PDA

View Full Version : Morgan's Latest Blog Entry ~Abdus Ibrahim and Alphabet Soup

kelzag
06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
"So Abdus Ibrahim (http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t104&player=ibrahim_a&playerId=ibr050576&statType=current) is still training with Toronto, but we're no closer to knowing why, or for how long, or what TFC (or FCD or MLS) plans to do with him. First, let's clarify who we're talking about.
Abdus Ibrahim is not Abbe Ibrahim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbe_Ibrahim), the Togolese striker who scored some preseason goals for TFC in 2007, but played very little in the regular season before the team released him.
For a minute, though, after Abbe left town and before I had actually seen Abdus, I thought they were the same guy. I would see the name "Abdus Ibrahim" on MLS player lists and figure "Abbe" was just a nickname, and that he signed with Dallas after leaving TFC.
But no, this Ibrahim is the second-youngest player ever selected in the MLS Superdraft, and at 17 is still the league's youngest player."

Read more:
http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/

Ossington Mental Youth
06-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Interesting.

a.ungaro
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
is he good at least?

Corpand
06-12-2008, 07:26 PM
hahaha I know this kid well. Played with him during Football Manager 08, had him on the wing, he developed into one of the best MLS palyers so I did some more research into him.

http://nazret.com/blog/index.php?title=ethiopia_15_year_old_abdus_ibrahim _could&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

For what I know, he is one quick bugger.

Cambridge_Red
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
15????????

He looks like he's 40!

ag futbol
06-12-2008, 08:32 PM
^ Un-authetic birth certificate at work.

I like this idea, low downside, high upside. So... how about we throw in Oduro and Kenny Cooper for Cunningham and we call it a deal?

I can dream

T_Mizz
06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Interesting does anyone know if is a possibility?

ExiledRed
06-12-2008, 09:53 PM
He's only 17?

Fuck me, I had no idea. We needed to keep that one, wtf was up with the work permit thing?

I remember him in the Carolina Cup, and in retrospect, for a 16 year old (I thought he was about 22,) he was very good, I hope this works out.

Ding! Cunny for Abbe and thankyou, done. Please.

T_Mizz
06-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Someone needs to read the third line of the article?

Pachuco
06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Second youngest player ever selected in the draft by who? FCD? If that's the case, has he played for them at all? If he is nowhere near MLS ready we surely can't give up Cunny for him being that we are short strikers.

Unless of course he's only <part> of the deal or we plan on signing strikers from outside on Sunday when the window opens :)

DigzTFC!
06-13-2008, 01:44 AM
I like this move if was to happen. The kid was drafted at 15, but he just turned 17 and has been in the league a year and a half seasons.

http://fc.dallas.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?player=ibrahim_a&playerId=ibr050576&statType=current&team=t104

He has a 6 foot speedy frame with a nack for scoring. This will be Chris Cummins first real test of turning potential into a player. At 15 this kid was highly touted in certain circles. Given the chance he could develop into something special. He is also a Generation Adidas which is a developmental contract and doesn't count against the cap. Furthermore, he has the potential to become Canadian as this is a long term project.

With our draft picks potential for next year, we could be building a solid foundation of youth:

Dejan Jakovic, O'Brian White, Kyle Hall, Masumi Turnbull and Toisaint Ricketts are all graduating....

Not to mention the Canadian youth floating around in Marcus Haber, Justin Isidro and Thomas Kargbo

I think this could be the beginning of the end for Lombardo at TFC

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-13-2008, 02:34 AM
From the Star-Telegram in Dallas, June 7th:

The final benefit to FC Dallas is the Abdus Ibrahim situation. Ibrahim was the second-youngest player ever drafted in MLS when FC Dallas selected him at 15 last year. "Ibee" hasn't been in camp since the first week of May.Family issues have taken him to Toronto, and common sense says he may not come back.

http://www.star-telegram.com/549/story/687478.html

ccopela
06-13-2008, 07:24 AM
He's only 17?

Fuck me, I had no idea. We needed to keep that one, wtf was up with the work permit thing?

I remember him in the Carolina Cup, and in retrospect, for a 16 year old (I thought he was about 22,) he was very good, I hope this works out.

Ding! Cunny for Abbe and thankyou, done. Please.

I think that you may be confusing him with Abbe Ibrahim who was here last year. Abdus is a different player. Abbe went to Scandinavia and was never heard from again.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Curious to see what happens in the draft and with this cat.
What happened with Haber, Isidro and Kargbo? Are they free agents?

ExiledRed
06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
I think that you may be confusing him with Abbe Ibrahim who was here last year. Abdus is a different player. Abbe went to Scandinavia and was never heard from again.

OK, that makes more sense...I missed the 'not' in the article, and got confused/

rocker
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
wow, he's over 6 feet tall at age 17? sheesh.

so Generation Adidas players are on the DEV Roster... good.. means Mojo doesn't have to toss a senior. and he has 2 int spots left, so one for this kid and 1 for a DP :)

T_Mizz
06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
wow, he's over 6 feet tall at age 17? sheesh.

so Generation Adidas players are on the DEV Roster... good.. means Mojo doesn't have to toss a senior. and he has 2 int spots left, so one for this kid and 1 for a DP :)
Excellent simply excellent

T_Mizz
06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Curious to see what happens in the draft and with this cat.
What happened with Haber, Isidro and Kargbo? Are they free agents?
Surely you're not talking about ibrahim as we just talked about him being with FC Dallas

Ossington Mental Youth
06-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Surely you're not talking about ibrahim as we just talked about him being with FC Dallas

I did make a differentiation between the two.

Curious to see what happens in the draft and with this cat

kdzb
06-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Do we own the guy and his rights now or he still belong to Dallas.
If he develop to be like Adu or Jozy and we get 10 or 15 mil for him later that will be a great deal for TFC profits.
Generation Addidas end up eventually in Europe and this kid is one of them that got drafted at 15 and I'm sure by year 19 and the experience he will get with Carver and Winsper, Europe will be knoking at our doors. I just hope by then he will become Canadian and he can play for the CMNT in the future