PDA

View Full Version : Random TFC Hat Sighting - Top Gear

James Oliphant
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
So I'm sitting here this morning watching last night's episode of the BBC automotive show Top Gear, in which the boys have opened an automotive-themed art exhibit in Middlesbrough.

Needing better attendance for their one-day exhibit to win their bet, they head over to Riverside Stadium, home of Middlesbrough FC, to beg the crowd to join them at the exhibit after the match.

In the crowd, I spot this:

http://gotorontofc.com/jamey/top_gear_tfc_2.jpg

It's official...we're everywhere!

billyfly
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Just like CityPulse.

ArmenJBX
12-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Sweet :O

Gixmo
12-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Well dressed man

Let's not forget, we have, or had, several UK users active on the forums for some time.

James Oliphant
12-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes, but were any of them on Top Gear? A show which is seen by an estimated 350 million viewers worldwide?

Nodoubtguy
12-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Sweetness!!

Gixmo
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes, but were any of them on Top Gear? A show which is seen by an estimated 350 million viewers worldwide?

Who knows.. I was not contesting the point, just that we already reached the UK prior.. A tidbit of useless information for those not around forever... Tis all... Speaking of which, where did Chilly go?

I know the reach Top Gear has, just ask my PC HDD and the lack of space.

Hitcho
12-21-2009, 10:21 AM
This is great, but it's not an isolated incident for TFC gear to be found in the UK. I know people who have seen it in London. And the Boro link probably helped - sending TFC gear back to friends/family in the UK as a gift is a good idea for football fans.

The Top Gear broadcast was a bonus though - good eye James!

SilverSamurai
12-21-2009, 10:58 AM
THAT's! MY DAD!!!!

j/k, I'm no where near having any British ancestry... but if someone wants to adopt me so I can get an EU passport, feel free!

FluSH
12-21-2009, 11:45 AM
That's awesome...

Roogsy
12-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Love it! Nice catch James.

ilikemusic
12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
So I'm sitting here this morning watching last night's episode of the BBC automotive show Top Gear, in which the boys have opened an automotive-themed art exhibit in Middlesbrough.

Needing better attendance for their one-day exhibit to win their bet, they head over to Riverside Stadium, home of Middlesbrough FC, to beg the crowd to join them at the exhibit after the match.

Spoilers!!!! :hulk:

:D

rocker
12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
that's a stylish cap with a great logo... no wonder it's spreading around the world :)

s2cazz
12-21-2009, 12:13 PM

So thats what Kingpin looks like!

Parkdale
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM
So thats what Kingpin looks like!

oh boy.... :D

wzhxvy
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
I think if we are going to make fun of people we should at least do so with ones that can defend themselves...poor King...I miss his rants

RedRum
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I think if we are going to make fun of people we should at least do so with ones that can defend themselves...poor King...I miss his rants

Me too. If anyone has his contact info ask him to start posting on the NEE boards. Often times the points of his posts were valid. The delivery was a different story and not for everyone. I for one for enjoyed them though.

James Oliphant
12-21-2009, 04:48 PM
N2J-1a2u7P0

Parkdale
12-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Me too. If anyone has his contact info ask him to start posting on the NEE boards.

He went to the NEE boards the day he was banned, and didn't last long.

FluSH
12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Me too. If anyone has his contact info ask him to start posting on the NEE boards. Often times the points of his posts were valid. The delivery was a different story and not for everyone. I for one for enjoyed them though.

He was a great guy as far as I knew him in person... as far as his posts he did have some good points here and there... although I didn't read every single post... most of them were quite lenghty and I just didn't have enough time to invest on the boards... heck I still don't... but this is another story for a different thread.

s2cazz
12-21-2009, 06:15 PM

Hey! I'm not making fun of anybody!... I only say that because as far as I know he's in England....:canada:

Get In There
12-21-2009, 06:19 PM

You're being petty

Don't go Nanny trolling others if you can't raise the level of discourse yourself.

B

AL-MO
12-21-2009, 08:45 PM

You're being petty

Don't go Nanny trolling others if you can't raise the level of discourse yourself.

B

Parkdale tells no lies.

H Bomb
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahaha :picard:

good stuff. Keep it up y'all.

NF-FC
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
HA, I just watched this episode today and was going to post it. I thought nobody else would catch it. I guess I underestimated you guys!