PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Packages on Sale For Red List Members

TFCtoMUFC
12-16-2009, 05:50 PM
YES! Finally, we get a crack at these. I will be buying whatever comes up most likely. Who else is in same boat?

SilverSamurai
12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Ya i did too, but I don't want to buy Marlies tix.
No dice for me.

TFCtoMUFC
12-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Ya i did too, but I don't want to buy Marlies tix.
No dice for me.

I just saw that you need to buy Marlies tickets. Screw that. I'm good with singles.

Yohan
12-16-2009, 08:54 PM
want a pair, but i dunno if it's worth getting them as i'll probably be out of country for most of the season... just to get on gold list? bah. and take scraps of whatever is leftover? bah

Yeoman
12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
i'll take them off your hands yohan
just sayin ;)

phonzo
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
it's a sacrifice you gotta make :) ransom packs last year...hoping for better...oh wait i got ransom packs again..damn you

Yagbod
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
My advice, having just bought the Marlies packs for the second year running:

Buy one as soon as you can. I hummed and hawed about it for about a week after they went on sale last year and I was so far down the gold list that here I am, stuck with them again. The gold list is somewhat depleted at the moment, so get on that list to have a better crack at the season's next year. Just getting on the list whenever doesn't do it.

Another bit of advice: If you are going to buy partial packs but aren't sure how many: buy one and then you can always buy more in a few days or whatever. If they can they will put your subsequent packs in the same seats. But with that first one you get an early spot on the list.

Good luck!

TFCtoMUFC
12-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Yohan, if you buy a pair of light grey's I would buy the TFC tickets, no interest in Marlies though.

Gixmo
12-16-2009, 11:10 PM
I would expect that those who had to do it twice, won't next year based on graduation rates etc... however, that doesn't gaurantee it.. I got less this year then what I did last year which is a piss off.. but next year, there will be more.

stugautz
12-16-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm getting the marlies tickets...just to get on the gold list.

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Same here, I'll probably get a pair of Marlies packs this year (if I can), in hopes of eventually getting on the Gold list.

Email says, for Red listers, they will be selling them in four different time slots, 4 hours each. My time is Friday 2pm. What other time slots are people getting? I'm worried I may be in the very last group....?

stugautz
12-17-2009, 06:16 AM
I have 10am today

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Ouch, looks like the very last time slot for me after all! They will probably be doing 10am & 2pm today, and 10am & 2pm on Friday. I bet I'll just be scraping the bottom of the barrel: "Carlsberg Cup" Marlies packs -- just call it the double ransom pack. I hope they even have pairs of seats by then, if they even have any packs left whatsoever.

If people could post their experiences today & tomorrow, that would be great.

TFCtoMUFC
12-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Ouch, looks like the very last time slot for me after all! They will probably be doing 10am & 2pm today, and 10am & 2pm on Friday. I bet I'll just be scraping the bottom of the barrel: "Carlsberg Cup" Marlies packs -- just call it the double ransom pack. I hope they even have pairs of seats by then, if they even have any packs left whatsoever.

If people could post their experiences today & tomorrow, that would be great.

I have to call my ticket rep. I have been on the red list for a while now and somehow got Friday at 2 time slot.

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Maybe others can confirm how many time slots there are before Friday 2pm. I've been on the "red" list since early June this year I think. (No excuse for not joining earlier -- just stupidity, and not being aware of the legit ticket trader options for getting rid of tickets when I can't attend, since I don't want to deal with scalpers.)

daner90
12-17-2009, 08:16 AM
I got 10 am Friday and have been on the Red list since Year 2, I have no intentions of buying anything, there is no money this time of year that is for sure

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 08:54 AM
I got 10 am Friday and have been on the Red list since Year 2, I have no intentions of buying anything, there is no money this time of year that is for sure

Well then maybe I'll need to sell you something via Ticket Trader for a change next year, if I manage to pick up a pack & can't attend one. (Thanks for the last time BTW, I had a good time at that game.)

Has it always been this way, that they're selling the partial packs which restrict you to specific games, before they even have the schedule so you know what dates you're getting?

stugautz
12-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Yes, the MLS schedule doesn't come out until late February or Early March.

Globetrotter
12-17-2009, 09:38 AM
"Carlsberg Cup" Marlies packs -- just call it the double ransom pack. I hope they even have pairs of seats by then, if they even have any packs left whatsoever.

Each pack is slightly ransom, if you consider the Nutrilite games vs MTL and VAN as ransom.

5 games (including opener) + MTL or VAN = 6 games
5 games (including finale) + MTL or VAN = 6 games
5 games + carlsberg = 6 games

pick your poison.

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Each pack is slightly ransom, if you consider the Nutrilite games vs MTL and VAN as ransom.

5 games (including opener) + MTL or VAN = 6 games
5 games (including finale) + MTL or VAN = 6 games
5 games + carlsberg = 6 games

pick your poison.

Well, for me the games against Montreal and Vancouver are pretty important, whereas the international friendly is meaningless. But they charge more for the packs with the international friendly. I've heard that generally the packages with the "Carlsberg Cup" game (how's that for a ridiculous name for a single meaningless game) always sell last.

Now of course if they get Man U or Bayern or Juventus or someone like that for the international friendly included in the pack, I take back what I said.... Ha, fat chance, way too expensive in a 20k stadium to make that part of the regular seasons tickets.

stugautz
12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Got the season opener package in light grey!

Sections available were 104, 219, 226 and 227. Took 219 since it's the closest to the south end.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Could they choose a worse time to make these available? I've been on the red list since Feb. 2008 but have never had money when the tickets have gone on sale to Red listers.

Gixmo
12-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Very similar to last week, There is nothing really left :(

Always next year!

grizzle
12-17-2009, 10:22 AM
I caved and bought the BS package in 104. It is almost like blackmail to add the Marlies stuff on there. Anyway, I look at it as a short term loss for a potential gain in the future if it will help me get full season tickets. :(

For those that have done this in the past, have you been able to sell the Marlies tickets?

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Gonna try to get into 127 if I can, as that seems to be the best available... Still, having to buy Marlies tickets as well = LAME. Probably gonna give them away anyway. I have 10 AM on friday, hopefully there's still tickets left.

$355 for 6 matches, f**king ripoff.

TOBOR !
12-17-2009, 10:33 AM
I caved and bought the BS package in 104. It is almost like blackmail to add the Marlies stuff on there. Anyway, I look at it as a short term loss for a potential gain in the future if it will help me get full season tickets. :(

For those that have done this in the past, have you been able to sell the Marlies tickets?

104 you say ? Welcome my friend. Welcome. Join the resistance.

What row are you in ?

cmonyoureds
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM

i've had marlies for the past two years. not to scare you but your only option is giving away, going yourself or recycle box. in about a week check e-bay/kijiji etc and you'll see every marlie tix from the ransom packs posted.

as for time frame to graduate to non marlie tix. i was able to buy one of the LAST non marlie packages this year, according to the ticket rep. i was two and a half days into the gold list calls. first year i was halfway down the red list (two years ago) and bought ransom pack. that got me to gold last year where i was ransom packed again, so you're probably looking at a three or four year time frame buying marlies depending on drop off ahead of you.

TOBOR !
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Gonna try to get into 127 if I can, as that seems to be the best available... Still, having to buy Marlies tickets as well = LAME. Probably gonna give them away anyway. I have 10 AM on friday, hopefully there's still tickets left.

$355 for 6 matches, f**king ripoff.

Your services are requested in 104.

stugautz
12-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Now that I'm on the Gold list with the Marlies tickets, I'm hoping I can get an earlier crack at the North End seats this year for single games.

Gixmo
12-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Now that I'm on the Gold list with the Marlies tickets, I'm hoping I can get an earlier crack at the North End seats this year for single games.

Those are general public seats as mentioned a fair bit on here... North End seats will be available to the general public, subsequently making it a free for all. I do not anticipate any real problem obtaining those. Heck, I see some tourists showing up there.. Maybe with No Pie 2 Sticks for Kevin Hartman? (hee hee)

Red/Gold listers get real no precedence folks, That's been covered. Gold listers get a call before red listers and buying the Marlies tickets does not gaurantee graduation the year after.. I went from a pair in 111, to a single this year with no other SG tickets available to make 2.. Thankfully, my seat mate was covered elsewhere but that is the risk you take.

The only way to gaurantee a ebtter shot is to take full seasons, and I wasn't willing to drop 2G's this year just to get in. I'll take another chance next year, citing the north end expansion and hoping for a little bit of churn to happen.

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe no preference for the new North End seats? However, Red/Gold listers get preference over general public for:
- Tickets for extra CCL rounds.
- Playoff tickets.
- Extra friendlies (if ya' want them) like RM

I believe once you're on the Gold list, you can also pick up extra tickets through the TFC/Ticketmaster account manager... yes/no?

Belfast_Boy
12-17-2009, 11:20 AM
great timing MLSE, right before Christmas..... also thanks for the extortion and making me buy Marlies tickets... FFS!

Sid
12-17-2009, 11:46 AM
hey ill take A package of someone or who ever

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Your services are requested in 104.
Haha... we'll see what happens. :flare:

phonzo
12-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Maybe no preference for the new North End seats? However, Red/Gold listers get preference over general public for:
- Tickets for extra CCL rounds.
- Playoff tickets.
- Extra friendlies (if ya' want them) like RM

I believe once you're on the Gold list, you can also pick up extra tickets through the TFC/Ticketmaster account manager... yes/no?

yes

it's worth the sacrifice I used account manager and basically went to every game :)

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 02:12 PM
^ Oh shit, now I convinced everyone on the red list to pick up a Marlies pack before it's my turn... ;)

Maybe I'll just be on the RPB ticket exchange lots next year ;)

Gixmo
12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes, You do pick up the Acct Mgr / Ticket Exchange which is worth the cost really...

grizzle
12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes, You do pick up the Acct Mgr / Ticket Exchange which is worth the cost really...

Wow, thats sick... now I don't feel as bad! :)

grizzle
12-17-2009, 03:22 PM
104 you say ? Welcome my friend. Welcome. Join the resistance.

What row are you in ?

I am in row 16 seats 5 and 6, but its a partial pack so I have no clue what games yet. How about yourself?

Auzzy
12-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Any news from Red listers who had the 2pm time slot today? What's still available, what not?

Mark in Ottawa
12-17-2009, 06:14 PM

We had trouble giving them away! Charities only seemed to want them if we had them in pairs and with a little work with the Marlies front office that was accomplished but it was a pain!

TOBOR !
12-17-2009, 07:57 PM
I am in row 16 seats 5 and 6, but its a partial pack so I have no clue what games yet. How about yourself?

row 18 x 2 seats (forget which ones) x opener and finale packs. Looking forward to the challenge.

TFC HSV
12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
once again thanks to the suits who added marlies tickets they're outta my price range.

Like someone mentioned before this is right around christmas too

Pookie
12-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Those are general public seats as mentioned a fair bit on here... North End seats will be available to the general public, subsequently making it a free for all

oh, you'll be able to get to the front of the line... for a membership fee. wait for it.

Gixmo
12-17-2009, 09:32 PM
oh, you'll be able to get to the front of the line... for a membership fee. wait for it.

You know, I can't see it happening.. Otherwise loyalty means nothing when it comes to the all mighty dollar and that's what this team thrives on (or the fact it's not right..).. I would have crapped a bagfull if I got nothing this year, having seats the year before..

nascarguy
12-17-2009, 09:57 PM
good luck geting tickets as of right now all tickets are sold out

torontocelt
12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
according to the web site you can still get the ransom packs

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/partial_packs/

TFCtoMUFC
12-17-2009, 11:32 PM
I think Im going to roll the dice on North End tickets and join those that want more people in 104 (assuming its really seated -ish) or head to 113.

Yagbod
12-18-2009, 12:22 AM
104 is "seated-ish". As the game wears on there is more standing. It is a great section when certain team's supporters come to town. Chicago Fire fans are the loudest and most annoying. They will sing the ' Fire... Fire ' song for 20-30 mins at a time, and they are loud. Last time they had a proficient drummer too. I was humming that f**kin song for days after.

Montreal fans are second best. They have some really creative songs about how much Toronto sucks. Plus, they drink like fish. Which I consider a plus, considering their good humour.

If nothing else, 104 is amusing for the usual presence of visiting fans at the top.

Watch out for the Yellow Jacket that looks like Vijay Singh though. He is an ass. He will have you thrown out for standing for too long. It happened about 1 or 2 times a game.

SuperTCP
12-18-2009, 05:33 AM
according to the web site you can still get the ransom packs

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/partial_packs/

Website lies, states they still have "partial packs", right, those are gone too - all they have are the Sports packs - I mean ransom packs.

Also if they give those North End tickets to the general public before the loyal fans waiting on the lists, this will be an insult. NEE and RPB should have 1st shot all them, especially the registered members. We need supporter group representation on both ends. I am sure there are alot of us RPBs sitting elsewhere in the stadium which would gladly give up our shitty expensive seats to the general public for a chance to sit in the north end, united. :drum:

Gixmo
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Let me re-phrase.. I wonder if said membership 'fee' would automatically apply to the All Sports Pack holders.. Wouldn't it be a giant slap in the face to drop $367 and then asked for more as a 'fee' to get seats?

If it was given to those users complimentary, I could see the impact minimized. If the club charges a fee to let users hop-scotch those who may have paid higher prices simply to see thier reds on match day (All Sports, Partials), it'd be a disgrace.

That being said, I've always believed our FO will do what's right for the business & supporters as a whole.

PB, Got anything to calm the masses?

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
You could go to 6 matches in a supporters' section for $162. Is the extra $200 for the account manager and the gold list? I really don't have $350 to throw around as I have books to buy and tuition to pay but I'll end up buying the tickets anyway obviously.

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 09:13 AM
104 is "seated-ish". As the game wears on there is more standing. It is a great section when certain team's supporters come to town. Chicago Fire fans are the loudest and most annoying. They will sing the ' Fire... Fire ' song for 20-30 mins at a time, and they are loud. Last time they had a proficient drummer too. I was humming that f**kin song for days after.

Montreal fans are second best. They have some really creative songs about how much Toronto sucks. Plus, they drink like fish. Which I consider a plus, considering their good humour.

If nothing else, 104 is amusing for the usual presence of visiting fans at the top.

Watch out for the Yellow Jacket that looks like Vijay Singh though. He is an ass. He will have you thrown out for standing for too long. It happened about 1 or 2 times a game.

hmmmmm... May have to investigate 104. But if I have a ticket for somewhere else can I still get in 104 without some kid's mom pissing herself and yelling at me?

You could go to 6 matches in a supporters' section for $162. Is the extra $200 for the account manager and the gold list? I really don't have $350 to throw around as I have books to buy and tuition to pay but I'll end up buying the tickets anyway obviously.

I decided I would rather put 350 in my RESP than on TFC/Marlies tickets. Then when I work in the summer (umpiring is seasonal), I'll pick up singles. Good luck getting robbed the least amount possible.

Gixmo
12-18-2009, 09:20 AM
I_AM_CANADIAN - In theory, You are correct
Obtaining singles is hard in supporters section, unless you are grabbing off the RPB board first. The ticket exchange is your best bet indeed. IE : Find a single for the home opener in the SS? You then have the matches involved, it's not always easy unfortunatly. You have to remember, as of right now, the North Stand is not tagged as a supporters zone meaning this is seated (That's not to say there won't be a No Pie 2 Stick for Hartman)

I enjoy the ticket exchange, and the cash I have now but I am entirely sympethetic to those who cannot. That being said, think of the extra cash as your 'fee' for advancement. You won't become a full time holder buying singles unless you jump lines.

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 09:27 AM
So to the people that have bought partial packs. Can you pay via installments?

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2009, 09:59 AM
So to the people that have bought partial packs. Can you pay via installments?
I didn't ask. I believe the answer would be no.

Dudebroguy
12-18-2009, 10:05 AM
No you can't. They charge the full amount to your credit card.

Belfast_Boy
12-18-2009, 10:06 AM
i'm not buying an extortion pack. I'll just stay on the regular list. last year with a bit of effort I got to every game that i could. always for face value, had some great sections and some I'll avoid. thanks for the offer but you can keep your Marlies tickets MLSE!

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 10:08 AM
WTF? I can't even pick a section, just light or medium grey. I may just have to say fuck this and wait til next year.

ArmenJBX
12-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I hate these fucking marlies packs, with a passion. If you have partials available, why the fuck are you forcing me to buy hockey tickets and add another 200 bux on top, for the added privilege of giving you more money next year. Fuck me...

$355 each for tickets that should cost me 180 tops....It's worse then murder.

mlsintoronto, im gunna need a word with you.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 10:16 AM
I keep getting offered the exact same seat every time I try- top of section 105. As much as I want to get on the gold list, I'm not paying for a ticket that's not even in a section I want to be in.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
104, row 19 it is. Still feel like I'm being completely fleeced and I know I'm going to be displaced every time Columbus or Chicago bring their 15 fans to town but w/e.

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Jimmy, you realize that this is the smartest thing market wise that MLSE can do right? Sure we hate it but as you can see people buy the partial packs, and MLSE sells stupid Marlies tickets.

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2009, 10:37 AM
104, row 19 it is. Still feel like I'm being completely fleeced and I know I'm going to be displaced every time Columbus or Chicago bring their 15 fans to town but w/e.
And now you start to scout out the stadium for a better place to watch the match... Top of supporters sections... Beer Garden... there are a lot of fans who never sit in their assigned seats.

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 10:40 AM

See ? 104 is where it's at. Anyone can blend in with 500 friends in the safe confines of the south end, a true warrior will be found nose-to-nose against the enemy. This is where the action is, my friends.

hmmmmm... May have to investigate 104

Ahhhh, yeahhhhh.....

Welcome, comrade, a new day dawns for 104.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Are flags and banners allowed in 104? Because I plan on making each of those 6 days COUNT.

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 10:42 AM
And now you start to scout out the stadium for a better place to watch the match... Top of supporters sections... Beer Garden... there are a lot of fans who never sit in their assigned seats.

What nonsense is this ? You turn and run at the first hint of conflict ?

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Tobor I will be joining you in 104 this year. Need to experience the trenches. Come 2 o'clock I may have a ransom package.

stugautz
12-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Try calling the TFC ticket line. They may be able to help you get another section.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
^ Tried that before I bought and an unhelpful ticket rep told me nothing was available in 127 or in the south... so yeah.

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Try calling the TFC ticket line. They may be able to help you get another section.

Bah - where's the glory in that ?

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 11:10 AM
^ LOL! I think I'm going to like you. :D

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Tobor I will be joining you in 104 this year. Need to experience the trenches. Come 2 o'clock I may have a ransom package.
Welcome aboard, TFCtoUSPROVERCELLICALCIO. :drum::flare:

ArmenJBX
12-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Jimmy, you realize that this is the smartest thing market wise that MLSE can do right? Sure we hate it but as you can see people buy the partial packs, and MLSE sells stupid Marlies tickets.

Here's the thing. I'd happily drop $300 bux a pop for each partial pack. But, when I know I'm in light gray, and it's only 180, I'm getting ripped off. I physically see the Marlies tickets at 170, and I know that I don't have to be paying it.

Partial packs are half seasons, so why can't I have the other half. Why does that other half have to come with almost 200 dollars extra in hockey tickets which I will never fucking use. I hate hockey, I hate the leafs, why would I want to drop 2 on their offspring?! I get it for those of you (and there are many) who enjoy hockey, but I'm here for TORONTO FC.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-18-2009, 11:22 AM
I love hockey but still don't want to go see the Marlies either, and one ticket per game doesn't do me much good even in terms of trying to give them away. I have absolutely NO interest in the AHL. If they were OHL tickets I might feel a bit less ripped off, but still.

Belfast_Boy
12-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's the thing. I'd happily drop $300 bux a pop for each partial pack. But, when I know I'm in light gray, and it's only 180, I'm getting ripped off. I physically see the Marlies tickets at 170, and I know that I don't have to be paying it.

Partial packs are half seasons, so why can't I have the other half. Why does that other half have to come with almost 200 dollars extra in hockey tickets which I will never fucking use. I hate hockey, I hate the leafs, why would I want to drop 2 on their offspring?! I get it for those of you (and there are many) who enjoy hockey, but I'm here for TORONTO FC.

EXACTLY! I understand supply and demand, but this is ridiculous. If I wanted hockey tickets I'd buy them. I'd be on the list for Leafs ticket NOT TFC!
What's next??? if I want a TFC shirt for $100 I can only get one if I get a Hockey shirt too and pay double???? FFS!

ArmenJBX
12-18-2009, 11:34 AM
And listen, even as a hockey hater, I'd buy this pack if it was 2 leafs games, because I know that that is actually something people who'd want. Marlies tickets aren't exactly that hard to find, and I can go down to Ricoh and buy 10 games worth in cheap seats and still save money then if I were to get the 6 from this pack. MLSE is pushing a product that their fanbase doesn't want.

I'm convinced that Canada doesn't want soccer to become popular here, in fear of hockey becoming obsolete.

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
What nonsense is this ? You turn and run at the first hint of conflict ?
My point was just that if you don't enjoy your assigned seat there are options.

"first hint of conflict"?.. be careful.
Knowing BMO security you could end up listening to the game from the parking lot.

Mark in Ottawa
12-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Partial packs are half seasons, so why can't I have the other half.
Actually the Partial Packs are 1/3 seasons.

ML$E are using them as a vehicle for moving Marlie tickets that no one wants. This generates extra cash for them and they can get away with it because we have not been able to get together and ensure that no one buys them.

Unfortunately as long as TFC tickets are in high demand the organized crime groups will continue to buy up whatever tickets they can get to keep the demand high so they can charge illegal prices and make a profit.

Gixmo
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
And listen, even as a hockey hater, I'd buy this pack if it was 2 leafs games, because I know that that is actually something people who'd want. Marlies tickets aren't exactly that hard to find, and I can go down to Ricoh and buy 10 games worth in cheap seats and still save money then if I were to get the 6 from this pack. MLSE is pushing a product that their fanbase doesn't want.

I'm convinced that Canada doesn't want soccer to become popular here, in fear of hockey becoming obsolete.

I understand where you are coming from, however this is basic supply vs demand cash cow economics my friend..

It's also the best route you can start with to get to full seasons.. You will not get there otherwise unless you jump lines

Gixmo
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Another note : Come match day, You tend to forget about the Marlies... Give them to charity, karma is nice and come on match day..

Those of you trying to get 127, 111/southend it's not gonna happen (111 will with Marlies last I heard tho).. These were gone last week, I'm not sure why the hate is gone.

Bite the bullet, then join the club a year, or two down the road.

JamboAl
12-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Another note : Come match day, You tend to forget about the Marlies... Give them to charity, karma is nice and come on match day..

Those of you trying to get 127, 111/southend it's not gonna happen (111 will with Marlies last I heard tho).. These were gone last week, I'm not sure why the hate is gone.

Bite the bullet, then join the club a year, or two down the road.

I've now joined the club. And yes, my Marlies ticket will be likely donated to charity. Too bad I can't get a tax receipt...I'm such an accountant! :D

torontocelt
12-18-2009, 12:06 PM
EXACTLY! I understand supply and demand, but this is ridiculous. If I wanted hockey tickets I'd buy them. I'd be on the list for Leafs ticket NOT TFC!
What's next??? if I want a TFC shirt for $100 I can only get one if I get a Hockey shirt too and pay double???? FFS!

You already pay close to double the price for a TFC shirt anyway, they are almost half the price in the uk as a TFC one is here.

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 12:46 PM
If I buy a partial pack I will give the Marlies tickets to Big Brothers Big Sisters Toronto or something.

Petor
12-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Well, I'm on the Gold list now.

Who wants Marlies tickets? :p

Took the Home Opener pack in 110.

Strange thing was I had a 2pm appointment but was able to buy it online at 1pm. :)

:scarf:

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 02:31 PM
110 ? Haven't you been listening ?

"first hint of conflict"?.. be careful.

Not talking about security, just referring to outsinging away fans and dealing with the general indifference in the area by not letting it get the best of me/us.

sloangraham
12-18-2009, 05:08 PM

this is where it's at, my friend. will be joining you in 19, with tobor and friends a row below. well, i'll be there for the first six anyway.

the nor'easters are growing.

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 05:33 PM
The only ones available when I checked were in 200's. Guess its singles again this year, can't complain though I have had good luck with singles.

Auzzy
12-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Well, I'm on the Gold list now.

Who wants Marlies tickets? :p

Took the Home Opener pack in 110.

Strange thing was I had a 2pm appointment but was able to buy it online at 1pm. :)

:scarf:

Yup, same here. I didn't read your note until now, but I also got in at 1:35 despite the 2pm appointment. Closer to 2pm, the site was really slowing down, so I was glad I was done by then. BTW all the same Marlies partial packs were apparently still available when I checked a few minutes ago, I guess they will go the general public in January. There was no chance to select a certain section -- just pick light or medium gray and see what pops up. For me, being as cheap as possible (considering the $340 wasted for the pair of Marlies tickets) that meant section 226.

Petor
12-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Yup, same here. I didn't read your note until now, but I also got in at 1:35 despite the 2pm appointment. Closer to 2pm, the site was really slowing down, so I was glad I was done by then. BTW all the same Marlies partial packs were apparently still available when I checked a few minutes ago, I guess they will go the general public in January. There was no chance to select a certain section -- just pick light or medium gray and see what pops up. For me, being as cheap as possible (considering the $340 wasted for the pair of Marlies tickets) that meant section 226.

Yup, for me it was a choice of 110 or 226, hmmm, that was a tough one. :rolleyes:

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Yup, same here... Blah blah blah... that meant section 226.

pffft

Auzzy
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM
^ Sorry Tobor, I couldn't get 104 any more, I would have done it just for you. ;) I was in 104 about four times last season & enjoyed it.

leafsman
12-18-2009, 08:24 PM
was thinking about it but not gonna give in to mlse greed and get single game tickets like last season, id go to 1 or 2 marlies games but not 6

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 08:27 PM
^ Sorry Tobor, I couldn't get 104 any more, I would have done it just for you. ;) I was in 104 about four times last season & enjoyed it.

fair enough. Drop by now and then to see how we're getting on.

TFCtoMUFC
12-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Someone thinks fast....

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tix/1516466694.html

TOBOR !
12-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Good luck to that guy. No-one's looking for Marlie tix on Craig's List.

Joe Kool
12-19-2009, 02:29 AM
^^ A+ for effort though

DichioTFC
12-19-2009, 02:53 AM
i got two in sec 226 - row 16. i'll probably take my younger cousins to a marlies game, it'll be a thrill for them at least.

i'm willing to get the "all seasons sports pack" for the chance of getting seasons next year. and OSAP is paying for it, so i'm good :)

__wowza
12-19-2009, 02:56 AM
yeah, i refused to pick up a ransom pack on account of the marlies..
individual tickets it is for me!

Auzzy
12-19-2009, 03:14 AM
i got two in sec 226 - row 16. i'll probably take my younger cousins to a marlies game, it'll be a thrill for them at least.

i'm willing to get the "all seasons sports pack" for the chance of getting seasons next year. and OSAP is paying for it, so i'm good :)

Which of the three TFC partial packs did you get: incl. Home Opener, Home Finale, or Meaningless Friendly? I got 2 seats in the Home Opener pack, also section 226, row 16, seats 16 & 17 for me.

I don't like to be forced to buy Marlies tickets, but I'm actually looking forward to those games. With work & family, I don't get out much, and this is a good excuse to see some more sports. I just hope there's not too much dumb-ass ice boxing in those games? I watched some OHL games a few years back, and that crap (and the crowd reaction) used to drive me nuts. That goon show gets old real fast.

I_AM_CANADIAN
12-19-2009, 09:06 AM
I got home finale, hopefully by then we'll have clinched a playoff spot...

TFC HSV
12-19-2009, 10:55 AM
yeah, i refused to pick up a ransom pack on account of the marlies..
individual tickets it is for me!

same here. MLSE took so much for granted (ie that toronto and the gta is more then a leafs town) and now punish those of us who want tickets. I like the marlies but Im trying to buy TFC tickets. This shit agitates me to no end.

SuperTCP
12-20-2009, 01:48 AM

I wish you the best of Luck DichioTFC, next year you will most likely have a crack at the partial packs. I have been on Gold list for 2 years now, 1st year I was offered the crappy marlies ransom pack, this year I picked up Partials, next year I hope to finally have my own seasons in my hand).

SteeltownBhoy
12-20-2009, 03:34 AM
I'm not sadistic, but it gives me great pleasure to see the Marlies flounder like they do. When John Ferguson Jr ripped the team out of St John's NF he ripped the soul out of the city.

The baby Leafs where like Gods there. Built them a new arena, give them huge tax breaks because of the travel. 10 years of near sellouts and a huge part of the community.

There is no more hated company then ML$E in Newfoundland. They turned an entire province into Montreal fans!!!

108_Miles
12-22-2009, 03:15 AM
I got into Sec 110. I'm pretty happy, I sat in that section and had a great time last season.

Paying a few hundred bucks for Marlies tickets wasn't at the top of my to do list, to be sure, but it's not too bad. I've been to 2 Marlies games so far this season, and honestly, It's better than the leafs games in a few ways.

The games have been close, exciting contests between young, hungry prospects, all trying to make it to the NHL.

Leaf games are filled with a lot of corporate bigwigs instead of real leaf fans. The odd hardcore leaf fan maybe does one game per year, then gets to watch a lackluster team struggle to deliver value on $400/pair seats.

At a Marlies game, everyone there is there by choice, and the atmosphere among fans is really good.

Yeah, it's not a classy move by MLSE to do the ransom, but what else is new?

108_Miles
12-22-2009, 03:38 AM
Section 110 - excited.

I'm kind of excited about a few Marlies games too.

rocker
12-22-2009, 09:24 AM

OSAP? Is that the Ontario Soccer Assistance Program??? ;)

TOBOR !
12-22-2009, 10:07 AM
110 ? Hmmm... I suppose you'll enjoy yourself, safe in your cozy section - surrounded by your friends and family... safe in the knowledge that 104 is keeping the enemy at bay.

SuperTCP
12-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Any idea when they send out the marlies tickets? My lighter can't wait! (JJ - Thats what I would do if they were mine, but bought the ransom pack for a friend),

Roogsy
12-24-2009, 12:57 AM
LOL! The funny thing is that for some time, I actually thought they were really called "The Ransom Pack"...

So shameful.

Belfast_Boy
12-24-2009, 01:43 AM
just say NO to the extorsion pack!

Mark in Ottawa
12-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Any idea when they send out the marlies tickets? My lighter can't wait! (JJ - Thats what I would do if they were mine, but bought the ransom pack for a friend),
Already got mine... and sent em back to Toronto.

CoachGT said he has a kids team that can use em so they are welcome to em.

Petor
12-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Got my Marlies tickets today.
Anybody else with a ransom pack get row "F"?

Made me smile when I saw it today, Merry Xmas! :)

SuperTCP
12-25-2009, 10:54 PM
^ Smile? I am sure it was more of a smurk. Frowning, or crying would be better. But hey your on the gold list now, so that's something to at least crack a small smile about.

Still have not recieved mine.

Rudy
12-26-2009, 11:54 AM
^ Smile? I am sure it was more of a smurk. Frowning, or crying would be better. But hey your on the gold list now, so that's something to at least crack a small smile about.

Still have not recieved mine.

Keep in mind, being on Gold list does not guarantee you anything last week. Only the top half og the Gold list got some seasons and the TFC partials this year.
People in the lower half on the gold list got marlies too.

Just so everyone is clear, ransom packs isn't a one-year deal, you may need to take that route two to three years in a row before u get a chance at something half decent.

Yagbod
12-28-2009, 03:11 AM
This is my 2nd year with ransom's. I could have had SS, but they were singles, so I line up again for next year...

Mind you, my ransoms this year are on the border of the supporters section in 110, which is an upgrade from 104 last season (sorry Tobor, you know I love 104, but 110 is acoustically superior) (worth escaping to just avoid the 'Fire, Fire' song, which resonated in my head for days afterwards) Keep up the good fight though, seriously I loved 104.

Gixmo
12-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Ditto, I'm a 2 year ransom pack, optimistic I will be able to move up this year. So many bought early that it emptied what was available. I had a pair last year, and couldn't get a pair in the lower bowl for my life.. Unfortunate, but there is always next year.

Petor
01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Going to the Marlies game today.
If there is a strike or lockout in the MLS I doubt that the Ransom pack holders would get a refund on the Marlies portion. :rolleyes:

I'll be there with me red cap and scarf in 108.
I wonder if the visitors have red uniforms, could be interesting!
C'mon you reds! lol :flare:

By the way, there is a Sesame Street promo today!
If you happen to ask me about my tickets I'll be Oscar the Grouch! :)

4evared
01-31-2010, 09:58 AM
I, too, will be at the game today. I will be wearing my Danny scarf and holding it up during the anthem. I will be in section 100. If the seasame street promo is going ahead, I guess I would have to be Snufalufagus.:D

Petor
01-31-2010, 09:02 PM
My first Marlie game at Ricoh.
Canadian anthem was the highlight, scarves held high. :)

$12 Beer
$5 small bag of Popcorn
$5 Hotdog wrapped in foil, had to peel bun off of dog to apply mustard and relish :D.

Could only afford one period.

Who wants Marlie tickets???

Derko
01-31-2010, 10:28 PM

$12 Beer
$5 small bag of Popcorn
$5 Hotdog wrapped in foil, had to peel bun off of dog to apply mustard and relish :D.

No thanks!!

:scarf: :drinking:

Red CB Toronto
02-01-2010, 09:43 AM

$12 Beer
$5 small bag of Popcorn

What do you mean you could only afford one period? That sounds do weird.

I wonder how many Marlies fans buy the package for the hockey games and say the same thing about the TFC tickets, what am I going to do with these?

I_AM_CANADIAN
02-01-2010, 10:00 AM
How many hardcore Marlies fans are there, though? ;)

Auzzy
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM

I wonder how many Marlies fans buy the package for the hockey games and say the same thing about the TFC tickets, what am I going to do with these?

Um, I don't think "Marlies fans" would be getting their Marlies tickets via an "all season sports" ransom pack -- unless they're specifically interested in TFC as well. Otherwise, they would just go on the Marlies website, and buy their Marlies season tickets or single game tickets. It's not like they're sold out or anything -- right?

I saw my first Marlies game as part of the ransom pack last week (vs Hamilton). I was in a bit of a TFC section, a fair amount of red to be seen in that corner. Not that I know much about hockey, but it was funny to hear some guys near me who were completely clueless about the game, but were obviously big soccer fans. Sounded a bit like a few clueless fellows that I've heard at TFC games :(

BTW the best part of the game may have been, a bunch of tiny kids out on the ice playing between two of the periods... Next week will be a grudge match between the Bulldogs & Marlies again. I think they should switch sides for the penalty boxes & the benches right from the start. The penalty boxes were obviously way too small last week. VERY chippy first period, there were perhaps 15-20 min. in the whole game were there was some good flow. I'll prob. be there next weekend again. So far I'm not having to PAY anyone to go with me, but it's getting close. No way I'm going there alone, too dreary, if no friends are interested in the future I'll skip it.

Sid
02-01-2010, 12:03 PM
i would like two packages please PM asap info on it 104 or anwhere in bmo

Petor
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM

Well, on top of paying the ransom I spent $25(includes tips) in the first period for one hotdog, one bag of popcorn and one beer.
I had more money to spend but why waste it on overpriced crap?
Worst hot dog ever in a stadium anywhere, beer(draft) tasted weird, probably a light beer. The popcorn was edible but extremely salty.

I guess they have to charge the high prices to pay for the cheerleaders. :rolleyes:

No wonder the stadium was only about 20% to 25% full.
I doubt very much that I will go to another game.

Auzzy
02-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Does anyone know from previous seasons: how long after the MLS & CCL schedules are released, does TFC announce which exact games belong to which partial pack & which ransom pack?

tfcfans
02-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Package A/D
Wednesday 28-AprTBDMontreal
Saturday22-May4:00PMNew England**
Saturday5-Jun4:00PMKansas City
Saturday10-JulTBDColorado
Saturday7-Aug4:00PMChivas
Saturday16-Oct4:00PMColumbus**

Package B/E
Thursday15-Apr7:00PMPhiladelphia**
Saturday8-May4:00PMChicago
Wednesday2-JunTBDVancouver
Saturday24-Jul7:30PMDallas
Saturday28-Aug7:00PMReal Salt Lake**
Saturday25-Sep4:00PMSan Jose

Package C/F
Sunday25-Apr2:00PMSeattle
Saturday26-Jun7:30PMLA Galaxy
Thursday1-Jul7:00PMHouston**
WednesdayTBDTBDFriendly
Sunday21-Aug1:00PMNew York
Saturday11-Sep4:00PM D.C.

This is what is listed on the TFC website in terms of package breakdown.

Premium Games are marked with a ** (Opener/Closer, NE, RSL, Houston on Canada Day) - I guess someone finally figured out that LAG is not a Premium game when Becks and Landy will likely be playing elsewhere at that time.

Hope this helps!

Auzzy
02-14-2010, 02:22 AM
^ Thanks for the info!

TFC's "Partial Packs" page is odd: http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/partial_packs/

Up top on the page it says, same as before: "As we are still awaiting the 2010 MLS schedule, the Toronto FC matches included in each package are TBD."

But way at the bottom there's the little link:
Toronto FC matches included in Partial Packages
"Click here" for information on the games included.