PDA

View Full Version : Will Preki try to grab some Chivas players?

Stryker
11-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Sacha Kljestan is for the most part untouchable but I think LB/LW Jonathan Bornstein would be a good target.
Maybe Preki could sign Vitti to a lower salary and send him and Guevara to Chivas in exchange?

jloome
11-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Sacha Kljestan is for the most part untouchable but I think LB/LW Jonathan Bornstein would be a good target.
Maybe Preki could sign Vitti to a lower salary and send him and Guevara to Chivas in exchange?

Ives figures Bornstein is going to Europe in January.

twistedchinaman
11-30-2009, 04:52 AM
If I was Preki, I would be aiming to grab either or all of these three: Chijindu, Lillingston and Stepanovic.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Stepanovic i can see but why the other two (honest question here)

twistedchinaman
11-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Lillingston seems to be strong in mid and front; may be hampering on DeRo's space there? Chijindu, I dunno...he just seems to work well.

It was really all a flight of fancy...take a punt.

FluSH
11-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Ok,

So I've been gone for over two weeks... is Preki the new head coach now?!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-30-2009, 09:46 AM
yes, yes he is

FluSH
11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
^^^
Very nice

Ossington Mental Youth
11-30-2009, 11:03 AM
yep quite pleased myself

Shaughno
11-30-2009, 11:17 AM
As am I. I personally don't think we could have picked up a better coach for our situation.

jloome
12-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Lillingston seems to be strong in mid and front; may be hampering on DeRo's space there? Chijindu, I dunno...he just seems to work well.

It was really all a flight of fancy...take a punt.

Lillingstone is a capped Mexican league veteran who came up here to end his career, and to Chivas specfically because of its affiliation. And he's target forward, a la Danny Dichio but not quite as polished. So it's very unlikely.

Plus, OB white's big enough to play as a multi-faceted forward, with his back to goal occasionally.

Don Julio
12-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I really don't see Guevara being traded to Chivas. lol

jloome
12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
The only three players they have who would interest me all have issues:

Chivas isn't going to give another MLS team Klejstan's rights, so he's out.

Padilla is actually on loan from Club Guadelajara, so he's out.

Maicon Santos looked fucking brilliant both times I saw him play, but if you look at his resume, it's positively Vitti-ish when it comes to actually putting the ball in the net. Maybe he's as big a headcase (anyone who dribbles like Pablo should be running at defenses constantly, not spending most of his time dribbling laterally.)

Stryker
12-01-2009, 09:02 PM
I really don't see Guevara being traded to Chivas. lol
Why? Where do you think he came from and didn't want to leave?
Preki traded Guevara to Toronto againest his wishes, now Preki is here.

[NBF]
12-01-2009, 10:11 PM
my picks from the chivas usa roster:(players we actually have a chance of signing)

1. Tim Curtin - CB
2. Carey Talley- CB
3. Ante Razov - ST
4. Sasha Victorine -MF
5. Paulo Nagamura - MF (I thought he was our best player when he played in his first game for TFC)

Derko
12-02-2009, 10:52 AM
;809327']my picks from the chivas usa roster:(players we actually have a chance of signing)

1. Tim Curtin - CB
2. Carey Talley- CB
3. Ante Razov - ST
4. Sasha Victorine -MF
5. Paulo Nagamura - MF (I thought he was our best player when he played in his first game for TFC)

I like Nagamura as well, but I thopught he did not want to play in Toronto? or was it a MoJo thing?