PDA

View Full Version : TFC vs Europe Ticket prices

james
12-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Heres looking at different ticket prices in Europe, these prices however are from 2006 so prices may have changed a bit since, but it gives you a good idea on price differences. I converted the money exchange to Canadian dollars:

Italy
As Roma $22.50 - $150
Ac Milan $17.85 - $104.50
Fiorentina $21 - $120
As Livorno $24 - $34.50

France
Lyon $21 - $120
Marseille - $45-$75
PSG $28.50 - $90
AS Saint-Etienne $12 - $45
Monaco $12 - $60

Scotland
Celtic $39.10 - $42.50
Rangers $34- $37.40
Dundee United $32.30 - $45.90
Aberdeen $25.50 - $42.50

England
Aston Villa $28.50 - $49.30
Liverpool $47.60 - $51
Chelsea $64.60 - $81.60
Portsmouth $44.20 - $51
Millwall $28.90 - $39.10
Blackpool $26.35 - $32.30
Oldham $23.80 - $30.60

austria
Red Bull Salzburg $13.50 - $18

Ireland
Cork City $19.50

Netherlands
Den Haag $18 - $34.50
Feyenoord $19.50 - $43.50
Ajax $33 - $70.50
Heerenveen $22.50 - $25.50

Germany
Stuttgart $16.35 - $66.90
Dortmund $30 - $69
Leverkusen $26.25 -$45
Hannover $19.50 - 67.50

Yohan
12-20-2009, 09:12 PM
what's your point?

Super
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
TFC is cheaper than most of these. I pay less than $20 per game for my south end tickets.

torontocelt
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
what's your point?

I would imagine he is implying TFC fans are being ripped off for the amount they have to pay to watch MLS football.

uncle p
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
How many time do we have to have this discussion?

james
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
id say our ticket prices arent to bad right now. I can still afford to sit in the South End. However if prices keep increassing like they have every single year then i would say we are deffinitly getting ripped off considerring the low quality of skill on the field compared to these other leagues. Id say we are no better then teams like Aberdeen whos tickets cost less overall.

CretanBull
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
MLS generates its money through the gate, in Europe teams generate their money through TV deals. We'll have every right to complain about ticket prices when our league sells its TV rights for a BILLION and half dollars...

Yohan
12-20-2009, 09:27 PM
if you want to see higher quality of football live, feel free to fly to europe

MLS is what you get in North America, and you pay price according to demand...

james
12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
TFC is cheaper than most of these. I pay less than $20 per game for my south end tickets.

ya but single tickets are $23. Im not sure what the higest price tickets are for TFC. I dont think tickets in the South End should be selling over $25.

torontocelt
12-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Even with demand I find it difficult to justify some of the ticket prices at BMO field, some are definitely a big time rip off. God help us all if we continue to stick up for the MLSE charging $112 for a ticket to an MLS game, that is just insane. From a football point of view any ticket in the ground should not be above $40.

prizby
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
j/w if u work for TFC FO and are trying to justify price raising?

SilverSamurai
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
You also have to remember that BMO Field only has a 21k capacity, which is smaller then most if not all of the clubs you've listed.

james
12-20-2009, 11:59 PM
You also have to remember that BMO Field only has a 21k capacity, which is smaller then most if not all of the clubs you've listed.

no not really, alot of these i listed are same size or smaller then BMO field
Portsmouth 20,200
Aberdeen 21,600
Oldham 13,500
Millwall 20,100
Blackpool 9,000
Dundee United 14,200
den Haag 11,000
Monaco 18,500
As Livorno 18,500
Cork City 9,000

prizby
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM

not to mention that half of the teams on this list don't sell out (regularly) or at all ever

james
12-21-2009, 12:19 AM
ya even the big Italian clubs As Roma and AC Milan dont sell out most there games. Ony big matches like Champions League or derby matches.

Cashcleaner
12-21-2009, 12:34 AM
There's a lot of reasons why our ticket prices are what they are. I think the biggest factor is the fact that BMO Field only seats 21,000. As the capacity is so small compared to many of the other teams you've listed, each available seat is at a premium when you consider the demand for TFC tickets. Perhaps if we had a larger stadium the price per seat would be less costly, but that's all speculation.

It's hard to argue with the concept of supply-and-demand. Let's face it, we all know the level of talent in MLS is well below that of the English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc., yet the prices between MLS and those leagues are fairly comparable. There's really nothing else to say other then to point out that TFC sells tickets at an inflated price and more than enough people are willing to pay that price. Sure, we can get mad and bitch about it, and that's perfectly understandable, but little will change unless the demand drops off.

T.Reis
12-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Someone with more knowledge may want to confirm this but I think the demand=price factor may be a little unfair.

One of the "demand" factors is based upon the SSH waiting list (I believe). The same list that people who are not interested in getteng season seats are told they should sign up for when they are inquiring about TFC related events. Ex- The Real game. This way they get priority over the general public for tickets.

Can someone confirm?

Yozzarian
12-21-2009, 02:39 AM
Look at what other things cost in comparison. Canada is expensive. Full stop. Toronto even more so.

Cashcleaner
12-21-2009, 03:04 AM
^ Well, compared to the rest of North America, operating a business in Toronto can be rather expensive, but well below the costs you'll find in most European cities. As expensive as it can be to work in Toronto, it's really not up there with London, Rome, Paris, Berlin, etc.

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 07:27 AM
There's a lot of reasons why our ticket prices are what they are. I think the biggest factor is the fact that BMO Field only seats 21,000. As the capacity is so small compared to many of the other teams you've listed, each available seat is at a premium when you consider the demand for TFC tickets. Perhaps if we had a larger stadium the price per seat would be less costly, but that's all speculation.

It's hard to argue with the concept of supply-and-demand. Let's face it, we all know the level of talent in MLS is well below that of the English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc., yet the prices between MLS and those leagues are fairly comparable. There's really nothing else to say other then to point out that TFC sells tickets at an inflated price and more than enough people are willing to pay that price. Sure, we can get mad and bitch about it, and that's perfectly understandable, but little will change unless the demand drops off.

Agreed. Toronto FC is one of the more expensive MLS teams so it is not as if the entire MLS is charging inflated ticket prices for what is on the pitch. The MLSE has fans who will pay inflated costs to see a quality on the pitch which does not justify the ticket price. The MLSE realises this, we all realise this. I dont think it helps when we as fans help them justify the price by telling people to just suck it up and fly over to europe for a game if you are not happy as this will cost way more. The MLSE should be tackled on ticket prices, they are pushing the limits for most people on these boards in their ticket prices. The next logical step for the MLSE will be to increase the cheap tickets as the expensive ones are already at their limit I would think? Once the south stand and the light grey prices go up to say $600 - $700 then we will see more people on these boards coming out and criticizing the MLSE for ticket prices which are not justified. I could imagine that will not be far away unless they have to go by some code which does not allow them to increase supports areas by a certain amount? People in these areas have it very good at the moment but unless demand falls then that may not last too much longer.

Oldtimer
12-21-2009, 07:50 AM
MLSE is giving us De Guzman and a real grass pitch, which all together is costing them almost $6 million.

They can justify the current ticket prices because of that. Many of these clubs play in stadiums where they didn't contribute any financial resources. The big issue is that most of us afraid that they will continue to raise ticket prices until we can't afford them.

By the way, if Red bull is in Salzburg, does that mean that they are still as horrible as that team in New Jersey?

rocker
12-21-2009, 08:36 AM
the only thing I find interesting about the list is that some teams like Celtic have a very small range of price. why is that? Celtic doesn't really have the equivalent of "cheap seats" in north america. same with Liverpool. their low-end tickets are pretty expensive.

At least BMO has a large range.

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 08:57 AM
the only thing I find interesting about the list is that some teams like Celtic have a very small range of price. why is that? Celtic doesn't really have the equivalent of "cheap seats" in north america. same with Liverpool. their low-end tickets are pretty expensive.

At least BMO has a large range.

That is my main beef with the pricing as I have been to Celtic Park many times and there are not prices that are varied. Can anyone please explain to me here how a club seast is $1900 but a seat in the south $380? Is the club seat really worth an extra $1500 for its view and use of a bar and toilet? It is crazy how they price football here.

rocker
12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
That is my main beef with the pricing as I have been to Celtic Park many times and there are not prices that are varied. Can anyone please explain to me here how a club seast is $1900 but a seat in the south $380? Is the club seat really worth an extra $1500 for its view and use of a bar and toilet? It is crazy how they price football here.

so what's the business philosophy at Celtic? equality in ticket prices?
surely some seats are much worse than others, right? What if the minimum is too high for someone to pay, particularly for shitty seats?

I actually wanted club seats this year but couldn't get any at my relocation.
I like the club restaurant underneath and the fact they have the private washrooms ;)

Beach_Red
12-21-2009, 10:28 AM

Well, of course, all prices are based on what people are willing to pay. So yes, someone out there feels that the use of the bar and the toilet is worth an extra $1500.00.

Som people feel it's perfectly reasonable to spend $120,000 for a car to drive on the roads we have here - go figure.

The only thing that might affect the prices of TFC games is if someone put a Toronto team in that new NASL, got a new stadium and a new grass pitch, a few good players and charged less.

Let's face it, capitalism works as well as democracy ;).

sully
12-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Look at what other things cost in comparison. Canada is expensive. Full stop. Toronto even more so.

It's hard to generalise these things...but in comparison, Ontario is much cheaper than Ireland and Britain but probably comparible to mainland Europe.

Toronto is of course more expensive than other parts of Ontario, but much less expensive than places like London and Paris.

However, it's hard to compare different economies, as income levels and costs of living can be very different. In Ireland people make more money (or the ones that are fortunate to still have a job) than in Ontario in general, but costs of living are more expensive than Ontario...personally I think overall people are much better off in Ontario overall..

On the ticket price comparison, I went to see Crystal Palace (Championship division) play Manchester City in the Carling Cup a few months ago, and it was £15 (or $25) for the cheapest ticket....

Parkdale
12-21-2009, 10:41 AM
you know what....

Please stop comparing Toronto to Europe. They are different, and always will be.

the only fair comparisons are
a) other sporting events in Toronto
b) other MLS venues around North America.

in the case of a) TFC tickets are a pretty sweet deal.
In the case of b) TFC tickets are a pretty big ripoff.

there is no comparison to europe, so please stop with that nonsense.

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
so what's the business philosophy at Celtic? equality in ticket prices?
surely some seats are much worse than others, right? What if the minimum is too high for someone to pay, particularly for shitty seats?

I actually wanted club seats this year but couldn't get any at my relocation.
I like the club restaurant underneath and the fact they have the private washrooms ;)

The worst seats in celtic park are the obstructed ones, one time I was sat right behind a pole/ roof support in the main stand and you could only see half the pitch lol. Luckily I was able to move to a couple of spare seats further down and the view was perfect. Those seats are rare though and I can honestly say there is not a bad seat in Celtic park apart from those onbstucted ones which suck. In Scotland we are renowned for our complaining and to be honest if ticket prices were above 30 pounds for games outside of the old firm and Europe then people would either kick up a massive fuss or they would simply stop going. In Scotland some people are still pissed at having to pay 28 pounds or so to see a sub standard Celtic team play in a league that is pretty much a two horse race and that is being seen in the stands now as attendances are dipping. People do not understand why ticket prices are still the same when we dont have real star players anymore and it is understandable.

Basically and I do not mean offence but people in Scotland would not stand for paying crazily inflated ticket prices for a product that does not warrant it. Toronto differs and the ticket pricing policy differs from Scotland in that people here will pay inflated ticket prices to see a product that does not warrant it, you can count me as one of those people also. This does not mean that you have to sit there and justify the prices MLSE charge though, they are definitely over charging for the product on the pitch in some areas of their stadium just like they are over charging for the football jerseys you can buy. They are taking all of us for every cent they can get while the product is still in demand, that is good business for them but at the end of the day in my opinion they are still ripping off a lot of people.

redtfcred
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
you know what....

Please stop comparing Toronto to Europe. They are different, and always will be.

hahahaha that funny and right really
we can talk about it all day but really who gives a fuck ..
on this board especially prices are not affecting patchers

Beach_Red
12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
In Scotland some people are still pissed at having to pay 28 pounds or so to see a sub standard Celtic team play in a league that is pretty much a two horse race and that is being seen in the stands now as attendances are dipping. People do not understand why ticket prices are still the same when we dont have real star players anymore and it is understandable.

I'm just curious, where do you see this going in Scotland?

Always There
12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
It's hard to generalise these things...but in comparison, Ontario is much cheaper than Ireland and Britain but probably comparible to mainland Europe.

Toronto is of course more expensive than other parts of Ontario, but much less expensive than places like London and Paris.

However, it's hard to compare different economies, as income levels and costs of living can be very different. In Ireland people make more money (or the ones that are fortunate to still have a job) than in Ontario in general, but costs of living are more expensive than Ontario...personally I think overall people are much better off in Ontario overall..

On the ticket price comparison, I went to see Crystal Palace (Championship division) play Manchester City in the Carling Cup a few months ago, and it was £15 (or $25) for the cheapest ticket....

I was recently in Paris and didn't find it all that expensive. It was quite expensive in the bars for alcohol, but in the grocery store things were fairly cheap. I ate at a few restaurants that were reasonable also. McDonald's breakfasts were actually cheaper than they are here. The Metro system was cheaper also, if I remember correctly.

I just wanted to say this because I've always heard of Paris as being expensive, sort of dirty and the people were rude. For me it was the opposite. It didn't cost me a lot, the city was incredibly clean and the people were very nice and helpful. Go if you ever get the chance.

I would agree with CreatanBull that because we are such a gate driven league our ticket prices have to carry the majority of the revenue. Personally I'm amazed that our tickets are so expensive in parts of BMO, but people seem to buy them, so, who's to say what's too expensive?

I think they've always been a similar price, so the demand really doesn't have a lot to do with it. It's more the cost of doing business.

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm just curious, where do you see this going in Scotland?

Well european matches that are not included in season ticket packages are not sell outs and they used to always be. Celtic will always have its hard core supporters but sometimes for cup games they dont even open up the top half of the stadium, when I seen that I was shocked to say the least.

Billy the kid
12-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Supply and demand. Also some of those teams play in huge stadiums and those low end tickets would be like watching in an 80,000 seat football stadium from close to the top. Atleast BMO is an intimate atmoshere.

Carefree
12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
The price of the ticket has nothing to do with the quality of the play on the pitch. It has nothing to do with how much people pay in other countries. It has nothing to do with what people pay in Columbus, Kansas City, New York, etc.

It's simply the balance point between supply and demand. There are only 21000 seats in the stadium and a lot more people than that willing to pay big bucks to go to a game. MLSE sells the tickets at the highest price that it can while still having a maximum number of buyers.

</thread>

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
The price of the ticket has nothing to do with the quality of the play on the pitch. It has nothing to do with how much people pay in other countries. It has nothing to do with what people pay in Columbus, Kansas City, New York, etc.

It's simply the balance point between supply and demand. There are only 21000 seats in the stadium and a lot more people than that willing to pay big bucks to go to a game. MLSE sells the tickets at the highest price that it can while still having a maximum number of buyers.

</thread>

Agreed although that doesn't mean that MLSE are not ripping lots of people off though, which they are with the price they charge.

SilverSamurai
12-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I was recently in Paris and didn't find it all that expensive. It was quite expensive in the bars for alcohol, but in the grocery store things were fairly cheap. I ate at a few restaurants that were reasonable also. McDonald's breakfasts were actually cheaper than they are here. The Metro system was cheaper also, if I remember correctly.

I just wanted to say this because I've always heard of Paris as being expensive, sort of dirty and the people were rude. For me it was the opposite. It didn't cost me a lot, the city was incredibly clean and the people were very nice and helpful. Go if you ever get the chance.

I would agree with CreatanBull that because we are such a gate driven league our ticket prices have to carry the majority of the revenue. Personally I'm amazed that our tickets are so expensive in parts of BMO, but people seem to buy them, so, who's to say what's too expensive?

I think they've always been a similar price, so the demand really doesn't have a lot to do with it. It's more the cost of doing business.
I found Paris expensive and London cheap. Go figure...
I found the people to be nice, but then again I attempted to talk to them in French...
But ya it's def worth going to.

If you want to compare to a dif country here are the general prices for Chivas Guadalajara:
Los precios de los boletos para la temporada Apertura 2009 son los siguientes (a excepción de clásicos, Libertadores y liguilla en los cuales puede variar) :

VIP
$600
Dorada
$400
Preferente Oriente
$310
Preferente Poniente
$310
Aficionado Sur
$220
Aficionado Norte
$200
B Oriente
$120
B Poniente
$120
C Norte
$80
C Sur
$80
http://www.chivascampeon.com/paginas/boletos.php

Divide by 10 and you pretty much get the Canadian dollar. It's less than here, but they make most if not all their $$$ through merchandising and tv deals. The new owner is pretty much whoring them out. :facepalm:

Auzzy
12-21-2009, 02:41 PM

I've been watching more games from various European and international leagues in the past year or so, and I'm often amazed at how empty the stadiums (big & small) are for many games. I mean, we make fun of some other MLS cities, and we get upset if BMO isn't packed to the gills for the full 90, but I'm not always sure what we're trying to compare ourselves to. And then when you see the player salaries & transfer deals in those other leagues -- obviously TV & sponsorship deals (plus a bit of voodoo economics) play a huge role.

RE Paris: I can't comment about the prices etc. because so much has changed over the years with the CDN $/ US $/ Euro exchange rates. RE people being nice & helpful in Paris: any chance you didn't go there in the summer? Two of my brothers used to live there & told me: Paris is overrun with tourists in summer. Meanwhile most Parisians like to be out of the city on holidays at that time. So a couple of regular staff (and lots of fill-ins) have to hang around to deal with hordes of tourist (most of whom don't speak French), aren't very happy about it, and show it -- but they're usually busy anyway despite louse service.

Paris is supposed to be a much nicer place to visit at other times of year. But then again, that might have changed over the years as well.

Pookie
12-21-2009, 04:20 PM
I've talked about this in a couple of other threads but my biggest challenge with our ticket prices is the fact that some games are priced at a "Premium."

I get the logic behind it and probably see why it might be a reasonable thing for a business to do if you have a player like Beckham coming to play (in theory because old Golden Balls never played here outside of the All Star game).

I dont' get the logic at all when it comes to quality of play. This is a league that is built around parity (which isn't a bad thing). You have 7 teams still in a playoff position on the last day of the season. The top team in the league gets bounced in the first round. There isn't that much of a difference between the top and bottom clubs.

If you are paying extra to see stars (like Beckham) there also aren't big enough names to justify that premium price. GBS? Angel? Blanco? Really? I need to pay extra to see those guys?

werewolf
12-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I remember when the ticket prices were announced, and someone found them to be almost exactly the same as Bayern Munich... :lol:

Parkdale
12-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I remember when the ticket prices were announced, and someone found them to be almost exactly the same as Bayern Munich... :lol:

again it's comparing apples to oranges.

that would imply that it's way more expensive to see The Raptors (a middle of the pack NBA squad with no real stars, and a desperately small chance of making the playoffs) for the same price as seeing one of the top teams in Germany.

again, there's no use in making the comparison.

Parkdale
12-21-2009, 04:32 PM
and if we're going to go way out on a limb with our comparisons...

Overall, the ticket prices for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ are comparable to 2006 prices with an average of USD 139 per ticket compared with USD 136 (adjusted for EUR to USD exchange rate conversion) in 2006. The ticketing proposal was elaborated jointly by FIFA and the South African LOC. The prices (cf. separate list), which range from USD 20 for a category 4 ticket for a group stage match to USD 900 for a category 1 ticket for the final, reflect FIFA's positioning of the FIFA World Cup™ as a premium international sporting event, yet also take account of the South African market. In 2006, the cheapest ticket cost EUR 35 (approximately USD 51).

so WC tickets can go from $20 to about $900. that's just like a leaf game? no?

jabbronies
12-21-2009, 04:32 PM
France
Lyon $21 - $120
Marseille - $45-$75
PSG $28.50 - $90
AS Saint-Etienne $12 - $45
Monaco $12 - $60

I paid more for mine...and it was bought right from the club. i think the price here is off

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 05:20 PM
and if we're going to go way out on a limb with our comparisons...

so WC tickets can go from $20 to about $900. that's just like a leaf game? no?

Yeah but you are making reference to an ordinary group game and a group one ticket for the world cup final. The ordinary group games have to be affordable so the locals can go otherwise what is the point? The world cup final is the highest achievment a player / country can ever achieve in world football and it only happens once every four years. People would pay an arm and a leg to see it in person. I would imagine that group 1 is the most expensive ticket but even then they could have charged way more and people would pay it. If the world cup was organised by the MLSE and the final was in Toronto how much do you think they would charge for a ticket? I would reckon they would probably try and flog them for $5000 - $8000 a piece for a group 1 ticket and I aint joking. Even then you would get people coming on here defending that price using 'supply and demand' as their explanation.

Yeoman
12-21-2009, 05:39 PM
again it's comparing apples to oranges.

that would imply that it's way more expensive to see The Raptors (a middle of the pack NBA squad with no real stars, and a desperately small chance of making the playoffs) for the same price as seeing one of the top teams in Germany.

again, there's no use in making the comparison.

but then parky you're comparing a hard cap vs a soft cap
just sayin

werewolf
12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
If mls wants to be compared to other professional (and more established) leagues around the world, they will be compared in all ways, not just what is most convienent for them.

james
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I paid more for mine...and it was bought right from the club. i think the price here is off

i dont know man. The prices i posted from different clubs was from 2006. I just checked the Saint Etienne official website right now and it appers to me they are showing tickets for 20 euros which is $30 canadian, tho i also dont speak french so maybe the selling something else. So i dont know maybe you had some VIP tickets or maybe it was a cup match or something, anyone speak french and tell me what the website is saying? Are these ticket prices??

http://www.digitick.com/ext/billetterie3/index.php4?site=asse&p=11&idRep=429525
http://billetterie.asse.fr/?page=etape1
http://billetterie.asse.fr/?page=etape2&idMatch=71

james
12-21-2009, 06:27 PM
as far as selling cheap ticekts i think $20 tickets in the South End is a reasonable price. Almost all these clubs big or small often dont go for less then $20. I mean even a team like Cork City charge alomst $20. However the big difference is temas beside the big giants like AC Millan, Chelsea, As Roma, smaller clubs dont sell tickets for over $50. Its is crazy when you think about it to pay over $50 for an MLS game exspecially when really you can see good anywhere in BMO field, it the view really that much better in the West Stand lower deck then it is in the upper deck. You can see good from both spots yet price difference is huge. But hey i guess if people willing to pay it then MLSE will charge it.

Super
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
Comparing prices with other countries means nothing. It's all about supply and demand in your market. Any club in the world, regardless of the sport, would gladly charge more if they could. I've never heard of a single club lower its prices when they're selling out. No business either.

james
12-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Comparing prices with other countries means nothing. It's all about supply and demand in your market. Any club in the world, regardless of the sport, would gladly charge more if they could. I've never heard of a single club lower its prices when they're selling out. No business either.

a few years ago i remember there was something about a group of people trying to get the Premiership to lower prices because it was to exspenisve for reguler fans to attend anymore...Everton and some other team lowered there prices, i dont think any other team did tho. So thats probably the one rare ocassion where a team was selling out and lowered prices.

james
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Well european matches that are not included in season ticket packages are not sell outs and they used to always be. Celtic will always have its hard core supporters but sometimes for cup games they dont even open up the top half of the stadium, when I seen that I was shocked to say the least.

i was just checking there website. On the plus side Celtic have a bunch of games where prices are lowered for younger teens under 16 and seniors over 65 tickets are lowered to 16 pounds or about $28. On Boxing day vs Hamilton its 5 pounds for Seniors and kids under 16. Thats a pretty good deal, ive never seen TFC have any deals like that.

Same goes for Villa, they have a upcomming game where under 16's are only 5 pounds. $8.50 canadian. Thats a deal!!

torontocelt
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
i was just checking there website. On the plus side Celtic have a bunch of games where prices are lowered for younger teens under 16 and seniors over 65 tickets are lowered to 16 pounds or about $28. On Boxing day vs Hamilton its 5 pounds for Seniors and kids under 16. Thats a pretty good deal, ive never seen TFC have any deals like that.

Same goes for Villa, they have a upcomming game where under 16's are only 5 pounds. $8.50 canadian. Thats a deal!!

Yep in Scotland kids and seniors are half price, at TFC, well not so much...

prizby
12-21-2009, 09:01 PM
By the way, if Red bull is in Salzburg, does that mean that they are still as horrible as that team in New Jersey?

they made the round of 32 in Europa League i believe...red bull also recently purchased a team in the 5th league in Germany in Leipzig and bought the world cup stadium i believe and are renaming it Red Bull Arena (the third stadium to hold this name lol...)

james
12-21-2009, 10:19 PM
MLSE is giving us De Guzman and a real grass pitch, which all together is costing them almost $6 million.

They can justify the current ticket prices because of that. Many of these clubs play in stadiums where they didn't contribute any financial resources. The big issue is that most of us afraid that they will continue to raise ticket prices until we can't afford them.

even with Red Bull Salzburg in a rather small league in Austria unknown to most people outside of Austria, Red Bull Salzburg would probably easily run away with the MLS cup. They just finnished top of the group in Europa League with 6 wins, was the only team to win all 6 matches and 18 points. Finnished ahead of Villarreal, Lazio and Levski in there group.

james
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
they made the round of 32 in Europa League i believe...red bull also recently purchased a team in the 5th league in Germany in Leipzig and bought the world cup stadium i believe and are renaming it Red Bull Arena (the third stadium to hold this name lol...)

i dont really care that they buy stadiums and name it Red Bull Arena, hell new stadiums change names all the time these days with coprate names, unless it was an old stadium with a traditional name like Old Trafford or something. However what i do hate about Red Bull is the fact that they change teams with History. They were originally called SV Austria Salzburg and formed in 1933 and traditionally use to wear purple. Then in 2005 Red Bull just came and bought the team and changed the team name, team crest and team colours, half of Salzburg supporters split and re-formed the old club in a lower division while other supporters went and support now Red Bull Salzburg. THat would seriously piss me off tho if a owner came and took over the team and just got rid of its name and tradition. Its horrible.

Even worse do they seriously need to be called Red Bull, have a Red Bull crest as well as a Red Bull giant sponsor across the shirt. Over kill!!

Razcle
12-21-2009, 11:30 PM
you know what....

I dunno, I wouldn't pay 5 bucks to watch a RBNY game at meadowlands. Thankfully NY got their shit together just as the wife starting requesting we visit the big city. Having TFC play will really make the trip worth taking. Its only a ripoff if it gets outside your price range. So far this has not been the case.