PDA

View Full Version : TFC for Blaise N'Kufo swoop (Swiss International - FC Twente)

prizby
12-20-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.sevendays.nl/artikel/181820

Translation of 2nd paragraph (sort of)

"The statue will reveals become around the last home competition of this season against Feyenoord (18 April 2010). Then N takes' Kufo (34) probable parting of the major league football. Its contract by FC Twente walks finished and the Swiss want to Canada, where its woman lives."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Kufo

He wants to come to Canada, but I am not that keen on signing a 34/35 year old...no matter his goal scoring ratio

CretanBull
12-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Look at the average age of the MLS MVPS...why wouldn't you want to sign a 34 year old?

TFCUNITED
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
If he can make the team better, who cares how old he is.

brad
12-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Ryan Giggs is 36. Think he would be too old to improve TFC? Or should we maybe look at what the player is capable of doing rather than writing them off based on age.

TFCtoMUFC
12-20-2009, 12:12 PM
If he can make the team better, who cares how old he is.

In the long run that doesn't help us. He is a band aid type fix. I would rather get a guy that is 10 years younger and develop him.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Good goal-scoring record for Twente, but he only earned 27 caps for Switzerland? And they haven't exactly been blessed with an abundance of great strikers over the years, they've been few and far between (Chapuisat and Frei are the only recent notables that come to mind).

Beach_Red
12-20-2009, 12:40 PM
In the long run that doesn't help us. He is a band aid type fix. I would rather get a guy that is 10 years younger and develop him.

There is no "long run" in MLS - you develop someone and they go on to another league. There's no development in MLS.

This is an opportunists's league, grab what you can now.

Gixmo
12-20-2009, 12:45 PM
With a strike rate like that in this type of league, he could work out just nice..

Would you rather have a young Barrett leading your offense?

Looking at his style online, he'd be a nice partner for OBW

TFCUNITED
12-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Barrett, White, and Ibrahim are all 10+ years younger than this guy that we are developing. I would love to get someone young and have a very good scoring ratio but if this guy can score us some goals in the near future until we have a good consistent goal scorer, then there is no harm in it. It's not everyday you have a chance to sign a top goal scorer from the Dutch league.

BleedRed
12-20-2009, 12:46 PM

the 10 year plan....smart...

prizby
12-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Good goal-scoring record for Twente, but he only earned 27 caps for Switzerland? And they haven't exactly been blessed with an abundance of great strikers over the years, they've been few and far between (Chapuisat and Frei are the only recent notables that come to mind).

N'Kufo scored 5 goals in the first 6 qualification games for switzerland for 2010

H Bomb
12-20-2009, 01:07 PM
i get fed up with these long term plan ideas. I love young players too but each year is something different. You try to win each and every year. Even team that repeat championships look different from one season to the next. if he'll make us better for a season then get him, end of.

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-20-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't see the problem with signing a 34 year old player, it's not like TFC's signing five 34 year olds, the core of the team is on the younger side. As someone pointed out above Giggs is still getting it done, a lot of Italian team have players in this age range too.

Hitcho
12-20-2009, 01:14 PM
"...the Swiss want to Canada, where its woman lives."

:smilielol5: :D

(Laughing at the funny translation, not you Prizby!)

ag futbol
12-20-2009, 02:08 PM
This isn't a long run league at this point (unless the CBA is a game changer) it's closer to a get rich quick scheme.

You can't develop your own talent because it leaves. Can't keep guys under contract who perform because they go elsewhere. You basically have to hit the right note with your signings / trades and hope it all comes together.

I have little knowledge of his recent play, but his overall track record looks fantastic.

TFC OZZ
12-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Interesting.

He's a bigger guy, with an eye for goal, and a good scoring record recently. Despite his age, if he can come in and continue his form why not?

Keyman
12-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Well he's had consistent success at a relatively high level, and hasn't dropped off at all. Based on the ever reliable wikipedia, I say sign him :D

manic.street.preacher
12-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Twente isn't top of the Eredivisie for nothing and N'Kufo has been solid ... i'd be beyond stoked if TFC managed to sign him

oxygenatedbrain
12-20-2009, 04:01 PM
From last March:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=412504&highlight=blaise+n%27kufo#post412504

poppamidnight
12-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd take 'em...
We still need a vet striker to mentor OBW IMO...'

Let's be honest, we don't want him taking advice from Barrett now do we?

I'd splash some of Vitti's $ onto him...

Brooker
12-20-2009, 04:17 PM
he and danny dichio are the same height... <3

Keegan
12-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Saying you'd rather get a player 10 years younger and develop them is ridiculous...

WHY?! This is MLS, that just means you are developing a guy to sell them off.

Kufo led Switzerland in goals this past WCQ!!!! They finished top of their group and he is basically guaranteed to be on their 2010 roster. SIGN HIM UP!

Anyone who isn't pushing for TFC to sign this guy, a proven goalscorer at club level and internationally in a position we desperately need must have their head checked!

Keegan
12-20-2009, 05:04 PM
I'd take 'em...
We still need a vet striker to mentor OBW IMO...'

Let's be honest, we don't want him taking advice from Barrett now do we?

I'd splash some of Vitti's $ onto him...

OBW is going to be 25 next year. It's not like hes developing much more imo

Inklink
12-20-2009, 05:20 PM
I believe his amazing name is reason enough to sign him.

Obi and Blaise strike partnership... bring it on!
:)

Yohan
12-20-2009, 06:13 PM
If we get 3 good years out of this guy, I'd be happy.

If he scores 10 goals a season, I'd be very happy.

FluSH
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Saying you'd rather get a player 10 years younger and develop them is ridiculous...

WHY?! This is MLS, that just means you are developing a guy to sell them off.

Kufo led Switzerland in goals this past WCQ!!!! They finished top of their group and he is basically guaranteed to be on their 2010 roster. SIGN HIM UP!

Anyone who isn't pushing for TFC to sign this guy, a proven goalscorer at club level and internationally in a position we desperately need must have their head checked!

'am I reading this right? Didn't we all come to a concensus that it was best to let go of Amado since he was going to be focused on the 2010 WC?

flatpicker
12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
^ ironic, isn't it?

Shakes McQueen
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM

You're crazy. One of the things about playing in a feeder leagyue, is that there is rarely a "long term" with talented players - they either get scooped up by Europe, or they aren't that good to begin with.

This guy would be a huge asset to our team, and I hope Mo is already talking to him. If not, perhaps PB can direct him here.

- Scott

denime
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
This isn't a long run league at this point (unless the CBA is a game changer) it's closer to a get rich quick scheme.

MLS= get rich quick League :facepalm:

[NBF]
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
:canada:Sounds More Like He's Retiring In Canada:canada:

This is exactly what the story says about Blaise Kufo:

02/12

Statue N'Kufo

The FC Twente striker Blaise N'Kufo gets a statue next to the Grolsch Veste Stadium in Enschede. The club is so pleased with the top scorer in this way that he always remains connected to the Twente football. The striker has in his career for over one hundred goals scored for FC Twente. - By Dafne Bergsma

The statue will be revealed around the last home game of the season against Feyenoord (April 18, 2010). Then take N'Kufo (34) probably leave the eredivisievoetbal. His contract with FC Twente ends and the Swiss want to go to Canada, where his wife lives.

Statue Square
The statue of the striker encountered by the main entrance of the stadium. The supporters club is thought that the statue idea says that there is a real statue square. Besides N'Kufo will also include images of the Twente keeper Sander Boschker.

Thats what you get for googling, "TFC" you get FC Twente.:facepalm:

Eredivisie Voetbal = Eredivisie Football in Netherlands:D

Ossington Mental Youth
12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
sounds great, i hope he can keep up his production rate.
Dont forget how old the majority of the last two seasons top DPs were.

Yohan
12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
exactly where in Canada does his wife live? vancouver? montreal? lol

so his contract ends in june, comes for free transfer, but goes to WC squad... get maybe half a season out of this guy? not to mention fatigue from all the game time. like guevara's first season with tfc

prizby
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
exactly where in Canada does his wife live? vancouver? montreal? lol

so his contract ends in june, comes for free transfer, but goes to WC squad... get maybe half a season out of this guy? not to mention fatigue from all the game time. like guevara's first season with tfc

from what i heard, it was vancouver or whitehorse (i dunno where i heard this from but i found whitehorse strange) lol

Ossington Mental Youth
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
would he really go and play for the White Caps? especially as the NASL isnt for certain (although i hope it is, christ thatd be horrible if he went to play for them instead of us)

druid
12-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I think an older striker wouldn't be bad depending on his character.

If the guy can maintain that strike ratio and act as a mentor to our younger strikers it could be a win win situation.

Kaz
12-21-2009, 12:12 AM
if they are going to offer him the money and give him a contract with both the NASL and MLS franchise, then I don't see why not. Whitecaps are a good side, as good as many in the MLS. Including TFC for the last three years.

TFC OZZ
12-21-2009, 12:17 AM
I heard he doesn't like Bert. He's a lock for TFC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9VzvTaf50&feature=related

Ossington Mental Youth
12-21-2009, 01:41 AM
if they are going to offer him the money and give him a contract with both the NASL and MLS franchise, then I don't see why not. Whitecaps are a good side, as good as many in the MLS. Including TFC for the last three years.

im definitely not denying that at all just think itd be a bit of a diff sell considering the current state of affairs

jloome
12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
;832160']:canada:Sounds More Like He's Retiring In Canada:canada:

This is exactly what the story says about Blaise Kufo:

Thats what you get for googling, "TFC" you get FC Twente.:facepalm:

Eredivisie Voetbal = Eredivisie Football in Netherlands:D

That certainly doesn't rule out his continuing to play, particularly if he's going to be living here anyway.

He's been a class player for a long time. He's probably lost a gear by now, but he's very good with the ball at his feet and would terrorize some MLS defenders.

jloome
12-21-2009, 01:04 PM
he and danny dichio are the same height... <3

DOn't let that fool you. Kufo is good with his head but he's also good with the ball at his feet and was always much quicker (but probably not as strong) than Danny.

jloome
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PThZYFo01QM

Get on it Mo!

trane
12-22-2009, 11:12 AM
^ I like what I see, strong, quick trigger inventive, good positionaly. He can score in this league. Good with the ball at his feet. If you get two or three years out of him, it would be great.

He has been in better leagues then the MLS, but not at the heighest level. I kind of like it too, more likely that he would come over and put in good effort, like Danny.

I have to say this, he plays like a real striker, if you know what I mean. I like that.

TFCUNITED
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
DOn't let that fool you. Kufo is good with his head but he's also good with the ball at his feet and was always much quicker (but probably not as strong) than Danny.

He also wears the number 9.