PDA

View Full Version : Where Will The Team Train Next Year?

James17930
11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
One thing I recall also being discussed when the big grass debate was going on was building a training centre for the club as well, also with a grass field.

Is anything like that still in the works? If so, what's the timeline?

If not, where will the team do the majority of their training? Still at BMO? Is that allowed with the grass?

At Lamport or in Etobicoke (but then it will be on turf and so doesn't that defeat the purpose of getting grass)?

Anyone got any info on this?

redtfcred
11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
AS the Beatles once said and recorded .. Let it be !!!

Hitcho
11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I've been wondering about this too. Getting a grass pitch is of limited utility if they still have to train on plastic. But if they train at BMO Field then the pitch will be in a right state come match days.

ANyone in the know - please spread the word! :D

deltox
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
im hoping they open a training facility in Stouffville. but im a little biased

rocker
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
despite having grass, BMO will still be scheduled to have more usage than just the couple hours of 15 TFC games. Maybe they'll use some of those hours to practice.

one things for sure.. they have to come up with a completely different spring training plan than previous years.

BuSaPuNk
11-24-2009, 02:34 PM
They could use the field's outside at Iceland in Mississauga. Close enough location and I think they've used it before.

Ron Manager
11-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Isn't the plan to build training pitches at the Lakeshore Lions arena site?

Oldtimer
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Isn't the plan to build training pitches at the Lakeshore Lions arena site?

I don't think that went through.

Canary Canuck
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
If the club is serious about creating a residential academy pyramid with numerous age categories they need to build their own training centre

CoachGT
11-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I hear they're going to use the plastic pitch in Aurora! Just kidding!

mlsintoronto
11-24-2009, 05:51 PM
we'll build a practice field at some point in the future.

Currently scouting grass fields for the near future....if you know of one that isn't a public facility please PM me. We need a field that can be used exclusively or almost exclusively, is relatively close to BMO field, has some parking, showers...

Red CB Toronto
11-24-2009, 11:38 PM

Currently scouting grass fields for the near future....if you know of one that isn't a public facility please PM me. We need a field that can be used exclusively or almost exclusively, is relatively close to BMO field, has some parking, showers...

Glendon College - York University at Bayview and Lawrence, it has grass fields and an athletics facility. It is where the Raptors practiced for their first few seasons before the ACC opened. The Argonauts practice at U of T in Mississauga.

Private Schools also might be the way to go.

James17930
11-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Glendon College - York University at Bayview and Lawrence, it has grass fields and an athletics facility. It is where the Raptors practiced for their first few seasons before the ACC opened. The Argonauts practice at U of T in Mississauga.

Private Schools also might be the way to go.

Good ideas -- I hadn't been able to think of anything.

VPjr
11-25-2009, 01:03 PM

What you want doesn't exist Paul....I wish it did.

I have heard rumblings about someone in the 416 thinking of expanding some available land inventory for soccer use. if you get in early, you might be able to work with them on this. PM me for details.

Hitcho
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Flatten Ricoh Col. and build your grass training facility there. Then instead of fleecing those poor bastards on the gold list for Marlies packs, you can sell them something useful like packs that include access to TFC training sessions instead. :D:D:D

Limestone
11-25-2009, 03:06 PM
I suppose having the team train in Kingston is out?(too far) lol
I can arrange some friendlies with RMC or a senior men's team in the area. Kingston is football mad!!