PDA

View Full Version : Raul to MLS?

Chevy
12-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Philly may be in the running....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/12/10/raul-mls/index.html?eref=si_soccer&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fsi_soccer+%28SI.com+-+Soccer%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

ArmenJBX
12-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I just signed him yesterday for Toronto FC after 4 seasons in manager mode for FIFA 10.

I wake up today and this is posted. Fate? I hope so :D

jloome
12-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Better hope we can get another DP slot from somewhere, or there is no hope.

torontocelt
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
I cannot see it happening, why would Raul want to leave Real with a season to go on his contract? For me he seems the kind of guy who would probably just hang his boots up for ever once he cannot play for Real anymore.

Parkdale
12-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I saw this on Goal.com too.

torontocelt makes a good point. The guy is living legend status, why mess with that?

Belfast_Boy
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I cannot see it happening, why would Raul want to leave Real with a season to go on his contract? For me he seems the kind of guy who would probably just hang his boots up for ever once he cannot play for Real anymore.

I saw this on Goal.com too.

torontocelt makes a good point. The guy is living legend status, why mess with that?

exactly! why come here and leave $10 mil to get kicked in the ankles.

Parkdale
12-11-2009, 12:41 PM
^ hahaha... good point.

or to play on NFL football lines.

prizby
12-11-2009, 12:43 PM
i agree with torontocelt...only other team i could see him with is athletico (where he played a couple years when he was on their youth team)

but i doubt he'll ever leave Real

Chapman
12-11-2009, 12:54 PM
I just signed him yesterday for Toronto FC after 4 seasons in manager mode for FIFA 10.

I wake up today and this is posted. Fate? I hope so :D

Your FIFA is some sort of voodoo future telling deal! Sim the world cup so I can start placing bets lol.

Roogsy
12-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Maybe he'll play for Barcelona Miami? :p

Parkdale
12-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe he'll play for Barcelona Miami? :p

I think you and me should head down there and help them figure out this whole 'supporters group' thing. Whatdoyasay?

MUFC_Niagara
12-11-2009, 01:16 PM
There is a better chance of my dog signing for TFC. She'd make a hell of a CB. She can jump, run for hours, and is great at bringing people down!

Oldtimer
12-11-2009, 01:18 PM
^ hahaha... good point.

or to play on CFL football lines at BMO.

fyp :D

Nodoubtguy
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Raul + TFC = :puke:

Roogsy
12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
I think you and me should head down there and help them figure out this whole 'supporters group' thing. Whatdoyasay?

LOL!

Tempting...sooooo tempting.

C.Ronaldo
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
for his family

you be surprised how much one misses the ability to walk the streets without being charged by fans and paparazzi

Roogsy
12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I know the feeling. :D

I don't know about New York being such a good location then. Maybe he will wind up in Clownbus?

Parkdale
12-11-2009, 01:33 PM
for his family

you be surprised how much one misses the ability to walk the streets without being charged by fans and paparazzi

yeah, but unless he goes to Miami, he might be in for a bit of a surprise walking the streets of Oakville in the Winter. (or jersey, or boston, or philly)

Dirk Diggler
12-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Are you serious?

ArmenJBX
12-11-2009, 06:09 PM
How Mighty of you :D

Yohan
05-23-2010, 06:38 PM
one step closer to MLS?

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2010/05/22/1936736/report-real-madrid-offer-to-terminate-remaining-year-of

TFC/Everton
05-23-2010, 07:07 PM
It would hurt my soul to cheer for Raul. Dont get me wrong, he would be an amazing player for TFC, but man, I have spent my entire life hating him!!! Ahh well, he's not coming here.

BakaGaijin
05-23-2010, 07:27 PM
for his family

Agreed.

Perhaps Jose Caulderon could talk up the benefits of T.O. to Raul.

Jose is supposedly a Real Madrid supporter.

DichioTFC
05-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Raul would be good for the league. I just don't want him playing for TFC.

Glad to see they got someone to move to Philly now that Pires has discovered how much of a dump it is

bigtfcfan
05-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I would love to see Raul play for TFC, imagine all our opportunities actually going into the net.

Juanito
05-23-2010, 11:24 PM
I have made a career (unpaid of course) of hating that bastard Mierdista. Last time I was in Madrid, I almost had an all out beat-down with some local who tried to convince me he was the greatest player of all-time, and I pointed out that:

a) Di Stéfano was the greatest Real Madrid player of all-time. Raúl was unworthy to lick the corn off Di Stéfano's shit.
b) How many Euro(s) and/or World Cup(s) have we won under that shitbag? NONE!
c) He's a facist cunt! I said, "¡Coño, es un puto facha!"

Had it not been for my wife and sister-in-laws, I'd probably be in a Madrid jail right now!!

Suffice to say, I CAN NOT and WILL NOT cheer for that cunt if he plays on TFC. You can't make me!!

shwade
05-24-2010, 12:01 AM
I have made a career (unpaid of course) of hating that bastard Mierdista. Last time I was in Madrid, I almost had an all out beat-down with some local who tried to convince me he was the greatest player of all-time, and I pointed out that:

a) Di Stéfano was the greatest Real Madrid player of all-time. Raúl was unworthy to lick the corn off Di Stéfano's shit.

Had it not been for my wife and sister-in-laws, I'd probably be in a Madrid jail right now!!

Suffice to say, I CAN NOT and WILL NOT cheer for that cunt if he plays on TFC. You can't make me!!

shit, this was intense and captivating. thanks.

Joe Kool
05-24-2010, 12:11 AM

Any real football reason that you don't like him or is it just the fact that he hasn't won a Euro/World Cup?

Juanito
05-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Any real football reason that you don't like him or is it just the fact that he hasn't won a Euro/World Cup?

For the better part of five years, he was rammed down our throats. He was supposed to be the second coming. He did shit-all for the squad. Statistically-speaking, he did fine, but he broke the locker room into two ... Raúl's boys, guys like Gutti and the anti-Raúls, guys like Puyol. He was the poster boy of Spain, but in reality (and this is my opinion), he was it's cancer.

I guess I dislike him because he is put on a pedestal that I think he never deserved.

Don't get me wrong, he would do well in MLS, it would just really suck for me personally.

drexel10
05-27-2010, 09:13 AM
For the better part of five years, he was rammed down our throats. He was supposed to be the second coming. He did shit-all for the squad. Statistically-speaking, he did fine, but he broke the locker room into two ... Raúl's boys, guys like Gutti and the anti-Raúls, guys like Puyol. He was the poster boy of Spain, but in reality (and this is my opinion), he was it's cancer.

I guess I dislike him because he is put on a pedestal that I think he never deserved.

Don't get me wrong, he would do well in MLS, it would just really suck for me personally.

Isn't the Spanish locker split because of the Basques and Catalonian split. My freind from Madrid says the reporters from those regions interview their own guys, so do you think Raul enhanced an already well known split in the locker room?

Edit: I also have an autographed Real shirt from Raul :)

trane
05-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Raul is not comming to TFC. He may not even be leaving Real, Mou is saying that he will have a talk to him, once the contractual issues with Inter are solved.

Juanito
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Isn't the Spanish locker split because of the Basques and Catalonian split. My freind from Madrid says the reporters from those regions interview their own guys, so do you think Raul enhanced an already well known split in the locker room?

Edit: I also have an autographed Real shirt from Raul :)

No, that is not true. The Catalans that are there are because they more-or-less feel Spanish. Even Puyol has stated that when he puts on the shirt, he is Spanish. The Madrid-based press makes a bigger deal than it really is.

Raúl is a cunt. He split the locker room because he is a cunt, and an over-bearing patriotic one, that didn't sit well with the other players.