PDA

View Full Version : Rednation Interview with Nana Attakora

Klinsmann
11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Not sure if anyone posted this already:

Rednation Interview with Nana Attakora

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Rednation_Speaks_with_Nana_Attakora_of_Toronto_FC_ nov_24_09_feature.shtml (http://www.rednationonline.ca/Rednation_Speaks_with_Nana_Attakora_of_Toronto_FC_ nov_24_09_feature.shtml)

prizby
11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
doesn't seem to have been uploaded to iTunes podcast

spark
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
We give players the option how they want to speak with us. Some guys seem to prefer being interviewed over email than doing an audio interview.

Nana is just a print interview.

prizby
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
oh fair enough...i hadn't even opened it lol

jloome
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know when his contract is up, but if the club doesn't resign him to a lucrative long-term deal before then, they're nuts. His poise, concentration and speed make him the real deal. Fuck the height, don't worry about that, as he's not terrible in the air, either.

I think it's interesting also that he credit Chris Cummins so significantly, says he was a great coach and doesn't deserve the blame for last year's failure. If the most consistent and improved player on the team says Cummins is responsible, it's time to put a lot more credence towards the idea that it was just bad personnel choices that fucked us last year. Replace a couple of cogs that only turn forward and you've got a working machine

Hitcho
11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
^ Agreed re contract for sure. And also think it's interesting what Nana said about CC. Shame we couldn't retain Cummins in a non-head coach role (although I still think he was out of hid depth as head coach, at least for now).

Beach_Red
11-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Replace a couple of cogs that only turn forward and you've got a working machine

Let's hope so. It's good the new coach was in place before this expansion draft. It's interesting to see the mixed feelings here about leaving Amado unprotected.

It's always good to get players true feelings about things, but it might be a mistake to put too much emphasis on what a very young player says about the guy who was first the assistant coach and probably spent a lot of time with him.

(it would be nice to be Nana's agent right about now, wouldn't it?)

Yohan
11-25-2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think anyone would really disagree that CC is good with youth players like Nana, Gomez, Sanyang, Ibrahim, etc

poppamidnight
11-25-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't think anyone would really disagree that CC is good with youth players like Nana, Gomez, Sanyang, Ibrahim, etc

Your double-negative is a bit confusing at first,
but grammer aside,

I'd say CC was BETTER than Carver, but still not what we need for youth development...

some things I strongly disagreed w/:

#1 - Basically sitting Sanyang for a handfull of games after that red card (1 believe 2 yellows)...You want to send the kid a message (don't be over-aggressive in your tackles), Fine, I can live with that. 1 game, okay...But that long? It hurt us... Sanyang was/is better than some of the vets that saw the field over him

#2 - Gomez vs. Garcia.... Honestly WTF. Game #2 of Nick Garcia, most of us knew the guy did more harm than good. While Gomez would/did have his share of rookie mistakes, playing Garcia over him for that many games?.... Come the eff on... Give me a hit of that acid, cuz it must have been one whacky trip!

#3 - Fuad - Where art thou?
While Chad had a slight glimmer in the latter half of the yr, him and Vitti on the whole were just :picard:... and we knew they'd be :picard: game in and game out... So why not mix it up here and there? I just don't understand it.

Preki needs to rectify the past TFC history of screwing over youth for to long...
Footy IMO is a brutal sport in terms of youth-development. There is a problem w/ misconceptions that youthful inexperience does more harm than good, and most of the time the old-guys seeing action over youth seem to get the harm they commit on the pitch overlooked.
I hope Preki is a modern-footy mind that will give the youth a fare shake.

trane
11-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't know when his contract is up, but if the club doesn't resign him to a lucrative long-term deal before then, they're nuts. His poise, concentration and speed make him the real deal. Fuck the height, don't worry about that, as he's not terrible in the air, either.

I think it's interesting also that he credit Chris Cummins so significantly, says he was a great coach and doesn't deserve the blame for last year's failure. If the most consistent and improved player on the team says Cummins is responsible, it's time to put a lot more credence towards the idea that it was just bad personnel choices that fucked us last year. Replace a couple of cogs that only turn forward and you've got a working machine

He is not the tallest CB, but at 6 feet he is OK. Plus he has good size and strength. The kid is the real deal, and a good head on his shoulders, from the interview. I liked what I saw since last year. I think you were also one of those who thought he should have played more earlier. The game in Colorado was the game were he realy impressed. [last year]

rocker
11-25-2009, 10:37 PM
I wouldn't use one example of a kid liking Cummins as a sign that Cummins is a great coach. Every player has a coach they like. Who knows, maybe Gabe Gala should be interviewed to see what he thinks of Cummins? ;)

Plus, CC might have been solid at developing young players (at least that's his "rep") but he was head coach and there's more to that than developing young players.
I believe we'll see a huge difference (improvement) with Preki in all aspects of the game, not just the kiddies.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I think Fuad didnt play because otherwise we'd owe Dallas another draft or some such thing. I think thatll be different this up coming year. My only fear then is they play him out of position as a winger and dont bother to pick up another winger

rocker
11-25-2009, 10:47 PM
just a question to the red nation site people -- is there a reason the page keeps reloading every 10 seconds or so? cuz I was trying to watch the imbedded video but it kept reloading and thus resetting the page.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-25-2009, 10:50 PM
just a question to the red nation site people -- is there a reason the page keeps reloading every 10 seconds or so? cuz I was trying to watch the imbedded video but it kept reloading and thus resetting the page.

yeah this shit drives me crazy too keeps me from visiting regularly

spark
11-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Unless I'm wrong - I'm assuming the refreshing issue is coming from people who are using FireFox 3.5 (let me know otherwise). FF3.5 is apparently full of bugs one of which is dealing with flash based content (widgets). I use FF3.5.5 at work and it refreshes, but at home i'm on FF3.0.15 and it works perfect.

Two quick workarounds are either to simply check the site in another browser or once you see that the page is up, simply hit the "X" cancel/stop loading button and it should stop.

I know is it shite but until FF addresses this we can't really do anything, other than rebuilding the site, which we are doing anyways but it won't be ready for 3-4 months.