PDA

View Full Version : Guevara, Guevara... We want Amado Guevara!

Bombonera
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I was just wondering pursuant to CArver's comments re:Honduran phone issues a week or so ago, whether anyone had checked AMado's file for a cell phone number? And on that note, what kind of contract did the man sign anyway? Do we expect him to play 50% of our games...or maybe one in June?

King Tut
06-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Well when you have good players who are regular internationals, they get call ups, ALOT of CALL UPS!

No surprises there..

Bombonera
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
DO we think a gy like Guevara gets paid a "salary" or pro rated by game played? How Does that affect the salary cap if at all? Something just does not make sense about this kind of arrangement.

sully
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't think this mess is Guevara's fault or Honduras either....This rests with MLS to stop dicking around and fix this problem..

Jay P
06-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Guavara is the captain of the Honduras team... if he doesn't report he'll be deemed a traitor to the country, something that bad.... i think this is an exception to what Carver had said cause Amado gets playing time, unlike Sutton, Edu or Brennan who play only up to half a game....

we knew this was coming last month

RealG-TFC
06-13-2008, 04:59 PM
I love AG

Canary Canuck
06-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I think the thing with Amado that bugs Carver is that there's absolutely no intention of returning for TFC games during Honduras's training camp. He just wants to go there and stay there to focus solely on Honduras without the bother of coming back and forth. He's played in two meaningless friendlies and with the tie against Puerto Rico WELL in hand he's still not coming back. This is common with central american players. The national team means everything and club plays is a DISTANT 2nd.

Pryu
06-13-2008, 05:24 PM
It's an honour to be a captain of a national team. Amado needs to set an example as a captain. It's his duty to be where ever he is right now. It would be another thing if he's with the national team sitting on the bench. We signed him knowing the scheduling issues. I'm just happy to have such a force playing for the Toronto FC.

RealG-TFC
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Latinos are very nationalistic people. I guess that's why they're always fighting with each other lol.

ManUtd4ever
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I understand Guevara's loyalty to his country and unlike other recent TFC callups, his absence can be tolerated considering his role on the Honduran squad. Unfortunately for the Reds, Guevara's absences in particular will force Carver to make changes to the formation as well as the roster throughout the rest of the season...

Marc"2L"
06-13-2008, 06:19 PM
If we are going to win anything or go anywhere...then our players now must be capable of getting results. Playing them is our sure fire way to find out.

Cambridge_Red
06-13-2008, 06:21 PM
/\ It sure would be easier with Amado around though :(

Inswingingwingman
06-13-2008, 06:34 PM
The team should ask all countries to call up all the players and show up someplace with a coach, trainer, and waterboy. No players.

that would fix the problem.

noochie
06-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I can understand the FIFA-sanctioned stuff... but a non-sanctioned event against Haiti?? I think even AG could let that one slide...

FluSH
06-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Guavara is the captain of the Honduras team... if he doesn't report he'll be deemed a traitor to the country, something that bad.... i think this is an exception to what Carver had said cause Amado gets playing time, unlike Sutton, Edu or Brennan who play only up to half a game....

we knew this was coming last month

If he didn't report Guevara and his family would have recieved death threats back home...

Canary Canuck
06-14-2008, 12:35 AM
We're not asking him to "not report". I just want to see a little give and take. Say what you will about Honduras playing Haiti the day before, but Guevara should've flown to Houston for Sunday's game and then gone back to Honduras after that. That's not too much to ask considering he'd still get 5 days of training with Honduras ahead of the 2nd Puerto Rico game (which they already have wrapped up). I don't think he'll be getting death threats and claims of betrayal for leaving camp to do his job for one frickin' day!!

FluSH
06-14-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't think he'll be getting death threats and claims of betrayal for leaving camp to do his job for one frickin' day!!

I agree with this... but who knows... maybe he wanted to see his family... regardless I expect nothing but 100% of his effort when he is fully back on the pitch.

profit89
06-14-2008, 05:52 AM
country first, then club.

Pryu
06-14-2008, 08:41 AM
nuff said.