PDA

View Full Version : TFC in preseason 2010

deltox
12-31-2009, 12:08 PM
http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=WDWProSoccerClassicDetailPage&bhcp=1

TorontoFCasn

WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic: Featuring #TFC, #fcdallas, & #houstondynamo http://tinyurl.com/yctlq3e

WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic

Watch two professional games for only $13.50!

Come kick off ESPN The Weekend with the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic.

The WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic will feature: FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, and Toronto FC. Two games will be held each night on Thursday, February 25 and Saturday, February 27 at the newly re-imagined ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

For tickets visit ticketmaster.com

For group ticket sales, please call 407-938-3805

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 12:11 PM
yep... the info is coming out.

EPSN will be broadcasting!

LINK to the Disney Site
(http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=WDWProSoccerClassicDetailPage)

wzhxvy
12-31-2009, 12:29 PM
I assume this is in Orlando ??? If so...brilliant idea...

TFC FORZA RPB
12-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Im In

rocker
12-31-2009, 12:46 PM
no banners allowed at the field according to their site ... ;)

London
12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
i believe TFC will be offering packages to this tourney

ManUtd4ever
12-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Awesome...I really like the fact that MLSE is so active in promoting the club by participating in as many of these types of tournaments as possible. The Carolina Challenge Cup will pale in comparison to the WDW Pro Soccer Classic based on the level of competition, exposure, and prestige. Seven weeks until kickoff!

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 01:56 PM
The Carolina Challenge Cup will pale in comparison to the WDW Pro Soccer Classic based on the level of competition, exposure, and prestige.

really?

The CCC is in it's 7th season (the Disney one is in it's first)

The CCC has history a great level of competition, and 5 out of 6 previous Cup winners went on to win the MLS cup that year.

Prestige? the CCC is played at a real football stadium, that is drenched in the culture of the sport. Disney is... Disney.

http://www.chipandco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/WDWProSoccerClassic1.jpg

^ " where sports and Hollywood collide" ?????

:barf:

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 01:58 PM
and more... Disney features FC Dallas, Houston and Toronto.

the CCC features DC United (the winningest team in MLS) Real Salt Lake (The current champs) and Toronto FC (our boys in red).

How the hell would 'the level of competition' be better at the Disney one????

ManUtd4ever
12-31-2009, 02:03 PM
really?

The CCC is in it's 7th season (the Disney one is in it's first)

The CCC has history a great level of competition, and 5 out of 6 previous Cup winners went on to win the MLS cup that year.

Prestige? the CCC is played at a real football stadium, that is drenched in the culture of the sport. Disney is... Disney.

http://www.chipandco.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/WDWProSoccerClassic1.jpg

^ " where sports and Hollywood collide" ?????

:barf:

Those are valid points but prestige is based on the amount of publicity a tournament recieves and exposure dictates prestige. I can guarantee you that a far wider audience will tune into watch the WDWPSC on ESPN than the few who bothered to watch the CCC online. As a TFC supporter, what would mean more to you? Winning this inaugral tournament or the CCC?

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Those are valid points but prestige is based on the amount of publicity a tournament recieves and exposure dictates prestige. I can guarantee you that a far wider audience will tune into watch the WDWPSC on ESPN than the few who bothered to watch the CCC online. As a TFC supporter, what would mean more to you? Winning this inaugral tournament or the CCC?

you seem to have 'prestige' confused with media popularity.

just because Disney and ESPN are setting us this little tourney of moderate teams doesn't mean there's any prestige to it.

As a TFC supporter, what would mean more to you? Winning this inaugral tournament or the CCC?
The CCC in a heartbeat. It will be our third time there, so it DOES mean something to us.
Plus, winning it this year would mean beating RSL and DCUnited (two very real competitors).

RSL - Won the MLS cup in 2009
DCU - the winninest team in american soccer (look it up, it's true)
Charleston battery - one of the most successful USL/USL2 teams

Yohan
12-31-2009, 02:08 PM
and more... Disney features FC Dallas, Houston and Toronto.

the CCC features DC United (the winningest team in MLS) Real Salt Lake (The current champs) and Toronto FC (our boys in red).

How the hell would 'the level of competition' be better at the Disney one????
urm. competition is about same for both tourneys

I wouldn't put down Houston and Dallas as inferior to RSL and DC

brad
12-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Good seat sale on at West Jet right now - could get to Orlando for that time for around 365.00

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
urm. competition is about same for both tourneys

I wouldn't put down Houston and Dallas as inferior to RSL and DC

but if we're talking 'prestige' (not my choice of words)..... The current MLS Cup holder and the team that's won the most MLS cups (and the only MLS club to win Concacaf Champions Cup) are a LOT more prestigious than two teams from Texas, even his Houston was a bigger deal in the past.

and for season stats... houston came in 3rd overall (which is pretty good) and dallas came 11th.

I'm not saying Houston and Dallas aren't decent sides, I'm just saying I'm rather beat RSL 1000000x more than either of them.

ChrisLav
12-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Or about $190 (US) round trip from Buffalo

ManUtd4ever
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
I would obviously be happy if TFC won the CCC, but if TFC won this tournament that will be nationally televised in Canada and the U.S. it would just feel more significant IMHO...

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I would obviously be happy if TFC won the CCC, but if TFC won this tournament that will be nationally televised in Canada and the U.S. it would just feel more significant IMHO...

yep, it's your opinion, and that's cool....

but I don't care about who might be watching the game on EPSN, and I certainly don't care for their marketing. "Where Sports and Hollywood Collide" -- That's terrible!

I care about the opponents we'd be facing, and the history of the cup we'd be wining. Also, 6 out of 7 previous CCC cup winners went on to win the league in the same season --- THAT is something worth playing for! (imho)

werewolf
12-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I dont care much about either tournament...they both have as much prestige as the Carlsberg Cup...

Parkdale
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
I dont care much about either tournament...they both have as much prestige as the Carlsberg Cup...

you take that back!!!

:D

ManUtd4ever
I think someone should start a poll, lol...

Parkdale
leave it for nascar. he loves making polls.

anyway, I hope we can win both!

werewolf
12-31-2009, 02:28 PM
you take that back!!!

:D

actually I half take it back, at least these games can be used to improve the squad for the season, the Carlsberg Cup just hurts our season. Though winning the actual trophies themselves are about the same.

DavydMT
12-31-2009, 02:28 PM
really?

Disney place is newly re-imagined, i don't think it is real.

RedsYNWA
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM
^^^^ Agreed

Super
12-31-2009, 02:29 PM

Yup - friendlies don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's still fun to watch the games to get a look at new players - or to see the tactics of the new coach. But other than that it means absolutely nothing.

Yohan
12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
but if we're talking 'prestige' (not my choice of words)..... The current MLS Cup holder and the team that's won the most MLS cups (and the only MLS club to win Concacaf Champions Cup) are a LOT more prestigious than two teams from Texas, even his Houston was a bigger deal in the past.

and for season stats... houston came in 3rd overall (which is pretty good) and dallas came 11th.

I'm not saying Houston and Dallas aren't decent sides, I'm just saying I'm rather beat RSL 1000000x more than either of them.
urm. Houston won MLS Cup 4 times. well, twice as houston and twice as Earthquakes before moving to houston.
Houston was probably the most consistent MLS team last year. I think doing well against Houston is more of a challenge than DCU in a rebuilding phase and RSL who got a bit lucky on their cup run

Yup - friendlies don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. It's still fun to watch the games to get a look at new players - or to see the tactics of the new coach. But other than that it means absolutely nothing.
of course friendlies mean something. it sates the addictions of TFC crazed maniacs ;)

Joe Kool
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM

It says no weapons too so I am not going.

Yeoman
12-31-2009, 04:09 PM
so......................there's some type of cup involved right?
or a dish?!?
or some kind of brozned mickey mouse? someone tell!

prizby
12-31-2009, 04:36 PM

could you provide a link as to where it says this???

BakaGaijin
12-31-2009, 05:06 PM
WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic

Watch two professional games for only $13.50!

Come kick off ESPN The Weekend with the WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic.

The WALT DISNEY WORLDŽ Pro Soccer Classic will feature: FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, and Toronto FC. Two games will be held each night on Thursday, February 25 and Saturday, February 27 at the newly re-imagined ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

How can they have two games a night with only three teams?!? I am assuming a fourth team will be added.....

Hopefully a J-league team.

king dave
01-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Would like to go to this just to check it out.
But the CCC has become an important part of my TFC season.
The 2010 TFC season starts in Charleston for me.
This year?
Flares:flare::flare::flare::flare:
Just kidding for cryin' out loud:rolleyes::D.
KD.

rocker
01-09-2010, 03:48 AM
could you provide a link as to where it says this???

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/venue/279122?tm_link=edp_Venue_Directions

General Rules:

ITEMS NOT ALLOWED: NO food, NO drinks, NO banners, NO flags, NO weapons, NO coolers, NO containers, NO umbrellas, NO lawnchairs