PDA

View Full Version : Player Autograph Signings Today

pat416
06-12-2008, 08:27 AM
hey guys i just check the TFC site and it says that some players will be at
Eaton Center (young and dundas) in the bay. near the ESQ. They are doing signings and greetings i know im going. Hope to see you there!

:canada:pat416:canada:

pat416
06-12-2008, 08:28 AM
it is from 4:30pm to around 7:pm

ExiledRed
06-12-2008, 08:29 AM
you mean signing autographs?

I was wondering if this was about a new player

pat416
06-12-2008, 08:32 AM
yea i called and they said it was autographs open to the general public

flatpicker
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM
you mean signing autographs?

I was wondering if this was about a new player

damn thread title had me excited there for a moment too...

pat416
Ya i think its more a community thing they are doing to promote the team.

pat416
wow i just realised how misleading my thread title is lol sorry guys!!!!

ACSertL
06-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I also read in the Brampton Guardian that there will be some TFC players at Airport and Bovaird at the new BMO branch from 5-7:30...buggered if the Guardian had it on their website though.

James17930
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Just for clarity, the Bay is at Yonge & Queen.

Red CB Toronto
06-12-2008, 10:27 AM
DateEventLocationTimePlayer AttendingThursday June 12, 2008ESQ Event at The BayThe Bay – Bloor Street, Toronto Eaton Center4:30–6:00 p.m.Various TFC PlayersThursday June 12, 2008ESQ Event at The BayThe Bay – Sherway Gardens, Square One, Upper Canada Mall, Yorkdale and Scarborough Town Center5:30–7:00 p.m.Various TFC PlayersSunday June 15, 2008TLN Italian Fest 2008Canada’s Wonderland2:00–4:00 p.m.Danny Dichio

rocker
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
looks like the whole team will be spread out at many different Bay stores... so if you have one in your neighbourhood, some TFC players may be there.
i wonder which stores get the big shots ;)

nascarguy
06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Player Autograph Signings are after every home for both home and away teams.there just trying to get poeple come out

GaryJamboTFC
06-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Player Autograph Signings are after every home for both home and away teams.there just trying to get poeple come out

Could someone take a stab at translating this from Nascar-ese for the nascar-impaired.

Thanking.

Phil
06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Could someone take a stab at translating this from Nascar-ese for the nascar-impaired.

Thanking.

I think he is saying that you can get autographs after the game outside gate 4 - post game.

They are trying to stir up attention by doing this. :D

Bobo
06-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Anyone know who is where?

Nodoubtguy
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I think he is saying that you can get autographs after the game outside gate 4 - post game.

more or less, how long after the game??

Kevvv
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
it is from 4:30pm to around 7 pm

Unless they go into Esquire added time

The sponsors are trying to benefit from their sponsorship. (And there's nothing wrong with that.)

Carts
06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm going to head over to Scarb town Centre...

I just wish I saw this yesterday, I would have brought stuff to sign rather than having to drive home and back...

Oh well - worth the trip...

Carts...

Detroit_TFC
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I also read in the Brampton Guardian that there will be some TFC players at Airport and Bovaird at the new BMO branch from 5-7:30...buggered if the Guardian had it on their website though.

Having seen what the developmental players make, the players may sign autographs then work a shift as a teller.

rocker
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
according to the CBA, players get $750 per appearance if it's a national commercial affiliate (I assume the Bay is).. $250 if it's a local biz...

Carts
06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Ricketts & Edwards were at Scarborough Town - I went by about 45 minutes about to say hello...

Both really good guys... They were talking to young fan and his mom as I waited... Then we chatted for about 10-minutes... First thing Rohan said was "...I like that shirt..." (TFC white love sleeve)

We chatted about everything from living in Toronto, to the Houston game, to the turf at BMO, to the weather (Rickets was shocked when I told him they're currently calling for rain), to fans etc etc etc...

On living in Toronto - Rickets loves the city (and seemed very genuine in saying so)...

On the Houston - both said it was hot as hell, and just miserable and muggy. They also said the field there was a terrible pitch... Edwards noted that he was "shocked" an NCAA pitch was in that condition...

On the fans (us) - they love us... Both said playing on the road is tough when there's zero atmosphere compared to here, and that it sucks about the streamers being banned from the corner kicks...

Tons more of course in a 10-minute convo... Both signed autos for me - it was nice meeting them...

BEST PART - as I'm leaving, I say I won't take up any more of your time, say my goodbye & handshakes and Rickets says "...thanks very much for your support, we appreciate it, love you guys... thank you..." I thought that was class - a real class act. They had already spent time chatting, signed autos for me etc, it was great to hear him say that...

Carts...

DOMIN8R
06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Nice to hear.

Cambridge_Red
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Damn I miss all the cool stuff. Grrr come to the KDub !!

Chapman
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Brennan and Wynne were at bay and bloor

Bobo
06-13-2008, 05:42 AM
it is from 4:30pm to around 7:pm

Liar!!!

I got to the Eaton Centre at 6:30 and was half an hour too late. :( Ah well, anyone know who was there?

Frick
06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Dunivant and Tebily were at the Eaton Centre. Very nice guys, talked with them for about 5-10mins.

Cunny was there too, but he was supposed to be somewhere else and they were trying to figure out where.

TicTacTabarnack
06-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Dunivant and Tebily were at the Eaton Centre. Very nice guys, talked with them for about 5-10mins.

Apparently Robert was supposed to be there too ... I couldn't make it, but my sister-in-law hijacked my jersey from last season and got autographs from Wynne, Dunivant and Tebily. Made my day. Now I have a reason to go buy a new BMO jersey today so that I can wear it on Saturday. :pbjtime:

Big Bruva
06-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Ricketts & Edwards were at Scarborough Town - I went by about 45 minutes about to say hello...

Both really good guys... They were talking to young fan and his mom as I waited... Then we chatted for about 10-minutes... First thing Rohan said was "...I like that shirt..." (TFC white love sleeve)

We chatted about everything from living in Toronto, to the Houston game, to the turf at BMO, to the weather (Rickets was shocked when I told him they're currently calling for rain), to fans etc etc etc...

On living in Toronto - Rickets loves the city (and seemed very genuine in saying so)...

On the Houston - both said it was hot as hell, and just miserable and muggy. They also said the field there was a terrible pitch... Edwards noted that he was "shocked" an NCAA pitch was in that condition...

On the fans (us) - they love us... Both said playing on the road is tough when there's zero atmosphere compared to here, and that it sucks about the streamers being banned from the corner kicks...

Tons more of course in a 10-minute convo... Both signed autos for me - it was nice meeting them...

BEST PART - as I'm leaving, I say I won't take up any more of your time, say my goodbye & handshakes and Rickets says "...thanks very much for your support, we appreciate it, love you guys... thank you..." I thought that was class - a real class act. They had already spent time chatting, signed autos for me etc, it was great to hear him say that...

Carts...

lol ill show him this when he gets home, thats a good look.

Big Bruva
06-13-2008, 06:08 PM
I finally got RR to order my TFC jerseys (Home-Ricketts) & (Away-Big Bruva) i better have them by tomorrow and hoping its open so i can go pick them up before the match

TFCREDNWHITE
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Who was at Sherway Gardens???