PDA

View Full Version : Nick Zimmerman

Ossington Mental Youth
11-25-2009, 09:02 AM
of NJRB
(please save the redbulls nonsense)
Showed alot of promise for a team that had very little last year.
Bit of surprise he was available.
What did everyone else think of what they saw from him as a winger?

Nuvinho
11-25-2009, 09:04 AM
I actually liked him. I was suprised the NYRBs left him unprotected. I figured he'd be one of the young guys in their plans.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
youd think, cheap too, i wouldnt mind us going after him, granted i dunno what we'd offer

Yohan
11-25-2009, 11:13 AM
he'll be a decent MLS winger in few years

ag futbol
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I think he's going to be a good player as well. Maybe we can convince Phily to send him our way?

Definately fills a need out on the wing for TFC.

Yohan
11-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I think he's going to be a good player as well. Maybe we can convince Phily to send him our way?

Definately fills a need out on the wing for TFC.
we really need more of a proven winger than a prospect... although he'll be a cheap pick up cap wise

I'm ok with Barrett/Brennan/Gala on LW. RW needs help and Zimmermann would be good for it, but not as starter IMO

ag futbol
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
^ That's the thing about MLS though ... the wing play is so bad Nick Zimmermann is not far away from being a legit starter. Not many guys who play out wide in this league that turn heads. Probably the weakest position leaguewide ... next to ref of course :P

IMO i'd still think he'd walk onto a starting position on this team with the roster we have currently (and be a decent upgrade).

I'd respectfully disagree with your take on our LW situation. Ourside of Gala (who's a bit of a mystery) none of those guys can take on their man and get in a cross with any regularity. Barrett's work rate is great for out wide (putting him with Zimmerman would probably drive other team's nuts) but i'm not sure if the rest of his game is the right fit.

There were a lot of times last year where we needed some creativity and gusto out wide .. but all we got was a negative backpass. In Barrett's defense, he wasn't the only one who did this and was probably one of our better "stop gaps". But i'd prefer we bring in a true wide man to fill the role.

jloome
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Good player, plays inside as well. Huge work ethic.

Yohan
11-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I'd respectfully disagree with your take on our LW situation. Ourside of Gala (who's a bit of a mystery) none of those guys can take on their man and get in a cross with any regularity. Barrett's work rate is great for out wide (putting him with Zimmerman would probably drive other team's nuts) but i'm not sure if the rest of his game is the right fit.

There were a lot of times last year where we needed some creativity and gusto out wide .. but all we got was a negative backpass. In Barrett's defense, he wasn't the only one who did this and was probably one of our better "stop gaps". But i'd prefer we bring in a true wide man to fill the role.
Ideally, I'd like to get a pacy LW who can cross and beat a man one on one too. But, those kind of players you don't really see in MLS.

As a short term fix, I can live with Barrett, Brennan and Gala sharing LW duties. They all have advantages and positive attributes as LW, and I'd rather have Mo concentrate on finding a good CB and RW and a ST