PDA

View Full Version : MLS Draft 2010

Nuvinho
12-21-2009, 11:11 PM
With less than a month remaining before the draft, I was looking at some players that TFC maybe interested in.

Julian Edwards (Defender) Canada
http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=node/9&id=129

Hopefully Mo can move into the 1st round and pick up another player.

As well, I think a deal maybe in place to send Garcia somewhere for a late round pick, else they would of released him with the others.

We have also heard rumours that TFC wants Perk (http://www.mlsdraft.net/?q=node/9&id=58)

Razcle
12-21-2009, 11:22 PM
^ Did you hear that from MLS Rumors?

Nuvinho
12-21-2009, 11:23 PM
^ Did you hear that from MLS Rumors?

nope. I don't think even MLS rumors had that rumour.

Yohan
12-21-2009, 11:30 PM
As well, I think a deal maybe in place to send Garcia somewhere for a late round pick, else they would of released him with the others.
you have a source, or just a hunch?

Nuvinho
12-21-2009, 11:33 PM
you have a source, or just a hunch?

Just a hunch, since I am sure most of us figured that when we started to release players Garcia would be one of them. That would of saved us another $190K.

Yohan
12-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Just a hunch, since I am sure most of us figured that when we started to release players Garcia would be one of them. That would of saved us another $190K.
depends on if he's on a guaranteed contract or not

if he is, even if garcia is released, his salary would still be counted towards the cap

and i think Garcia is on a guaranteed contract... though i dont know for sure

TFCRegina
12-21-2009, 11:42 PM
As I've said before, there's a strong possibility he cannot be released, simply because of the fact he's a negotiator on the Union. It's a perfect way to start a strike and earn a lawsuit...

Ossington Mental Youth
12-21-2009, 11:42 PM
theres been talks of going after perk, trading off frei to get another top draft pick to get opera or someone like that, id still rather see a vet cb as opposed to a fresh from ncaa guy

jloome
12-22-2009, 06:53 PM
As I've said before, there's a strong possibility he cannot be released, simply because of the fact he's a negotiator on the Union. It's a perfect way to start a strike and earn a lawsuit...

It's an association-style agreement with a single-entity system, so that shouldn't be an issue. A non-guaranteed contract may not automatically remove his standing with the players' association but it wouldn't guarantee his contract.

But if I'm a player I'd pick a rep WITH a guaranteed contract, for exactly these kind of competitive advantage issues, which suggests Garcia is going nowhere.

andyc
12-23-2009, 12:42 AM
But if I'm a player I'd pick a rep WITH a guaranteed contract, for exactly these kind of competitive advantage issues, which suggests Garcia is going nowhere.

Wow if that is true, then the Garcia trade could be the single worst deal Mo has ever done...

CretanBull
12-23-2009, 12:53 AM
nope. I don't think even MLS rumors had that rumour.

I can't remember where I read it, but it was said that one of the reasons why Frei was being shopped around was because TFC believe that Perk can step in and be an immediate replacement.

Nuvinho
12-31-2009, 05:40 PM
TFC needs to get into the 1st round, there list of GAs are growing fast.

werewolf
12-31-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=19333