PDA

View Full Version : Preki & coaching staff

hrvat87
11-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Preki as new coach,do you think he'll leave the coaching staff that CC had last year,or clean out the coaching staff and bring in who he wants?every head coach has the right to bring in the guys he wants to work with...

I'd like to see Nick Dasvoic stay as assitant..hes a great coach,and also a greaty guy.

let's hear some thoughts.

spezz44
11-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Didn't Mo say that the asstants were staying already, that was one of the criteria the new coach had to agree to?

flatpicker
11-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Slightly off topic perhaps, but is there clear description of what Dichio's role will be at TFC?
Is he definitely in a coaching role with TFC Academy?

Auzzy
11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
In the presser announcing Preki's hiring, Mo mentioned the coaches & trainers are staying, but that Preki might hire one or two others. (For example, CC's previous assistant position is not filled yet.) Mo also mentioned that there's lots to do in different areas, incl. Academy, etc.

So there's opportunity to move people around & bring in new people to fit Preki's mold, w/o necessarily firing people. Of course, there may be even more change in the next 4 months -- Mo's already saying different things about how many players are staying & going, compared with before Preki's hiring.

So far, Danny is "Toronto FC Team Ambassador and Academy Coach." I'm sure they will wait to define his role further until other things are sorted under the new coach.

denime
11-21-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Preki and Daso can work very well together.
They can comunicate in Serbo/Croatian and be sure no one understand a single word.Like,make some coments about hot chicks in sec ?row?... :) or what moron is the referee,and so on.

hrvat87
11-21-2009, 05:30 PM
daso n preki could communicate,but a war also could break out.ahaha

ensco
11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Assistants don't matter much in the structure TFC currently have. Preki won't be dealing with agents and/or personnel stuff all day, so he's free to focus on coaching.

The assistants are theoretically much more important when the leader of the whole football operation is the coach - ie Quieroz at Man Utd, or what we had here in 2007 with Gansler.

London
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
i think only dichio should remain and winsper, preki should be able to have HIS guys

Blizzard
11-21-2009, 08:14 PM
i think only dichio should remain and winsper, preki should be able to have HIS guys

Well, as I think was said, Preki may be bringing an additional guy or two.

Regarding Dichio, as the least experienced coach of the bunch I'm wondering if Preki will be able to utilize him.

kitchener-TFC
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
daso n preki could communicate,but a war also could break out.ahaha
Lets hope that politics don't interfere between the two.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
In the presser they stated that the coach's currently in place would be staying and that Preki would adding one or two members to the staff.

hrvat87
11-22-2009, 04:44 AM
but there could only be so many assitant coaches to preki...daso was 1st assitant to CC,winsper was conditioning coach,goalie coach...i dont know how many assitants a coach could have...if preki does bring some of his assitants,then some1 currently on the TFC coaching staff must be let go...only time will telll what actually happpens...like i said earlier...DASO is a great coach and a great guy...

London
11-22-2009, 05:42 AM
what makes Daso a good coach?

everyone seems to think this

i am not saying fire him, just wondering why he is great?

rocker
11-22-2009, 02:18 PM

team canada under his guidance during Olympic qualifying looked well organized and dangerous.

UltraSuperMegaMo
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
but there could only be so many assitant coaches to preki...daso was 1st assitant to CC,winsper was conditioning coach,goalie coach...i dont know how many assitants a coach could have...if preki does bring some of his assitants,then some1 currently on the TFC coaching staff must be let go...only time will telll what actually happpens...like i said earlier...DASO is a great coach and a great guy...

No reason to assume this. Dasovic and Cummins were both assistants under Carver, so there's room for at least one more coach. They might look adding another positional coach.

hrvat87
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM

because daso coached team canada and not anyone can coach a national team.....and every coach that has playing experience is goood...

Shway
11-23-2009, 12:10 AM
No reason to assume this. Dasovic and Cummins were both assistants under Carver, so there's room for at least one more coach. They might look adding another positional coach.

RIGHT!

there is no reason not to sign a striker coach.

if you look at it this way Preki is the manager, hes prolly going to bring in 2, so he has a head coach, and an assistant, and daso would be another one

Who says theres no room for more coaches?