PDA

View Full Version : Field Seats Relocation

Rudy
12-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I was on gold list this year, and all what was available at my appt slot was field seat seasons or single reds. I opted for a pair of field seats, so this would "graduate me" to the platinum list, and i would be able to relocate seats for 2011 to a lower price seasons.
Has anyone tried this strategy, and can anyone comment on how likely this is?

JDG
12-12-2009, 03:01 PM
It's really the best strategy you could take. It would have been cheaper to take two singles, but a pair is more practical on gameday.
You'll be able to move them, but it might take a few seasons before you're truly where you want to be.

torontocelt
12-12-2009, 04:01 PM
It's really the best strategy you could take. It would have been cheaper to take two singles, but a pair is more practical on gameday.
You'll be able to move them, but it might take a few seasons before you're truly where you want to be.

Those field seats are well pricey though, they might not be as easy to shift as you think...

JDG
12-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Those field seats are well pricey though, they might not be as easy to shift as you think...

You don't need to fill them when you move.
At relocation, you take what is available that you like, and your current seats are then on offer for the next gruop.

pdogg
12-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I was on gold list this year, and all what was available at my appt slot was field seat seasons or single reds. I opted for a pair of field seats, so this would "graduate me" to the platinum list, and i would be able to relocate seats for 2011 to a lower price seasons.
Has anyone tried this strategy, and can anyone comment on how likely this is?

I purchased dark greys for 2009, hoping that I would be able to switch my seats. Unfortunately, by the time my relocation slot came around, I was not able to switch to anything any cheaper for 2010. I did however move around within the dark greys to more favourable seats and closer to the south stands (from 106 to 109). I did hear quite a bit of success from other people in earlier slots moving into cheaper seats, so maybe I was just that guy who got unlucky.

But you never know, those Field Seats are nice. I sat there for one game last year and I must say, if renewals were that day, I would've switched to them. Time, rational thought and other expenses convinced me otherwise. :D

JDG
12-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I purchased dark greys for 2009, hoping that I would be able to switch my seats. Unfortunately, by the time my relocation slot came around, I was not able to switch to anything any cheaper for 2010. I did however move around within the dark greys to more favourable seats and closer to the south stands (from 106 to 109). I did hear quite a bit of success from other people in earlier slots moving into cheaper seats, so maybe I was just that guy who got unlucky.

But you never know, those Field Seats are nice. I sat there for one game last year and I must say, if renewals were that day, I would've switched to them. Time, rational thought and other expenses convinced me otherwise. :D

There is an advantage for the people with the earliest time slots because the available seats are more likely to be more attractive, but past the earliest slots it's really a crap shoot for each appointment. You have as much of a chance of finding something good as the person who had their appointment 3 days earlier. It all depends on what people gave up in the time slots immediately before yours.

GhostKiller
12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Thats exactly what I did last year. Its not as bad down there as people think. I thought it would be prawny, but its mostly people in the same situation.

Redpunkfiddle
12-12-2009, 05:48 PM
There is an advantage for the people with the earliest time slots because the available seats are more likely to be more attractive, but past the earliest slots it's really a crap shoot for each appointment. You have as much of a chance of finding something good as the person who had their appointment 3 days earlier. It all depends on what people gave up in the time slots immediately before yours.

The problem for people who came on as season ticket holders last year, and from now on, is that most of the people in the appointment slots before you also bought into dark greys and so will be leaving behind very similar seats. So the crap shoot odds are quite low for cheaper tickets. My group, and the group before me had dozens of people show up as well, as opposed to early sessions where there weren't as many.

Like the process of getting to STH status (red-gold- marlies- partials- seasons) it could be a few seasons before the non renewals push people into the zone where they can expect to see more variety in the tickets that are available.

That's my analysis. I just hope I can keep my super high group priority number next year and beyond...

Rudy
12-12-2009, 06:11 PM
The thing is, there are about 300-400 people who moved into SSH this year. Regardless of what people downgrade their seats to, to me, even if I download to Reds that would be a move in the right direction. There aren't many field seats. So my thinking is, as long as there are a few seats available, that I would probably get a chance to downgrade the field into cheaper ones (even if cheapers are red or dark greys, they're still cheaper).
Anyone have thoughts on this?

JDG
12-12-2009, 06:16 PM
You can count on it.

Rudy
12-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Thats exactly what I did last year. Its not as bad down there as people think. I thought it would be prawny, but its mostly people in the same situation.

So you bought fields to get SSH? What did you do with them this year
? How did it work out for u?

Rudy
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
You can count on it.

Thx man. U seem very reassuring. Have u tried this? What's ur sitch with SSH?
I'm kinda glad at least I'm on the SSH list... I'm going to try to sell some of the seats to help offset the cost... But I had to bute the bullet...

JDG
12-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I bought 1 in season one.
I was permitted to add to my account in season two, and purchased 5 more seats.
The original 1 is where it was in season 1. It's my most expensive seat.
Of the newer 5, I've managed to move two into the south end from 105. I bought two in 110, and am happy where they are. That leaves a single which I'd like to move, but I'm not fussed over it as I sell it to a ticketless RPB each year, and have never been to the seat during a game.

Carts
12-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Thx man. U seem very reassuring. Have u tried this? What's ur sitch with SSH?
I'm kinda glad at least I'm on the SSH list... I'm going to try to sell some of the seats to help offset the cost... But I had to bute the bullet...

Rudy, in my opinion you did the right thing...

By purchasing the season tickets you now don't have a foot in the door - you're through the door and in the club...

Every year the chance will come up to move. Will it be the move you want? Maybe, maybe not - but the chance will be there... Also, as a SSH you have an account rep that will work with you and for you next season, that is much better than being a number on list. You can put the bird in the ear about moving before the season is over...

Enjoy the field seats, enjoy the being a SSH...

Heck, you can even think of the expensive seats as paying to jump the line... :)

Carts...

Rudy
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Rudy, in my opinion you did the right thing...

By purchasing the season tickets you now don't have a foot in the door - you're through the door and in the club...

Every year the chance will come up to move. Will it be the move you want? Maybe, maybe not - but the chance will be there... Also, as a SSH you have an account rep that will work with you and for you next season, that is much better than being a number on list. You can put the bird in the ear about moving before the season is over...

Enjoy the field seats, enjoy the being a SSH...

Heck, you can even think of the expensive seats as paying to jump the line... :)

Carts...

Thx guys. Feel much better. It seems I have a sweetie of an account rep. Is the account rep the same person that wud have called me and sold me the seasons?

Canadian Blue
12-12-2009, 11:14 PM
I requested to relocate but was never contacted....wtf?

Rudy
12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
How do u get on the Platinum list?

RedRum
12-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Illogical strategy. People have this obsession that somehow if they are not SSH they wont be able to get tickets to each game. Absurd. Since game 1 of season 2, interest in TFC has been on the decline literally by a month to month basis. It's easy to get tickets at or very near face now for medium price ranges, even supporters sections aren't uncommon.

Throw in the extra north end seats that are coming and that further dilutes already dwindling demand. Next years relocation appointments come along and you are at the very bottom of the priority list, chances are slim you get anything cheaper. Maybe club seats if you are "lucky".

Only hope you have is if the north stand gets offered to SSH at the end of next year which would open up some other seats for you to relocate to.

London
12-13-2009, 05:19 AM
I requested to relocate but was never contacted....wtf?

everyone was given a relocation time, there was an email sent out to SSH with your time on it

colman1860
12-13-2009, 07:20 AM
Illogical strategy. People have this obsession that somehow if they are not SSH they wont be able to get tickets to each game. Absurd. Since game 1 of season 2, interest in TFC has been on the decline literally by a month to month basis. It's easy to get tickets at or very near face now for medium price ranges, even supporters sections aren't uncommon.

Throw in the extra north end seats that are coming and that further dilutes already dwindling demand. Next years relocation appointments come along and you are at the very bottom of the priority list, chances are slim you get anything cheaper. Maybe club seats if you are "lucky".

Only hope you have is if the north stand gets offered to SSH at the end of next year which would open up some other seats for you to relocate to.

Took the words right out of my mouth

celt-nick
12-13-2009, 07:50 AM
I joined the waiting list in year one (red). In year two I bought a pair of the Marlies half seasons to move up the list (gold) even though I don't care about hockey. In year three I bought a single in the dark greys and moved up the list again (platinum). For next year I relocated to a seat in the supporters section (top of 110). Mission accomplished. I paid more in the beggining to pay less for the rest of my life! I now have to work on adding a second seat to eventually get a pair in the supporters, but really I don't care how long that takes.

torontocelt
12-13-2009, 09:48 AM
You don't need to fill them when you move.
At relocation, you take what is available that you like, and your current seats are then on offer for the next gruop.

I meant if he tries to sell tickets to games he cannot make. What price do you put on tickets before it is a rip off? I would say paying premiership prices to see league 1 qulity is a rip off. A single in the south side is like 18 bucks, a field seat is way more

Yohan
12-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I meant if he tries to sell tickets to games he cannot make. What price do you put on tickets before it is a rip off? I would say paying premiership prices to see league 1 qulity is a rip off. A single in the south side is like 18 bucks, a field seat is way more
you are also not in england

if you charge more than face value of ticket (except adding in any service charge), you are considered scalping and you will get banned from this board

TorCanSoc
12-13-2009, 09:57 AM
^I sold my Becks tix for $400 for the pair Season1 and he didn't even show up. Am I super banned?

London
12-13-2009, 09:59 AM
^I sold my Becks tix for $400 for the pair Season1 and he didn't even show up. Am I super banned?

only if you try to sell them on here, i can get you banned if you want??:D:D:D

Pookie
12-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I think you should focus on what to do with the situation you are in now. The issue isn't whether it is a good strategy or not.

Ultimately, you had a desire for season tickets and you took advantage of the only route to get them. In the end, you accomplished your goal.

I made a different choice but that's me. I was offered dark grey seasons and passed on them for a partial pack. To me it came down to location and atmosphere. Up top in 222 is not the same as down in 111. I have absolutely no concerns about being able to attend every game next year and attend them in the section of my choosing (or close to). That has been my experience each and every season.

On the downside, for any playoff game, I won't get first crack at available tickets. You will. I won't get any swag, you will. Next year, you might get a shot to relocate. I might still only have a choice of dark greys.

I'm going to see every game you are though. I'll see them in a section of my choosing and have the flexibility to buy 2, 3, 4 or x number of tickets depending on friends and family who want to go. In the end, my wallet is going to be fuller too.

Pros and Cons to each decision.

The issue for you over the short term is how do you unload your field seats to make back some money if you can't or don't want to use them. You could try the exchange but my advice would be to list them early. As more tickets become available, the expensive ones don't sell.

Your target audience should be a corporation that needs a "really good seat" to pass along to a client.

wzhxvy
12-13-2009, 11:32 AM
I think its an OK strategy Rudy, but I really dont like those field seats. They are highly overpriced for the value, I would take club seats over them any day. The vantage point sucks...the game is not meant to be watched at field level...and there are also 2 rows...so if you are in the second row...you are sitting on an elevated concrete block. Its a crappy location, and can barely see the action on the other side of the field. Good views when the action is in your corner but all in all...TFC would be smart to do more with those seats, so people can actually get the value they are paying. Its a premium price but in my view, the worst seats at BMO.

JonO
12-13-2009, 11:39 AM
^^^ Field level seats do provide a crappy view point, but so does the south end for a good chunk of the game (when the ball is at the other end). It is a different experience and you feel much more part of the game. I've sat at the tables a few times and at field level when they first experimented with the seats. Not too bad.

JonO
12-13-2009, 11:42 AM
The problem is that our league is much more reliant on gate income that league 1. Thus, tickets cannot be subsidized by tv revenue/sponsorship as it is in the UK.

That being said, unfortunately high ticket prices for sporting events is the norm in toronto. I hope they realize that MLS is not a premier league and don't go too crazy on the ticket prices...

pdogg
12-13-2009, 12:10 PM
^^^ Field level seats do provide a crappy view point, but so does the south end for a good chunk of the game (when the ball is at the other end). It is a different experience and you feel much more part of the game. I've sat at the tables a few times and at field level when they first experimented with the seats. Not too bad.

I enjoyed my game in the field seats, granted I was in the front row and closest to mid-field. Yes, the vantage point can be challenging, and the camera guys will get in the way from time to time. But, just having the ability to reach out and pants the opposing team's player on a throw-in... thats priceless.

wzhxvy
12-13-2009, 12:23 PM
One idea is maybe...put some decent seats for field sides instead of those fold up chairs that cost $25 bucks...nice seats and little TV's on the arms...ability to order food through the TVs or something...they really need to spice up those seats or they will always be a revolving doors...

Rudy
12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Guys, what I'm still not clear about is, what are my chances for off-loading (relocating) these field seats to cheaper ones next yeat at relocation, now that I would be on the platinum list? I mean if there are any SST that will remain, I should get a chance at them before being offered to the gold list. This technically means I should be offered cheaper seats at relocation (even if cheaper means Reds or clubs). Doesn't that make sense? I mean am I stcu with these field SST forever???

Carts
12-13-2009, 12:39 PM

I'm lost on this one.

You say interest has been on the decline on a monthly basis. But at the same time that means season tickets won't be available for people to relocate...???

Well which one is it?

Is the interest in a decline meaning tickets will open up to relocate?

Or is it the interest is steady and tickets wont open up?

IMO every year there are seats to relocate too, just look at the posts on this board and how many people have done it...

Also, I prefer having season tickets and not having to "get a ticket" to each game. I like getting my SS package then I'm set. I have tickets in the dark greys, some people complain about the price but every persons situation is different. Whats expensive to one person, isn't to another...

Be happy with your new Season Tickets, and dont let the nay-sayers give you the gears...

Carts...

zamperina
12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
The only way you can move up on the relocation list is if other season ticket holders above you don't renew (these are people who bought season tickets as soon as they were released in late 2006, they get proirity based on when they bought tickets) so for instance if the renewal rate next year is again 95% your chances of getting cheaper seats are slim due to the fact you are near the bottom of season ticket holders list.

Rudy
12-13-2009, 12:56 PM
The only way you can move up on the relocation list is if other season ticket holders above you don't renew (these are people who bought season tickets as soon as they were released in late 2006, they get proirity based on when they bought tickets) so for instance if the renewal rate next year is again 95% your chances of getting cheaper seats are slim due to the fact you are near the bottom of season ticket holders list.

True, but my chances are still higher than those on the gold list. Meaning, that if there are red or dark grey Seasons available after those above me on the platinum list relocate, then I would get a chance at them before they're offered to gold list. Like I said, even if I'm offered reds or dark greys, then mission accomplished.

Rudy
12-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm lost on this one.

You say interest has been on the decline on a monthly basis. But at the same time that means season tickets won't be available for people to relocate...???

Well which one is it?

IMO every year there are seats to relocate too, just look at the posts on this board and how many people have done it...

Be happy with your new Season Tickets, and dont let the nay-sayers give you the gears...

Carts...

Thanks Carts. I only bought the fields knowing that at least have the games I can share them with my brother and a few colleagues, and this will help with the dollars. I'm not just wondering how I can signup to the platinum list, and knowing who my account rep is so I can start setting stage for relocation next year. Will definitely keep u posted. What's ur location at BMO? ..

Carts
12-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks Carts. I only bought the fields knowing that at least have the games I can share them with my brother and a few colleagues, and this will help with the dollars. I'm not just wondering how I can signup to the platinum list, and knowing who my account rep is so I can start setting stage for relocation next year. Will definitely keep u posted. What's ur location at BMO? ..

I'm in Sec 109, Row 9, Seats 21-22...

Although I am rarely in my actual seats, I love my them, beautiful view of the pitch, and close to the bunker for the atmosphere...

I'm never giving them up... Its nice to have a pair out of the chaos, even though I am usually right in the middle of the chaos LOL...

I'll often offer my tickets up to RPB's who have their kids or parents in who can't sit in the middle of my drunken, profanity laced outbursts on MLS officials LOL...

Carts...

Snowy
12-13-2009, 01:56 PM

Rudy, one thing... the Platinum list is for those season ticket holders who want to buy additional tickets. If you just want to relocate, then you'll get your chance. You'll be in one of the last groups to get that chance, but this year there were over 600 seats available for relocating, and even in the last group, they weren't all field level, so you'll get in to a cheaper option. I say you did the right thing. :hump:

I'm with Carts on that, I like having my tickets and not having to worry about it. To each his own though.

Rudy
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Rudy, one thing... the Platinum list is for those season ticket holders who want to buy additional tickets. If you just want to relocate, then you'll get your chance. You'll be in one of the last groups to get that chance, but this year there were over 600 seats available for relocating, and even in the last group, they weren't all field level, so you'll get in to a cheaper option. I say you did the right thing. :hump:

I'm with Carts on that, I like having my tickets and not having to worry about it. To each his own though.

Thx snowy. So all SSH automatically get invited to a relocation appointment? And platinum list is only for thlose wanting additional seats?

Snowy
12-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Thx snowy. So all SSH automatically get invited to a relocation appointment? And platinum list is only for thlose wanting additional seats?

You got it and the appointment time is determined by when you became a SSH. The earlier you got your tix, the earlier your appointment, but the seats available at each appointment depend on what was given up by those relocating before you. The early appointments get to choose from anyone not renewing, and then the seats they move from go in to the pool for the later appointments...

Dre
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Guys, what I'm still not clear about is, what are my chances for off-loading (relocating) these field seats to cheaper ones next yeat at relocation, now that I would be on the platinum list? I mean if there are any SST that will remain, I should get a chance at them before being offered to the gold list. This technically means I should be offered cheaper seats at relocation (even if cheaper means Reds or clubs). Doesn't that make sense? I mean am I stcu with these field SST forever???

I would think that your chances of relocating to cheaper seats would be excellent. (Especially if you don't mind Dark Grey, or Reds) I picked up three in 222 last year to get full seasons in the hopes of relocating, and was able to move to 127 for next year which saved me almost 2 grand. Hopefully in time I'll make it to the south end through the process, but all in all I am happy with the process, and it does get you in the door, and can get you moved in the future. You can't really get cheaper full seasons without taking the leap into "less desirable" seats at some point, and those that stick with partials will likely have trouble jumping straight off the gold list into cheaper seats. Congratulations on becoming a SSH, and good luck with your future relocations.

torontocelt
12-13-2009, 02:47 PM

if you charge more than face value of ticket (except adding in any service charge), you are considered scalping and you will get banned from this board

What I meant was even the cheapest field seat in the stadium are still $105 per ticket to the regular games, worst for premium. If Rudi were to try and sell these at cost if he could not attend the game then some people might not want to take them off his hands as $105 is a lot of money to spend watching a product that does not warrant those kind of prices. If you can afford it then great but if you cannot really afford and have plans on selling tickets to a few games then it could be risky as you may not be able to punt them that easy when much cheaper tickets are available else where in the ground.

RedRum
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm lost on this one.

Well which one is it?

Also, I prefer having season tickets and not having to "get a ticket" to each game. I like getting my SS package then I'm set. I have tickets in the dark greys, some people complain about the price but every persons situation is different. Whats expensive to one person, isn't to another...

Carts...

Others will re-locate no problem, Rudy most likely wont be so lucky is what I am saying. Take this years re-location for example. Mass exodus into any cheaper seat that could be had. The people who bought ST's early and get the first appointments had no problem re-locating. Each day the available cheaper seats became fewer and fewer until the last appointments where there was very little left to choose from. Next year Rudy will be probably be the very last appointment... like I said good luck.

I concede most people renew their tickets. At the same time though now, compared to season 1, pretty well everyone who wants a ST has access to one. I know hundreds of people are in the washroom or beer garden at any given time but there is no way that accounts for the number of empty seats we see now. Scalpers have gone from 100 over face in season 1 to face or even below that at times now. At the present rate of decline, TFC will be Marlies 2.0 in 3 years.

Pookie
12-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm in Sec 109, Row 9, Seats 21-22...

... I'll often offer my tickets up to RPB's who have their kids or parents in who can't sit in the middle of my drunken, profanity laced outbursts on MLS officials LOL...

Carts...

I remember sitting in 109 towards the end of season 2. Are you the guy who taught my 4 year old daughter that the Referee was a "F'ing Douchebag?" :)

Thankfully, she never asked "Daddy, what's a F'ing Douchebag"

My only answer would have to be... "well the referee is one sweetie."

CretanBull
12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Others will re-locate no problem, Rudy most likely wont be so lucky is what I am saying. Take this years re-location for example. Mass exodus into any cheaper seat that could be had. The people who bought ST's early and get the first appointments had no problem re-locating. Each day the available cheaper seats became fewer and fewer until the last appointments where there was very little left to choose from. Next year Rudy will be probably be the very last appointment... like I said good luck.

The thing is that even reds will be cheaper for him, so it shouldn't be a problem for him to relocate.

I agree with your over-all point though, tickets can be had pretty easily - especially if you're willing to buy $40+ tickets.

Yagbod
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Is it really starting at $1900 per seat? For a pair that might be ok, but club seats are less and they are vastly superior seats.

Standing the beer tent probably has a better sight line than those bar-stools on the side lines (that is what we are talking about, isn't it?)

torontocelt
12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
2010 FULL PACKAGE PRICES North/Field Zone A† Field Zone B Field Zone C Field Seats 1 Field Seats 1 Renewal $3420 $2907 $2337 $1995 $1900 New Season $3439 $2945 $2375 $2090 $1995 Youth Season Price (Renewal) n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

These prices are before tax I think?

These didn't paste great. The most expensive is $3439, the cheapest is $1995 but I think you have to get a minimum of two?

wzhxvy
12-13-2009, 06:19 PM
There are bar stools on the East side...and fold up chairs in the SW corner I know for sure...those are the field seats...the bar stools are sold as tables I think...

One other problem with them is you are sitting behind a freaking board...

Canadian Blue
12-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Not to open the can of worms but once again.....this RPB policy is absolute bullshit. If I want to sell my single game ticket for $100 (arbitrary number) and another RPB is willing to spend $100 on single game ticket then in all fairness what buisness is it of the rest of the group.

Someone's asking price is by no means forcing someone to pay said price. I pay for my season tickets out of my own pocket with no financial help from the RPB, therefore I should be able to do with these tickets as I see fit. If I want to sell above face value and someone is interested purchasing at the price offered that is a contract between 2 people, not the RPB as a whole.

Regardless, if I ever had the option to sell above face value I guess there are other sites but by forcing people to go to other sites you are making is less likely "a real supporter" will get the tickets.

Anyway rant over..........please continue

Yohan
12-13-2009, 07:37 PM
^so, you like scalpers and what they do to BMO then?

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I wouldn't be interested to moving to these seats, but I think it would be fun to sit there for one game.

T.O TILL I DIE
12-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Umm So Are They Adding The North End Seats This New Year Or No?
Some1 Msg Me Back With Info Pls

Redpunkfiddle
12-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Umm So Are They Adding The North End Seats This New Year Or No?
Some1 Msg Me Back With Info Pls

Post of the Week.

Pookie
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Not to open the can of worms but once again.....this RPB policy is absolute bullshit. If I want to sell my single game ticket for $100 (arbitrary number) and another RPB is willing to spend $100 on single game ticket then in all fairness what buisness is it of the rest of the group.

Someone's asking price is by no means forcing someone to pay said price. I pay for my season tickets out of my own pocket with no financial help from the RPB, therefore I should be able to do with these tickets as I see fit. If I want to sell above face value and someone is interested purchasing at the price offered that is a contract between 2 people, not the RPB as a whole.

Any other policies of the group you chose to join that you disagree with?

Pookie
12-13-2009, 08:55 PM
2010 FULL PACKAGE PRICES North/Field Zone A† Field Zone B Field Zone C Field Seats 1 Field Seats 1 Renewal $3420 $2907 $2337 $1995 $1900 New Season $3439 $2945 $2375 $2090 $1995 Youth Season Price (Renewal) n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

These prices are before tax I think?

These didn't paste great. The most expensive is $3439, the cheapest is $1995 but I think you have to get a minimum of two?

Without a doubt this is the most expensive way to get into a cheaper section over time.

It short cuts the line by about a year or two. If that has value to an individual then I the cost is justified.

torontocelt
12-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Without a doubt this is the most expensive way to get into a cheaper section over time.

It short cuts the line by about a year or two. If that has value to an individual then I the cost is justified.

Totally, if someone has the money it is up to them how they spend it.

Rudy
12-13-2009, 09:03 PM

Picked up the $1995 fields. Like I said, i only did this based on the fact that I can sell at least half of them to friends and co-workers. So that leaves with me half a season at $2K to bypass the gold list and partial packs BS. Next year, hoping to relocate to cheaper.. meaning reds or dark greys at least.

I wasn't prepared to deal with marlies packs or wait 1-3 more yrs on gold wait list.

Boris
12-13-2009, 09:05 PM

Regardless, if I ever had the option to sell above face value I guess there are other sites but by forcing people to go to other sites you are making is less likely "a real supporter" will get the tickets.

Anyway rant over..........please continue

These are the rules that have been set in order to get as many RPB's in the seats as possible. It is only fair to ask that you resell your tickets at the price stated. If someone doesn't agree with this then simply do not use our ticket exchange program.

If we were to change this policy then where does the price increase stop? We will become no better than those third party sites. Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion but our policies are as is.

Pookie
12-13-2009, 09:05 PM
^ that's cool and don't feel the need to justify yourself. You paid what it cost to get what you wanted

Pookie
12-13-2009, 09:11 PM
If we were to change this policy then where does the price increase stop? We will become no better than those third party sites. Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion but our policies are as is.

I think the bigger issue is what does scalping do to the overall support that the team enjoys?

The reason that the environment is what it is, is because supporters go and go regularly. There is organization. There is a sense of belonging.

If a seat is only open to the highest bidder... and a different bidder each time... you will have what amounts to the lower bowl at the ACC.

This is my long term fear with this ownership. That season ticket prices (face value prices) will get to a point where you have to share your seat costs with friends in order to be able to afford to keep them. eg. share with 4 couples and each gets 4 games.

Atmosphere will take a tumble. Think of some of the quieter sections throughout the stadium as examples of what happens when you have "casual" fans who are interested in going... but not THAT interested in the outcome of the game. Show up late, leave early and never stay in the rain. They'll take pictures of 112 and throw them on their facebook sites and talk about how "crazy" it was and how they should go again next year.

MLSE will take us there soon enough. My own view is that we don't need fans helping that process along any sooner than necessary.

Rudy
12-13-2009, 09:12 PM
^ that's cool and don't feel the need to justify yourself. You paid what it cost to get what you wanted

dont get me wrong. struggled quite a bit with the decision, but hope it will work out.

Does anyone know when does schedule get posted, and when will tickets appear in account manager?

Always There
12-13-2009, 09:45 PM
I think the bigger issue is what does scalping do to the overall support that the team enjoys?

The reason that the environment is what it is, is because supporters go and go regularly. There is organization. There is a sense of belonging.

If a seat is only open to the highest bidder... and a different bidder each time... you will have what amounts to the lower bowl at the ACC.

This is my long term fear with this ownership. That season ticket prices (face value prices) will get to a point where you have to share your seat costs with friends in order to be able to afford to keep them. eg. share with 4 couples and each gets 4 games.

Atmosphere will take a tumble. Think of some of the quieter sections throughout the stadium as examples of what happens when you have "casual" fans who are interested in going... but not THAT interested in the outcome of the game. Show up late, leave early and never stay in the rain. They'll take pictures of 112 and throw them on their facebook sites and talk about how "crazy" it was and how they should go again next year.

MLSE will take us there soon enough. My own view is that we don't need fans helping that process along any sooner than necessary.

You take a guy talking about selling tickets pretty far with that scenario. I'm sure scalpers make up a very small percentage of tickets, especially in the supporters section. They will always exist, they're a fact of life. I just don't think the situation is as bad as you make it. Just because someone buys a ticket off of a scalper that doesn't mean they are going to be a bad supporter.

I don't like this talk of a sense of belonging, or that the good atmosphere is dependent on organization. That really starts to sound like "you're in or you're out", or "you're one of us, or you're not". Don't be so judgemental of other people and just enjoy yourself. If people come to BMO, they're helping support the team.

Pookie
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't like this talk of a sense of belonging, or that the good atmosphere is dependent on organization. That really starts to sound like "you're in or you're out", or "you're one of us, or you're not". Don't be so judgemental of other people and just enjoy yourself. If people come to BMO, they're helping support the team.

The atmosphere IS dependent on organization. I won't say that you must belong to a supporter's group or even a particular one to be a part of that. But the drums and banners and chants don't just spontaneously come together. There is no scoreboard prompted "make noise now" message.

That takes consistency and interest. It takes folks going out of their way to learn lyrics or coordinate a TIFO. etc.

By no means though I am suggesting that the same people have to go all the time. I don't advocate against selling tickets if you can't go.

I advocate against selling them at a profit and in such a way that it limits who and how often one can go.

MLSE is not going to do anything to prevent scalpers. The police won't act unless there is a complaint. So, if you want to maintain access for a larger group of people (either here or through the Official Ticket Exchange) is it not up to individuals or groups to speak out against the practice of scalping? If not me or you, then who?

Redpunkfiddle
12-13-2009, 10:14 PM
You take a guy talking about selling tickets pretty far with that scenario. I'm sure scalpers make up a very small percentage of tickets, especially in the supporters section. They will always exist, they're a fact of life. I just don't think the situation is as bad as you make it. Just because someone buys a ticket off of a scalper that doesn't mean they are going to be a bad supporter.

Uh, you realize this is a Supporter's website....

Boris
12-13-2009, 10:22 PM

ticket pricing and costs is something that myself and the exec will address this season. More news to come on this in the next few weeks!!

Carts
12-13-2009, 11:10 PM
I remember sitting in 109 towards the end of season 2. Are you the guy who taught my 4 year old daughter that the Referee was a "F'ing Douchebag?" :)

Thankfully, she never asked "Daddy, what's a F'ing Douchebag"

My only answer would have to be... "well the referee is one sweetie."

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me... I certainly hope not... Pretty sure it wasn't...

Sorry if it was... :(

Carts...

Carts
12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
I concede most people renew their tickets... ...At the present rate of decline, TFC will be Marlies 2.0 in 3 years.

WOW, I had no idea the Marlies had 16,000 season ticket holders...

Since you agree that most people renew their tickets, and still think that they'll be the Marlies in 3-years, the Marlies must have a huge season ticket base...

How did an AHL team with 16,000 season tickets not win a marketing award is beyond me...!

All seriousness aside, saying TFC will be the Marlies isn't smart, I'll take that bet any day...

Carts...

RedRum
12-13-2009, 11:48 PM
The thing is that even reds will be cheaper for him, so it shouldn't be a problem for him to relocate.

I agree with your over-all point though, tickets can be had pretty easily - especially if you're willing to buy $40+ tickets.

Yeah Greg you are right that is what it all comes down to - is it worth it to shell out over $100 per ticket per game for tickets generally not thought of as good value seats for a chance to get an $80 or so per game ticket for next year? For me no, but as always to each their own. If dude is happy with how it pans out, who am I to judge...

RedRum
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
WOW, I had no idea the Marlies had 16,000 season ticket holders...

Since you agree that most people renew their tickets, and still think that they'll be the Marlies in 3-years, the Marlies must have a huge season ticket base...

How did an AHL team with 16,000 season tickets not win a marketing award is beyond me...!

All seriousness aside, saying TFC will be the Marlies isn't smart, I'll take that bet any day...

Carts...

Look at it this way. Season 1 you had 30,000 people wanting a ticket to a stadium that holds 20,000. Season 2 opening day maybe 25,000, by the end of year maybe 22,000. Season 3 21,000 at the beginning and probably 17,000 by the end.

Do the math. What will it be like in another 3 years at the currnet rate of decline? Marlies territory - 10 bucks on Craigslist to get into the stadium. And if that doesn't convince everyone I'm right and you are wrong....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3963663887_71e30f16dd.jpg

Your honour, I rest my case :D:p:D:p

Carts
12-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Look at it this way. Season 1 you had 30,000 people wanting a ticket to a stadium that holds 20,000. Season 2 opening day maybe 25,000, by the end of year maybe 22,000. Season 3 21,000 at the beginning and probably 17,000 by the end.

Do the math. What will it be like in another 3 years at the currnet rate of decline? Marlies territory - 10 bucks on Craigslist to get into the stadium. And if that doesn't convince everyone I'm right and you are wrong....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3963663887_71e30f16dd.jpg

That is an epic pic!

I still don't think we'll be the Marlies in 3-years, and will take the bet...

Marlies average attendance for the playoffs, the playoffs was 2,724...

Do you really think in 3-years we will be drawing 2,724 fans to games...?

Here's a quote from an article in the star written by Dave Feschuk:
The Marlies bat around the reasons for their relative unpopularity. Maybe it's the Ricoh Coliseum's location, well off the subway line at Exhibition Place (although Toronto FC fans seem to have no problem finding BMO Field across the parking lot). Maybe it's the ticket prices, which, at $44 for the best post-season seats, don't scream minor league (although there are $16 playoff seats for the budget-minded). Maybe real hockey fans stay home to watch the NHL playoffs. Maybe this city's citizens are elitists. Everybody's got a theory.
http://www.thestar.com/article/426857

I really don't see us being like the Marlies in 3-years...

Carts...

BuSaPuNk
12-14-2009, 12:51 AM
I can't ever see us being at the level of the Marlies. Listen I love hockey and used alot of the tickets from the ransom pack last year. Marlies is good hockey.

However this is the same arguement I had with some friends at work. The city of Toronto in mass, doesn't care about any other hockey but the Toronto Maple Leafs. Marlies, St. Mikes, Brampton all have below average attendance. They always will. People don't care for it.

Just look at the World Cup of Hockey when it was last here. The championship game at the ACC which seats 19,000 + couldn't sell all there seats until game time and that was with Canada in the final.

torontocelt
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM

For me some parts of thee stadium are not paying enough for a season tickets and other parts are paying way too much. I think $500 for the south side is reasonable however I think anything above $800 in the prawnies is ridiculous. If the MLSE raise their prices above a level I find unacceptable or disproportionate to the level of talent on the pitch then I will simply stop going. I would never pay more than $65 a ticket and even then I think that is too much. I am lucky I have season in the south side but some people are paying top dollar for a product that simply does not justify it in my eyes. The MLSE will not be able to raise prices much higher beofre people stop going I am sure of that.

Rudy
12-14-2009, 07:52 AM

RedRum,
A couple of points:
#1. Last time Toronto Maple Leafs won stanley cup was in 1967? Last time they made the playoffs was how long ago? Look at the price of their tickets. Still going and going. There is enuf interest in soccer in TO, and in anything that is MLS level sport.

#2. I don't believe MLS is short-sighted in their business plan. They've just invested in green turf, and aare adding sorth side stands to BMO. Why go through this if they're forecasting a decline??!

#3. 96% of SSH renewed for 2010. Wait lists are still going strong. You are really contradicting yourself by telling me that I would not be able to relocated by field seats to anything cheaper, yet telling me that there is mass exodus of people who want tickets, and that interest is declining.

#4. In the very unlikely event that interest in TFC declines, then that should just mean that i should have no problem getting any seats i want at BMO... which is really what i'm after..

#5. If you're pretty certain TFC is on the decline, I assume that you are now a SSH and that you were quick to jump ship and get rid of these seats.. is that correct?

I strongly disagree with your outlook. Soccer in Canada has been on the rise since the mid-90's, and regardless of the fact that if TFC made play-offs or not, BMO is at capacity. I wonder what would happen if TFC does make play-offs in 2010...

Oldtimer
12-14-2009, 08:30 AM
We've always been clear on our policy since Day 1. Don't like it? Scalp your tickets on Stubhub or Ebay. However, don't consider yourself a "supporter," consider yourself a "scalper."

I've sold many tickets over the last 3 years. Never have I asked more than face value from a fellow supporter, or from anyone else for that matter.