PDA

View Full Version : GBS being shopped around

Nuvinho
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Don't kill the messenger.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/11/tgif-friday-what-about-shalrie-where-will-schelotto-go-and-more.html

Sources tell SBI that Schelotto is already looking into potential destinations within MLS, and Columbus may have no choice but to deal the Argentine star if it can't reach an agreement on a new contract. A deal seems unlikely given the Crew's lowball offer.
Schelotto could take a payday in Argentina, but he has enjoyed life here and appears intent on staying in MLS. Where might he wind up? If the Crew look for a trade that lands them the type of package D.C. United scored from Colorado for Christian Gomez then a trade may never happen, but
Who might be able to land Schelotto? The New York Red Bulls could use a player with Schelotto's playmaking ability (An Angel-Schelotto tandem would be outstanding), as could Chivas USA. One club that could use his attacking spark is Toronto FC, a club whose fans have come to despite Schelotto for his theatrics in past meetings with Toronto. Something tells me TFC fans would embrace Schelotto if he showed up wearing red (something also tells me that Crew fans might go crazy if their hero signed with their most hated rival).

Nuvinho
11-20-2009, 01:10 PM
On Amado:

Preki didn't waste much time making an impression on his team in Toronto. He has already let it be known that he will run a disciplined ship and will waste no time unloading players who don't make the grade. One player who seems destined to depart is Amado Guevara, but not just because of Preki's arrival.
Toronto FC has too many midfielders and needs money to sign a forward capable of addressing the team's most pressing need, a reliable goal scorer. With Julian DeGuzman and Sam Cronin looking set to run the central midfield, Guevara is expendable and will have plenty of teams interested in his services.
Who would be in the market for Guevara? The list would be similar to the list that would want Schelotto, but Guevara would probably be the cheaper of the two alternatives. Red Bulls fans would welcome Guevara with open arms, while the Honduran midfielder would probably be more inclined to return to Chivas USA with Preki out of the picture.
It will be interesting how much the interest in Guevara is diminished by the fact that he will likely miss between six weeks and two months of the 2010 season to play in the World Cup. Teams in dire need of a playmaker might overlook that and consider what he could give the team the rest of the season.

Auzzy
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Re Schelotto: oh great, another attacking midfielder/hanging forward. TFC really needs another one of those......

Has Schelotto ever played out-and-out striker? Plus Schelotto doesn't seem like the kind of personality that Preki is looking for, considering they have a bunch of other personalities already on TFC that they will need to trade or manage.

Lucky Strike
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't kill the messenger.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/11/tgif-friday-what-about-shalrie-where-will-schelotto-go-and-more.html

Bang.

(that was joke by the way)

romburgundy
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
if anyone is planning a welcome banner i have a great yet maybe long one
"Once piss-yellow never a red. Get the fuck out"

Damien
11-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Let's invest the money Guevara opens up on a striker and maybe a defender.

I_AM_CANADIAN
11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Actually, I'd love it. It'd piss off Krew fans to no end and anything that makes their blood boil gets a thumbs up from me.

wzhxvy
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I want him traded here, his head shaved and then have him do tricks for us at halftime...

CretanBull
11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
We don't need yet another midfielder who plays in the middle, but would I ever love to piss of the Crew.

canadian_bhoy
11-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Who's his agent? That dramatically effects whether or not Mo think's he is a good player.

Gixmo
11-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Screw that noise... I could care less if everything he touched went in the net. He's the enemy...

Pigfynn
11-20-2009, 04:24 PM
GBS is a douchebag and I will never support him....ever.

ever

Brooker
11-20-2009, 04:30 PM
GBS has played as second striker.... i can't stand the guy but he sure as hell scores clutch goals, all the while making them look so easy.

Having said that, I could see him ending up in New York or DC way before he'd land here.

rocker
11-20-2009, 04:42 PM
i don't think he's worth it. TFC'd have to give Columbus something in return, and it probably won't be a draft pick only. He also cannot be a DP on TFC unless TFC goes and trades for a second DP slot (which means giving up more allocation or picks or whatever for him in addition to paying off Columbus)... I don't see Schellotto taking non-DP money just to stick around in MLS either.. he would have accepted Columbus's offer if that was possible (unless he's just playing the "respect" card with Columbus and would have taken non-DP money if they treated him right).

not to mention the fact that even his own coach at Columbus seemed to sour on him, including not playing him in the first game against RSL. PLUS he'll turn 37 next season.... nahhh..

justin
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM
it's too windy by the lakefront, he'd never make it through the game. poor guy would fall down constantly.

Hitcho
11-20-2009, 05:12 PM
^ haha :D

and for that very reason, GBS can FUCK OFF. Ives is wrong, I would never support GBS, much less love him. The guy is a wanker and the only time i want to see him at BMO Field is when he's crying into our new pitch at losing 7-0 to TFC. or being stretchered off after he injures himself diving while trying to get a TFC player booked.

Marco2K
11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
You guys are crazy. He is amazing.

MUFC_Niagara
11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Central defender, wing player, striker.....IN THAT ORDER!!!!

Blizzard
11-20-2009, 06:37 PM
You guys are crazy. He is amazing.

Exactly. He puts the ball in the net ..... but some of you guys would boo him anyway? Is that what you're saying?

jloome
11-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Exactly. He puts the ball in the net ..... but some of you guys would boo him anyway? Is that what you're saying?

Kind of a matter of principle. He's a terrible cheat.

ManUtd4ever
11-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Theatrics aside, GBS is one of the best attacking midfielders in the league. There in also lies the problem in that he's a midfielder. I agree with the consensus as MoJo needs to acquire quality defenders and a natural striker in order to give Preki a balanced roster to work with. In that scenario, TFC could contend for more than a playoff spot next season...

nascarguy
11-20-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah a player like him is what we need

Pookie
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Who's his agent? That dramatically effects whether or not Mo think's he is a good player.

That would be funny... if it wasn't true :(

Speaking of cheats... if Henry ends up in NY... that'll be a fun game.

TFC07
11-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't mind if TFC traded Guevara for GBS. :)

GBS is one of the best players in the league right now....unlike Guevara, GBS will be fully committed to his club.

True we got a lot of midfielders, but however, TFC can always make room for a star player like GBS. Get rid of Guevara, Robbo and Vitti (unless he takes a major paycut) use cap space on GBS and other players to fit our needs. Midfield of DeRo, JDG and GBS = best in MLS.

s2cazz
11-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Bring him here and make him sell beer in the south stands!... nobody will throw things on the pitch anymore... they will be too busy throwing them at GBS!

Hitcho
11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
People - have some pride!

Sport is not just about winning.

This guy can go flop around in piss stains and stay the hell away from TFC.

TFCRegina
11-21-2009, 01:38 AM
That would be funny... if it wasn't true :(

Speaking of cheats... if Henry ends up in NY... that'll be a fun game.

Well I hear the scene for men who like to 'handle' balls is pretty big there.

Yagbod
11-21-2009, 03:01 AM
I made JDG and DeRo my forwards in FIFA 10. I am winning like crazy. Put GBS, Amado, Cronin and Robo/Vitti behind them and then let Preki mold his defence.

Probably have to dump Garcia, Amado and maybe Wynne to create cap space for GBS and new CB.

I think Preki will want to keep Cronin and Robo on the pitch together because he is keen on the 'd'. Maybe a 4-2-2-2? Whatever d-men, Robo-Cronin, Amado-RBS, JDG-Dero.

Sorry, daydreaming. Get Casey and a CB.

ensco
11-21-2009, 08:19 AM
This is something that's wrong with MLS. You can't just "shop around" a Schellotto.

The culture of world football is that a player of his age and pedigree picks his team. The team doesn't get anything if a 36 year old leaves!

Columbus can trade him wherever they want, but trust me, as far as he's concerned....

He'll play where he wants to play.

Redcoe15
11-21-2009, 09:29 AM
First they gotta scrub down the smell of that piss soaked stank that is the Columbus Crew before he could possibly wear the colours of TFC.

Beach_Red
11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
This is something that's wrong with MLS. You can't just "shop around" a Schellotto.

The culture of world football is that a player of his age and pedigree picks his team. The team doesn't get anything if a 36 year old leaves!

Columbus can trade him wherever they want, but trust me, as far as he's concerned....

I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean if he wants to play for LA the league will just adjust its own salary cap "rules" to let him?

Or do you mean he should be allowed to pick whatever team he wants to play for and just go there?

Chewy Unikronik
11-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Screw that noise... I could care less if everything he touched went in the net. He's the enemy...

GBS is a douchebag and I will never support him....ever.

Ummm... OK. Because he did what to us exactly?

jloome
11-21-2009, 11:22 AM

Heheh, I can imagine that conversatin. "But G.... we hold your RIGHTS!"

And as soon as Schellotto picks himself up off the floor, having convulsed in laughter.....

Gixmo
11-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Ummm... OK. Because he did what to us exactly?

Are you serious?

-Yellow for one
-Yellow for two
-Yellow for three
-Can't stay on his feet
-Generally a large child in a mans body
-He's a jackass

He's not the answer. He also comes from the 'rival'

rocker
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
i think he's a great player, but too old and the cost is too much for TFC.

if he truly wants DP money, we'd have to get another DP slot.... of course that would cost us big money or players.

darb
11-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Would be a waste of money. I'll be disappointed if I don't see two defenders signed before any other position.

Chewy Unikronik
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Are you serious?

-Yellow for one
-Yellow for two
-Yellow for three
-Can't stay on his feet
-Generally a large child in a mans body
-He's a jackass

He's not the answer. He also comes from the 'rival'
LOL... Sure thing boss. But, if he had been doing all of that for us it would have been ok.

Gotta love some of the reactions of people. They bitch about the fabrication and worthlessness of the Trillium Cup, yet treat Crew players as if they have SARS.

I could care less about where a player is from. Our history is not deep enough to have players that we hate THAT much.

If the issue you have is with his skill or whether he fits our team, then you might be making sense.

ensco
11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't understand what you mean. Do you mean if he wants to play for LA the league will just adjust its own salary cap "rules" to let him?

Or do you mean he should be allowed to pick whatever team he wants to play for and just go there?

The whole concept of "owning a player's rights", if he is unsigned, doesn't exist outside of North America.

In world football, a player is either "under contract" or "out of contract".

If a player "under contract" is sold, the player sold usually is asked to make a longer-term commitment with the new team, effectively giving them a veto over the transaction. Also, by custom, older and/or better players simply must agree to the move...it's why Kaka didn't have to go to Man City.

prizby
11-21-2009, 12:12 PM

he is 36 going on 50

Gixmo
11-21-2009, 03:15 PM
LOL... Sure thing boss. But, if he had been doing all of that for us it would have been ok.

Gotta love some of the reactions of people. They bitch about the fabrication and worthlessness of the Trillium Cup, yet treat Crew players as if they have SARS.

I could care less about where a player is from. Our history is not deep enough to have players that we hate THAT much.

If the issue you have is with his skill or whether he fits our team, then you might be making sense.

Well, the fact that he can't stay on his feet is an issue with skill, so that fits alongside your argument. Regardless of 'color' I got no support for divers. I'm an Arsenal supporter, DuDu is a bad boy... I'll call a spade a spade. Show up in CTown with a GBS kit on and see what happens. The history is already there man, but you'd see that if you were there in March of this year. If you were there, and don't see it, adjust your reading glasses.

Alongside that, as mentioned a few times already, he does not fit our roster and isn't a fit.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, which is what it is - Take it for it's worth. I'm happy you'd be content with him - I would not. Kapeesh?

Shakes McQueen
11-22-2009, 03:20 AM
I'd support Schellotto if he suited up for us, though I would deplore any of his bullshit flopping antics, just like I hate it when Guevara does it.

Not sure if he's what we need though. We have a crowded midfield, and a dearth of good strikers.

- Scott

twistedchinaman
11-22-2009, 05:55 AM
if anyone is planning a welcome banner i have a great yet maybe long one
"Once piss-yellow never a red. Get the fuck out"

How's about -- "GO AWAY"?

ag futbol
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM
he is 36 going on 50
But this is a league where you can still be successful despite being a little older. Not really a fan of him for TFC but i think someone will take this gamble.

What's stupid is that under the current CBA some team has to pay Colubus essentially because they are too cheap to pay GBS. So the league loses a guy who has proven quality because the CBA just means teams put the price up on free agents internally.

fetajr
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
trade guevara and whatever else it takes to get Schelotto