny Dichio's mini-me

5'11" actually :D

TOBOR !
01-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Height:1.77 m / 5.81 ft
Weight:75 kg / 165 lbs

NEXT !

Ossington Mental Youth
01-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Israeli teams are better then MLS teams.They better ones can play relatively competitive games with top European clubs. I dare say that none of the current MLS clubs could do that.

sorta what i was thinking too, i dont think they are leaps and bounds better but i do suspect it is generally a higher quality

Pookie
01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
re: Tel Aviv clubs

I am reading "United we Fall" by Peter Ridsdale, former Chairman at Leeds. He talked about strategies agents use to boost the value of a player that comes from relatively parts unknown.

He says that the player arrives surrounded with all kinds of press clipping and PR hype but rarely have club personnel have had a chance to look at him. They essentially force a PR laddened auction for his services.

All it takes is one legitimate club to get into a bidding war with another and the player is signed. Usually, they have minimal impact during their time on the roster and stay for a season or two.

But now, the player has earned a club name on their resume that they exploit with other leagues. "I have a former xyz FC player interested in moving to North America, or wherever."

They then can entice inflated bids on very little achievement.

Not saying that is the case here but buyers have to beware.

ArmenJBX
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM
MLS side Toronto FC have handed a 10-day trial to Armenian striker Ilia Javorijan , starting from February 8th.

The 28-year-old target man has been plying his trade in Israel since 2004, and this season he has been a major disappointment for Maccabi Tel Aviv despite scoring 4 goals in 10 league appearances.

According to reports in Israel, Maccabi Tel Aviv are trying to get rid of the striker who doesn't wish to play for other sides in the country and prefers a move abroad.

Javorijan has been playing for Israeli sides Hapoel Petach Tikva, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Irony Kiriat Shmona and Bnei Sachnin before moving to Maccabi Tel Aviv in the summer of 2008 for $515k. His contract runs out in the coming summer.

Scouts in Israel describe the Armenian international (3 caps) as a "very strong striker, with perceived presence in the box. Mostly useful inside the box, as he is heavy and limited in his movement. He is a bit clumsy but a fairly good finisher in front of goal. He still hasn't proved that he can handle the pressure of playing for a big side."

Source
IMScouting.com (http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Armenian-striker-Ilia-Javorijan-to-undergo-trial-with-Toronto-FC/4805)

:D YES!! As a proud Armenian, I'm hoping for this move!! Having seen him play with Armenia, he is kinda Dichio like in his movements.

Hope he impresses :D

CretanBull
01-08-2010, 07:33 PM
He sounds like Ali Gerba...

rocker
01-08-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19490

jazzy
01-08-2010, 08:05 PM
He sounds like Ali Gerba...

Touche'

ArmenJBX
01-08-2010, 08:59 PM
sorry about the two threads, i never saw this one.

Super
01-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Height:1.77 m / 5.81 ft
Weight:75 kg / 165 lbs

NEXT !

5.81 ft is correct:

2.54cm = 1 inch
12 inches = 1 foot, so
1 foot = (12x2.54)cm = 30.48cm
So: (177cm)x(1ft/30.48cm) = 5.8 feet = 5 + (.8x12) = 5 ft 9.6 in.

So basically 5'10"

Keegan
01-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Only 3 caps for ARMENIA?

Keegan
01-10-2010, 03:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeghia_Yavruyan

=

Ilia Javorigian?

ArmenJBX
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Only 3 caps for ARMENIA?

I remember the game he played, he was decent. Very Ali Gerba like though

ArmenJBX
01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeghia_Yavruyan

=

Ilia Javorigian?

Yeah, most likely. Armenian names have different spellings based on region

J .
01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Dont hate on Gerba, he came in after playing for MK Dons then Canada in the Gold Cup, man was flat out tired. He will be better this year.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand..We need a top striker to win the league, if he needs a 10 day trial, I doubt hes thought of as being that.

Keegan
01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Dont hate on Gerba, he came in after playing for MK Dons then Canada in the Gold Cup, man was flat out tired. He will be better this year.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand..We need a top striker to win the league, if he needs a 10 day trial, I doubt hes thought of as being that.

Bingo!!! There are enough marginal strikers in MLS as it is.. why waste an SI spot on one