PDA

View Full Version : Fox:Inside scoop with Preki

cementhead
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
I found this on Fox soccer web page not a bad read:
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/story/123009-the-inside-scoop-with-preki:scarf:

Detroit_TFC
01-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Preki showed in that interview that he's got some idea on what needs to be worked on to get us into the playoffs.

Not sure how long it will take but I get the feeling we're going to succeed with Preki.

Damien
01-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I can see how him and Mo are buddies, they both hold their cards close!

CoachGT
01-01-2010, 11:13 PM
I'll be happy if he's able to make good on the statement that he wants to make Toronto one of the most difficult teams to play. Time for the team to live up to the atmosphere.

ArmenJBX
01-01-2010, 11:16 PM
You heard it here first! :D

PREKI TO SIGN RAUL GONZALES

Goal.com reports that Raul Gonzales, Real Madrid legend, is close to signing for major league soccer club Toronto FC, at the end of the 2010/2011 season. Raul leaves Real Madrid with a host of honors, and Madrid's prolific striker claimed he in incredibly excited to work alongside some of the best strikers in the MLS, notably, Chad Barrett, Toronto's most prolific striker, who scored 23 goals last season.

The above is satire, by the way, just putting dreams down on paper! (or in this case..forum thread)

Hitcho
01-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I wonder if the reference to learning to work for each other was just standard manager-speak, or if he was hinting at the alleged dressing room divides we heard about towards the end of last season.

I get the feeling that Preki will get us working hard as a unit one way or another (ie, team ethic comes first or you're out), but my worry is that the sumamry of his time at Chivas at the start of that interview might end up applying to us as well - good possession football but no end product. Getting the link from our excellent midfield players to the strikers will be key, as will building the confidence and belief of the forwards so that they can finish the chances that are created. Preki will presumably love Chad's work rate, but if he can get the boy finishing chances every game as well then he could become a star player for TFC next season.

maninb
01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
I wonder if the reference to learning to work for each other was just standard manager-speak, or if he was hinting at the alleged dressing room divides we heard about towards the end of last season.

I get the feeling that Preki will get us working hard as a unit one way or another (ie, team ethic comes first or you're out), but my worry is that the sumamry of his time at Chivas at the start of that interview might end up applying to us as well - good possession football but no end product. Getting the link from our excellent midfield players to the strikers will be key, as will building the confidence and belief of the forwards so that they can finish the chances that are created. Preki will presumably love Chad's work rate, but if he can get the boy finishing chances every game as well then he could become a star player for TFC next season.

Well said....Barrett works to get the chances, which is 50% of the battle...now only if Preki (who was a GREAT finisher himself) can give Barrett the confidence/finishing touch we'll be immensely better. IMO OB White is going to get 8-10 goals this year, so our forwards can take the scoring pressure from our Midfield...

Parkdale
01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Not sure how long it will take but I get the feeling we're going to succeed with Preki.

I hope you're right.

Hitcho
01-06-2010, 09:39 PM
^ So do I, except I hope it doesn't take very long. In fact, I hope it doesn't take longer than his first pre-season in Carolina, haha.