PDA

View Full Version : Additional Seats - Phone Appointment

cosmos
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Just got the email - Thursday Nov 26 at 2:30pm
Can't be the first and surely not the last appointment.

Miko
11-23-2009, 05:22 PM
^^ good luck Mike

wzhxvy
11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
What is the earliest date ie when does this start ?

Dbl_D
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
has to be someone earlier than the 25th at 4:15

ArmenJBX
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
If someone can get me 2, send me a pm :D

Stugatzo
11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Wednesday 25th at 9 am.

Snowy
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Thursday 26 at 3:30

TFC Cityboy
11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Wed at 1pm for me tho I hold out zero hope of any cheapies

Mark in Ottawa
11-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Is this the Gold List seat purchases?
Or extras for existing full season ticket holders?

Klinsmann
11-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Is this the Gold List seat purchases?
Or extras for existing full season ticket holders?

Extras for existing full season ticket holders.

My appointment is Monday, November 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Mark in Ottawa
11-24-2009, 08:09 AM
Extras for existing full season ticket holders.

That sounds like bad news for those of us on the waiting lists. :(

This almost guarantees that the only tickets left to the Gold and Red lists will be the most expensive seats in the house.

Klinsmann
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM

This almost guarantees that the only tickets left to the Gold and Red lists will be the most expensive seats in the house.

Last year, I picked up a 2nd single for $920 (It was the cheapest I could get) to go with my other single.

This year I was lucky to relocate to a decent pair.

Wagner
11-24-2009, 08:40 AM
wednesday 3:45pm

Chapman
11-24-2009, 08:48 AM

I think MLSE held off around 150 tickets, for the gold list, that weren't renewed and left after relocation. So depending on what they did hold off there may have been some cheaper seats in there. From what i remember from one of the last relocation appointments was that most of the available seats were scattered in 109 and the upper west deck.

Smokecell
11-24-2009, 10:59 PM
on a somewhat related note, does anybody have an idea how much of the gold list was graduated last year to STH?

Wagner
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
any luck for the first phone appointments??

I'm anxious to for my call this afternoon....

Mark in Ottawa
11-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Received e-mail today from TFC...

"Hi there MARK,
The time is so close! Thanks for your continued patience. We are currently preparing for the GOLD Waiting List sale of 2010 seasons seats and partial packages. The good news is we are holding onto some great seat locations for you!

Similar to past years, we will email you an appointment time in which a Toronto FC Account Executive will contact you by phone to discuss your 2010 options. If you need to update your contact information, you can do so through your online Account Manager (http://mlsefans.com/index.cfm?n35167s3527c1851237t3530o2239) under 'edit profile'.

This year we have over 400 Full Season Seats available (mostly in the Dark Grey sections) and approximately 2000 Partial Packs!

Don't forget to keep checking your inbox for an appointment time (we're hoping to be able to send the email by mid next week). The email will include all of the information you need to know about this year’s ticket process and packages.

Talk to you next week!
Toronto FC
// All For One "

Wagner
11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
anyone who's had a phone appointment had any results?
what were you offered?

Darlofletch
11-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Just got that gold list email myself. Have they put out info on what partial packs are available, or has anyone on the platinum list found that info out in a phone appointment yet?

Wagner
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Just got that gold list email myself. Have they put out info on what partial packs are available, or has anyone on the platinum list found that info out in a phone appointment yet?

my appointment is in 2 hours,
i'll report back.

TFC Cityboy
11-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Waste of time as usual for cheapies.
There are a few singles in medium gray $665 - for pairs dark gray only $969.

I'll wait for next season and hopefully new seats in the North...

torontocelt
11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Just a warning for anyone who sold a ticket through account manager last season. I just checked my balance as I was taking a look at the new layout of account manager and I noticed that a credit I had previously had been changed to spent on new tickets which I have not? Has anyone else had this problem? I have emailed my rep to find out why this is and await his reply. Also once again I did not get an email from TFC pertaining to the gold listers despite me changing my email twice, I don't know where my ones end up but I certainly never get them although ironically I do get marlies ones which I don't even want and only get because of TFC. You could not make it up.

Wagner
11-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Waste of time as usual for cheapies.
There are a few singles in medium gray $665 - for pairs dark gray only $969.

I'll wait for next season and hopefully new seats in the North...

That is disappointing.

Hitcho
11-25-2009, 01:57 PM

When is your appointment time Dunc?

TFC Cityboy
11-25-2009, 02:00 PM
That is disappointing.
agreed, tho not unexpected. At least by giving us the info in the email we don't get hopes up, and we knew that lots of STHs were downgrading, leaving gaps in the prawn seats.

Wagner
11-25-2009, 02:00 PM
agreed, tho not unexpected. At least by giving us the info in the email we don't get hopes up, and we knew that lots of STHs were downgrading, leaving gaps in the prawn seats.

although the email did say a couple of light grey singles would be available.

Darlofletch
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
When is your appointment time Dunc?

don't know yet, this was just an email to say that they'll be sending me an email some time next week with details of an appointment.

It's some kind of chinese water torture thing i think. it's been about two months now since i abandoned the safety of the tickets in your name.

I'm expecting and prepared for dark grey's, it's just a question of where, worst case scenario, I'm paying that much and stuck in the middle of the east stand. If that's the option, I may go the multiple partial pack route instead and hope for better things next year, or whenever the north stand comes into play.

TFC Cityboy
11-25-2009, 02:43 PM
although the email did say a couple of light grey singles would be available.
must have been snapped up early doors this morning.

Hitcho
11-26-2009, 09:37 AM
don't know yet, this was just an email to say that they'll be sending me an email some time next week with details of an appointment.

It's some kind of chinese water torture thing i think. it's been about two months now since i abandoned the safety of the tickets in your name.

I'm expecting and prepared for dark grey's, it's just a question of where, worst case scenario, I'm paying that much and stuck in the middle of the east stand. If that's the option, I may go the multiple partial pack route instead and hope for better things next year, or whenever the north stand comes into play.

haha - an e-mail telling you to expect an e-mail. wow, they really want you gripping on to your keyboard and monitor waiting for this, eh? :D

My guess is you will get a pair of dark greys on the upper west side (which is where a fancy gent like you belongs my friend - hahaha). You can wave at me in 118 from your seat on high if you come a bit further south than your location last season. throw chips at me and stuff. although mind the TRN boys. they play happy sounding drums but they are the stoniest faced people I have ever seen. I would not want to hit them with a stray chip butty. :)

post your appointment time when you get it dude.

Yeoman
11-26-2009, 10:01 AM
i got the e-mail for the e-mail to get ready yesterday
told me it was only dark greys left for me.

Hustle
11-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I may go the multiple partial pack route instead and hope for better things next year, or whenever the north stand comes into play.

I did that last year Darlo, but I won't do it again. This year I am going full seasons. The only way you are going to get seasons where you want them at this point is to bite the bullet for a year or two and then wait for relocation. Like you say, The only question is the North Stand....its hard to say how that will effect things but probably STH's will get first pick of the north if they want to.

Wagner
11-26-2009, 10:34 AM
How do people know that a north stand is even certain?

let's say it is,
What makes people think that the tix would be cheap?
for all we know they'll be super prawnie, like ultra-uber prawnie...with bottle service...lazy-boy recliners...

MartinUtd
11-26-2009, 10:37 AM
I'd say the certainly comes from the success at the Real Madrid game. They experimented with grass, we got grass. They experimented with a north stand. . .

Granted RMD is an exceptional team, it's still not a stretch to say we could fill in an extra 3000 or so on a regular basis.

Hitcho
11-26-2009, 10:59 AM
I'd say the certainly comes from the success at the Real Madrid game. They experimented with grass, we got grass. They experimented with a north stand. . .

Granted RMD is an exceptional team, it's still not a stretch to say we could fill in an extra 3000 or so on a regular basis.

Paul B has mroe or less confirmed it is being very seriously looked at in another thread. Plus there's the Madrid success with putting seats there which means additional revenue for MLSE. And I've also heard leaks from people who know people that it will be coming soon (take that at whatever value you will though!).

As for what the seats will be like or priced at, my guess is that even super comfy seats cannot be priced as highly as the club seats or even dark greys because the pitch view is just too limited. At worst they should be light grey level. Just a hunch though.

And regradless, I think the point is that by creating an extra few thousand season seats, it just frees up that many more seats for existing SSH to move into. So if you get dark grey seasons now, you've got a much better chance of relocating into your preferred seats when the north stand goes up as you'll already be a SSH. Whereas if you wait, you may get something or you may not, and your choice will be lower down the order (ie after the SSH), so better to bite the bullet and get in now if you can. I got two additional dark greys last year and relocated for next season into 127.

Nomad
11-26-2009, 11:03 AM

I can't remember seeing that many "true" sellout matches over this past season.

Hitcho
11-26-2009, 11:44 AM
you;re always going to get some empty seats through a comination of unsild scalper tickets, people who cannot make the game and don;t bother to pass on their tickets etc, but a big factor in the first three seasons has been the beer garden. don;t forget that every single person in there has a ticket to the match and represents an empty seat in the stands.

i think with a new (MLS recognised) coach, grass, a DP in place and the removal of the beer garden we'll see better "actual" attendances at the games next season (ie, it will look fuller rather than being told we sold 20,321 tickets by the announcer every game).

I'd urge everyone on here to get tickets through the additional phoen slots if they can by the way. I did it last year, and relcoated this year. it can be done people!

Darlofletch
11-26-2009, 11:50 AM
And regradless, I think the point is that by creating an extra few thousand season seats, it just frees up that many more seats for existing SSH to move into. So if you get dark grey seasons now, you've got a much better chance of relocating into your preferred seats when the north stand goes up as you'll already be a SSH. Whereas if you wait, you may get something or you may not, and your choice will be lower down the order (ie after the SSH), so better to bite the bullet and get in now if you can. I got two additional dark greys last year and relocated for next season into 127.

well yes, but (and this isn't something that occured to me until the relocation took place) the seniority for those seats jumped up to match your original year one purchase, so you were on the first day of relocation. by the last day of the relocation process, which is where you'd be if you're getting season tickets for the first time, there seemed to be little left going by reports here, so it's not quite as simple as you suggest.

having said that, it's obviously best to get in as quick as you can and start the process.

Suds
11-26-2009, 11:56 AM
you;re always going to get some empty seats through a comination of unsild scalper tickets, people who cannot make the game and don;t bother to pass on their tickets etc, but a big factor in the first three seasons has been the beer garden. don;t forget that every single person in there has a ticket to the match and represents an empty seat in the stands.

i think with a new (MLS recognised) coach, grass, a DP in place and the removal of the beer garden we'll see better "actual" attendances at the games next season (ie, it will look fuller rather than being told we sold 20,321 tickets by the announcer every game).

I'd urge everyone on here to get tickets through the additional phoen slots if they can by the way. I did it last year, and relcoated this year. it can be done people!

I agree with your point of biting the bullet and getting seasons seats now if someone can afford them. However, there is no guarantee someone will be able to relocate next year. I purchased seats last year and during my relocation there was no opportunity to downgrade to cheaper seats at all.

If MLSE goes with a north stand that will certainly open up a much more movement (assuming they don't do something like release the sale of new seats after renewal and relocation). So, yes, buy in now to move yourself up the list and hope that next year there will be more opportunities to move.

Hitcho
11-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Darlo - it's all luck of the draw though. People were getting 111 seats in sessions long after mine, and smoeone got 111 seats on the final day of last year's relocation. Being early this year only helped me because of the mass exodus from the back half of 127.

Suds - fair point, it is all hope I agree. But nothing ventured nothing gained. And the real issue is that if you can get in as a full SSH before the north stand goes up, then you stand to benefit from the relcoation even after that happens. Again, you need to hope it works out for you, but worth a punt for a season or so if you can afford the tickets.

GhostKiller
11-26-2009, 01:09 PM
IF the North stand seats go up does anyone think they might be designated for away fans? BMO been blasted a few times this last year because of not enough seats for visiting fans. Especially if Montreal and some other North East team joins. Just a thought.

wzhxvy
11-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Any news from the appointments today ? Whats left ?

Suds
11-26-2009, 01:15 PM
IF the North stand seats go up does anyone think they might be designated for away fans? BMO been blasted a few times this last year because of not enough seats for visiting fans. Especially if Montreal and some other North East team joins. Just a thought.

I hope not. I think keeping the away fans where they are in 104 is ideal. If additional seating is brought and a fair amount of relocation and seats sold to the waiting list opened up, then I could see them designating some additional seats to away fans in 104. These could be release to the general public a week or so before the game if not sold.

Hitcho
11-26-2009, 01:30 PM
^ Yeah I'd agree with Suds on this. The fact that we might get one or two teams bringing more fans than we have capacity for in the away section is no reason to chuck an entire end at all the other teams that bring no-one. Besides MLSE won't go for it. At best they might expand the away seating a bit and sell off anything that's left before game day.

I think any north stand will be priced similar to the south end. I am highly dubious that it will become an SG controleld stand based on the ideas chucked around so far. Not enough people will go for it and 111/112 (for example) are getting slowly more concentrated each year in the relocation event. A lot fo those guys just will not want to leave their spiritual home. Plus I doubt we'd get 3,000 banner waving, drum beating, lunatic maniacs to fill up an entire stand anyway, and then MLSE would sell off the rest to the public or waiting lists and you're back where you started, only with two watered down supporter ends instead of one!

cosmos
11-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Just had the appointment - pairs available in Sec. 106, 107, 108, 109 - basically row 25 and up. All Dark Grey. $1938 for the season but he did stress the relocation event to move to lower price for next year. Must be getting a lot of "Wow expensive...nothing cheaper"...

Darlofletch
11-26-2009, 02:56 PM
nothing in the west stand?

NewCity
11-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Just had the appointment - pairs available in Sec. 106, 107, 108, 109 - basically row 25 and up. All Dark Grey. $1938 for the season but he did stress the relocation event to move to lower price for next year. Must be getting a lot of "Wow expensive...nothing cheaper"...

I just got my call....same thing...I passed...I was hoping for even 2 scattered light greys so I could relocate them hopefully next year...no luck...oh well :) Looking forward in ripping that MLS trophy out of RSL's hands next season...deservingly of course :drinking:

MartinUtd
11-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Ah shit I missed my appointment.
Stupid outlook express didn't inform me...arrgh

Ah well, maybe next year

Snowy
11-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Just had my appointment. I took 2 in the top row of 109. I figure they are as close to a supporters section as I can get right now, and I can stand. My other seats in 121 can be for those days when the wife comes, and I can let friends use them.

Suds
11-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Just had my appointment. I took 2 in the top row of 109. I figure they are as close to a supporters section as I can get right now, and I can stand. My other seats in 121 can be for those days when the wife comes, and I can let friends use them.

The top of 109 is a decent spot. Most people stand in the last few rows even though it's not designated a supporters area. To date there have been no complaints. Great sight lines for watching the game.

BuSaPuNk
11-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Doesn't look like theres much to choose from this year. Shit I didn't want to fork out 2g's this year. Oh well. Looks like it's fork it out or get some partial packs. Any word on the partial packs this year?

cosmos
11-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Ah shit I missed my appointment.
Stupid outlook express didn't inform me...arrgh

Ah well, maybe next year

Call the office - 416 360 4625 - tell them you missed the appoinment - actually just say you never got the call - my buddy did and they let him have the appointment right then

cosmos
11-26-2009, 04:32 PM
The top of 109 is a decent spot. Most people stand in the last few rows even though it's not designated a supporters area. To date there have been no complaints. Great sight lines for watching the game.

That's what my rep said - it is like an unofficial supporters section as a lot of people stand - as long as people do not camplain have fun with it and keep the spirit spreading.

MartinUtd
11-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks, I was going to can. I just checked my email and a different rep from my usual tried making a pitch

Hi Martin,
I just tried to call you re: additional seats.
At this point we have single seats available in sec 221, 225 and sec
Pairs of seats are available in sec 222, 223, 224, 106, 107, 108, 109
and field level.
The available seats start at $1938 for a pair.

Let me know if you are still interested.

ugh.. no thanks, not for that money.

Snowy
11-26-2009, 06:00 PM
That's what my rep said - it is like an unofficial supporters section as a lot of people stand - as long as people do not camplain have fun with it and keep the spirit spreading.

That's great to hear. Looking forward to being able to enjoy the atmosphere at the top of 109!! :flare:

tupalev
11-27-2009, 11:21 AM
The only pairs left are in the reds, just finished my phone call. Which is too bad, I would have taken a 109'ish pair. Oh well, that's $2K saved :) and I still have my other pair.

Suds
11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
The only pairs left are in the reds, just finished my phone call. Which is too bad, I would have taken a 109'ish pair. Oh well, that's $2K saved :) and I still have my other pair.

wow ... sold out of all the Dark Grey already .. that does surprise me.

Klinsmann
11-27-2009, 11:39 AM

what about singles?

tupalev
11-27-2009, 12:56 PM
what about singles?

There were still lots of singles in the dark greys, 109 for example, but I was only after a pair, so I didn't ask too much about these.

cosmos
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow - and there are still appointments set up for Monday for additional seat calls - wonder what will be left for the Gold Mailing list - unless they did hold back some pairs in the greys.

Klinsmann
11-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Wow - and there are still appointments set up for Monday for additional seat calls - wonder what will be left for the Gold Mailing list - unless they did hold back some pairs in the greys.

I think this is what the gold list is getting:

This year we have over 400 Full Season Seats available (mostly in the Dark Grey sections) and approximately 2000 Partial Packs!

Redpunkfiddle
11-27-2009, 03:41 PM

There will be a fresh batch of seats for gold list types to become STH

Stencils
11-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone on any sort of list for seasons needs to save now and should have been saving for the last two seasons for the 'buy in' price of a ticket in the red sections.

I got in last year off the gold list (got to that by buying the nutralite package) but only by buying a single in 223.

Basics is I'm pretty sure you can't be on the list and hope to get a seat price you can scrounge up the cash for.

Start putting the pennies in the jar NOW and don't touch them until you're handing them over to a MLSE rep in exchange for a STH scarf and a little stack of tickets.

GhostKiller
11-27-2009, 04:04 PM
If I got a set of reds would anyone take them for a season? Face value. I can't afford to float them till the relocation next year...

PM me if interested.

wzhxvy
11-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Where were the reds that were left ? East or West ? and sections ?

Klinsmann
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
had my appointment, pairs starting at $2000 and singles from $960.

Passed on them

Stencils
11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
As of 2:00 today there were still singles in the dark grey available. Passed on it, but I know what to save for for next year :)

Pyeddo
11-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Passed on a pair in 109, Row 30

Eastend
11-30-2009, 03:28 PM
For those that pass on these seats, do you stay in the same queue for next year or are you relegated to the bottom of the list? Just curious.

cementhead
11-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Got a single in 121 row 2 dark Grey need a three seat!

Smokecell
12-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I wonder how the partial packs will look this year, I'm surprised they haven't given details yet

nascarguy
12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
For those that pass on these seats, do you stay in the same queue for next year or are you relegated to the bottom of the list? Just curious.if your on the list and you do not pass on getting any tickets you are takin off the list I think

Darlofletch
12-01-2009, 05:08 PM
presumably if you're on the platinum list, and renewed your seasons, but then don't get any extras, you go to the bottom of the platinum list, but at least stay there.

gold list, if you don't buy aat least another partial/marlie package, you get dumped to the red list. At least that's what my rep told me last year, though it may just have been sleazy salesmanship, coercing me into getting a partial pack to maintain my place, even tho i had seasons in someone else's name.

I'm getting more and more impatient for this as the days go by. Just take my money already.

Smokecell
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
presumably if you're on the platinum list, and renewed your seasons, but then don't get any extras, you go to the bottom of the platinum list, but at least stay there.

gold list, if you don't buy aat least another partial/marlie package, you get dumped to the red list. At least that's what my rep told me last year, though it may just have been sleazy salesmanship, coercing me into getting a partial pack to maintain my place, even tho i had seasons in someone else's name.

I'm getting more and more impatient for this as the days go by. Just take my money already.

see last year when my gold list appointment came around my rep said even though i turned down the marlies pack i don't lose my place so that may have been sleazy salesmanship indeed

NewCity
12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
see last year when my gold list appointment came around my rep said even though i turned down the marlies pack i don't lose my place so that may have been sleazy salesmanship indeed

You don't lose your place in line on the list...you actually move up, providing that the people on the list in front of you have purchased their seats...than it's all about the inception date that makes the order up. Once a SSH max's out their 4 seat option, at that point they come off the list completely, naturally.

jb831
12-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Partial Pack details are available now:

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/partial_packs/

Mark in Ottawa
12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Gold list phone appointments being listed...
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=18853

Yeoman
12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
dec 11 at 3;40 pm
ugh
i got a good feeling of expensive ass tickets that i can only afford on a game by game payment vise what they are using now