PDA

View Full Version : Today's News, Sunday,Dec.13

denime
12-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Mornin'

No TFC news for now.

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

ensco
12-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Stuart Holden not necessarily going overseas

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/sports/soccer/13seconds.html?scp=1&sq=holden&st=cse

Yohan
12-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Stuart Holden not necessarily going overseas

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/sports/soccer/13seconds.html?scp=1&sq=holden&st=cse
oh. so Holden wants a big time increase in salary.

interesting. pending on what the new CBA is, Houston might pay, though I don't think Holden is more than 200k per year kind of player

PS: I get a tranny vibe off the SSG. eeesh:o

Marco2K
12-13-2009, 11:19 AM
whats up with the ugly sunshine girls of late?

wzhxvy
12-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Holden is much more than a 200K player per year in my view. He is easily at the max now and can be a DP in the next couple of years...interesting that people have such different views of him.

Yohan
12-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Holden is much more than a 200K player per year in my view. He is easily at the max now and can be a DP in the next couple of years...interesting that people have such different views of him.
Davy Arnaud, Javier Morales, Sasha Kljestan all make around 200k. They all play similar position and role for their team as Holden. Is Holden better than those guys?

Granted, Holden has potential to be better than those guys, and using salary to justify which player is better is not a good idea, since MLS has some weird salary structure. But just how much better will Holden be, and how much is that potential worth in terms of salary? Holden is also 24...

wzhxvy
12-13-2009, 12:19 PM
interesting you bring Sasha Kljestan's name...I wonder if he is heading TFC's way

Roogsy
12-13-2009, 12:24 PM
If I recall correctly, Holden was making a ridiculously low salary. Sometimes these guys play through their contract with the expectation that part of their new contract is an element of backward compensation for not insisting on pay hikes when they were making little money. I would say $150k minimum or they will lose this guy.

Yohan
12-13-2009, 12:24 PM
interesting you bring Sasha Kljestan's name...I wonder if he is heading TFC's way
lots of talent, solves TFC's right wing problem, but a bit of inconsistent. had really not good of a season because his heart wasn't in it after failed move to Europe.

Chivas would want too much for him though

Yohan
12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
If I recall correctly, Holden was making a ridiculously low salary. Sometimes these guys play through their contract with the expectation that part of their new contract is an element of backward compensation for not insisting on pay hikes when they were making little money. I would say $150k minimum or they will lose this guy.
he was making minimum salary, 40k per year

part of reason why Houston gave up DeRo was the expectation that Holden can fill in DeRo's role. (and he did) I suspect that why Holden gave indication that he might stay in MLS is that he did get a decent contract offer from Houston and money tempts...

TorCanSoc
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
? Nice smile. Nice legs. She's a keeper.

TFCRegina
12-13-2009, 01:15 PM
? Nice smile. Nice legs. She's a keeper.

The prior three days were much weaker if you ask me.

Gixmo
12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm with Marco2k... SSG taking the B cup route lately (No pun intended)

TFCRegina
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm with Marco2k... SSG taking the B cup route lately (No pun intended)

Nothing wrong with the B cup, just with the B squad. If you don't believe me, ask some Impact supporters. :P

ag futbol
12-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Davy Arnaud, Javier Morales, Sasha Kljestan all make around 200k. They all play similar position and role for their team as Holden. Is Holden better than those guys?

Granted, Holden has potential to be better than those guys, and using salary to justify which player is better is not a good idea, since MLS has some weird salary structure. But just how much better will Holden be, and how much is that potential worth in terms of salary? Holden is also 24...
But that's existing deals they are locked into. All of those guys if they were free agents right now would command much more than 200k.

I thought Holden was alright watching him this year, but I couldn't exactly see what all the hype was about. Great player, stil developing, but they are really throwing a lot of hype behind him.

Kaz
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
If you consider that girl ugly then your view of women needs some fixing, I suggest a Gay Bar on Girls night.

Yohan
12-13-2009, 07:35 PM
But that's existing deals they are locked into. All of those guys if they were free agents right now would command much more than 200k.
maybe. to me it looks like avg salary for a good starter in MLS is around 150k per year. and considering a bit of consistency in the salary of Arnaud, Kljestan et al around 200k mark, I think it's ok benchmark to base upon salary.

But you're right. next contract negotiation time, all of the players listed would probably get a raise. but I don't think any of them would rate above 300k max. seems to me that NA based players, it's hard to get 300k contracts, unless you're coming from Europe or something.