PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love MLS (More Specifically Toronto FC)

TFCtoMUFC
11-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I know we all share the common love of our hometown TFC and we all support them but lately I have thought about the ways they support us. Sure in the MLS we don't have Rooney or Messi but we do have players who care. The players in MLS for the most part truly care about the people that support them. The players are always friendly and approachable and even do things like the pub crawl to make them more available to the public. One of my favorite players and one I think will be good next year is Lesly Fellinga, and not only is he a great footy player but a great guy. I really appreciate what he did for me and I will always cherish it and it is my favorite piece of Toronto FC memorabilia and without further adieu I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Thanks Lesly and I hope you have a great year next year!

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/jussijokinencollector36/DSC_0120.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/jussijokinencollector36/DSC_0121.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/jussijokinencollector36/DSC_0122.jpg

ArmenJBX
11-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Cooooool man :D

I wonder if I mail Nick Garcia, will he give me a jersey? I can't see many people asking for one, so it may be my only hope lol :D

TFCtoMUFC
11-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Cooooool man :D

I wonder if I mail Nick Garcia, will he give me a jersey? I can't see many people asking for one, so it may be my only hope lol :D

I talk to Lesly on a regular basis, and if you ask he probably would, nobody would want that.

ArmenJBX
11-27-2009, 03:51 PM
How do you know Lesly Fellinga?

TFCtoMUFC
11-27-2009, 03:53 PM
How do you know Lesly Fellinga?

Met him once, added him on facebook and I just talk to him daily now.

redtfcred
11-27-2009, 03:54 PM
are u a girl ?? casue that would explain a lot .. If u are a guy then wow he is nice

??

TFCtoMUFC
11-27-2009, 04:03 PM
are u a girl ?? casue that would explain a lot .. If u are a guy then wow he is nice

??

I'm a dude. He is a really nice guy, very grateful to have fans and very appreciative of everything he has in soccer.

Gixmo
11-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Sometimes it pays to be professional & cordial.... With your fellows members and the team alike

Approaching the player may or may not work, I'm not too sure about that to be honest. I would assume there is some sort of politics behind it. I was able to obtain a game worn kit that is probably the coolest piece of memorbilia I have from our beloved TFC & something I wear with great pride - Nevermind the exclusiveness from a lack of production. I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I simply asked and over the course of a few months kept dialogue and one day it happened - I'm very, very grateful and will remember that genorisity when I make a donation on behalf of the team/player to a TFC Charity - It's the least I can do. Some other members have obtained kits from attending matches (See Montreal) or replicate kits from Ninjas in the night (Thanks!!!) Both hang behind the bar at home and will be worn on occasion for match day.

That being said, the MLS is a very fan friendly league and I think what sets them apart from many professional sports in Canada - The lads on the pitch & the suits in the box genuinely admire our love for the 'Reds and reciprocate that feeling whenever possible. It's a passion we all share. The fact that everyone from the top down is always willing to hear, and in many cases, respond to your questions shows just how awesome TFC is..

TFCtoMUFC
11-27-2009, 04:32 PM
^I am in the process of acquiring my first game worn jersey. I think the best part of the MLS is that the players are people that want to be treated like normal people and not crazed celebrities.

james
11-30-2009, 05:59 PM
MLS players arent swormed by media where ever they go. So when they do run into fans they can actually maybe have a bit of time to chat and sign stuff and such. Other teams like Barcelona are swormed by crazed fan and media reporters 24/7 where ever they go.

Brooker
11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
game worn jerseys? do you wash them when you get home?

Stryker
11-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Met him once, added him on facebook and I just talk to him daily now.

I wasen't excited about him when we signed him but he had some really bright moments in the small amount of time he did get towards the end of the season.
I really appreciate players who try to connect with their fans and this thread has given me a greater appreciation for the man.
I too will now be rooting him on in the coming season. :)