PDA

View Full Version : Mls Cup 2010?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
12-15-2009, 10:36 AM
HAve they already announced this location?

I would assume the new SHITEBULL stadium would be the front runners...I hope so....WE:) would be amazing under the ROOF! ;)

also wasnt it apart of the Toronto expantion that TFC would host the CUP by 2012...im sure i read this when we came into the league.

ilikemusic
12-15-2009, 10:51 AM

I would assume the new SHITEBULL stadium would be the front runners...I hope so....WE:) would be amazing under the ROOF! ;)

also wasnt it apart of the Toronto expantion that TFC would host the CUP by 2012...im sure i read this when we came into the league.

Ya I swear I remember hearing we would get an All-Star Game and an MLS Cup within 4 years.

We got the worthless event. Now give us the Cup.

redtfcred
12-15-2009, 10:51 AM

Yes but it would have to be indoors was the stipulation !!!

Yohan
12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
would make more sense to showcase the best stadium in MLS (architecture wise)

i wouldn't mind a trip to the cup final at RBA

TFCtoMUFC
12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
would make more sense to showcase the best stadium in MLS (architecture wise)

i wouldn't mind a trip to the cup final at RBA

It would be sweet to be able to host the MLS Cup that we are in. The 200 away fans rule should be in place still :D

flatpicker
12-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Aren't they discussing giving the Cup Final to the best of the two remaining playoff teams?
Perhaps they won't implement that for 2010, but I assume it would be soon.

Hitcho
12-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Aren't they discussing giving the Cup Final to the best of the two remaining playoff teams?

I think you're right Flats. Although that raises some interesting ticketing issues unless they plan to make it into a home game for the highest ranked team and only have a handful of away and/or netural fans. And where do the league put corporate sponsors? Anyway you shake the ticketing down, you're going to get at least one large group that's seriously pissed off.

Redcoe15
12-15-2009, 02:29 PM
I think it will be sometime next year that the site of MLS Cup 2010 will be announced. And it would be a massive shock if it were anyplace other than Red Bull Arena, one would assume.

FluSH
12-17-2009, 02:45 PM
^^^
I agree... I would love to be at the New Red Bull Arena underneath that roof... The MLS would tremble...

james
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Ya I swear I remember hearing we would get an All-Star Game and an MLS Cup within 4 years.

We got the worthless event. Now give us the Cup.

they said Toronto would host a MLS Cup final by 2012. But MLS is changing so fast who knows!

james
12-17-2009, 03:20 PM

i dont think they should make that rule till teams like New England, Houston, San Jose and kansas get actual soccer stadiums, would not want to watch the MLS cup final on a NFL field, ball park or a stadium that a high school would use.

Yohan
12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
i dont think they should make that rule till teams like New England, Houston, San Jose and kansas get actual soccer stadiums, would not want to watch the MLS cup final on a NFL field, ball park or a stadium that a high school would use.
KC's stadium is building. SJ's stadium is in planning.

I personally don't mind Houston's at all, except for few conflicts late season with football season

so only teams that need SSS is NE. Seattle is doing well enough at Qwest field. Primo spot for them right there

cementhead
12-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I,ve been to the last three MLS CUPS and I hear it will be played in Chicago.

Always There
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Real Salt Lake might be in the running too. Perhaps a possible reward for both building a SSS and reaching the MLS Cup this year.

Rio Tinto really is a nice little stadium.

FluSH
12-17-2009, 05:18 PM
^
That is also a good option...

Yohan
12-17-2009, 05:23 PM
hrm. both are only 20,000 seaters though. after seattle drawing pretty high numbers, MLS might go for one of bigger stadiums?
interesting that Philly Union stadium is only going to be 18,500

Cashcleaner
12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I wonder if another reason for quickly pushing the North Stand expansion was to accommodate the MLC Cup sooner rather than later.

Hmmmmm...

Yohan
12-17-2009, 05:55 PM
how many seats are being added by North Stand? 1000?

bones
12-17-2009, 05:57 PM
At the last Supporters Summit, Garber said that the concept of moving the MLS finals to either the winner of the supporter shield or the team with the best record of the 2 finalists would not fly because there was way too much work involved in setting up the event. He was talking in terms of getting the deals done with hotels, pre and post setup around the stadium, staffing etc. I can't see them changing from the existing format given this.

Bones...