PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Friday,Nov.27

denime
11-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Mornin'

Reds Players Heading North (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20091126&content_id=7721264&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280)

Battle brews for Canada's best youth (http://www.kelowna.com/2009/11/27/battle-brews-for-canadas-best-youth-player-territory-rights-up-for-debate/):canada:

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Parkdale
11-27-2009, 07:56 AM
a goth sunshine girl? whodathunkit?

'mornin D

Fort York Redcoat
11-27-2009, 07:59 AM
^I woulda wished it.

Parkdale
11-27-2009, 08:26 AM
and I hear those rocker goth girls just love a guy in Bermuda shorts.

keem-o-sabi
11-27-2009, 08:44 AM
good morning all, coed girls 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/daily-snapshot-girls-2/) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/category/girls/miss-coed/)

scooter
11-27-2009, 09:25 AM
mornin d

Shway
11-27-2009, 12:22 PM
The youth article is a great read!

I think we CSA should not put restrictions on where a kid is allowed to play. It should be where he wants to play. So if someone from Toronto wants to play for Vancouver or Montreal in the near future, to hell with it. '
This is how the game gets grown

Fort York Redcoat
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
The youth article is a great read!

I think we CSA should not put restrictions on where a kid is allowed to play. It should be where he wants to play. So if someone from Toronto wants to play for Vancouver or Montreal in the near future, to hell with it. '
This is how the game gets grown

Just to refer to England(cause nobody else does) that rule in place is great for making sure kids aren't poached by giants like Becks and ManUnited (oops) but I don't think there's going to be that problem here for a long while. I'd love to get there someday (if we're that team, of course) but until then I'll just enjoy having on our team "local lads" that grew up 2000clicks away.

Redcoe15
11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
a goth sunshine girl? whodathunkit?

'mornin D
She ain't too bad for a goth girl.

Redcoe15
11-27-2009, 01:21 PM
As for Coeds 1 and 2, HUMMINA, HUMMINA, HUMMINA!!! :yum: :drool5: :hump: :D

Detroit_TFC
11-27-2009, 01:40 PM
When I saw the first headline, I thought it was going to say that some players were going to winter in Nunavut this year. Probably not a good idea, I heard it gets cold there.

Technorgasm
11-27-2009, 01:44 PM
that sunshine girl rocks. . why is it that like, all gothy chicks are busty?

man its going to be a long time till beautiful BMO field of green awesomeness is . . ya. . awesome . . grass is so great.

Aroundtheworld
11-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Just to refer to England(cause nobody else does) that rule in place is great for making sure kids aren't poached by giants like Becks and ManUnited (oops) but I don't think there's going to be that problem here for a long while. I'd love to get there someday (if we're that team, of course) but until then I'll just enjoy having on our team "local lads" that grew up 2000clicks away.

That policy has been a disaster in England. It means that the best young talent can't be developed by the best talent developers. It's why the best English teams have had to rely on foreign players.

Kaz
11-27-2009, 06:50 PM
am I the only one that saw "heading north", and thought Barrie, Timmins?

[NBF]
11-28-2009, 12:27 AM
good article about the residency program in vancouver, im surprised that the exact same program is not in place in toronto, considering that bmo field is sold out for most home games.

as far as the goth sunshine girl, i thought she was hot, kudos on goth girls having big tits.

CretanBull
11-28-2009, 01:14 AM
That policy has been a disaster in England. It means that the best young talent can't be developed by the best talent developers. It's why the best English teams have had to rely on foreign players.

I don't think that's true in any respect. I don't think anyone would argue that the best teams have the best talent developers working for them. Most people would agree that West Ham have the best academy set up in England but they're far from one of the best teams in the country.

The top teams in England buy the best players in the world, a different approach to their own academy systems wouldn't change that.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-28-2009, 03:30 AM
and I hear those rocker goth girls just love a guy in Bermuda shorts.

best out of context quote in a bit

ag futbol
11-28-2009, 01:14 PM
To be fair though ... england within it's respective regions has 10,000x the competition that Canada has right now. We're litterly talking about a singular option here between huge regions of the country. To open that up slightly shouldn't be that big of a deal. The little bit of extra competetion to me is more important than getting a local kid. They are all going to be Canadian in anycase.

Side note Marcus Haber (whitecaps striker) has been offered a contract by West Brom (academy product i believe).