PDA

View Full Version : You know what would go nicely with our new grass pitch?

Stryker
12-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Racaro bench seats.
I view it as another step forward in building a world class facility for our team.
Easy to acquire, relatively low in cost, and they'd look smashing in grey and red with TFC crests.
What say you?

http://www.culture-buzz.com/IMG/jpg/1404recaro.jpg

UltraSuperMegaMo
12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
They are hella cool. I thought for sure when I you were going to be pushing for video boards.

SilverSamurai
12-06-2009, 12:55 AM
They look pretty sweet.
I want a Recaro computer chair. :)

Roogsy
12-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I've mentioned this a few times. They really need to move away from the aluminium benches. Hopefully at some point they get some real professional covers and seats.

Cambridge_Red
12-06-2009, 01:45 AM
How about an MLS Cup instead?

nascarguy
12-06-2009, 03:23 AM
They are hella cool. I thought for sure when I you were going to be pushing for video boards.
yeah we need a new one
like this one
http://www.thesportsroadtrip.com/ham1328.jpg

Sab0tage
12-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I believe he meant video advertisement boards, not a new display screen/scoreboard.

nascarguy
12-06-2009, 04:18 AM
I believe he meant video advertisement boards, not a new display screen/scoreboard.
the main video sceen in the northend is broken but yeah sideline video ads boards would be cool

zooko62000
12-06-2009, 04:44 AM
This stuff would be cool. But how about we make it to the playoffs, or even win the supporters shield and then we'll talk about video boards, and Racaro bench seats. The product on the field is much more important then the product around the field. In my opinion.
:scarf:

nascarguy
12-06-2009, 04:57 AM
This stuff would be cool. But how about we make it to the playoffs, or even win the supporters shield and then we'll talk about video boards, and Racaro bench seats. The product on the field is much more important then the product around the field. In my opinion.
that is something your going to have to ask the players to give us it not something MLSE can buy.
The supporter shield sould be something that the supporter win

flatpicker
12-06-2009, 08:23 AM
The supporter shield sould be something that the supporter win

you have me confused nascar

CretanBull
12-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Would would really go nicely with out new grass pitch is a Lawnmower :D

James17930
12-06-2009, 08:26 AM
you have me confused nascar

We win the Supporter's Shield through our players who win it due to our unswerving support. :scarf:

flatpicker
12-06-2009, 08:31 AM
^ Actually, the players win it by working their asses off for the whole season (with a little encouragement from us on home dates).
... oh, and I think the word you are looking for is "unwavering".

James17930
12-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I think the word you are looking for is "unwavering".

unswerving - firm and dependable especially in loyalty; "a steadfast ally"; "a staunch defender of free speech"; "unswerving devotion"; "unswerving allegiance"

Both work.

flatpicker
12-06-2009, 08:58 AM
^ I actually wasn't debating that your word worked... just that it wasn't the "traditional" word used in that situation.

I was kinda trying to poke fun... sorry if I came across like the grammar police!
;)

ensco
12-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I have one of those in my home office. Bought it off somebody who welded it onto a traditional chair swivel base. Most comfortable chair in existence.

stugautz
12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
I always thought those seats looked like they came from a Honda Civic with an annoying muffler

Parkdale
12-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Racaro bench seats.
I view it as another step forward in building a world class facility for our team.
Easy to acquire, relatively low in cost, and they'd look smashing in grey and red with TFC crests.
What say you?

http://www.culture-buzz.com/IMG/jpg/1404recaro.jpg

it just had to be Lyon eh?

Shakes McQueen
12-06-2009, 12:37 PM
This would actually be a great idea, and another nail in the "Argos to BMO" coffin.

- Scott

Gixmo
12-06-2009, 12:51 PM
There's far more serious infrastructure requiring attention, other then the pampering of player behinds... It's nice, but is is a 'need' or a 'want' ??? Low cost? You ever put any of those in a vehicle.. Easy way to kill ones wallet (... but extremely comfortable on the highway)

That being said, I love them.. but nah, not yet.. Maybe a supporters gate (Love it) Side boards, a roof..?

Stryker
12-06-2009, 01:10 PM
There's far more serious infrastructure requiring attention, other then the pampering of player behinds... It's nice, but is is a 'need' or a 'want' ??? Low cost? You ever put any of those in a vehicle.. Easy way to kill ones wallet (... but extremely comfortable on the highway)

That being said, I love them.. but nah, not yet.. Maybe a supporters gate (Love it) Side boards, a roof..?

They'd be low in cost by comparion to other upgrades and much easier to install. Because this is something that could be approved of and done in a couple days, it would seem to me to be a logical baby step in terms of improving our facilities.
By no means am I trying to pamper players but rather looking for an easier way to raise a potential signees brow in interest.
Metal benches aren't going to appeal to anyone.

A roof or electronic side boards cost in the millions and their pathes are littered with red tape and city hoops for MLSE to jump through.
Racaro seats are no fuss, no muss.

C.Ronaldo
12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
this could easily be sponsored by VW as a GTI ad or something.

i wish i could have my GTI seats as my work chair

Stryker
12-06-2009, 01:17 PM

There ya go. With multiple sponsors they could probley even get these things for zero cost.

JuliquE
12-06-2009, 01:39 PM
I keep hearing the idea of a roof floating around, but then..

Is it just me that thinks non-enclosed stadiums look terrible with a roof?! I would think that's a priority, anyway.. and I'm also not in a rush to block a lovely view of our signature skyline.

AL-MO
12-06-2009, 01:52 PM
How about an MLS Cup instead?

The product on the field, and winning the MLS Cup is definitely the most important.

This is just some fun, lighthearted offseason discussion.

Gixmo
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM

.... tell me about it, Productivity would a new low.. Everyone just be chillin..

I like em, really I do.. but I'd rather see a win first before we plop some butts. I see your point with the metal benches, but I don't see a potential trialist/player jumping ship just because we have some Recaros for them to chillax in and catch the match :)

SilverSamurai
12-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I always thought those seats looked like they came from a Honda Civic with an annoying muffler
Recaro made the seats for the 4th Gen Civic/2nd Gen CRX Si.
They've also made them for the Civic Type R, so you're not too far off.

Recaro's for TFC, aluminum benches for the opposing teams.

stugautz
12-07-2009, 06:50 AM

I would prefer to see the team without VW sponsorship. DC is sponsored by VW

TFCRegina
12-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Didn't realize MLSE was putting in Under Soil Heating as well! That's totally awesome.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/article/735528--bmo-field-of-dreams-takes-shape

In January, more than 34 kilometres of tubing will be put down on top of the gravel to serve as the field heating system. It will be followed by 4,000 tonnes of a sand and peat growing mix to be spread across the field.

TFCRegina
12-08-2009, 08:15 AM
They'd be low in cost by comparion to other upgrades and much easier to install. Because this is something that could be approved of and done in a couple days, it would seem to me to be a logical baby step in terms of improving our facilities.
By no means am I trying to pamper players but rather looking for an easier way to raise a potential signees brow in interest.
Metal benches aren't going to appeal to anyone.

A roof or electronic side boards cost in the millions and their pathes are littered with red tape and city hoops for MLSE to jump through.
Racaro seats are no fuss, no muss.

If seats that douchebags put in their cars are what is going to be the tipping point in bringing certain players to this club or not, we might as well just sign the ones that are available already rather than grabbing douchebags who want to sit in a chair that costs a couple thousand bucks a pop.

FluSH
12-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I keep hearing the idea of a roof floating around, but then..

The roof would be a huge expense, but it would add to the atmosphere(in terms of carrying sound) more than a beautiful skyline (which is all visual)... Even if they just partially give us a roof I would take it in a heart beat...

but then again we would need to obtain some Edu type money x 5 to even consider having a partial roof over BMO Field

james
12-08-2009, 01:46 PM

i dont know why people want those boards, they are dam annoying and distracting. I prefer the advertising boards that we have now that arent in your face so much and flashing bright lights all game long.

james
12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
The roof would be a huge expense, but it would add to the atmosphere(in terms of carrying sound) more than a beautiful skyline (which is all visual)... Even if they just partially give us a roof I would take it in a heart beat...

but then again we would need to obtain some Edu type money x 5 to even consider having a partial roof over BMO Field

ya roof would be sick in making a good atmosphere but would also be some serious money since i think ive seen only 1 stadium ever that had a roof in the stands behind the nets and not at the side stands. 99% of the time if theres a roof behind the net stands then there is also a roof at the side stands. So building all those roofs would cost a good few $million at the least, i doubt MLSE would be investing that anytime soon.

Parkdale
12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
sorry.... but what have our players done to deserve nice seats?
They win one meaningless trophy against two meaningless USL clubs,
and we want to reward them with fancy seats? Cushy seats are for winners!
Coffee is for closers! Seats are for winners!!

http://needcoffee.cachefly.net/needcoffee/uploads/2009/01/alec-baldwin-glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

Fuck you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you can't close them - go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fucking faggots? A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING. A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have you attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision, for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

Ladies Love Julius James
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=recaro+seats&spell=1&oi=spell

no one is forking out the loot for this LOL

Marianne
12-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Parkdale, you kill me.
:poke:

:rofl:

pekduck
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
sorry.... but what have our players done to deserve nice seats?
They win one meaningless trophy against two meaningless USL clubs,
and we want to reward them with fancy seats? Cushy seats are for winners!
Coffee is for closers! Seats are for winners!!

http://needcoffee.cachefly.net/needcoffee/uploads/2009/01/alec-baldwin-glengarry-glen-ross.jpg

Fuck you. That's my name. You know why, mister? You drove a Hyundai to get here. I drove an eighty-thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you can't close them - go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life: Get them to sign on the line which is dotted. You hear me you fucking faggots? A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING. A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have you attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision, for Christ? And Action. A-I-D-A. Get out there - you got the prospects coming in. You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money. Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? What's the problem, pal?

^
WIN

lol

Blazer
12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
If benches are good enough for hockey players and football guys, then they’re good enough for soccer players.

I don’t want superficial changes that don’t matter to 20,000 … I want a roof-shelf over the east side and endzones, and the beer gardens replaced with another 3,000+ seats.

Of course if the cost is really that insignificant - sure, bring in the “hella-cool” seats, but if this is their “one upgrade a year” quota spending, I’d just as soon look past.

Justify the annual hikes to my season ticket with upgrades that affect me. I don’t want to pay more so that players can drive a Ferrari rather than a Lexus. (Referring to the comfort of their seats I mean)

CoachGT
12-08-2009, 02:14 PM
The last thing I'd want to do is make the players bench more attractive than being on the pitch. If you are not on the pitch, you shouldn't be given royal treatment.

billyfly
12-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Can we put wrought iron gates around the Ricaro Seats?

manic.street.preacher
12-08-2009, 02:17 PM
:rofl: beat me to the punch, i was totally gonna ask for gates

FluSH
12-08-2009, 02:21 PM

Wait a second... we need to win the League before we can talk about these things!

Parkdale
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
The last thing I'd want to do is make the players bench more attractive than being on the pitch. If you are not on the pitch, you shouldn't be given royal treatment.

then we have an old wooden bench for subs, and comfy chairs for players who've scored and then been taken off in the 80th to rest.

Marianne
12-08-2009, 02:32 PM

Billyfly, let's be honest here.
You're just trying to stir up shit so you can manufacture your own history to win thread of the year (since your other one is now closed).:D

FluSH
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Billyfly, let's be honest here.
You're just trying to stir up shit so you can manufacture your own history to win thread of the year (since your other one is now closed).:D

I think Billy already won as the official OFF-SEASON thread of the year... every year there is one thread... and well... that was it!

Marianne
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
^Yeah, but it was so manufactured, so it doesn't count. He only raised the topic of wrought-iron gates because it is so controversial. Doesn't count when you are shooting fish in a barrel. Everyone knows that gates are a sure-fire topic to get everyone fighting.

torfchamilton
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't sit on the West Side, but for those that sit behind the benches, wouldn't it be better if there was actually a dugout where the team sits like some stadiums in Europe.

Parkdale
12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't sit on the West Side, but for those that sit behind the benches, wouldn't it be better if there was actually a dugout where the team sits like some stadiums in Europe.

dugouts are for baseball!

:flare:

(I'm just teasing, that would be a good idea)

billyfly
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Gimme gates, or gimme death.

CoachGT
12-08-2009, 03:16 PM
then we have an old wooden bench for subs, and comfy chairs for players who've scored and then been taken off in the 80th to rest.

I can live with that, although I'd still hold off on the comfy chairs - I'd rather that the players want to stay out there....

Parkdale
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I can live with that, although I'd still hold off on the comfy chairs - I'd rather that the players want to stay out there....

hahah... let's just get ONE of those seats, and call it the 'Player of the Match Throne'

james
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM

ive only seen a few stadiums with dugouts, majority dont have them. Anyways wont happen since they already got the whole field planned out and almost ready to go to get the grass laid down and that plan doesnt involve having a lowered level at the side line.

james
12-08-2009, 05:04 PM
or we could just get one of those chairs for Dichio to sit in every match!

Marianne
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Gimme gates, or gimme death.

Billyfly: Instigator of the wrought-irongate scandal of 2009

CoachGT
12-08-2009, 05:43 PM
hahah... let's just get ONE of those seats, and call it the 'Player of the Match Throne'

The Danny Chair?????? Or the Dichio End?

Keegan
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
When TFC makes the playoffs they can have their fancy recaro seats. Don't see why a team that hasn't done shit gets more and more pampered year after year, its not good for them

Cashcleaner
12-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Billyfly: Instigator of the wrought-irongate scandal of 2009

Winner.

billyfly
12-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Where my prize at?

Auzzy
12-09-2009, 12:50 AM
The Danny Chair?????? Or the Dichio End?

The Dichio End goes in the Danny Chair.