PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Rodriguez to TFC or Bust Thread!

[NBF]
12-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Profile:

Orlando Rodriguez

Nationality: Panamanian

Position: Striker

Preference:Left Footed

Height: 5'10

This is Orlando scoring the only goal for Arabe Unido(Panama) vs Houston Dynamo in the CONCACAF Champions League (Wait till 2min. mark for the goal).

1VACQuj0HlU

This is him scoring vs Pachuca(Mexico). He scores the first goal.

eyyTzmKNJOg

This is him vs Isidro Metrapan(El Salvador). He scores a hat trick.

MFpndGhOpGE

Ossington Mental Youth
12-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Dunno anything about him
wiki anywhere?
anyone know anything else about him?

ensco
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Can I vote for Maxi Rodriguez?

Dirk Diggler
12-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I can't see any of the videos (or pictures) that you tried to post in this thread.

Oldtimer
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Sorry to say this, but...

You can't tell much from highlight reels.
Even a mediocre player has the occasional great play.

Brooker
12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
dunno about highlights.... cuz I could show you some amazing Carlos Ruiz goals....

ag futbol
12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Semi OT: Wasn't there some random guy on the El Salvador NT we were linked to a little while back ... name escapes me ... cristian castillo!

He looks like what we need on the wing ... he's transfered since the first rumor to Leon in mexico .. not sure of their status / money level. I just wikki and he litterly just signed a 3 yr deal 5 days ago ... sounds like it's dead.

iOufSvOfKsY

jloome
12-04-2009, 06:23 PM
He looks worth a look. Much more to a player than highlight vids, though.

More realistically (or at least as realistically) is Jeremiah White, who's in the U.S national pool as a winger and plays in Denmark. He's coming back to MLS apparently (although apparently Philly is already talking to him. They're going to have a Seattle-strength team, the way they're going.)

Cristiano14
12-04-2009, 07:34 PM
you guys remember when we went crazy over richardson from T&T who had some great goals and highlights over teams in CONCACAF CL including a hatrick over NE
And we eneded up just dropping him/trading him for nothing after a trial
THIS is prolly a similair scenario, so i wouldnt read too much into those highlights

rocker
12-04-2009, 07:50 PM
i'm more about the team play I hope Preki will emphasize rather than signing new guys like this one. we've gone through a lot of players and bringing in the next "diamond in the rough" from somewhere probably won't make a difference.. it's about the system now I think.

Yohan
12-04-2009, 09:43 PM
anyone remember gregory richardson? lol

[NBF]
12-05-2009, 09:44 AM
i personally dont rememeber going crazy over gregory richardson, specially when he was nothing but a trialist.

Yohan
12-05-2009, 10:46 AM
;814317']i personally dont rememeber going crazy over gregory richardson, specially when he was nothing but a trialist.
not crazy, but some hype over some youtube vids of richardson

then Mo fleeced Colorado for a draft pick later on. it was good lulz

MUFC_Niagara
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
bkXKDH33Oxw&feature=PlayList&p=9B7C0E96A2613475&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

Hey guys, look at this dynamite youtube video I found. This guy looks awesome!!! Lets sign him!!!

(and what is the "and bust" thing?)

FluSH
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
^^^

I think you mean this guy:

EL CRACK MATIGOL! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3Zsd3KROQ&feature=related

[NBF]
12-07-2009, 03:33 PM
i posted about this guy because my Guillermo Franco thread, was abruptly ended by West ham signing him while he was a free agent.

I can tell you this guy has all the skill needed to make our team successful. Not only that but he can make Chad Barrett look just as good.

Get In There
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
anyone remember gregory richardson? lol

Sure...aka Jackie Chan

but also remember Craig Bellamy.....when he was out of contract most posters thought we were too good for him.

you never know

B

james
12-08-2009, 12:39 AM
bkXKDH33Oxw&feature=PlayList&p=9B7C0E96A2613475&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=22

Hey guys, look at this dynamite youtube video I found. This guy looks awesome!!! Lets sign him!!!

(and what is the "and bust" thing?)

haha, ya best example of the fact that high light reels dont mean your gonna be a good player on our team.

i wonder where robert went now.

ag futbol
12-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I'm going to bump this one as .....

*While we await a D.C. United coaching decision, the Insider has learned that the club is attempting to acquire Cristian Castillo, the clever, left-sided midfielder for El Salvador's national team. Castillo, 25, was on loan at Mexican club Leon, which acquired his contract this month. My understanding is that DCU would have to arrange a loan itself. The chances are good but far from certain.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

If he makes it to MLS, i'm going to bet that he's good.

Keegan
12-18-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm going to bump this one as .....

*While we await a D.C. United coaching decision, the Insider has learned that the club is attempting to acquire Cristian Castillo, the clever, left-sided midfielder for El Salvador's national team. Castillo, 25, was on loan at Mexican club Leon, which acquired his contract this month. My understanding is that DCU would have to arrange a loan itself. The chances are good but far from certain.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

If he makes it to MLS, i'm going to bet that he's good.

None of El Salvador's players impress me at all, when Canada played them in the Gold Cup it was like facing a pub team. I don't think ES touched the ball.

Brooker
12-18-2009, 04:53 AM
haha, ya best example of the fact that high light reels dont mean your gonna be a good player on our team.

i wonder where robert went now.

I think he is the worst example. He had no help on this team and eventually just gave up. He would be a great winger for us right now.

he went to a team in Greece and was recently released. he's trying to get back with Newcastle I heard recently.

ag futbol
12-18-2009, 09:34 AM
None of El Salvador's players impress me at all, when Canada played them in the Gold Cup it was like facing a pub team. I don't think ES touched the ball.
You're assuming they actually cared about the gold cup ... which i have no idea if they did or not but judging by the fact they went on to beat the USA at home in qualifiers and this guy dominated frankie hejduk and Marvell Wynn makes me suspect he has at lest enough quality to get by in MLS.

I mean if you're going to judge on one club game, i know a certain squad that just lost 3-0 to macedonia and couldn't covert 2 gift penalities. But we all know there are plenty of players on that team we'd want right ?