PDA

View Full Version : Let's learn it properly!

Roogsy
12-22-2009, 08:16 PM
It is a goal of mine this offseason to get people to sing this chant properly!

I put it in the main section for visibility purposes, we can move it into the chant section after.

This is us singing Forza:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-yydOwfg4&feature=player_embedded

Now compare it to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx7naOzlQvU&feature=rec-fresh+div-f-3-HM

Our melody is wrong.

Some of us are doing it right, some of us are doing it wrong, and the end result is a mish-mash of a melody. We are 100, maybe 200 supporters singing it. If 2000 can do it in Buenos Aires, surely 200 can do it in Toronto.

Thoughts?

JDG
12-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Maybe we should invite the Boca drummers to join us again for a few games until we get it going strong. They were fantastic.

Roogsy
12-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Sure why not? Of course they'd probably want to sing the Boca song and not Forza. :D

What we need are those trumpet players. Then we'd definitely get the tune right.

JDG
12-22-2009, 08:32 PM
They're TFC fans too aren't they? I heard they're SSHs

Always There
12-22-2009, 08:35 PM
No way! The Boca drummers were really distracting. Such a small group really took over. The snare drum is an evil thing at a soccer game in my opinion.

Best of luck on the chant. We really are a crowd lacking in rhythm at times:) That being said, at least this chant is pretty good at uniting us. People are trying to get involved with this one. However, with the tune some people around me sing Oh Canada at I think you may have your work on your hands!

JDG
12-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Always there = Always aginst atmosphere I take it. If you don't like what's going on you should have considered using the relocation date to get yourself out of 111, and into a quieter section.
This is meant to be a thread to get this chant done better so we don't lack rythm.
The drummers were suggested to facilitate this.

Roogsy
12-22-2009, 08:41 PM
It's a little contradictory to say we have no rhythm but then object to drummers in the section since drummers are what help keep the rhythm. I dunno...this year we are hoping to add drums to 112 or maybe spread them out between 111 and 112. If there is a better idea to help keep the beat (and melody)...let's hear them.

Rudi
12-22-2009, 08:42 PM
What we need are those trumpet players. Then we'd definitely get the tune right.
I've been saying this for two years now.

Surely someone in the south end plays the trumpet.

Roogsy
12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Really? Man...I would've backed you up!

I'd love to have a trumpet or two in the sections, then we'd have the melody down across several sections. Trumpets cut across the noise in the stands way better than anything else and would help unite the melody that everyone is singing.

Always There
12-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Always there = Always aginst atmosphere I take it. If you don't like what's going on you should have considered using the relocation date to get yourself out of 111, and into a quieter section.
This is meant to be a thread to get this chant done better so we don't lack rythm.
The drummers were suggested to facilitate this.

I don't like the boca drummers at one of the games so I'm against atmosphere and should have relocated? You need to learn to accept that others have differing opinions.

JDG
12-22-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't like the boca drummers at one of the games so I'm against atmosphere and should have relocated? You need to learn to accept that others have differing opinions.

You said the snare is evil, we lack rythm, and you don't like the Boca Drummers. It sounds like you're too close to the action with comments like that.
Sorry if I've read that wrong, but you should think about what your saying when you make statements like that.
You had to edit your post to add something positive.

Always There
12-22-2009, 08:48 PM
It's a little contradictory to say we have no rhythm but then object to drummers in the section since drummers are what help keep the rhythm. I dunno...this year we are hoping to add drums to 112 or maybe spread them out between 111 and 112. If there is a better idea to help keep the beat (and melody)...let's hear them.

Drummers need to have rhythm to be able to keep it. In my opinion the one big drum is enough, and it should really be kept to the beat and not an uptempo beat as is heard sometimes. That doesn't help with the beat or rhythm at all.

I don't know if better ideas are necessary. I just believe if you try and teach people songs that aren't natural to them, you may have trouble with the beat.

I joke about the BMO crowd, because we have had trouble with O Canada at times.

Bars92
12-22-2009, 08:51 PM
^ Like the game vs River Plate you mean. That was sort of a one off game.

Always There
You said the snare is evil, we lack rythm, and you don't like the Boca Drummers. It sounds like you're too close to the action with comments like that.
Sorry if I've read that wrong, but you should think about what your saying when you make statements like that.
You had to edit your post to add something positive.

I don't like snare drums. They are evil. I stand by those comments. I didn't like those Boca fans that night. I stand by that. I feel we do lack rhythm as a crowd. In previous posts on different threads I've also speculated that the wind plays a part.

What are you reading wrong? I said that, and you told me I should have relocated and that I'm against the atmosphere. I find people around here are a tad defensive to be honest with you. I'm not against his efforts to try and get the chant going the way he wants it to. I'm against the idea of getting assistance from a snare drum ala the Boca fans, and joking about a lack of rhythm as I do so.

Roogsy

CALLING ALL TRUMPET PLAYERS! MAKE YOURSELVES HEARD!

Rudi
12-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Really? Man...I would've backed you up!

I'd love to have a trumpet or two in the sections, then we'd have the melody down across several sections. Trumpets cut across the noise in the stands way better than anything else and would help unite the melody that everyone is singing.
Agreed 100%.

I know some are against it, but how can we truly judge unless we try first? Personally, I think it would help both the Forza and the Massive, and to me that's a worthy enough goal to give it a shot at least once or twice.

You can actually hear the trumpet in this one, despite thousands of people screaming at the top of their lungs:

hTrjZ0qa_Ng

It would work.

108_Miles
12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
There's a big difference in the lyrics as well - it's a lot easier to carry a meody when the lyrics are basically um, phonemes of the melody.

Forza goes, as far as I can tell:

Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH oh
Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH
Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH oh
Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH

La la la la la la la la la

Since the 'chant' bridge just sort of repeats the same syllable a lot of times, the chanter has to add the melody themself.

The Baco lyrics, on the other hand, do the melody work for you, in a sense:

dale boca
dale dale boca
y dale dale boca
y dale dale boo

dale boca
dale dale boca
y dale dale boca
y dale dale boo

dale boca
dale dale boca
y dale dale boca
y dale dale boo

dale boca
dale dale boca
y dale dale boca
y dale dale boo

ya se acerca noche buena
ya se acerca navidad
para todas las gallinas
el regalo de papa

...Still, 've heard guys say it's their favourite chant, messy as it is.

Roogsy
12-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh it rocks baby, especially at away games...and we'd like to make it even more powerful.

As for the melody, while the lyrics in Dale Boca seem like it lends itself to the melody, what is really the problem with us isn't the lyrics as much as it people lacking a little musicality and not realizing the direction of the melody.

108_Miles
12-22-2009, 08:59 PM
yeah, maybe so hahaha

TFCtoMUFC
12-22-2009, 09:05 PM

I play sax. Doesn't help, just thought I'd point it out.

Always There
12-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Awesome! Let's have band warz with the T.R.N.

Peace!

Rudi
12-22-2009, 09:19 PM

Peace!
Yeah, that's exactly what people are suggesting here.

Instead of being a cunt all the time, try coming up with something positive to add to the conversation.

TOBOR !
12-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Wouldn't it be easier and acceptable to pretend it's a different tune and work with what we've got ? Those two links are for totally different chants, which I'm sure is the point, but rather than try to change it why not accept it for what it is ?

denime
12-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Instead of being a cunt all the time, try coming up with something positive to add to the conversation.

Even though I agree with your statement 100%,don't feed the :troll:

Always There
12-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Why don't you lighten up, jackass? I think the only cunt around here is you.

Always There
12-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Even though I agree with your statement 100%,don't feed the :troll:

Perfect example of the defensive nature of some people. I don't like snare drums or the Boca supporters one night and I'm a troll? Screw you.

I haven't discouraged anyone. In fact, it's the opposite. I wished the O.P. good luck and had a bunch of people jump down my throat.

O.P. Best of luck.

Rudi
12-22-2009, 10:02 PM
This...

I haven't discouraged anyone. In fact, it's the opposite.

Is not backed up by this...

Peace!

Hitcho
12-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Perfect example of the defensive nature of some people. I don't like snare drums or the Boca supporters one night and I'm a troll? Screw you.

I haven't discouraged anyone. In fact, it's the opposite. I wished the O.P. good luck and had a bunch of people jump down my throat.

I think that's called making your bed and laying in it dude.

Always There
12-22-2009, 10:06 PM
This...

Is not backed up by this...

It's a joke. Lighten up! The previous poster said he could play sax, so I was joking as if we'll soon have enough instruments to battle the TRN.

You need to relax.

Always There
12-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I think that's called making your bed and laying in it dude.

What are you talking about? It's an offense to not like snare drums. or the boca supporters?

WTF???????????????

Hitcho
12-22-2009, 10:09 PM
TOBOR - excellent signature quote dude!

Son we live in a world that has walls and those walls havew to be guarded. WHo's going to do it? You? You Lt Weiiiiiinbeeerg....

Always There
12-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Do you guys think we're a crowd with good rhythm? I don't. It's not a personal offense. Why so defensive?

Once again, O.P., good luck.

Hitcho
12-22-2009, 10:10 PM
What are you talking about? It's an offense to not like snare drums. or the boca supporters?

WTF???????????????

:rolleyes:

I'm talking about your reputation on these boards, not what you've posted in this thread

kaos197O
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
This thread is about getting the melody right and I've been doing it right for 2 years now.....only everyone around me thinks I'm insane for doing it differently than they are. I guess I am a touch insane but..........I agree with Roogsy.......LET'S GET IT RIGHT ALREADY!

kaos197O
12-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Do you guys think we're a crowd with good rhythm? I don't. It's not a personal offense. Why so defensive?

Once again, O.P., good luck.
@ times YES!

CretanBull
12-22-2009, 10:14 PM
I think the wrong version is the one that's caught on and it's going to be nearly impossible to do it properly. Not that I want to discourage anyone from trying.

DOMIN8R
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Agent, start a new thread with this request. I suspect that you won't find anyone who willing/can provide this service. I think that it's more uncommon that some may think.

But if you ask for a kazoo or ukelele..................

AL-MO
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
This should have been posted already:

S7Inv49Ghr8

Hitcho
12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
^^ So can't we advertise for a trumpet player, and get them a free ticket on the basis that they learn all the chants and work with the capo at the games?

kaos197O
I think the wrong version is the one that's caught on and it's going to be nearly impossible to do it properly. Not that I want to discourage anyone from trying.
I intend to continue being the oddball.....hopefully people will finally realize that it actually sounds so much better when done the RIGHT way!

Always There
:rolleyes:

I'm talking about your reputation on these boards, not what you've posted in this thread

????

I'm starting to not care. I can only talk about the things that I know I've said. If you can't do that, what's the point in talking?

I made a fairly simple comment. I'm done being part of this thread hijack.

kaos197O
12-22-2009, 10:19 PM

S7Inv49Ghr8
That's music to my ears....Thanks!

AL-MO
12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
No way! The Boca drummers were really distracting. Such a small group really took over. The snare drum is an evil thing at a soccer game in my opinion.

Best of luck on the chant. We really are a crowd lacking in rhythm at times:) That being said, at least this chant is pretty good at uniting us. People are trying to get involved with this one. However, with the tune some people around me sing Oh Canada at I think you may have your work on your hands!

Distracting? LOL

That's all I'll say.

Roogsy
12-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok ok ok...guys...let's get back on topic.

How can we get the crowd to sing the tune correctly and how best to incorporate instruments if any?

FluSH
12-22-2009, 10:49 PM

I'm not too fond of snare drums during the game.... at Marches, and postgame mash ups... sure!!!

Gixmo
12-22-2009, 10:58 PM
I played the trumpet for several years all through high school.. Traveling band and all.... Someone should chart it out

... Been far too long, nor do I have the balls/skill for it now and I've got my hands full in 111 anyways, but I certainly think it's an EXCELLENT idea.. Perhaps if I had my trumpet still I'd give it a whirl, but alas I do not (and Im not a full season either yet)

Movement of drums into 111 is good too. Always There, if I remember right you are at the front of 111?.. Those at the top, well keeping the beat is hard and we pick up Sparta in 110.. connecting the drum in 110, via 111, to the big boy in 112 would really help out. You really can't argue that. The front of 111 was generally bumping.. The topside, boredom set in quickly..

I feel for Roogsy, his arms must kill him game day... but he gets 5pts from me for effort. Give the man a hand with a few more well placed drums and it will benefit all.

CretanBull
12-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I intend to continue being the oddball.....hopefully people will finally realize that it actually sounds so much better when done the RIGHT way!

I don't disagree, I just think that its hard for anything to catch on..its a minor miracle when anything spreads beyond the South-East corner...once a chant has caught on I think the odds of changing it are nil - it's no longer 'ours' its everyone's.

Again, I don't mean to discourage anyone from doing anything, I just think that its probably too late...we might just have to embrace the 'wrong' version as our own rather than trying to perfect the Boca version.

tlear
12-22-2009, 11:13 PM
If you want to make every single person at BMO hear something trumpet is the way to do it much better then drums. Probably gona hear it clearly anywhere around the field

TOBOR !
12-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Re : trumpet. This was brought up once before. I think we uncovered a bugle player.

Re : the tune in question. If you try to change it now it'll take years to get it right and since nobody really knows that there's anything wrong with it, what's thd point ?

We took an existing chant and made it our own.

Since the majority are singing it this way, wrong must be right.

TOBOR !
12-23-2009, 01:20 AM
TOBOR - excellent signature quote dude!

Son we live in a world that has walls and those walls havew to be guarded. WHo's going to do it? You? You Lt Weiiiiiinbeeerg....

well spotted :)

Fishnicker
12-23-2009, 07:41 AM
I had never heard the original until now (thanks for the proper ver. Roogsy) and I would try and sing along with what I thought was the melody. This is what I heard you guys singing

1st 2nd 1st maj3 1st
Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH oh

same melody for next bar but with the 2nd sung in triplets.
I thought is was major 'cause of the major 3rd.

Now I know how the proper version goes, using our lyrics.

1st min3 1st min3 1st
Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH oh

1st min3 (triplets) 2nd 4th (no last syllable- hold the 4th)
Tee Ohohoh ohohoh Oh OH oh

4th 5th min3 1st
Tee Ohhhhhhh Oh OH oh

1st min3 (1st trip) 2nd (2nd trip) 1st
Tee Ohohoh ohohoh Oh

Ok this doesn't come across too well in notepad. To the guy who had some trumpet experience, I could write it out for you in regular notation or charts if you prefer.

As to how to get people to sing it correctly, this thread is a great start. You will now have me doing it right. Another thought is you could play the original on a boom box when we have our impromptu jams outside gate 3 after the match. Lots of people stop to watch and join in - it could be a good way to get the tune out and it wouldn't seem like choir practise.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Re : trumpet. This was brought up once before. I think we uncovered a bugle player.

Re : the tune in question. If you try to change it now it'll take years to get it right and since nobody really knows that there's anything wrong with it, what's thd point ?

The problem is that the majority aren't singing it "this way". I am hearing a good 3 different versions in the stands. Since we all have to come together to sing "one" version, why not the proper one? Like I said in the first post, right now it's a mish-mash of insecure singing. People will sing harder and louder if they are sure of the melody. And if we back it up with a trumpet, all that much easier to get it done.

greatwhitenorf
12-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Be nice to hear the chants and songs delivered with equal vigour across the entire south end. While the 110/111/112 Axis of Enthusiasm is usually in good voice, there's like some invisible barrier that makes the singing fade by section 114.

Then there's pockets of enthusiasm on the other end and into the lower west stand. It's seems like many are willing, just needing that little extra push to get into it. Could be that they're not hearing all the songs and chants clearly enough to jump in with conviction.

So why not consider performing a little missionary work to get things rocking across the stand? Take an entourage of enthusiasts across the south end - big happy conga lines are always hard for security to get heavy with - stand in the stairways for a while and get this chant going on a larger scale.

Is that a little too 'cheerleader-y'? If it makes for a consistently louder series of chants or songs, it's time and effort well spent. A step toward getting the whole stadium involved.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 09:12 AM

gotta disagree with this big time......this is one of the few times where the "we've only been in the league 3 years" argument can make sense....

I think its pretty safe to say that most people have only heard these chants from TFC games, so why would it take "years" to change when people caught on to it after only 1 or 2 years? When TFC is in year 20 of their existence, why should we be doing something wrong for 20 years, solely for the purpose of "wrong being right", when it can be fixed this year, and we could get things correct for what is only year 4 of the team?

It is one thing to make a chant our own by changing some words to it, but the melody of Forza and the Massive is wrong and BAD......it just doesn't sound good. All it would take is an effort from supporters to make this right and for the people who lead the chants to hammer this point home whenever they can......at Joe's before the game......tailgate......after the game....etc.

Its not impossible.....far from it.....people just have to want to do it right, and listen to the members who put in the efforts to lead the chants.

Parkdale
12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
gotta disagree with this big time......

you could save some time and just make that your signature. :D

Daveisonfire
12-23-2009, 10:11 AM

I can play...problem is I don't have one.

GhostKiller
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I own a music store. Anyone who needs a trumpet for this cause, PM me. I'll also look into a TFC specific Trumpet. Admins from RPB or Usec also PM to figure this out.

Always There
12-23-2009, 10:34 AM
My friend tried to bring a bugle into section 111 in season 1 and was denied. He had to check it at the gate on the way in. Maybe things have changed by now, but I'm just throwing it out there.

To Gixmo: I don't know what Sparta 110 is. I assume it's a drum at the top of 110? Like I said on another thread, I very rarely hear section 110, although I know they are a lively bunch. I have always figured the wind plays a part in this. I usually hear them after the goalie kick, but can't quite figure out what they're saying. Something that ends in douchebag, that's all I know!

I don't know why it's hard to keep the beat. There is one particular guy near me who is always way off beat, stomping up a storm. Maybe you're right, a drum might help. I just think the drumming really needs to stick to the beat and that's it. If those like the stomper could be helped on the standard beat, and I'm no drummer, but something like: Drum.Beat.Beat.Beat.Drum, or on every beat: 1-2-3-4 Drum.Drum.Drum.Drum, maybe then it would be a good thing.

That's all I'm saying about the snare drum. Even now, as much as I like the big drum in 112, it sometimes get's a little uptempo in my opinion. Just go to Youtube and listen to the beat of the drum. In my opinion, if a drummer can keep the beat without freestyling it can be a good thing. If the drummer starts to lose it, it really hurts things. I mean this as no offence to anyone, but that's my honest opinion.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 10:34 AM
you could save some time and just make that your signature. :D

ok, I'll admit....that made the corners of my mouth curl up into something somewhat resembling a smile.....and I don't disagree with eeeeeverything

but the point stands.......how valid is the argument of "let's keep doing something the wrong way, because that's what we've done so far"?

not exactly the mentality that is needed if we want to keep collectively calling ourselves the best supporters in MLS......I say fix the mistakes and come out better....

Yohan
12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
I own a music store. Anyone who needs a trumpet for this cause, PM me. I'll also look into a TFC specific Trumpet. Admins from RPB or Usec also PM to figure this out.
slowly, the Sound Wave will have nothing on the RPB orchestra. LOL:D

Always There
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
ok, I'll admit....that made the corners of my mouth curl up into something somewhat resembling a smile.....and I don't disagree with eeeeeverything

but the point stands.......how valid is the argument of "let's keep doing something the wrong way, because that's what we've done so far"?

not exactly the mentality that is needed if we want to keep collectively calling ourselves the best supporters in MLS......I say fix the mistakes and come out better....

If the majority do it a particular way, then who is it wrong to? No one is grading this, are they?

Like I said in my first post, this is one of our most unifying chants. If it's an easy fix, good for the O.P. If it's not, it really shouldn't matter because it still sounds great. I never knew the original, so to me, it has always been a fun chant that is one of our collective loudest.

TOBOR !
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM

How about lessons ? can you kick in some lessons as well ?

FluSH
12-23-2009, 10:45 AM
That's all I'm saying about the snare drum. Even now, as much as I like the big drum in 112, it sometimes get's a little uptempo in my opinion. Just go to Youtube and listen to the beat of the drum. In my opinion, if a drummer can keep the beat without freestyling it can be a good thing. If the drummer starts to lose it, it really hurts things. I mean this as no offence to anyone, but that's my honest opinion.

I don't disagree with you... however there are different drummers that play the big drum... I know for a fact that Fabricio likes to Freestyle it more than the others... at times this sounds good, but at times it throws me off and (others as well) since you are not used to that beat. With that said we will be working more closely with all of our Drummers... and we will have a Head Drummer for the group - who's posted here already :D

TOBOR !
12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
gotta disagree with this big time......this is one of the few times where the "we've only been in the league 3 years" argument can make sense....

Its not impossible.....far from it.....people just have to want to do it right, and listen to the members who put in the efforts to lead the chants.

I think this will be more difficult to accomplish than you imagine.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 10:47 AM
If the majority do it a particular way, then who is it wrong to? No one is grading this, are they?

Like I said in my first post, this is one of our most unifying chants. If it's an easy fix, good for the O.P. If it's not, it really shouldn't matter because it still sounds great. I never knew the original, so to me, it has always been a fun chant that is one of our collective loudest.

so who is the majority here?........Boca supporters who have been doing this chant for years?.......the Italian spporters who have been doing it for years?.......or us TFC supporters who have been doing it for 3 years? come on man, let's be real here.

the fix should be simple......RPB chant leaders get the bunch together (Shoeless, tailgate, post game, etc.)....chant leaders tell them "this is how its done".....and the rest follow. Where it fails is when people say "I do it the way I want to".

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I think this will be more difficult to accomplish than you imagine.

I'm not saying this will happen first time.....but if no one makes an attempt to correct it, then it never will be......chant leaders need to drive the point home every chance they get.

GhostKiller
12-23-2009, 10:58 AM
How about lessons ? can you kick in some lessons as well ?

Grooming a new player? No thanks. But a TFC specific trumpet for games... something I can get behind.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 11:06 AM
My friend tried to bring a bugle into section 111 in season 1 and was denied. He had to check it at the gate on the way in. Maybe things have changed by now, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Hmmm...interesting. It may be that we need to run this by the team first.

toronto red
12-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Couple of things here.

1. I remember being lambasted from all sides when Usector did this for 40 minutes straight on a wet rainy night in season 1. It was not well received at all.:D

2. The italian video was the basis for the chant itself. The tune was to be copied.

3. The drummer in 112, the BIG drum, stops more chants than it helps. No offense intended, simply a realistic observation. The drum leads the chant, not follows IMO.

4. The Boca drummers were absolutely amazing. Easily the most coherent the south corner has been.

Merry Christmas RPB:)

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
prob b/c 111 wasn't a SS in season 1....

Whoop
12-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Is it just me, but isn't the tune of Dale Cavese (the Italian video) and Dale Boca (the one that Roogsy originally posted) slightly different?

I think we always based it more on Dale Cavese than Dale Boca.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
3. The drummer in 112, the BIG drum, stops more chants than it helps. No offense intended, simply a realistic observation. The drum leads the chant, not follows IMO.

I appreciate the comment but I do disagree. I intentionally wait for chant to catch on before joining. The reason? The drum overpowers everything. If a chant catches on, then it should have the momentum to keep going.

I have heard this opinion over and over again that a drum leads the chants. This makes absolutely no sense to me. A drum does not do anything but maintain a beat. It has no melody. It has no tune. Anyone who has ever played in a band or orchestra for any period of time is aware of this. A drum cannot START a chant, how exactly would it do so?

I think we all need to get away from this impression that the drum leads the chant. What the drum does is help organize the chant so people are not chanting and singing at different speeds and in different points within the song. Beyond that, asking the drum to do anything more is to fail to understand the purpose of the drum. Therefore, how it can hinder a song is beyond me when I remember quite clearly the one game we did not bring the drum and the organization within the chants was an absolutely disaster.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Is it just me, but isn't the tune of Dale Cavese (the Italian video) and Dale Boca (the one that Roogsy originally posted) slightly different?

I think we always based it more on Dale Cavese than Dale Boca.

The rhythm is slightly different. Boca supporters add a little South American spice to their beat but that is all. From a melodic point of view, they are almost exactly the same...I know because I know the underlying song behind the chant, including the lyrics and the melody is practically identical. This is a South American folk song from Venezuela and it's been ingrained in me like the theme from Hockey Night in Canada is ingrained in Canadians.

Sonny Cheeba
12-23-2009, 11:34 AM
i can play the tromboner. but i haven't in years.

i hear LLJJ plays a mean skinflute.

Technorgasm
12-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Maybe we should invite the Boca drummers to join us again for a few games until we get it going strong. They were fantastic.

WHAT AN AWESOME GROUP !!!! I loveed that game!!! was one of my highlights this season.

and MAD PROPS too, going to the stadium to cheer AGAINST your fiercest rivals. flags, chants n all. WELL IN

GhostKiller
12-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I appreciate the comment but I do disagree. I intentionally wait for chant to catch on before joining. The reason? The drum overpowers everything. If a chant catches on, then it should have the momentum to keep going.

I have heard this opinion over and over again that a drum leads the chants. This makes absolutely no sense to me. A drum does not do anything but maintain a beat. It has no melody. It has no tune. Anyone who has ever played in a band or orchestra for any period of time is aware of this. A drum cannot START a chant, how exactly would it do so?

I think we all need to get away from this impression that the drum leads the chant. What the drum does is help organize the chant so people are not chanting and singing at different speeds and in different points within the song. Beyond that, asking the drum to do anything more is to fail to understand the purpose of the drum. Therefore, how it can hinder a song is beyond me when I remember quite clearly the one game we did not bring the drum and the organization within the chants was an absolutely disaster.

This just aint correct. :D

The purpose of the drummer, and all bass line is the rythem/foundation for the melody and counter melody (Soporano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone). When it comes to chants the bass can't follow the melody or it gets fucked up (technical term)

There are exceptions obviously in music but they don't apply to chants. Think of how hard it would be to follow John Bonham in a chant?!!?

They need to follow the drum, and if the drum is off then its a domino effect train wreck. If the drummer is on, then it should be natural to follow his lead, but HE HAS TO TAKE THE LEAD. It does maintain the beat, but before it does that it needs to set the tempo so everyone is on the same page and it doesn't sound like a bunch of drunk retards (technical term)

MartinUtd
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I picked up the harmonica last weekend, I could try a few tfc tunes

Always There
12-23-2009, 12:20 PM
It's a tricky thing. I feel both of you guys are sort of right. The Drum certainly isn't the starter of anything, but it is indeed the foundation when it's being used. It can really drive the ship when it's done right, but it can steer you off course when done wrong.

In my opinion the key is to have a good drummer who doesn't want to stand out, but reinforce things.

Tricky stuff, especially with the power of that big drum. By the way, is it known as "The Big Drum"? Just curious.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 12:24 PM
This just aint correct. :D

The purpose of the drummer, and all bass line is the rythem/foundation for the melody and counter melody (Soporano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone). When it comes to chants the bass can't follow the melody or it gets fucked up (technical term)

There are exceptions obviously in music but they don't apply to chants. Think of how hard it would be to follow John Bonham in a chant?!!?

They need to follow the drum, and if the drum is off then its a domino effect train wreck. If the drummer is on, then it should be natural to follow his lead, but HE HAS TO TAKE THE LEAD. It does maintain the beat, but before it does that it needs to set the tempo so everyone is on the same page and it doesn't sound like a bunch of drunk retards (technical term)

We are actually saying the same thing but coming from different angles.

You said:

The purpose of the drummer, and all bass line is the rythem/foundation for the melody and counter melody

And this is exactly right.

Taking this into consideration, how exactly would would a drum START a chant being that it is the rhythm and not the melody? People do not associate a song with the rhythm, they associate a song through the melody. I could lay down the drum beat for any song and it will do nothing to help a person recognize what song it is. How do they recognize it? Through the melody, which a drum cannot do anything to help other than to maintain a stable consistent beat once it has started.

The "taking the lead" part comes into pushing the tempo and rhythm...not the melody.

I was in Stage Band all through high school and in a salsa band afterwards and usually most songs started with the drums and basic rhtyhm section not because it was the drum and bass that had the melody but because the band knew what song came first and the rhythm section were simply getting things started.

But what happens when someone improvises on stage and wants to start a tune a-cappella (which is not unlike what happens at games)? They have to start first and THEN the rhythm section catches on and joins in. Take a look at the movie "Back to the Future" when Michael J Fox's character decides to play "Johnny B Good" without the band knowing and you will get an idea what I am talking about. Once the melody gets going, the drum and bass take over in terms of setting the speed.

There is one instance at the stadium where I never wait for the melody to get started, I simply start without waiting to see around me what the consensus is, and that is Dichio 24. At 23:13, I start at the appropriate speed and keep it up as long as the chant is going.

But when you have 3 or 4 different chants going on around you and you have the capo trying to sort it out to get everyone unified in one single chant, the LAST thing he needs is the drummer to start his own beat to add to the confusion. Believe me, it is a lesson in futility for the drummer to try to set the agenda for the songs and chants being sung. We are there to help unify them. It is such an ad-hoc environment that any attempts by the drummer to demand to set the chant goes against the flow of the crowd, especially since the drummer has his back to the game and has very little feel for the way the game is going other than to feed off the crowd. However, once I get direction from the capo, much like a conductor, that's the beat I am setting and yes, it will enable people to join in. But the set list is not determined by the drummer, it's determined by the people who are in turn "managed" by the capo.

One exception to that is the TFC-clap clap clap chant which is fairly easy to get started with the drum. And I usually do after we have a goal scored on us and the crowd becomes too quiet. I try to motivate them back into the game by getting this chant started.

Always There
12-23-2009, 12:25 PM
so who is the majority here?........Boca supporters who have been doing this chant for years?.......the Italian spporters who have been doing it for years?.......or us TFC supporters who have been doing it for 3 years? come on man, let's be real here.

the fix should be simple......RPB chant leaders get the bunch together (Shoeless, tailgate, post game, etc.)....chant leaders tell them "this is how its done".....and the rest follow. Where it fails is when people say "I do it the way I want to".

What I mean is, to someone like me who just joined the chant that I heard and never knew any different it isn't wrong at all. In fact, it's allllrrrriigggghhht!

We do a TFC version, so I don't worry about what boca supporters or Itallian supporters do. The version we do sounds fine. If it is something that is an easy "fix", and people willingly make the change, so be it. If not, the chant is still a good one.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Tricky stuff, especially with the power of that big drum. By the way, is it known as "The Big Drum"? Just curious.

She is known as "Red Thunder" and she's quite the big girl...

Always There
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Roogsy, I must say I completely agree with your last statement, and thank you for informing me of the proper name of Red Thunder.

Blizzard
12-23-2009, 12:31 PM

S7Inv49Ghr8

Wonderful! :scarf::flare::drum:

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 12:35 PM
What I mean is, to someone like me who just joined the chant that I heard and never knew any different it isn't wrong at all. In fact, it's allllrrrriigggghhht!

We do a TFC version, so I don't worry about what boca supporters or Itallian supporters do. The version we do sounds fine. If it is something that is an easy "fix", and people willingly make the change, so be it. If not, the chant is still a good one.

fair enough......but you have to see the argument from the other side too....as somone who has followed the sport for a long time, and also supporters and the culture around it.....call it "purist" or "perfectionist" or whatever....I guess the point is that the people who are not necessarily new to this should be guiding the people who are.

I agree with you for sure in the thought that Forza and the Massive are two of the better chants TFC supporters have, but I just think it will sound even better if done "properly", or as others do them...as it is now, its just too flat and monotone.....should have more melody to it.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 12:38 PM
as it is now, its just too flat and monotone.....should have more melody to it.

OH DEAR LORD SOMEONE HAS FINALLY SAID IT!

All year long I listen to the chant wondering what the hell is wrong with it and here you spelled it out in one sentence.

The chant itself is very musical. To reduce it to such a flat state is hard to listen to without wanting to cry...

smeghead
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
When we did the forza in montreail last year, It fucking a melodic explosion. Almost hypnotizing, especially when we sang it for almost 20 minutes it felt. At home, ughhh. we are just too spread out to overpower the monotone army. good luck trying to change at home. i do my part.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 12:57 PM
OH DEAR LORD SOMEONE HAS FINALLY SAID IT!

All year long I listen to the chant wondering what the hell is wrong with it and here you spelled it out in one sentence.

The chant itself is very musical. To reduce it to such a flat state is hard to listen to without wanting to cry...

you're welcome ;):D

seriously man, the bolded part is my feelings exactly!

now the part for you guys to figure out is how to change it......

Always There
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
fair enough......but you have to see the argument from the other side too....as somone who has followed the sport for a long time, and also supporters and the culture around it.....call it "purist" or "perfectionist" or whatever....I guess the point is that the people who are not necessarily new to this should be guiding the people who are.

I agree with you for sure in the thought that Forza and the Massive are two of the better chants TFC supporters have, but I just think it will sound even better if done "properly", or as others do them...as it is now, its just too flat and monotone.....should have more melody to it.

That's kind of arrogant, don't you think? Personally I've followed soccer my whole life. I for one don't need guidance just because I might be unaware of an Italian chant. I'm also not trying to guide anyone when I join in to what I think is a fun chant. All I'm at BMO to do is enjoy myself.

Arrrrggggghhhh. This thread is frustrating! I'm just going to pretend it was 10 years ago and there was no Youtube to use as a teaching aid. Who knows what crazy chants may have sprung up?

Always There
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Merry Christmas all, I'm out.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
That's kind of arrogant, don't you think? Personally I've followed soccer my whole life. I for one don't need guidance just because I might be unaware of an Italian chant. I'm also not trying to guide anyone when I join in to what I think is a fun chant. All I'm at BMO to do is enjoy myself.

Arrrrggggghhhh. This thread is frustrating! I'm just going to pretend it was 10 years ago and there was no Youtube to use as a teaching aid. Who knows what crazy chants may have sprung up?

wow.....didn't want to come across as arrogant....was just making a reference to this sentence bolded....

What I mean is, to someone like me who just joined the chant that I heard and never knew any different it isn't wrong at all.

from that I assumed that it might have been new to you......sure sounded like it to me.

Not saying for you to guide it either.....just saying that the chant leaders should be doing that and the rest follow....seems logical.....

Canadian Blue
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Before singling out one or two specific chants to improve I think the chanting in general needs improvement. Mainly the Southeast corner needs to learn when and when not to chant. Chanting for 90 minutes regardless of what is going on in the game is ridiculous but worse than that is blowing through the entire repetoire of chants just while watching warm up.......chanting really isn't encouraging if it is constant, it just becomes expected behaviour......

TOBOR !
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Hey, uh, somewhat relatedly I remember NEE trying to start up 'one-nil to TFC' (Go West) and sounded pure shit. Flat ? Yes. Monotone ? Definitely. It's Go West.

How do you screw up 'Go West' ?

Answer : we're tone deaf. We lack harmony and melody.

We're doing the best that we can with what we've got.

NEWPY
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Trumpets ???? :drum: How about a Drum in 111:drum: ?.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Working on it Newpy.

RealG-TFC
12-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Might as well post the source.

bPSsx0EvWl0

Gixmo
12-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Trumpets ???? :drum: How about a Drum in 111:drum: ?.

Working on it, I referred someone to Roogsy this AM about it who has a drum to donate to the cause.

billyfly
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
They're TFC fans too aren't they? I heard they're SSHs

2 are SSH.

AL-MO
12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Before singling out one or two specific chants to improve I think the chanting in general needs improvement. Mainly the Southeast corner needs to learn when and when not to chant. Chanting for 90 minutes regardless of what is going on in the game is ridiculous but worse than that is blowing through the entire repetoire of chants just while watching warm up.......chanting really isn't encouraging if it is constant, it just becomes expected behaviour......

Many would disagree with you.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Might as well post the source.

bPSsx0EvWl0

damn that takes me back

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 02:04 PM
When we did the forza in montreail last year, It fucking a melodic explosion. Almost hypnotizing, especially when we sang it for almost 20 minutes it felt. At home, ughhh. we are just too spread out to overpower the monotone army. good luck trying to change at home. i do my part.

Yes on the road, it's gorgeous.

billyfly
12-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I have always seen our version of Forza to be distinct and a completely different song from Dale Boca. I like both and we should treat them as 2 separate songs.

billyfly
12-23-2009, 02:05 PM
2 of those "boca guys" were Hector and Seba and are 2 out of the 4 of "my group" of Seasons. Me, Danny, Hector and Seba.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I have always seen our version of Forza to be distinct and a completely different song from Dale Boca. I like both and we should treat them as 2 separate songs.

It's the same song...different version if you want to put it that way.

That's like saying Dichio 24 is a "different song" than "Pop goes the world". It isn't. Just a different version with different lyrics. But at the end of the day, there is no denying the origins.

So when you take the original, then you see the different versions around the world (not just Boca) and then compare it to ours...ours is very weak. And to readily accept that is to accept mediocrity in my opinion. We should always be striving to improve.

If we can't get this song down, as simple as it is, what hope is there for more variety or more complex songs?

billyfly
12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
^I am not denying they are the same. But ours is soooo differently sung that a layman would not know they are the same.

I like ours especially when we go on and on at the end of games.

Dale Boca is a great, great tune and I even have it on my iPod. I'd love to hear it in our repertoire at BMO. Just change Boca to an elongated T.O.

Hitcho
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm in 118. If anyone wants to replace TRN with a trumpet line, I hereby grant you authorisation. I have the power to do that. Seriously, I do. Feel free to make it happen.

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm in 118. If anyone wants to replace TRN with a trumpet line, I hereby grant you authorisation. I have the power to do that. Seriously, I do. Feel free to make it happen.

:lol:

I feel your pain...you know I do.

Hitcho
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM
No, you USED to feel my pain, now you whore yourself in 112 and leave your native section behind. :D You're Martina Navratilova laughing it up in the US while her native kinsmen watch people playing tennis with saucepans and pine cones.

Now where's my trumpet line? ;)

GhostKiller
12-23-2009, 02:27 PM
We are actually saying the same thing but coming from different angles.

You said:

And this is exactly right.

Taking this into consideration, how exactly would would a drum START a chant being that it is the rhythm and not the melody? People do not associate a song with the rhythm, they associate a song through the melody. I could lay down the drum beat for any song and it will do nothing to help a person recognize what song it is. How do they recognize it? Through the melody, which a drum cannot do anything to help other than to maintain a stable consistent beat once it has started.

The "taking the lead" part comes into pushing the tempo and rhythm...not the melody.

I was in Stage Band all through high school and in a salsa band afterwards and usually most songs started with the drums and basic rhtyhm section not because it was the drum and bass that had the melody but because the band knew what song came first and the rhythm section were simply getting things started.

But what happens when someone improvises on stage and wants to start a tune a-cappella (which is not unlike what happens at games)? They have to start first and THEN the rhythm section catches on and joins in. Take a look at the movie "Back to the Future" when Michael J Fox's character decides to play "Johnny B Good" without the band knowing and you will get an idea what I am talking about. Once the melody gets going, the drum and bass take over in terms of setting the speed.

There is one instance at the stadium where I never wait for the melody to get started, I simply start without waiting to see around me what the consensus is, and that is Dichio 24. At 23:13, I start at the appropriate speed and keep it up as long as the chant is going.

But when you have 3 or 4 different chants going on around you and you have the capo trying to sort it out to get everyone unified in one single chant, the LAST thing he needs is the drummer to start his own beat to add to the confusion. Believe me, it is a lesson in futility for the drummer to try to set the agenda for the songs and chants being sung. We are there to help unify them. It is such an ad-hoc environment that any attempts by the drummer to demand to set the chant goes against the flow of the crowd, especially since the drummer has his back to the game and has very little feel for the way the game is going other than to feed off the crowd. However, once I get direction from the capo, much like a conductor, that's the beat I am setting and yes, it will enable people to join in. But the set list is not determined by the drummer, it's determined by the people who are in turn "managed" by the capo.

One exception to that is the TFC-clap clap clap chant which is fairly easy to get started with the drum. And I usually do after we have a goal scored on us and the crowd becomes too quiet. I try to motivate them back into the game by getting this chant started.

Word.

Essentially its the same thing your right. The cappo is the one who should be conducting, and the drummer should follow him and the supporter should be following both.

I've only sat in the supporters sec. a few times, so I don't know much on how it works with drummers and cappos, but it looks like the problem could be solved with one cappo visible by all, working with a drummer and/or trumpet player. The cappos are doing a great job in their sections, but thats where they are limited to.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey, uh, somewhat relatedly I remember NEE trying to start up 'one-nil to TFC' (Go West) and sounded pure shit. Flat ? Yes. Monotone ? Definitely. It's Go West.

How do you screw up 'Go West' ?

Answer : we're tone deaf. We lack harmony and melody.

We're doing the best that we can with what we've got.

what game was this? not wanting to turn this into an SG v SG argument at all, just genuinely curious because this is not a chant that is done often or even very popular amongst NEE.....could've been an off day or whatever, but on the flipside there are other songs like Horto that go off very well with us all the time.

It's the same song...different version if you want to put it that way.

That's like saying Dichio 24 is a "different song" than "Pop goes the world". It isn't. Just a different version with different lyrics. But at the end of the day, there is no denying the origins.

So when you take the original, then you see the different versions around the world (not just Boca) and then compare it to ours...ours is very weak. And to readily accept that is to accept mediocrity in my opinion. We should always be striving to improve.

If we can't get this song down, as simple as it is, what hope is there for more variety or more complex songs?

well said!

FluSH
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
2 of those "boca guys" were Hector and Seba and are 2 out of the 4 of "my group" of Seasons. Me, Danny, Hector and Seba.

Great guys... one of them is not even Argentinian, born here correct? He speaks Spanish fluently.. in fact my convo with him was almost entirely in Spanish.

FluSH
12-23-2009, 02:43 PM
what game was this? not wanting to turn this into an SG v SG argument at all, just genuinely curious because this is not a chant that is done often or even very popular amongst NEE.....could've been an off day or whatever, but on the flipside there are other songs like Horto that go off very well with us all the time.

well said!

I think TOBOR is mistaken... we did the GO WEST chant quite often in season one (and also alot of on the fly chants)with 112 old school residents like Big Red, Deeznuts, and probably even Luigi...

Shaughno
12-23-2009, 02:47 PM
I think TOBOR is mistaken... we did the GO WEST chant quite often in season one (and also alot of on the fly chants)with 112 old school residents like Big Red, Deeznuts, and probably even Luigi...

*cough* *cough*

...and it worked too.

TFC Tifoso
12-23-2009, 02:48 PM

cool cool....just wondering is all....

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
No, you USED to feel my pain, now you whore yourself in 112 and leave your native section behind. :D You're Martina Navratilova laughing it up in the US while her native kinsmen watch people playing tennis with saucepans and pine cones.

Now where's my trumpet line? ;)

:lol:

It's part of the plan my friend. I want the whole south stands to be in unison. If the drum unit gets up and running the way I hope, I will be more in 118 than in 112 this year and I will do my part to get it going. I just I don't feel so discouraged as to have to run back to 112 again. :D

TOBOR !
12-23-2009, 03:06 PM
pfft. TOBOR has NEVER been mistaken.

The reason it resonated is I tried it - albeit by myself - in 119 on May 12th, Season 1. Up and down the steps I marched - nothing. I went to get the TRN megaphone guy to help me out. He made things worse.

"What a bunch of sad bastards", I remember thinking. Bah.

FluSH
12-23-2009, 03:12 PM
*cough* *cough*

...and it worked too.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhet

And Shaughno as well.. a 112 resident Legend!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Sure why not? Of course they'd probably want to sing the Boca song and not Forza. :D

exactly....cause half of us are tone deaf....and need help:rolleyes:

trumpet player would do wonders!

any out there??

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 03:22 PM
So far we have a sax, trombone and from what I hear... a skinflute player. :D

I myself...I can bring my recorder.

http://www.santarosa.k12.fl.us/teachers/weaverk/recorder.jpg

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-23-2009, 03:24 PM
112 old school residents !! :)

the good old days!!

bones
12-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I played for 7 years back in school but haven't touched a trumpet for a very long time. I guess if this is just an excuse to get one ;) But I'm up in Row 17 of 112, I'm not sure all the scalped seats between me and the core would appreciate it. HAHAHAHAHA fuck that would be sweet.

No seriously, how realistic is the need for this. I often thought of bringing a horn to the game or even a guitar for The Legend TFC but thought it would be too much.

Bones...

Roogsy
12-23-2009, 09:32 PM
I am thinking we are going to try the trumpet at least once and see how it goes so you may be called upon! Of course, this is after checking with the team that it's ok, I don't see them saying no but we also don't want any problems with security. Shoot...I STILL get stopped with the drum sometimes at the gates if they have a new guy, and banners, bullhorns and flags also get hassled from time to time until we sort them out over and over again.

Keyman
12-23-2009, 10:14 PM
That's it, I'm learning to play the trumpet over the off-season!

Oh and part of the reason why I think the Forza always fails is because it's sung at the end of each half. By that time, everyone who has been singing improperly for the entire match, i.e. screaming, cannot hit anything other than a very low, monotone note.

Canadian Blue
12-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Many would disagree with you.

I know many would disagree and that is the problem.......everyone always talks about making the atmosphere like europe and since some chant non-stop for 90 minutes regardless of the score it only leads me to believe most have never been to european game live in europe......

JDG
12-25-2009, 02:21 PM
That's it, I'm learning to play the trumpet over the off-season!

Oh and part of the reason why I think the Forza always fails is because it's sung at the end of each half. By that time, everyone who has been singing improperly for the entire match, i.e. screaming, cannot hit anything other than a very low, monotone note.

I don't think that's it.
It was initially introduced in a monotone. When I heard it coming from 113 the first time it went on forever, but I didn't hear any change in the notes.
It wasn't until much later, that I learned from a bunch of Road Trippers(read the Workies) that it wasn't meant to be sung in a monotone.

DavydMT
12-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I know many would disagree and that is the problem.......everyone always talks about making the atmosphere like europe and since some chant non-stop for 90 minutes regardless of the score it only leads me to believe most have never been to european game live in europe......

i really love chanting, but to chant non-stop for 90min with number of short (1-2 min) chants starting from different parts of the section in my opinion is confusing, tiring and sometime annoying.

i would like for people to pay more attention to our capos (ideally only capos should start chants) and once we start a chant keep it up for at least 5 minutes no matter what is taking place on the pitch and once we are done take a short break between chants.

Also it would be nice to see main capo is the middle of the south end (or section for now) next to a drum, with guys at the bottom assisting.
TWTUHPfu5Cw

FluSH
12-31-2009, 08:31 AM

Well in the supporter sections they chant non-stop for 90 minutes. At least at Fulham's Craven Cottage. Both Visiting Supporters and those in the Hammersmith End were at it for the vast majority of the game... now the entire stadium didn't pick up the chants all the time (I would say maybe 30% of the time)... but when they did - it was magic.